Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kabuto Yakushi vs Hashirama Senju

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kabuto Yakushi vs Hashirama Senju

Dunno, there are way to many considerations here. Kabuto is effectively immortal for one thing. Taijutsu won't damage him as he regenerates thanks to karin's chakra. Even then, harming kabuto is hard as hell considering his body is kinda liquid. Then we have the consideration that kabuto's snakelike body and senses are further enhanced by his snake sage mode. In this regard, it would be quite hard to take him by surprise. Of course, then there is the issue that he has the techniques of the sound 4 and kimimaru. Kimimaru's bone techniques should add more to his already immortal body to say the least. Even if you do break him his copied bone KG would repair the damage and even without that he had the option to use his skin switch technique. For kabuto being immortal was clearly not enough, he had to show off with the ability to undo any form of damage in an absurd number of ways assuming making said damage is actually possible. Normally regenerating should actually tire kabuto but his convenient sage mode should already does a decent bit in him recovering his stamine as sage mode indeed results in the user recuperating.

Lets look at his battle feats for that matter. He has been fighting 2 uchiha with MS and one of them is an ET with infinite stamina to say the least. Not only he has survived so far but he has the two of then cornered and by now itachi has received attacks which would have killed him otherwise twice. kabuto surpasses doton in that he is able to actually will earth to life and order it to attack.

Hashirama has 3 aspects which are relevant here. First he had a decent bit of actual stamina considering the scale at which he was able to fight. The second is that he had mokuton which has been shown to be awesome in the worst case scenario. The third is that he was also about as immortal as tsunade was.

Now, in terms of stamina I doubt kabuto would lose here. Kabuto has natural energy to replenish as long as he wishes to while hashirama has to rely on his own chakra. In terms of immortality, kabuto reaches the point of it being redundant. He has way too much stuff going on for hashirama to compare.

Ultimately I feel kabuto would actually pull this off.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Lets look at his battle feats for that matter. He has been fighting 2 uchiha with MS and one of them is an ET with infinite stamina to say the least. Not only he has survived so far but he has the two of then cornered and by now itachi has received attacks which would have killed him otherwise twice.
    Because those 2 Uchiha don't want to kill him.
    Not killing is harder than killing.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood
    Lets look at his battle feats for that matter. He has been fighting 2 uchiha with MS and one of them is an ET with infinite stamina to say the least. Not only he has survived so far but he has the two of then cornered and by now itachi has received attacks which would have killed him otherwise twice.
    Yeah, no. One of those attacks was received intentionally, by choosing to protect Sasuke when he could have protected himself. And while you may try to negate the fact that Sasuke and Itachi are holding back by saying "Kabuto's holding back aswell", you have to acknowledge that he came to the battle with prior knowledge of the majority of their repertoire and potentially, poisons set to negate Sasuke's powers aswell.

So yeah.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member liangbi's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Scenario 1: Hashirama wins
    Scenario 2: Kabuto wins if he summons the current Madara
    "For every man there is a purpose which he sets up in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds"
    PSN: triancirc

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Yeah, no. One of those attacks was received intentionally, by choosing to protect Sasuke when he could have protected himself. And while you may try to negate the fact that Sasuke and Itachi are holding back by saying "Kabuto's holding back aswell", you have to acknowledge that he came to the battle with prior knowledge of the majority of their repertoire and potentially, poisons set to negate Sasuke's powers aswell.

So yeah.
    Itachi did protect sasuke but that does not change anything. If itachi hadn't done that sasuke would have pretty much died right there. I would argue that still counts. I don't see any particular part where knowledge would have actually helped him during the battle. I mean, he is effectively immune to eye genjutsu one way or the other and he is effectively immune to physical damage regardless of what he knows. Granted he could have been targeted by amaterasu but half his immortality tricks and snake switching would have protected him against that. For all we know his super snake senses would actually allow him to dodge amaterasu for that matter, he is already fast enough to dodge sasuke's susanoo arrow anyways.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Because those 2 Uchiha don't want to kill him.
    Not killing is harder than killing.
    Of course it is but what way is there to actually capture or kill kabuto? Standard ninjutsu or genjutsu is basically out as his snake, regenerating, bone regenerating, liquid and whatnot body is effectively immune to most damage and sage energy keeps his stamina rather fresh apparently. He is immune to eye genjutsu which rules out pretty much itachi's best tricks. Odds are izanami will actually do the trick however that is keeping in mind the entire battle is 2 vs 1 and without help itachi is not likely to pull this off. Even if sasuke and itachi wanted to kill kabuto, nothing they have would actually work as far as we know. Izanami could do the trick however in this case we have no reason to believe hashirama can pull that one. I guess the one genjutsu hashirama has could help but considering that rids kabuto of the one sense he does not need it would not do a difference. Kabuto as he is likely can only be defeated by sealing him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole "they are fighting without the intention to kill" just means they won't incinerate him by using Amaterasu and won't stab him with the Totsuka Sword... neither of which Hashirama possess.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Gats

Quote Quote:
    Oh I see, all your examples are totally fictional. My bad, I thought we were making reference to our real world. This was a big misunderstanding since the beginning. Sorry.
    Examples are defenetly fictional or do you know someone who can generate biomass out of nothing and regenerated holes in there body the size of you head in seconds?

Also think of someone cutting his hand off, how about cutting x dudes head off. For a time the limb, head, whatever is still going to twist and move around, then with time as cells die so will organs and what not. But it does not happen instantly.

Logan had his entire lower half ripped off and then he crawled and put himself back togeder.

Quote Quote:
    Hum do you realize that in order to work they need oxygen... ? Even to replicate/regenerate.
    Because Tsunade is using CHAKRA to fuel this process. Wolverine just pulls crep out of nowhere. He was burned down to just his Adamantium skeleton and then regenrated back to full (from nothing more then metal bones) in sesonds. Do you think he needs oxigen to replicate his cells? :P

Quote Quote:
    Wait..wut ? You're denying the existence of the influence of hormones in their activity's regulation ? (and I didn't say it was the only way)
    What? You said they receve orders to produce wood element and then i explained that wood element is not achived direcly by the cells. Cells don't receve orders like that.
    Also where did you got the idea that cells get orders to produce chakra? You really lost me. Chakra is a mix of spiritual energy and stamina (physical energy). Chakra DOES NOT come from cells. Cells are you physical energy.

Read on what the bloody thing is:
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra

Quote Quote:
    Ok discussion over. Open a biocell book, or even biology.
    Yes because i will find cells producing chakra... Can you recomend me 1? Not only that even in the narutoverse this is not correct.
    PS. Nice biology mumbo jumpo still completly irrelevant to the point we where discussing... Personaly i have no idea how you got from what i stated to "You're denying the existence of the influence of hormones in their activity's regulation ?".

Quote Quote:
    Cells producing wood element is an image, since we don't know how they're related to this (but they're related), it could be another kind of intermediate for all I know, why do you think Kabuto, Oro and co are interested by Hashirama cells ?
    They are interested in his DNA more then anything. I don't know how they work but Hashirama's body has that wood element kekegenkai. So if you have his cells (DNA/BODY) then you can use that OR you have acces to his SENJU abilities to mix with your Uchiha ones.

@LnDRash

Good post.

The thing is the only thing supporting wood element ability to turn into biomass(not plant stuff) are the clones but we already got just about all the elements turning into biomass. So i will not put to much faith into it considering that is just the jutsu.

What happend to Danzou we already know it can be doen, Yamato was able to create wood out of his body and all of them where attacked to his body the way it happened to Danzou.

Let's use Kakashi, he can create raiton clones but could he use raiton to grow an eye? A hand? A leg? Even if it would be temporary?

Wood element is the creation and manipulation of cells its true but plant cells. Unless his entire body is made out of plant goo then i don't see how it connects. Tobi for instance is part plant just like Zetsu and that is why Tsunade said that. Also he can't grow limbs back, he needs to take them from those devices. We do have hashirama's face apearing into fleshy parts so this is hard to digest but...

We have flesh transforming into plant stuff but we don't have it transforming into flesh again aside from clones.
    The ability to absorb back the wood is showed even in the link you provided with Yamato pushing the sword out, after it was out he started absorbing the wood thing back into his body but that does not mean he is transforming it into flesh, just that he can turn it back into what it was, chakra. I am sure some 2m of wood beam is not transformed into some 5 cms of flesh.

Of course the posibility that his regeneration comes from what he was most famous for, wood element is defenetly there but it the posibility that its not its also there.
    Last edited by xXan; May 11, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The clone is made up of the user's own cells, transformed into vegetation.
    We know the clone is made up of wood, so that means Mokuton is whats made up of the users cells, not just his chakra.

Quote Quote:
    Wood clones are clones that are created by altering the user's own cells with chakra.
    The chakra in this case is used to transform and manipulate the users cells into living wood, thats why Mokuton is different to for example Raiton, because thats just chakra converted into another type of energy, not the users cells reshaped into different organic matter. Even comparing to Doton wouldn't work, since its solid matter, but on the contrary to Mokuton isn't alive.

Thats why Kakashi healing his wounds by transforming Raiton isn't as plausible as Yamato closing his wounds by using Mokuton. Thats the only part I wanted to clarify, I still agree with your final statement.

Quote Quote:
    Of course the posibility that his regeneration comes from what he was most famous for, wood element is defenetly there but it the posibility that its not its also there.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3