Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did Kabuto need Tobi At All???

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Kabuto need Tobi At All???

When did Kabuto ever claim to "need" Tobi? I fail to recall a time when Kabuto ever claimed to rely on Tobi, require Tobi's assistance, or rely on Tobi for anything. He wanted a chance to get close Sasuke, acquire the sharingan, and learn the secrets of the Sage of Six Paths. To do so he formed an alliance with Tobi, the quickest, least bloody way to get near Sasuke. Kabuto's enemies are the same as Tobi's, making alliance far more attractive than conflict.

I recommend discussing Edo Tensei in the Edo Tensei thread. If title is any indication discussing the technical details of that jutsu is off topic.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    When did Kabuto ever claim to "need" Tobi? I fail to recall a time when Kabuto ever claimed to rely on Tobi, require Tobi's assistance, or rely on Tobi for anything. He wanted a chance to get close Sasuke, acquire the sharingan, and learn the secrets of the Sage of Six Paths. To do so he formed an alliance with Tobi, the quickest, least bloody way to get near Sasuke. Kabuto's enemies are the same as Tobi's, making alliance far more attractive than conflict.

I recommend discussing Edo Tensei in the Edo Tensei thread. If title is any indication discussing the technical details of that jutsu is off topic.
    I wonder about the boldened statement. with the firepower kabuto packed, it'd have been easier to ambush tobi suddenly when he was in the hide-out(with all the edo tensies available to him) and capture sasuke. that to me seems the quickest,least bloody way.

my hypothesis is that kabuto would indeed like to see the villages fall...that seems like something orochimaru would've liked to do and that's a good enough reason for kabuto.

about needing assistance in taking the whole ninja world,that definitely is something kabuto required. its been already proven that ninja alliance is capable to taking care of kabuto's impressive edo tensei collection. so he needed foot soldiers which came in the form of zetsu, and i'm sure he also counted on the power of bizus in the hand of tobi.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering Kabuto's seemingly genuine hatred towards Konoha, it does seem reasonable to believe he would help Tobi solely to see the villages fall, especially since Tobi's actions kept the spotlight off Kabuto.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

they were winning the war until naruto showed up....

yes either the ET or tobi's bijuu and zetsus probably wouldnt have been enough

but together they were winning hands down, naruto just single handily turned the tide of war with his shadow clones and defeating the bijuus

itachi has also been a huge help to the allied shinobi

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2