Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Substitute to Your Monthly PoT Desires

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A Substitute to Your Monthly PoT Desires

Presenting "New Prince of Tennis Another Court," a fanfic created by yours truly. Why did I decide to make this? Pure boredom, and it was partly inspired by Fayte's story. Basically, I did this for the fans, to give you guys something to muse over while you wait every month for the real stuff.

To sum it up, this story is more or less an alternate story; a re-telling of the battle against the first stringers, since that's what we really care about. Although it's heavily based on the manga, you can read how my story differs and judge whether I made good choices or not. Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy. In advance, let me say that my writing may not be up to par, as it's literally been ages since I've wrote fan-fiction. Also, the dialogue is mostly based on the original Japanese dialogue from the manga and my personal translation. And lastly, while I know this is merely fan-fiction and is in no way canon to the original story, I do guarantee that you guys will find the re-tellings that this story has to offer interesting to say the least. I'll do my best to give as much characters screen time and development as possible; even ones you'd never see coming.

Spoiler: Another Genius 1: "The Black Jersey Revolution" show

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Any reviews and comments would be appreciated before I bring out the next chapter.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 11, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Substitute to Your Monthly PoT Desires

Well fine so far. I g uess.
    Remember what youve got is practically the original storyline so there aint much to comment on as of yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Another Genius 2: The Illusion show

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Please guys, the topic of thread views is completely irrelevant. There were similiar cases before when a thread suddenly got 4 digit number of views in less than 24 hours and the world didn't stop turning. Not to mention that there are dozens of possible explanations ranging from search engine bots crawling this thread over to a bug in the actual vBulletin script. It's kinda ironic how you complain about kid supposedly spam-clicking his thread, while you're the ones who make the actual spam. 10 replies in a thread and only the first was on-topic. Views don't count as spam. Posts do

So, the morale of the story is: Who cares about thread views?

@ kid

I haven't read everything yet, but I strolled through the beginning and I liked it so far. I'll read the rest later. Keep up the work
    Last edited by alphabeta; May 12, 2012 at 01:21 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Kaoz

This thread is for the discussion of Brandnewkid's fanfic, not how many views this thread has. So kindly stay at least somewhat on topic.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Another Genius 3: Creation of the Perfect Script! Power on Power show

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Just would like to add, this is where the majority of alternate things begin. Enjoy.

Spoiler: Another Genius 4: To Ascertain Genius! The Limits of One's Potential show

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added May 19, 2012 at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was May 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM ----------

Reviews?

---------- Post added May 21, 2012 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was May 19, 2012 at 07:34 AM ----------

I'd hate to sound too needy, but I'd really like to know if there are people enjoying this story. I have lots of ideas that I can go on with, but it'd be a waste if no one appreciates or at least criticizes them. I'm not writing this only for my benefit; this is for all the fans to enjoy as they wait a month for Konomi to get on with the real stuff. As anyone who has read this story can tell you, it is not exactly like the original, as there are some major differences thus far. But, I would want to know if my interpretation of the story is doing good by you guys, or not. After all, I would want it to. It's something made by the fans, for the fans, so to speak.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 12, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the way Yuushi seemed to be doing fine with Fuji. As what we've seen in the manga, he should get completely dominated by Fuji.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't like the way Yuushi seemed to be doing fine with Fuji. As what we've seen in the manga, he should get completely dominated by Fuji.
    When in the manga did they play?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

He's about even with national Momoshiro, who is nowhere near high tier. Fuji IS high tier, regardless of whether or not people like him.

They don't need to play to know if player A>player B
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's about even with national Momoshiro, who is nowhere near high tier. Fuji IS high tier, regardless of whether or not people like him.

They don't need to play to know if player A>player B
    I dunno, he is the genius of Hyotei, and he did go through the U-17's training. Plus, Fuji's not playing as well as he usually does. I think Oshitari Y. could put up somewhat of a decent fight, but then again you don't know what Fuji can do.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Title doesn't matter. What matter is that you live up to your title.

Fuji has been going through the same training Oshitari had, and we don't have anything to suggest that Oshitari grow faster than Fuji.

Fuji's not playing a his best could be a fine reason, though.

EDIT: Another suggestion, if I may. Give Yuushi some new tech to show that he's worthy of moving up. Kind of like Momoshiro with his black jack knife.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 22, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Another Genius 5: The Birth of A New Counter! The Saint of the U-17 show

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Hope I delivered.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 22, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter is good. I enjoy it. I'm guessing we didn't know what Fuji's new counter do yet?

I kind of hoping to see a more "Fuji-counter name", lol. But that's a pretty small points.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter is good. I enjoy it. I'm guessing we didn't know what Fuji's new counter do yet?

I kind of hoping to see a more "Fuji-counter name", lol. But that's a pretty small points.
    The Neo-Counter is a brand new counter technique that represents a new awakening in the genius Fuji Shusuke. Yeah, there is a total difference in how this Counter is named compared to the rest, but if I were to type it in Japanese the Neo-Counter: Jet Return would be written in Katakana as ジェット・レターン, unlike the other Counters which are written in Kanji. Katakana is used to write foreign words in Japanese, and such, and is 'relatively new' to the Japanese language. It is written and named as such to symbolize the 'progress' in Fuji's Counters, and why it is a Neo-Counter; 'new.' For instance, a swallow is something that has been around since ancient times and is seen as a free bird. A jet, however, is an invention created in modern times due to new technologies that has allowed new innovations in aviation.

Tsubame Gaeshi (Swallow Return) -> Jet Return

---------- Post added May 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was May 22, 2012 at 05:45 PM ----------

Spoiler: Another Genius 6: The Revolution Is A Success! The Genius 10 Debut show
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 22, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

awwww. Was hoping for a Little bit more on the Inui match. Interesting to see how it will go from here though.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast