Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lets Be Real: Will NPoT Really Go Past the U-17 Games?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets Be Real: Will NPoT Really Go Past the U-17 Games?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Not guaranteed, especially considering that America is not the greatest country when it comes to tennis, regardless of the major tournaments that take place there.
    The States won the Davis Cup 32 times (more than any other country), and is home of some of the best players in tennis history (both female and male), so I think they are in the top of tennis world. Also, Ryoma already knows the country, the language... yeah it's obvious he's going to the US (BTW, America is not a country ).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Not guaranteed, especially considering that America is not the greatest country when it comes to tennis, regardless of the major tournaments that take place there.
    Konomi doesnt give a crap about the current major tennis giants in team tennis. He's obviously gonna make Japan be the best LOL. I said connection. Ryoma lived in America for many years. He would go to america where he has been before.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    The States won the Davis Cup 32 times (more than any other country), and is home of some of the best players in tennis history (both female and male), so I think they are in the top of tennis world. Also, Ryoma already knows the country, the language... yeah it's obvious he's going to the US (BTW, America is not a country ).
    You REALLY think we dont know to the exact term is ''USA''? US, US of A, The States, United States, America, all names that the nation has. In PoT they refer US as America in several instances in the anime filler. People all over the world call it America ).
    And yeah @Brandnewkid, Eiji Kikumaru answers the issue on America.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Well, here's the thing. Given the current developments on the 11-20 spots, i.e. Niou giving up his spot as Oishi's partner, freeing up a spot for Kikumaru, Kenya having shown absolutely nothing as Momoshiro's partner (hinting at maybe Kaidou getting that spot in some way) and Inui grabbing a singles spot, which is something at least I wouldn't have expected, combined with Fuji and Ryoma being somewhat likely to get on the team, it seems like all of Seigaku will make the 1st String this time around.
    You even think that they will go to a tournament together and comeback and then a NEW team will be formed? Im thinking once they set out to represent Japan, its set in stone.
    And yeah, time and time again, I say Kenya didnt do shit, so a Kaidoh No.18 possibility is strong. Inui and Yanagi issue confuses me. Unless Oishi neatly slides up 1 and gives No.16 to Inui for Data Pair to happen.

Going by that, while it's certainly possible that Kawamura will lose his spot, I don't think it's likely.
    Im probably gonna be wrong here, but Im predicting him to lose his spot.

I thought that at first, but at this point, I only really see Yukimura or Kintarou playing another match to make them lose against a HSer, except against Duke I guess. Maybe that's just me though.
    If Yukimura and Kintaro are to lose, then which MSers will really defeat a Top 10? Sanada is the only other guy really. Im gonna keep my mind open since anyone who saw the Atobe/Niou pair coming 5 chapters Prior to it, is a god damn liar haha.

Eh I dunno. Byoudouin I can see because of the way he's been displayed so far, maybe Tanegashima as well. The other four, I don't see losing their spots to MSers for quite a while. Tokugawa, Oni and Irie were the HSers that got focused on throughout the entire manga and I see no real reason to just throw them away. If anything, they'll get injured or don't play for some other reason, allowing MSers to temporarily replace them.
    But the way Tokugawa appeared, as his selfish motive is solely for beating Byoudouin, not even ''winning for the team'' like most others or ''for the good of Japanese Tennis'' like Oni and Irie.

I see Tokugawa losing for that. Ryoga, he was so hyped up to appear, I dont even know what to expect. Byoudouin to defeat Tokugawa if they ever have a match though. Then Ryoma does the job properly and defeats Byoudouin after.

Well, there's also the question who else would pair with him who isn't completely out of left field. You have maybe Fuji and I can't really think of anyone else tbh.
    Not even sure anymore. I still see Kawamura losing his place, but if so, then... Fuji in No.11 could pair with him.
    My reasons for this is that I dont think the positions are strictly doubles and Singles and can likely be flexed around.

For example, Nakagauchi was introduced as a Singles player, and Matsudaira Chikahiko a Doubles player, yet they played different positions against the Top 20.
    While Nakagauchi was no.8 for the 2nd Stringers which now Im not even sure was based on Singles anymore, was paired with No. 14 or something-Miyako Shinobu.
    Its all a bit makeshift I believe.
    I reckon it wont even matter who's in what position and they will rush the storyline and sort things out towards the end of the Representative candidate battles.
    (Hopefully we have many more to come)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, now tell me which one of the Grand Slams is the Davis Cup? Exactly. I'm talking about Ryoma's personal development as a player, not the whole 1st Stringer's development if they ever participate in the Davis Cup (The Davis Cup is a team tournament).

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Konomi doesnt give a crap about the current major tennis giants in team tennis. He's obviously gonna make Japan be the best LOL. I said connection. Ryoma lived in America for many years. He would go to america where he has been before.
    And again, you don't know that. Putting Ryoma back in America to improve as a player would be pointless. He's already been there time and time again; personally I don't think there's ever any big challenges shown in America for Ryoma to overcome in America in the manga. He's done his thing there already, winning four major tournaments over there. Ever think about that? Why not send him to a place where he can actually improve himself? If Ryoma's gonna temporarily be in another country for a while, I'm sure Konomi won't send him back to America again where he's been for years. He'll probably send him off somewhere in Europe like he did Tezuka, where the level of tennis is generally higher.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, now tell me which one of the Grand Slams is the Davis Cup? Exactly. I'm talking about Ryoma's personal development as a player, not the whole 1st Stringer's development if they ever participate in the Davis Cup (The Davis Cup is a team tournament).

Putting Ryoma back in America to improve as a player would be pointless. He's already been there time and time again; personally I don't think there's ever any big challenges shown in America for Ryoma to overcome in America in the manga. He's done his thing there already, winning four major tournaments over there. Ever think about that? Why not send him to a place where he can actually improve himself? If Ryoma's gonna temporarily be in another country for a while, I'm sure Konomi won't send him back to America again where he's been for years. He'll probably send him off somewhere in Europe like he did Tezuka, where the level of tennis is generally higher.
    ? So what? How many Grand Slams are played in Germany?
    I said the Davis cup thing to show that in the US there's a very high tennis level (and practically in every sport except football), not because there are a lot of important tournaments there (although you've got US Open, Miami Open and Indian Wells).

Airgrimes, I know you knew that, I'm just fighting against the world to change that concept lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

? So what? How many Grand Slams are played in Germany?
    Must've not seen the part where I said the general level of tennis players are higher over there.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Must've not seen the part where I said the general level of tennis players are higher over there.
    Again, why?

USA actually has 2 players at the male's top 15 ranking, and 7 in the top 100.
    Germany has none and 6 respectivly...

Also, if a very important tournament is held in the States (such as the 3 I named before), players from all over the world would participate.

And you shouldn't just focus in challenges. The US surely has some of the best trainers in the world.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, why?
    The manga hasn't really shown any serious contenders from America (like the anime has with Kevin Smith). Except for Bundro, who was the number one ranked player in the world ... who got spanked by Nanjiroh one day prior to his appearance, and very arguably Nagoya Seitoku's transfers.

On the other hand, Konomi has hinted various times in the manga that the tennis competition in Europe, Germany (and arguably England) in particular to be something serious.

See, I'm going by the manga.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; June 13, 2012 at 08:54 PM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. Then, why do you think Nanjiroh picked the USA back when he started his pro carreer?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. Then, why do you think Nanjiroh picked the USA back when he started his pro carreer?
    Well, remember it was said that he had been winning tourney after tourney, and even beat the #1 player in the world. I think it was heavily implied somewhere that he had completed every other Open except the U.S. Open, because he missed it. Or maybe that was an anime-only thing. But in the manga, it is said that after he won the tournament that took place at the end of the chapter, he won 37 victories in a row all over the world. Also, the way the chapter is written, it is hinted that America was just a stepping stone for Nanjiroh. (Rinko says "For Nanjiroh, becoming a Pro is just a check point to his Big Dream.")

So, maybe he went to America to get his name up there as an actual Pro, figuring doing it in Japan wouldn't get him places, and that the States would be a bigger place to make a scene. Then, he'd go all around the world kicking ass.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; June 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Davis Cup is about strength as a nation. So its still relevant.

And again, you don't know that. Putting Ryoma back in America to improve as a player would be pointless. He's already been there time and time again; personally I don't think there's ever any big challenges shown in America for Ryoma to overcome in America in the manga. He's done his thing there already, winning four major tournaments over there. Ever think about that? Why not send him to a place where he can actually improve himself? If Ryoma's gonna temporarily be in another country for a while, I'm sure Konomi won't send him back to America again where he's been for years. He'll probably send him off somewhere in Europe like he did Tezuka, where the level of tennis is generally higher.
    Just the whole emphasis on Ryoma being the american kid, and his fluency in english. Who's to say there are no challenges in America?
    Japan suck at Tennis compared to the West in general. USA is the most likely place.
    Right now, Germany's tennis is not higher than USA's. Its simply coz Tezuka got scouted by a german guy that he went Germany. Could have easily been an Englishman, a Spaniard, a Frenchman, a Scotsman or a Russian and any other European nation.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Again, why?

USA actually has 2 players at the male's top 15 ranking, and 7 in the top 100.
    Germany has none and 6 respectivly...

Also, if a very important tournament is held in the States (such as the 3 I named before), players from all over the world would participate.

And you shouldn't just focus in challenges. The US surely has some of the best trainers in the world.
    Here we are. I dont know where you got that German tennis was higher than USA's right now. @Brandnewkid

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3