Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lets Be Real: Will NPoT Really Go Past the U-17 Games?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets Be Real: Will NPoT Really Go Past the U-17 Games?

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    it didnt really change much.
    Well, duh, there were 7 people per match and about 8 regulars. So there would only ever really be one change.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Well, duh, there were 7 people per match and about 8 regulars. So there would only ever really be one change.
    You just said No.11-20 changed like Seigaku. They werent alike in changes.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Kabaji being kicked out means that No.s 11-20 will get attention again.
    I'd say this just foreshadows that Akutsu will play and lose, then get Kabaji's spot. I think those two are pretty much the only childhood friends that are at the camp and never teamed up at any point in the series and after we got both WoK and DP...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You just said No.11-20 changed like Seigaku. They werent alike in changes.
    You really, really think I meant exactly like Seigaku? Even whilst knowing that there is a difference between a team of 7 and a team of 20?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You really, really think I meant exactly like Seigaku? Even whilst knowing that there is a difference between a team of 7 and a team of 20?
    They are not alike in changes.
    No.s 11-20 all happened at once, now No.s 13 & Possibly 15 have happened at the same time, while Seigaku was all one at a time or at random times due to injuries.
    They just are not alike. So the statement was just empty. Regardless of exactly or not. They are just not alike.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I'd say this just foreshadows that Akutsu will play and lose, then get Kabaji's spot. I think those two are pretty much the only childhood friends that are at the camp and never teamed up at any point in the series and after we got both WoK and DP...
    WoK and DP?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

WoK and DP?
    WoK = Wings of Kyuushu, Tachibana/Chitose
    DP = Data Pair, Inui/Yanagi

Sorry, I'm used to using those.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They are not alike in changes.
    No.s 11-20 all happened at once, now No.s 13 & Possibly 15 have happened at the same time, while Seigaku was all one at a time or at random times due to injuries.
    They just are not alike. So the statement was just empty. Regardless of exactly or not. They are just not alike.
    ... I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that, Konomi might make it that some members of the 1st String are subbed out or something for those very reasons you just mentioned. Maybe one or two members may be switched out for whatever reason.

I'm not saying, "Konomi's gonna swap all of the 1st Court members every now and then at the same time."

In no way am I comparing Seigaku's monthly regular matches to the U-17's Shuffle Matches.

The statement wasn't empty, you just didn't understand what I was saying.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

... I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that, Konomi might make it that some members of the 1st String are subbed out or something for those very reasons you just mentioned. Maybe one or two members may be switched out for whatever reason.

I'm not saying, "Konomi's gonna swap all of the 1st Court members every now and then at the same time."

In no way am I comparing Seigaku's monthly regular matches to the U-17's Shuffle Matches.

The statement wasn't empty, you just didn't understand what I was saying.
    fair enough

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyhow, I think Ryoma's gonna leave Japan for a while and play tennis in another country. Maybe it'll be Germany, maybe it'll be Australia, maybe it'll be Italy, France, or Spain, but I don't think it'll be good for him to stay in Japan. Despite the characters we know and love being one of the best generations of tennis Japan's had, it's still a backwater country in the tennis world. He should go the Tezuka route.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyhow, I think Ryoma's gonna leave Japan for a while and play tennis in another country. Maybe it'll be Germany, maybe it'll be Australia, maybe it'll be Italy, France, or Spain, but I don't think it'll be good for him to stay in Japan. Despite the characters we know and love being one of the best generations of tennis Japan's had, it's still a backwater country in the tennis world. He should go the Tezuka route.
    He should do like Tsubasa, go to another country. However, I think Ryoma will stay in Japan for the whole time and improve playing around the world. But, it would be a turn for the storyline, if something like this happens: he plays Ryoga, then he realizes that he needs to improve even if he beats him, and goes to another country and, much like Wakabayashi in Captain Tsubasa, forms a rivalry with somebody that is stronger, and keeps improving. Then he comes back to Japan after sometime, and crushes a top 5 easily, then we have a much stronger Ryoma that can make Japan win the world tournament.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

He's obviously gonna go America again if he leaves. He's not gonna go to a nation he has had zero connection with in the storyline right now is he.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

WoK = Wings of Kyuushu, Tachibana/Chitose
    DP = Data Pair, Inui/Yanagi

Sorry, I'm used to using those.
    I dont think we are guaranteed in getting childhood pairs in the 1st Stringer line-up to be honest.
    I see Kikumaru joining the 1st Stringer line-up for plot purposes. I dont think Oishi is good enough to be there by himself.

Nothing to suggest he would be an amazing doubles player whoever he partners with unlike Kikumaru and the best Doubles player Niou.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think we are guaranteed in getting childhood pairs in the 1st Stringer line-up to be honest.
    I see Kikumaru joining the 1st Stringer line-up for plot purposes. I dont think Oishi is good enough to be there by himself.
    Well, what I'm getting at is this. Kawamura already has a spot on the 1st String, and I kinda don't see him losing that one. Then Kabaji, the guy who partnered with him, gets conveniently kicked out of the camp, freeing up a spot in that doubles. On the other hand, Akutsu is foreshadowed to play Oni, who in turn is one of like 5 HSers that had some sort of significance up to this point (in other words, it's not that farfetched to think he actually has a decent chance of keeping his spot). Add to that that Kawamura and Akutsu do have a connection, and to me it really looks like they will eventually be the No. 12/13 pair.

Also yeah, barring any surprises (i.e. Atobe/Niou somehow losing this match), Kikumaru is pretty much guaranteed the No. 16 spot. Not that I would mind such a surprise personally, but...

Nothing to suggest he would be an amazing doubles player whoever he partners with unlike Kikumaru and the best Doubles player Niou.
    Of course not, he didn't have much screentime after all and the only full match he had so far was a singles match. But again, he'll probably get a spot on the 1st String, being one of a handful MSers that showed the ability to hit multiple balls, and if he loses to Oni, No. 13 seems to be the obvious place to put him in I'd say.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, what I'm getting at is this. Kawamura already has a spot on the 1st String, and I kinda don't see him losing that one. Then Kabaji, the guy who partnered with him, gets conveniently kicked out of the camp, freeing up a spot in that doubles. On the other hand, Akutsu is foreshadowed to play Oni, who in turn is one of like 5 HSers that had some sort of significance up to this point (in other words, it's not that farfetched to think he actually has a decent chance of keeping his spot). Add to that that Kawamura and Akutsu do have a connection, and to me it really looks like they will eventually be the No. 12/13 pair.
    Kawamura COULD lose his spot though couldnt he. I dont see a guarantee that any of these MSers will keep their places. I think considering Niou gave up No.15 and challenged higher, I feel Kintaro and Yuki will do the same.
    I feel Kenya as a 1st Stringer is just odd. You know we have never even seen the guy in a full match outside of the OVA where he is a 2nd year lol.

Also, I feel that even the important HSers, like the non-fodder ones, are gonna eventually lose their representative spots at some stage/get defeated by MSers. Im talking Tanegashima, Tokugawa, Irie, Byoudouin, Ryoga and Oni of course.

Also yeah, barring any surprises (i.e. Atobe/Niou somehow losing this match), Kikumaru is pretty much guaranteed the No. 16 spot. Not that I would mind such a surprise personally, but...
    Would love Atobe/Niou to lose.

Of course not, he didn't have much screentime after all and the only full match he had so far was a singles match. But again, he'll probably get a spot on the 1st String, being one of a handful MSers that showed the ability to hit multiple balls, and if he loses to Oni, No. 13 seems to be the obvious place to put him in I'd say.
    While its true Akutsu is the guy most likely to partner up with Kawamura since when the MSers were asked to pair up they immediately paired together. I personally see Akutsu as a Singles player but Im not gonna rule it out I guess.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kawamura COULD lose his spot though couldnt he.
    Well, here's the thing. Given the current developments on the 11-20 spots, i.e. Niou giving up his spot as Oishi's partner, freeing up a spot for Kikumaru, Kenya having shown absolutely nothing as Momoshiro's partner (hinting at maybe Kaidou getting that spot in some way) and Inui grabbing a singles spot, which is something at least I wouldn't have expected, combined with Fuji and Ryoma being somewhat likely to get on the team, it seems like all of Seigaku will make the 1st String this time around.

Going by that, while it's certainly possible that Kawamura will lose his spot, I don't think it's likely.

I dont see a guarantee that any of these MSers will keep their places. I think considering Niou gave up No.15 and challenged higher, I feel Kintaro and Yuki will do the same.
    I feel Kenya as a 1st Stringer is just odd. You know we have never even seen the guy in a full match outside of the OVA where he is a 2nd year lol.
    I thought that at first, but at this point, I only really see Yukimura or Kintarou playing another match to make them lose against a HSer, except against Duke I guess. Maybe that's just me though.

Agreeing on Kenya, as I said above, I see him getting replaced by Kaidou eventually.

Also, I feel that even the important HSers, like the non-fodder ones, are gonna eventually lose their representative spots at some stage/get defeated by MSers. Im talking Tanegashima, Tokugawa, Irie, Byoudouin, Ryoga and Oni of course.
    Eh I dunno. Byoudouin I can see because of the way he's been displayed so far, maybe Tanegashima as well. The other four, I don't see losing their spots to MSers for quite a while. Tokugawa, Oni and Irie were the HSers that got focused on throughout the entire manga and I see no real reason to just throw them away. If anything, they'll get injured or don't play for some other reason, allowing MSers to temporarily replace them.

Unless with "eventually", you mean towards the end of the series, in which case I see it as a possibility.

While its true Akutsu is the guy most likely to partner up with Kawamura since when the MSers were asked to pair up they immediately paired together. I personally see Akutsu as a Singles player but Im not gonna rule it out I guess.
    Well, there's also the question who else would pair with him who isn't completely out of left field. You have maybe Fuji and I can't really think of anyone else tbh.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's obviously gonna go America again if he leaves. He's not gonna go to a nation he has had zero connection with in the storyline right now is he.
    Not guaranteed, especially considering that America is not the greatest country when it comes to tennis, regardless of the major tournaments that take place there.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast