Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 187 Discussion Thread

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Toriko 187 Discussion Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 187 Spoiler Thread

Chapter is out, and have to say this chapter is pretty awesome.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c187/

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Badass, unfortunately I can't see the anime living up to the skeleton bird and deathly shadow we just saw.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

AMAZING chapter.

After so many soft and funny chapters, one just isn't prepared to see something like what happened to Wagon. It was chilling.
    Komatsu probably will be ok, like in Mellow Cola arc, but maybe Shima surprise us.

Next week Chiyo vs Chinchinchin is gonna be epic. I guess Toriko will fight the golem.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter! I actually think that Komatsu will be seriously injured and will be laid up for a certain amount of time. What I hope will happen is that with the injury he will still fight off Otake. But he'll probably just cry and say why Otake why, we came up together blah blah blah and before Otake gives the finishing blow Chin comes in and polishes off Otake calling him a rookie or something like that. Maybe this will finally be the catalysts for Komatsu to man up. This is the first real danger he's been in and Toriko is no where around.

I think Chiyo vs Chin is gonna look like a genjutsu fight at first. Someone's gonna say, they are just standing there. Then the old man (who I think saw at least a little of Chiyo's moves) will be like nope, they've been going at it for awhile now.

Toriko is getting bulked up on Bubble fruit. I wonder if he'll come back weighing 2 tons off bubble fruit alone.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was really something! Those bastards need to die, especially Otake who attacks Komatsu who isn't even armed or prepared to fight without warning. Chyo gives an incredible evil aura and needs to be stopped, hope master Chin arrives before she takes them all out.

Toriko is getting ridiculously huge, his back looks immense. Otake is saying farewell, I think they are going to the Gourmet World, so if Toriko can beat them it could mean that he is almost ready for the Gourmet World.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Dammit. This chapter felt rly short. I welcome the tension. Just baddass. Wonder how this fight gone end. Considering Chiyo knows the temple and its fighter, I believe she came in confident to beat them all. I guess the newly powered up Toriko will save their asses. Though not sure about Chinchan, I can't rly judge his place in this battle. I think he might now be a bit weaker than Chiyo.

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    Good chapter! I actually think that Komatsu will be seriously injured and will be laid up for a certain amount of time. What I hope will happen is that with the injury he will still fight off Otake. But he'll probably just cry and say why Otake why, we came up together blah blah blah and before Otake gives the finishing blow Chin comes in and polishes off Otake calling him a rookie or something like that. Maybe this will finally be the catalysts for Komatsu to man up. This is the first real danger he's been in and Toriko is no where around.
    I easily see this scenario happening. Chin will come to Komatsus rescue. As Chin and Chiyo will fight their battle, the Golem and Take will fight the remaining Assistant masters. They will be pushed back but still hold their own until Toriko will come to save them.

But I honestly think Chiyo is stronger than Chinchan, simply because she came in confident knowing the place.
    Last edited by BlackHair; May 17, 2012 at 02:40 AM.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

For the chapter to make sense Chiyo would have to take out Chin as well. She said her duty is to stop the spread of Food Honor. To do that she would need to wipe out everyone there, Chin included. So they couldn't spread their teachings to new students.

A top 5 Chef vs. One of the 4 National Treasures. I think it's safe to say this will be the most powerful set of attacks we have yet to see in the story. The two strongest we've seen are Midora and Ichiryuu, but they didn't fight just talked.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

New Personal Prediction:
    * Chiyo vs. Chinchin.
    * Chinchin doesn't use his full power since he doesn't really want to harm Chiyo, and instead tries to figure out why Chiyo has sided with the Bishokukai.
    * Chinchin gets injured since he was holding back, but also manages to damage her.
    * Meanwhile, Komatsu is dying and asks Ootake why he did this.
    * Ootake tells his story.
    * Toriko arrives.
    * Seeing Komatsu dying he tells Shuu to take Komatsu to the Bubble Way.
    * Since Komatsu was near death, nearly as soon as he enters the Bubble Way, the Bubble Fruit reveals itself.
    * Komatsu eats and recovers.
    * Toriko easily defeats the golem.
    * Komatsu comes back, and he, Chinchin and Toriko fight and chase off Chiyo and Ootake.

Regarding Komatsu:
    I know everyone wants Komatsu to get stronger, however personally I think that it will ruin his character. Instead, I'd like to think that when Komatsu enters a dangerous situation, he enters a "mode", like "Head Chef Mode". When in "Head Chef Mode" Komatsu learns to use the tools he has at hand to deal with the situation, similar to when they went up against the Salamander Sphinx. In other words, rather than being an actual fighter, he's instead a strategist that is able to cook any ingredient, but only with help. As a "head chef" he'll be able to see and observe everything, and using a combination of Food Honor, Food Luck and Hearing the "Voice" of the Ingredients, he'll know exactly where and how to handle any beast or opponent. Worse comes to worse, he'll whip out the Derous knife and personally fights, though I can only see him doing that when capturing an ingredient, not when fighting a person.

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    [...]
    * Komatsu eats and recovers.
    [...]
    Great prediction and I see that happening. However Komatsu doesn't have gourmet cells in him, as such he wouldn't be able to heal himself after eating. At least not by speed like Toriko and the others.
    Last edited by BlackHair; May 17, 2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: small correction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter highlight is definitely Chiyo. Love that page, although I feel bad for Wagon. Hope he doesn't die. Probably already is.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

He's dead, he admitted as much in the chapter. That other bird is dead as well, the only thing is when you carve them up that expertly it takes them a long time to "realize" they are dead. Wagon's problem is that he realized he was dead, otherwise he could have prolonged his imminent death and survived a few moments longer.

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Wagon is goner. It was explained back in chapter 184.

Anyway, I just noticed the Golem is the beast which Kurumado referred to back in chapter 159 (panel 1).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only who is curious to see Toriko ? His hair got longer, his cells have certainly evolved and I'm curious to see just how strong did he get.
    Anyway, that Chiyo sure is scary and strong, makes me wonder just how strong Setsuno is.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Men that old lady chiyo is really creepy!!, well this was a really good chapter ootake attacking komatsu and toriko looks much more powerful i want to see him beating that golem and see maybe a little battle between chiyo and chichin i cant wiat for the next chapter with color pages.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast