Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Substitute to Your Monthly PoT Desires

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Substitute to Your Monthly PoT Desires

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime no uta View Post
    awwww. Was hoping for a Little bit more on the Inui match. Interesting to see how it will go from here though.
    Sorry about that. Honestly, I just wanted to skip ahead to the G10 games. I had an idea for a Mitsuya vs. Inui game, but in the end, a data player vs. data player match would seem pretty boring to me. They would each know what the other would say before he says it, everything would be according to plan, etc. But who knows, maybe I'll have the two play in the future. It's definitely in the cards.

That being said, I probably won't have any Genius 10 matches until we see what more of the Genius 10 are capable of.

---------- Post added May 24, 2012 at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was May 23, 2012 at 12:31 PM ----------

Spoiler: Another Genius 8: The Ultimate Unparalleled Secret Technique! The Terror of the Decade-Exclusive Genius show
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 24, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, you made Akutsu use Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu in Tennis!?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Lol, you made Akutsu use Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu in Tennis!?
    He can also do Air Hadokyuu's ... with one arm.

I think a lot of people forget that Akutsu's a special kind of genius. He's a martial arts prodigy that was able to take out entire dojos as a kid - that says something about human potential.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    "1 Set Match, Joji Umegara to serve!"
    Then how come...?

The two continued to rally the balls, until Akutsu managed to make the first score.

"15-0!"
    I like the chapter. Akutsu new tech kind of fit him. I don't like characters rallying with more than 1 ball, though.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for pointing that out.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

The following chapter, folks, was not part of my original plans for the story. It's more of a challenge kind of thing. Y'see, in a certain thread where Yamabuki's Sengoku's tennis prowess was brought into discussion, I argued that Sengoku was actually not that great in tennis and that he's just a lucky hax. To further support this, I joked that I could even write a match where Sengoku is able to hold his own Yukimura of all people, and still make it seem believable. Part of this was due to Konomi's refusal to give us any decent Sengoku-showtime after his match with Momoshiro, other than apparently raping Richard Sakata face first into the fence (Maybe I should do a story giving Richard some time in the limelight?)

So yeah, Challenge Accepted. I gotta say, this was one of the most funnest and most interesting chapters to write. Without further adeu, enjoy.

Spoiler: Another Genius 9: So Special! The Demigod vs. The Luckiest Guy in the World! show
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 28, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way Sengoku would take a game from Yuki even if he's that lucky, I was hoping for Sanada vs Yuki rematch

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way Sengoku would take a game from Yuki even if he's that lucky, I was hoping for Sanada vs Yuki rematch
    Wayyyy too early for that. Don't think I'm gonna have a Sanada match any time soon until we've seen what he's gained from the mountain training. That, and I'm not totally confident in my abilities to write a great Sanada match.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of this was due to Konomi's refusal to give us any decent Sengoku-showtime after his match with Momoshiro, other than apparently raping Richard Sakata face first into the fence
    He lost against Kamio. Also the match against Richard was 6-4, so not exactly a blowout.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    He lost against Kamio. Also the match against Richard was 6-4, so not exactly a blowout.
    I stand corrected.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

There's no way Sengoku would take a game from Yuki even if he's that lucky,
    I didn't really reply to this, so let me do it now and bump my thread at the same time: the era where Yukimura is this invincible super god that never loses is over. In NPoT we have people that are much stronger than Yukimura. Not to say that Sengoku is stronger than Yukimura, but now it's more likely to see someone like Yukimura, who was invincible before, actually lose a game. Now, if you read my story, I made Sengoku lose 6-1. That mean he took one game from Yukimura. Not something like 6-4. Now that would be outrageous. But for another middle schooler that doesn't have Muga to take a game away from someone like Yukimura, to me, just shows that the U-17 is really doing their job.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that the U-17 will make you a beast. If I put, say, Arai in there and had him go up against Yukimura after receiving training from the U-17 camp, the chances that Arai would take a game would be pretty low. But, this is Sengoku, who according to the manga (supposedly) and you guys (because I've never seen this part myself) was seen as on par with Yanagi and Atobe. If that's the case, then it is very possible.

If that is not the case however, and the original manga in no way implies that Sengoku is a tennis player of such high calliber, please let me know and I will rewrite the story to adjust to it's confines of tennis ability.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was an interestingly constructed match, although I probably also think that Yukimura would not drop a game to sengoku, seems how Yuki easily crushed kintaro in the nationals. But I still don't mind it. Its a fan fic, so I hope you just keep creating unique ideas whether or not they follow the exact parameters of the manga.
    Look forward to seeing your next match.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Another Genius 10: The Prince vs. The General! show

---------- Post added May 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was May 28, 2012 at 05:32 PM ----------

Spoiler: Another Genius 11: The Might of Okinawa! Dark and Evil Players Do Battle show

Spoiler: Another Genius 12: The Worst Brotherly Spat! The Sought-After Ball show

Spoiler: Another Genius 13: The Might of the Genius 10! Mission Impossible show

---------- Post added June 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was June 10, 2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

Spoiler: Another Genius 14: The Shadow Like None Other! Limitations show
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; June 14, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This became Mission Impossible? Ugh...

Yagyuu and Kaidou, as well as Yagyuu and Niou, had similar shaped faces, so you could pull off Masquerade, but changing faces goes a bit far, in my opinion.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    This became Mission Impossible? Ugh...

Yagyuu and Kaidou, as well as Yagyuu and Niou, had similar shaped faces, so you could pull off Masquerade, but changing faces goes a bit far, in my opinion.
    Well, to be honest, that one comes from one of the Pair Puris, where it was confirmed (and the fourth wall was smashed to bits) that Nioh buys all his props to disguise himself as other characters. So I kinda went the Metal Gear Solid route and stood up a brick remaining from the fourth wall and had him ... you know.

Not so sure about the Missle Impossible reference though.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be honest, that one comes from one of the Pair Puris, where it was confirmed (and the fourth wall was smashed to bits) that Nioh buys all his props to disguise himself as other characters. So I kinda went the Metal Gear Solid route and stood up a brick remaining from the fourth wall and had him ... you know.

Not so sure about the Missle Impossible reference though.
    In both the original tv show, which I never watched, and then the later Tom Cruise movies, one big part of Mission Impossible was this face business. They created life-like masks that properly moved and everything, which also came with perfect voice changers (and everyone used them) for infiltration and mind screws. People would always fuck with someone's head by pretending to have been someone else and then pull off their mask in order to reveal that the person had just revealed secrets to them or some other cheesy plot.

Regardless of the PP, Niou only uses Masquerade once and then Yagyuu does it with Kaidou. Niou does fake an injury, but other than those two moments, it's Illusion that's used.

The Mission Impossible movies were pretty bad, but you're saying you haven't seen them?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Regardless of the PP, Niou only uses Masquerade once and then Yagyuu does it with Kaidou. Niou does fake an injury, but other than those two moments, it's Illusion that's used.

The Mission Impossible movies were pretty bad, but you're saying you haven't seen them?
    Thanks for explaining. I wanted to make this match as different as I could to the original story and give the readers something from left-field. What better way to give Nioh some light by showing him use what he was (originally) most infamous for, I figured. Btw, is that move really called Masquerade?

Nope, never seen 'em.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast