Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lets Be Real: Will NPoT Really Go Past the U-17 Games?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets Be Real: Will NPoT Really Go Past the U-17 Games?

I'm pretty sure we've all wondered at some point: is there anything more Konomi can do with this story? A Jr. Grand Slam arc, maybe but what are the odds? How far can Konomi take tennis? How much pot would he have to smoke?

Personally, I think this manga will end once Ryoma takes the No. 1 spot.
    Last edited by Kaoz; May 11, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets Be Real: Will NPoT Really Go Past the U-17 Games?

Ending with Ryoma taking the No.1 representative candidate spot you say?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I am expecting a sub-17 World Championship with the 10 best players of 16 countries.

But maybe, they will compete in Germany. That would create an opening for Tezuka's come back.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    I am expecting a sub-17 World Championship with the 10 best players of 16 countries.

But maybe, they will compete in Germany. That would create an opening for Tezuka's come back.
    I expect the whole Squad of 20 to pointlessly travel too.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no real need to carry out the whole tournament in Germany just for the sake of one character. For all we care it could be carried out in Uganda as long as 16 international teams gather there, Tezuka included as part of Germany's team.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    There's no real need to carry out the whole tournament in Germany just for the sake of one character. For all we care it could be carried out in Uganda as long as 16 international teams gather there, Tezuka included as part of Germany's team.
    Lmao Let's not get carried away here. It would be piss taking to do it in a nation with out a world renowned tennis tournament.
    Considering in Africa the only known tennis tournament exists in South Africa.

Im hoping Tezuka joins the Japan team lol.

But I think Konomi has screwed up the moment No.s 11-20 arrived to the story. He's rushed things ever since. Even the dethroning of Temporary No.5 Kaji could have been shown since he didnt look exhausted and possibly gave Oni a half-decent match unlike Takei, Tooyama and Momoshiro.
    I reckon these last Top 10 are unfortunately our last of the U-17 Camp although I would love this Camp section to go on for a lot longer so we can see the improvement of ALL Middle Schoolers and some cool High Schoolers again.

But yeah, the moment we see Ryoma face Byoudouin is the moment we kinda know it will end lol. If not Byoudouin, the other final boss of this stage candidates are Ryoga or Tokugawa. Nobody else I can think of though.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, the final boss for Echizen is still his father.
    But he has to finish his match against Fuji and he has to beat Tezuka too. No need to play the others.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, the final boss for Echizen is still his father.
    But he has to finish his match against Fuji and he has to beat Tezuka too. No need to play the others.
    I can relate to this without a doubt.
    But I also think that amongst his future opponents MUST be Byoudouin. Byoudouin has just brought that feeling that he and Ryoma are destined to have a match and Ryoma is destined to beat him and educate him, just like Akutsu.
    Another person is Ryoga.

I think the final boss could be Nanjiroh, but Ryoga and Byoudouin are definetely along with Tezuka and Fuji.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can the final boss be the director of U-17? Remember in the manga near the beginning chapters, The director is "away" but he communicates with the coaches. The coaches say that there are too many people at the U-17 camp and the director told them to drop 100 or so tennis balls from the sky and whoever dont have one gets kicked out.

Is it me or was the director purposefully not shown in the beginning of the series. He/she might be a powerful tennis player. and who invited the Junior Highers anyways.. someone has been watching them from afar.

To answer Op's question: Not sure, it depends who's funding konomi to write manga. He's already rich. The original manga is 's like 10 years old and I'm not sure how much you can draw from the series. It's just mostly about tennis. It can be difficult to maintain good plot and character development over swings of rackets. ( not impossible) but I do enjoy the series and will try to keep reading it.

I think hajimeippo a boxing manga series is still ongoing, past 500-600 chapters
    Last edited by ashore; June 03, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post

I think hajimeippo a boxing manga series is still ongoing, past 500-600 chapters
    The Captain Tsubasa series has probably more than that if you combine all its series. It has like 3-4 series in total.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The Captain Tsubasa series has probably more than that if you combine all its series. It has like 3-4 series in total.
    Yes but half of the episodes are repeated in every series.

Konomi said that Prince of Tennis was just a Prologue. So, we'll have more Echizen until he's like 20-something.

This series will surelly be: camp- juniors world tournament- Ryoma goes back to the States.

Then who knows how it will continue...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Captain Tsubasa is different. It's easier for Captain Tsubasa to keep going at a decent pace while giving more characters spotlight for readers to love them because it's about soccer, where 22 people are on the field. I'm sure in the Captain Tsubasa U-16 arc the Japanese team had lots of room to shine.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Captain Tsubasa is different. It's easier for Captain Tsubasa to keep going at a decent pace while giving more characters spotlight for readers to love them because it's about soccer, where 22 people are on the field. I'm sure in the Captain Tsubasa U-16 arc the Japanese team had lots of room to shine.
    Well even here, its simply coz Konomi is chilled and laid-back and probably half-hearted about this manga + its on a monthly basis.
    He created the possibility of TWENTY representatives.
    My personal theory is that the Top 20 will be ENTIRELY made up of MSers but anyways, this has the possibilties to go well beyond the U-17 Games.

We have everybody starting High School, we could do a timeskip where Ryoma is a 1st Year HSer, honestly its Shounen Jump(Janppu lol). That means the sequel possibilities are endless.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that the first stringers, or at least numbers 11-20 are going to be changed every now and then, like how Seigaku's regular roster constantly changed up at times.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the first stringers, or at least numbers 11-20 are going to be changed every now and then, like how Seigaku's regular roster constantly changed up at times.
    it didnt really change much.
    Echizen, Fuji, Kawamura, Kikumaru, Kaidoh never lost their place, while No.s 11-20 were totally replaced.
    And im hoping for certain members currently to be replaced right about now.

For how far this will go, Im wondering if after these Top10 matches, then the team is completely made.
    Unless Kabaji being kicked out means that No.s 11-20 will get attention again.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast