Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76

Thread: Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

  1. #31
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Chapter 9 is out.

    So.. substantially I think there is nothing new about the revelation why Suwa is receiving letters from the future. What's make me kinda surprised is that Naho conveniently accepted such fact without any question or doubt. The last page is cute, and it's always nice to see a wonderful scene like that, finally Kakeru is able to let his true feelings out.

    Poor Suwa, I feel you man, I really do.

    ---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Edit: I thought most people would prefer Kakeru but looks like there's actually someone who prefers Suwa to be honest Kakeru received a lot more of the spotlight, maybe that's why I prefer him at the moment. Suwa appears to be your average, kind guy. Nothing bad with that but it's like there's so much more in Kakeru's case and I'm totally rooting for him and Nao
    Ah well, I'm rooting for him because of personal reasons. I believe that Suwa's character might be more complicated than what we have seen over the last nine chapters, it's possible that we're getting more knowledge about Suwa since the lovey-dovey stuff between Naho and Kakeru (seemingly) solved.

    In case of Kakeru... I don't know, it's not like I found him bland or whatsoever, but more to the fact that he's too much emo and a little bit too passive for my taste. Without the letters and support from his friends, he cannot express his true feelings, etc, and that's what I don't like from him.
    Last edited by Doraku; November 23, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    I don't think I can stand waiting till January for the next chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    What's make me kinda surprised is that Naho conveniently accepted such fact without any question or doubt.
    I think Naho was probably just very relieved when she realized that Suwa was also receiving these letters. I'm sure she felt burdened and alone, thinking she was the only one who knew that Kakeru's days were numbered, and feeling that she was the only one who could save him. I think, if I were in her situation, I would definitely be super relieved if I found out that someone else shared in this burden.

    Besides, I don't really think there is much to question or doubt in this case. Suwa coming up to her and saying "you got a letter too, right?" already proves that Suwa got some letters of his own, and knew of the letters she had received, without her having to say anything. Naho is so dense, she probably still doesn't know that Suwa likes her too, and is unlikely to pursue the issue of reading the second page of the letter that Suwa conveniently didn't bring along with him, that detail how he should suppress his own feelings for her.

    Speaking of which, I also felt really sad for Suwa in this chapter. To really love someone is to want the best for them, to want them to be happy. His actions truly exemplify this definition of love.

    Anyway, the fact that the rest of their group of friends also bugged Kakeru about what he wanted for his birthday gift makes me wonder if they too got letters? While Naho and Suwa are the most pivotal to the story, I would think that if future!Naho and future!Suwa were going to write letters to their younger selves, the rest might have joined in too. After all, a concerted effort from all 5 of them would probably be more effective than just the two of them, even if the two of them are the major players.

  4. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #33
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    what's weird is that, the Naho in the future who finally found out that Kakeru had feelings for her, and she cried- but then she and Suwa already have a kid in that timeline, right? And they're like, together. So it makes me wonder it's really gonna be awkward after that. :/

  6. #34
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Poor Suwa, I feel you man, I really do.
    I want to say that to Suwa as well. After reading the chapter I feel like crying for him. Making a sport as the biggest love in life? Are you kidding? How painful is that? Thinking about it further, though, the husband-Suwa who wrote that must be even more in pain, to know what his wife truly wanted and regretted the most in life.

    *hugs Suwa in her mind*

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Ah well, I'm rooting for him because of personal reasons. I believe that Suwa's character might be more complicated than what we have seen over the last nine chapters, it's possible that we're getting more knowledge about Suwa since the lovey-dovey stuff between Naho and Kakeru (seemingly) solved.

    In case of Kakeru... I don't know, it's not like I found him bland or whatsoever, but more to the fact that he's too much emo and a little bit too passive for my taste. Without the letters and support from his friends, he cannot express his true feelings, etc, and that's what I don't like from him.
    I'm looking forward for more of Suwa as well. I want to see him happy, that's for sure! As for Kakeru, I think that makes his character a bit more realistic for me. Sure it can come off as annoying, but he did something (he thought) terrible as well so maybe it was a form of paying back for what he did, pulling himself out of his surroundings. This kind of people really need others to pull him back in.

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Anyway, the fact that the rest of their group of friends also bugged Kakeru about what he wanted for his birthday gift makes me wonder if they too got letters? While Naho and Suwa are the most pivotal to the story, I would think that if future!Naho and future!Suwa were going to write letters to their younger selves, the rest might have joined in too. After all, a concerted effort from all 5 of them would probably be more effective than just the two of them, even if the two of them are the major players.
    That does sound probable at the moment, and looking at how these friends react to the trio and what's happening around them. I mean, aside from girls'' power and hunch which can be crazily strong at times, the present arc this chapter sure left that impression. Although we have yet to see how deep the realtionship of these other friends with Kakeru, since we don't see them interacting often yet. As said, they are only supporting characters, but can be 'useful' as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    what's weird is that, the Naho in the future who finally found out that Kakeru had feelings for her, and she cried- but then she and Suwa already have a kid in that timeline, right? And they're like, together. So it makes me wonder it's really gonna be awkward after that. :/
    I think the wife-Naho did love Suwa. Otherwise they wouldn't get married. It was like, first love, maybe, knowing you couldn't get together, that he was gone, but he loved you equally? I mean, surely she would cry, but I didn't really think it would make things worse for her and Suwa. After all, Suwa also sent that kind of letter to his past self. :O

  7. #35
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Nobody speaks about Takako :-)
    Seriously Naho is lucky to have such good girl friends to make for her lack of self esteem.

  8. #36
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    yeah that. But it seems to be a trend going on for the current shoujo these days. Gone were the strong heroine types. >.>

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #37
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    I'm really late, only read the chapter today

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I want to say that to Suwa as well. After reading the chapter I feel like crying for him. Making a sport as the biggest love in life? Are you kidding? How painful is that? Thinking about it further, though, the husband-Suwa who wrote that must be even more in pain, to know what his wife truly wanted and regretted the most in life.

    *hugs Suwa in her mind*
    One cannot possibly imagine how hard it must be to support the girl you love to get together with another guy... shows that Suwa is a very kind character too. Most people tend to be selfish, especially when it's about love.

    That chapter made me like him a lot more.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm looking forward for more of Suwa as well. I want to see him happy, that's for sure! As for Kakeru, I think that makes his character a bit more realistic for me. Sure it can come off as annoying, but he did something (he thought) terrible as well so maybe it was a form of paying back for what he did, pulling himself out of his surroundings. This kind of people really need others to pull him back in.
    Yeah, I believe that's what I already told Doku. I mean he didn't save his mother because he had some little fun time with his new friends. He had a few hours of fun and in exchange lost his mother. How silly can life be? I would blame myself hard too so I can totally understand him there.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    That does sound probable at the moment, and looking at how these friends react to the trio and what's happening around them. I mean, aside from girls'' power and hunch which can be crazily strong at times, the present arc this chapter sure left that impression. Although we have yet to see how deep the realtionship of these other friends with Kakeru, since we don't see them interacting often yet. As said, they are only supporting characters, but can be 'useful' as well.
    Seems very, very likely. In the future they apologized to Naho for not supporting her in her relationship with Kakeru and now they're supporting her whenever it's possible. That can't be a coincidence. It seems likely that the group would make a combined effort to, makes the whole "save Kakeru" a lot more likely to succeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    yeah that. But it seems to be a trend going on for the current shoujo these days. Gone were the strong heroine types. >.>
    Wrong, go read Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

    I don't see the big deal behind it though, as it's not Naho acting weak here. Remember the early chapters and what Nao said. "As long as they are happy, I'm happy too". She's one of the girls (ofc there are guys too) who are overly kind and try their best to not hurt others. I can totally understand that way of thinking. Not saying that I wouldn't like Naho actually throwing something back at that bit** but I don't see it as a bad trait.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #38
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    i'm not saying it's a bad trait, I'm saying it's kinda boring. >.> But i guess this is the type of manga that's more plot-driven than character-driven so yeah, still acceptable.

  13. #39
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    i'm not saying it's a bad trait, I'm saying it's kinda boring. >.> But i guess this is the type of manga that's more plot-driven than character-driven so yeah, still acceptable.
    Well I can understand that you want something different. Like I said, read Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Strong female main in my opinion.

    I wouldn't say the manga is more plot-driven though, I enjoy characters like Kakeru, Suwa and Nao a lot. On a second thought the plot is really strong, so the current hype + the high rating definitely exists because of that.

  14. #40
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Well "plot-driven" doesn't necessarily mean that characters don't matter... I appreciate the presence of the characters, but what "drives" the story, what makes us read on, is this plot of "time travel" or of changing fates, etc.

    conversely, "character-driven" doesn't mean there is no plot (as each story should have a plot).

  15. #41
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Argh I'm dying for a new chapter, any news on when it will be released?

  16. #42
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Sorry, this is not an update, but in fact a pretty bad news, maybe.

    Quote Quote:
    There will be no chapters of Orange in the foreseeable future. By that, I mean January and the month of February. AT LEAST two months.
    The chapter that was supposed to be released in Japan this month never came out…Betsuma’s website shows that there was no chapter and offers no explanation. Same goes for next month. So it isn’t our failure to do something this time, it’s something beyond our whatsit.
    Hopefully Takano Ichigo is okay, but only time will tell.
    Quote above is from the website of the group who scanlates Orange.

    That sucks big deal, really, when the plot is actually growing. I hope it doesn't mean something bad.

  17. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #43
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    That's a real shame, Orange is one of my favorite series. Hopefully it's back this month. Betsuma comes out next week, so I guess we'll find out soon. Chapter 9 was one of my favorites too. Taka was extra awesome, slapping Ueda.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #44
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Slovenia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    I asked manga news https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/s...47125134278657 apparently the author said on her blog that after Orange she's quitting being a mangaka, her blog has since been taken down (there's a link to it on manga updates)

  21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #45
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

    Ahhh >< I was wondering why there still hasn't been a release yet. Orange is indeed not listed on this/next month's Betsuma line-up That's a real shame. Orange was fast becoming one of my favorite shoujo, even if it was only 9 chapters long. I tried scouring for info too but couldn't find much even on 2ch (though I didn't have the time to read every post). Like Ikari said, Takano-sensei had written on her blog in September last year that she was going to stop being a mangaka after Orange, and her blog was taken down shortly after and then... She was never heard from (publicly) again :/

    I wish the magazine would at least make an official statement about the matter rather than staying silent, though.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts