Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will the Genei Ryodan hunt Alluka to heal Kuroro?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nevaeh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the Genei Ryodan hunt Alluka to heal Kuroro?

This is why I think the Genei Ryodan might hunt Alluka in the near future:

Spoiler show

Hisoka witnessed Alluka's amazing healing abilities firsthand, is it possible that he'd inform the Genei Ryodan so that they can heal Kuroro completely? As you may recall, Abengane's nen removal ability isn't perfect, a nen beast/demon is conjured and cannot be removed unless a specific condition is met. Genthru's removal condition was clear, Kurapika's isn't. This nen beast/demon could potentially harm Kuroro..... What do you think?
    Last edited by Nevaeh; May 08, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Discussion] Will the Genei Ryodan hunt Alluka to heal Kuroro?

I didn't think of that. I have a feeling that there will be an arc in the future where you will have multiple groups going after Alluka. It will probably also be something the ties Kurapika, Killua, and Gon back together.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't want any more arcs about Nanika. I'm more interested on Outside World rather than Nanika again. I think it plays a nice role in the future, but I don't want it to be the main thing YET ANOTHER ARC.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this theory of yours Nevaeh, but one thing you notice is that the spider and butterfly metaphor is used in many different occasions (sometimes not even referring to the Phantom Troupe, see Gon and Hisoka on Zevil Island). I do however believe that when Togashi finally gets around to the Meteor City arc, we will have Alluka being a major factor, with multiple sides after her ability.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I actually don't want any more arcs about Nanika. I'm more interested on Outside World rather than Nanika again. I think it plays a nice role in the future, but I don't want it to be the main thing YET ANOTHER ARC.
    Well there is going to be one. You can't just leave the whole Killua and Alluka being chased in the dark for the rest of the series. It's going to need to be resolved in some fashion.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I want to see Abengane join the Phantom Troupe. Hisoka reappeared and there hasn't been any mention of what happened when he brought Abengane to see Chrollo, which could indicate that Abengane's exorcism failed. But Kurapika's refusal to answer Leorio's call in 339 could have been because the curse has been removed upon Chrollo; Kurapika would've immediately known once it occurred.

But fantastic catch on the butterfly in a spiderweb motif; the new anime included this in episode 16. Maybe someone should search for instances of butterflies in the series; I can think of a few occurrences in which their placement seemed metaphorical (i.e. the last panel of ch 298).
    Last edited by Popo; May 08, 2012 at 09:09 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it unlikely that we will have another arc with Alluka as the focus.

I would consider it the greatest gift if Alluka never made another appearance in the manga. Kill it off panel, make it disappear somehow. I find Alluka to be completely destructive to any arc or any involvement on the part of Killua.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I like this theory of yours Nevaeh, but one thing you notice is that the spider and butterfly metaphor is used in many different occasions (sometimes not even referring to the Phantom Troupe, see Gon and Hisoka on Zevil Island). I do however believe that when Togashi finally gets around to the Meteor City arc, we will have Alluka being a major factor, with multiple sides after her ability.
    Yes... it's probably just a metaphor. But then again, why did Hisoka leave so quickly after witnessing Alluka's abilities? He was so excited from the prospect of killing Alluka earlier...... the only thing that's more exciting than killing both Alluka and Killua to piss off Ilumi, is to fight with Kuroro. Unless Hisoka suddenly sympathized with poor little Alluka. LOL yeah right.

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    To be honest, I want to see Abengane join the Phantom Troupe.
    Quite likely, since Neon Nostrade's prediction of Kuroro stated explicitly that he will find new companions, which happened to be at Greed Island to the east.
    Spoiler show

Hisoka reappeared and there hasn't been any mention of what happened when he brought Abengane to see Chrollo, which could indicate that Abengane's exorcism failed.
    Good point, I have compiled all scenes that might explain about Kuroro in the past for those who might need a refresher.

Part 1:

Spoiler show

Part 2:

Spoiler show

But Kurapika's refusal to answer Leorio's call in 339 could have been because the curse has been removed upon Chrollo; Kurapika would've immediately known once it occurred.
    As for Kurapika, he is not picking up the phone call because he doesn't want Gon, Leorio, & Killua to be involved with his quest for revenge. Back in chapter 81, Killua's instinct about Kurapika's nature is spot on.

Spoiler show

Kurapika has decided that he will never lose his comrades ever again, even if he risks dying in his mission to avenge his clan. Also, Gon & Killua was shown to be a liability since they didn't want Kurapika to kill Kuroro, otherwise they could've escaped from the injured Pakunoda easily.

This is how I imagined Kurapika's arc occurring during the chimera ant crisis, with some old scenes as well:

Spoiler show

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great post dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I don't want Neon to die :P but interesting theories. I would love to see new members of the Phantom Troupe, Abegane might be kinda cool to see in the group.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I would consider it the greatest gift if Alluka never made another appearance in the manga. Kill it off panel, make it disappear somehow. I find Alluka to be completely destructive to any arc or any involvement on the part of Killua.
    LOL

I'd have to agree with you fully. Alluka's existence makes all the ordeals in the manga utterly insignificant. I sincerely hope that there is more to Alluka's wishing ability than what has already been revealed (hopefully an actual limit to what can be granted).
    Last edited by steadynco; May 09, 2012 at 04:40 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    For some reason I don't want Neon to die :P but interesting theories. I would love to see new members of the Phantom Troupe, Abegane might be kinda cool to see in the group.
    The moment I saw Neon playing around with those Kurata eyeballs in front of Kurapika... she was already dead in my eyes. Furthermore, Kuroro's stolen Lovely Ghost Writer needs to be removed somehow. It doesn't make sense for Kuroro to predict the future of the Ryodan again and again in times of trouble.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is the opposite Kaluto wants to free kuroro so he can ask him to steal alluka's ability so she can be free

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nevah ^
    Has Kurapika put together that Chrollo has stolen Neon's Hatsu? I suppose Hisoka probably told him Chrollo's Skill Hunter ability, I was never sure about that. I didn't think Kurapika would want to kill Neon, she's just a typical spoiled girl with a strange hobby, that'd be trivial to kill her just because she has a copy of the Kurta eyes. I mean if he was in a rage, I could see it, I just hope the story doesn't quite go in that direction with it. Her ability isn't perfect anyway, I'd be okay with Chrollo keeping it I guess. It's not like he can use it right now anyway because of the Judgement Chain. Personally I think it'd give the Spiders a good edge over other groups of characters if they did keep Neon's ability (I think it'd fill the void of psychic ability that Pakunoda left in the group and I don't find it as hax as say Alluka's ability in the hands of Killua)

Though I for one also wouldn't really care for Alluka being the one to release Chrollo's Nen as I'd want the Spiders to be reintroduced into the story in another way.
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; May 09, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Nevah ^
    Has Kurapika put together that Chrollo has stolen Neon's Hatsu?
    Very likely. Kurapika is very sharp and intelligent. He just needs to ask Neon Nostrade about the recent people she encountered while she was alone, there's also a video footage surveillance of Kuroro walking with Neon. Furthermore, he is the leader of the greatest gang of thieves, nen-stealing would totally suit his personality.

How Chrollo stole Neon's ability:
    Spoiler show

Furthermore, if you click on "Part 1" above, you'll see that the Neon discovered that she couldn't use her ability. Kurapika told her father Light Nostrade, "don't worry about it, I'll take care of it. Everything will be fine." This means that Kurapika knows who stole Neon's ability, and may try to recover that ability.

But since Kurapika re-emerged in a dark suit and avoided answering the phone calls of his only friends, with the Kurata eyeballs in full view, this means that Kurapika has fallen completely into the dark path of revenge. Kurapika will do anything, even if it goes against his character, such as murdering Neon.

Remember what Kurapika said to Leorio? "What is my dignity.. in comparison with the pain of my companions?" Remember what the old lady said? "You have to imagine everything, even the worst.. Because reality doesn't have a place for feelings. Be prepared to walk some day on different paths." These are all foreshadows about Kurapika's downfall for the sake of revenge.

Kurapika sees everything in red, loses his mind and becomes unrecognizable.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Nevaeh; May 09, 2012 at 08:09 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast