Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 187 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 187 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Great prediction and I see that happening. However Komatsu doesn't have gourmet cells in him, as such he wouldn't be able to heal himself after eating. At least by speed like Toriko and the others.
    Not if Komatsu can also use Food Immersion. Seeing as how he is so close to death, it just might work.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    Regarding Komatsu:
    I know everyone wants Komatsu to get stronger, however personally I think that it will ruin his character. Instead, I'd like to think that when Komatsu enters a dangerous situation, he enters a "mode", like "Head Chef Mode". When in "Head Chef Mode" Komatsu learns to use the tools he has at hand to deal with the situation, similar to when they went up against the Salamander Sphinx. In other words, rather than being an actual fighter, he's instead a strategist that is able to cook any ingredient, but only with help. As a "head chef" he'll be able to see and observe everything, and using a combination of Food Honor, Food Luck and Hearing the "Voice" of the Ingredients, he'll know exactly where and how to handle any beast or opponent. Worse comes to worse, he'll whip out the Derous knife and personally fights, though I can only see him doing that when capturing an ingredient, not when fighting a person.
    I like your new prediction and I can see that happening. But as far as Komatsu goes, I'm on the side that wants him to get stronger, BUT I agree with you. I'm not saying I want him to be able scoop up mountains like Chin can or anything like that. I just want him to fight skillfully when he whips out the Derous knife and not yell, close his eyes and swing it randomly like he did at the Gourmet Pyramid. If he can get to a level where he has everything you said, plus he is physically capable enough to handle the changing environments in the Gourmet World without being strapped to Toriko's back the whole time; then I'm good. That's all I want. Well, that and for him not to cry and run behind Toriko every time a low level beast/ingredient appears. lol! I understand it for comic relief but that's about it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also in the side that Komatsu will eventually become strong. Introducing Chiyo now is just a taste of how strong Komatsu might become in the future and looks like food honor is the key. He being stabbed also shows the need to become stronger. After all it seems like almost all big shot chefs are able to defend themselves in their own way.

I think Komatsu is not yet stabbed but an intuition that he is about to be. Hopefully he can dodge it or at least avoid being hit on a vital spot through food honor.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 187 Discussion Thread

The chapter was great. Toriko has just gotten in another dimention. At the end of the chapter he seems to get up to at least 500 kilos. Though I hope he will get to at least 1 ton. Thus he will be able to not only fight Golem, but also fight Otake after it.

I thought that all the guys who were Assistant Masters at Shokurin Temple were strong judjing after Shuu's showdown against Toriko, but it seems that most of them are totally on different level with Chiyo. Hope her ass will be kicked by Chin for killing so many people including one of the Assistant Masters.
    This Otake guy... I just can't understand him. Why did he pierced Komatsu? Did he have a grudge against him?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Ermm.... Why would he fight Ootake anyway ? The guy seems weak, and I doubt he had gotten that strong in just this short period of time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why Toriko the only Heavenly King learning Food Honor and Food Immersion. Unless Ichiryuu got other big plans for the other Heavenly Kings.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Chiyo is one scary, old granny. Her fight with Chinchin could be the most exciting we have seen so far if it is shown in it's entirety. I guess that leaves the Golem for Toriko and Otake for Komatsu. Seems like Otake might have gotten Gourmet Cells or something, so Komatsu better whip out his Melk knife and start swinging.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Komatsu will end up needing a blood transfusion. And he will receive blood from Toriko giving him gourmet cells

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesomeness. Chiyo is a beast, a complete monster. Wagon's death was ridiculously good. Can't wait to see Chiyo versus Chin.

Looking forward to Komatsu in action as well. His fight is obviously not going to be anywhere as epic as a potential match-up with the two old folks, but I'm curious to see how he will progress. The reality is that we've seen that the top-level chefs are also extremely skilled fighters, to me it would only be natural that Komatsu gains some combat ability.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    Not if Komatsu can also use Food Immersion. Seeing as how he is so close to death, it just might work.
    Isn't Food Immersion just another way to fight and live longer? I think it expends the maximum health bar/stamina. So not rly tied with self healing abilities.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahaha
    If Otake injures Komatsu, especially if he ijures him badly, then I do believe Toriko will fight Otake. I would say hye can fight Golem and Otake at the same time.

I also like the posibility of blood transfusion from Toriko to Komatsu. It would be a great posibility to make Komatsu stronger to be able to go to Gourmet World as now he isn't capable of fighting and living there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Toriko could just lightly fling Otake with one finger and kill him if he wanted. No matter what Bishokukai did to him to make him stronger, no way he could get anywhere near Toriko's level in such short amount of time. Not to mention that Toriko is now reborn and vastly stronger than ever.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brebaz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Toriko will be as bigger than Bleach in the near future...

The chapter was amazing i can't wait Toriko's development and what will happen with Chiyo and ChinChin! also Komatsu injury isn't fatal, He'll survive this and Toriko will come for Destruction!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I feel like Toriko will be as bigger than Bleach in the near future...
    In Japan Toriko is technically already bigger than Bleach. Im not going to compare both manga nor do I intent to bash Kubos work. its just Bleach does not deserve to be one of the big three anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    I think Toriko could just lightly fling Otake with one finger and kill him if he wanted. No matter what Bishokukai did to him to make him stronger, no way he could get anywhere near Toriko's level in such short amount of time. Not to mention that Toriko is now reborn and vastly stronger than ever.
    I got the same impression. The Golem and Chiyo are the only threat, at least in my eyes.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko is reaching a new stage, my god, I can not wait when he is coming to a help

I also believe that otake and chiyo are drugged, hypnotised or brainwashed. You can see strange things around their eyes. So, the question will be if they can be helped and on whose cost?

Komatsu clearly felt something before he was stabbed, I would love if he did a disappeareance before being stabbed
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast