Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Exis in TUS(Talse Uzer Story) affecting TOG

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

What do you mean viole wont be an exis thats like saying naruto wont be hokage...... I mean look at how fast he is progressing it unbelievable!!! He has only been in the tower for about 5 years and he is as strong or stronger then some that have been fighting for 200 years LOL.

Also that would be pretty badass if they talked about the history of the tower and zahard (:

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    What do you mean viole wont be an exis thats like saying naruto wont be hokage...... I mean look at how fast he is progressing it unbelievable!!! He has only been in the tower for about 5 years and he is as strong or stronger then some that have been fighting for 200 years LOL.

Also that would be pretty badass if they talked about the history of the tower and zahard (:
    Strength isn't a requirement for becoming an Exis. It's not like a final level in a figter's development. I read about these Exes and not all of them appear to be concentrated on fighting. Like gods. You have a god of war, god of death, god of destruction, but also god of peace, god of art, god of prosperity etc. Baam doesn't have any more chance of becoming an Exis just because he's strong and progressing fast.

If he became an Exis, it would suck, because he couldn't be beaten by anyone but another Exis.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Strength isn't a requirement for becoming an Exis. It's not like a final level in a figter's development. I read about these Exes and not all of them appear to be concentrated on fighting. Like gods. You have a god of war, god of death, god of destruction, but also god of peace, god of art, god of prosperity etc. Baam doesn't have any more chance of becoming an Exis just because he's strong and progressing fast.

If he became an Exis, it would suck, because he couldn't be beaten by anyone but another Exis.
    You just basically implied on the second statement that in order for you to become an exis you have to be really strong. Also im pretty sure he can be the god of peace or the god of prosperity because he does want to protect people, provide justice, and has good fortune.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't imply anything of sorts. Exis are like separate beings that can only be hurt by other Exes. And that's it. There's plenty of material about them in Batoto forums, for example.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

You just basically implied on the second statement that in order for you to become an exis you have to be really strong. Also im pretty sure he can be the god of peace or the god of prosperity because he does want to protect people, provide justice, and has good fortune.
    It's the other way around pretty much. Becoming an Exis means that you are now really strong (well, compared to non-Exes), but you didn't necessarily have to be really strong in order to become an Exis since it's the power itself which has made you stronger.

I wouldn't mind if he became an Exis as long as it's near the end of the series. If the TUS universe revolves around Exes and TOG is within the same universe then it does imply somewhat that Exes will be featured in TOG.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Except it's not. Naruto's dream is to be Hokage (well, to have everyone acknowledge him by that), but Baam has no desire to become an Exis. In fact, he most likely doesn't even know they exist.

Which ones "fighting for 200 years" do you mean?

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Being an Exis means mostly just being able to impose certain haxxed rules; if used well, those rules can make you unbeatable. It's like being a demigod of sorts...

That is not equivalent to strength. Being "strong" is more complex than being able to beat anyone (read Vagabond for more); also, it's like saying that Zahard is stronger than any Regular because he can't be killed by any of them.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exis in TUS(Talse Uzer Story) affecting TOG

Never meant it in the way that viole wants to be an exis, but in the way that if he keeps this up and progresses at this rate or faster he will become one. I mean he basically wants to be an exis but doesnt know it yet in my opinion, I mean he really wants peace and to help people, so he could end up being a peace god without realizing it until the end.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well , i havent really read about Exis as much , but considering that Zahard is deemed unkillable , could he be an Exis?? I mean its possible that the contract for entering the tower prevents you from becoming an Exis .
    Also , i suspect the guardians dont really like Zahard , but lack the power to beat him
    Irregulars might just be people who are near the verge of becoming Exis or something hence being so strong , and maybe favored by the tower guards to kill Zahard and free them ??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Never meant it in the way that viole wants to be an exis, but in the way that if he keeps this up and progresses at this rate or faster he will become one. I mean he basically wants to be an exis but doesnt know it yet in my opinion, I mean he really wants peace and to help people, so he could end up being a peace god without realizing it until the end.
    You're misunderstanding what Exis are. It's not a "next stage in evolution" for those who surpass human limits, it's more like a rare... fork from the existence of normal humans. You can be extremely strong and still not be an Exis. You can be so strong that you're able to wipe out nations in an instant, and still not be an Exis. Even if you may be able to do things than some Exis, can't, you won't be able to beat them, because some special rule.

And if you're referring to DBZ-like power level escalation, then that's not the usual story progression, but just bad writing, and I hope SIU doesn't go that way.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Zahard is not an Exis. Phanta is specifically said to be the "only Exis in the Tower at the moment". Zahard just got his king-like invincibility for passing some floor test. It's one of the "rules of the Tower", so all regulars are subject to it. If he was an Exis, then no Irregular aside from Phanta could do anything to him, and FUG would be hard-trolled
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest i dont really thing TOG will concentrate on Exis too much so for that i really dont agree that Baam will become an exis.
    And exis is not a Kai o ken kind of move or super sain stage. Since no one on the tower is an exis apart from phantaminum who probably wont have much influence apart from his past fight I dont see much of a reason for Baam to be an exis. If Baam goes out of tower to go some where else where there might be exis or what ever then a possibility.

And zahard is specifically said out t be NOT an exis neither is enryu or Urek so you can imagine if such powerhouses are not exis talking about baam being one in just 2 more seasons to come (i think i read some where TOG will have 4 seasons in total, can be wrong though) is not happening.
    Last edited by shaheer; December 11, 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, one thing is not entirely clear to me. From what I've read, Exis can surround themselves with some kind of a force field in which they can only be hurt by other Exis. But are they constantly surrounded with that field or do they activate it as they like is not that clear to me. If it's the second, they could be killed if they don't use that field.
    Maybe I'll look into it again.

I had a theory, but I'm not sure if I posted it here. That Phantaminum went into Tower to become a normal person again. I imagine being an Exis has it's faults. Phantaminum seems to be some kind of a warrior. Imagine what kind of empty life Kenpachi would have if he couldn't even be wounded. Since the Tower can make all wishes come true, maybe that's Phantaminum's wish - to be vulnerable again, since he can't find any joy in fighting now. And other Exis who could hurt him are rare since he was said to be among the 5 strongest, or something similar.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, one thing is not entirely clear to me. From what I've read, Exis can surround themselves with some kind of a force field in which they can only be hurt by other Exis. But are they constantly surrounded with that field or do they activate it as they like is not that clear to me. If it's the second, they could be killed if they don't use that field.
    Maybe I'll look into it again.
    According to the wiki, it seems they have to create said space:
    Quote Quote:
    Every Exis has the power to generate a space around them, in which they can use a unique power that cannot be denied or negated. Under the specifications of this ability, Phantaminum can control some aspect of reality within his own field. Phantaminum's power, however, is unknown. Exis primarily have the ability to control the reality of a finite amount of space around them.
    Sadly, this info has no reference. But if we take it as true, I think the purpose of this space is just to allow the Exis to use his exis-powers within that space. The "body" of of an Exis still can't be effected by a non-Exis, even without the space. However, in order to use your exis-abilities, you have to create said space. For instance: Enryu could throw everything in his arsenal at a sleeping Phantaminum (without an active space) and nothing would happen. On the other hand, Phantaminum may be unable to kill Enryu without the space, but the instant he creates and surrounds Enryu with it, is the instant where Enryu dies. That's how I would put it. I doubt a non-Exis can kill an Exis just because the space doesn't exist.

I had a theory, but I'm not sure if I posted it here. That Phantaminum went into Tower to become a normal person again. I imagine being an Exis has it's faults. Phantaminum seems to be some kind of a warrior. Imagine what kind of empty life Kenpachi would have if he couldn't even be wounded. Since the Tower can make all wishes come true, maybe that's Phantaminum's wish - to be vulnerable again, since he can't find any joy in fighting now. And other Exis who could hurt him are rare since he was said to be among the 5 strongest, or something similar.
    Funny thing is that this theory of yours can't work, if your assumption above turns out to be true and vice versa. There is no need to enter the Tower to become vulnerable again, if your vulnerability is affected by that space which you can turn on and off. Furthermore, I don't think Phantaminum needs/wants to climb the Tower. The impression I got from Exes and Phantaminum himself makes me assume that he can do whatever he wants in this world, literally. But I also think he entered the Tower as a human and not an Exis.

Regarding the OP's question:
    Exes sure are mysterious beings and I would like to know more about them/Phantaminum. However, I don't want them to affect this series. An appearance of Phantaminum is welcome only if he tells some stories or gives information about the Tower. Plot-wise they are/would be boring and that's why I'm contra to Baam becoming one, just like Razh said.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Funny thing is that this theory of yours can't work, if your assumption above turns out to be true and vice versa. There is no need to enter the Tower to become vulnerable again, if your vulnerability is affected by that space which you can turn on and off. Furthermore, I don't think Phantaminum needs/wants to climb the Tower. The impression I got from Exes and Phantaminum himself makes me assume that he can do whatever he wants in this world, literally. But I also think he entered the Tower as a human and not an Exis.
    Wasn't assuming anything, just wondering. And I would have liked it more if they weren't undefeatable.

Of course, my theory of Phantaminum applies only if he can't be killed by anyone but an Exis. The second part of the post wasn't in conjuction with the first.

And yeah, the moment I found out Phantaminum was some kind of unkillable demigod, he became less interesting to me. Would hate to see Baam become one. It would esentially turn ToG into an Exis origin story.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2