Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 34 Discussion

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 34 Discussion

Discuss chapter 34 and make predictions about chapter 35 of Shingeki no Kyojin here.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 34 Discussion/Chapter 35 Prediction Thread

The magazine is out today (raws are already floating around) for those who are impatient, too bad I can't read japanese

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

dat raw this shit is turning into eternally consecutive cliffhangers

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 34 Discussion/Chapter 35 Prediction Thread

http://tdx-manga.livejournal.com/
    TDX released the chapter!

Spoiler show
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter. This chapter revealed a lot but also gave us a LOT more questions. Why are there titans in the wall and why do only the higher ups/religious folk know about it? That just makes my personal theory that the King is hiding a lot even more credible. They're hiding something big, and I really want to know about it. Also, I guess the part that the pastor said don't let the daylight hit the titans confirms that Titans can do some sort of photosynthesis or something, which I'm wondering why don't the Scouting Legion take advantage of that and travel by night. Anyways, we're learning more about titans each chapter.

So another breach, I wonder if the armored titan or the colossal titan have anything to do with it. I'm also wondering how the commanders didn't hear about the wall being breached for 2 days, anyways we're about to see another good fight. Every time there are breaches we see a bunch of characters die, I'm just hoping none of the ones I like die. ;_; Whatever happens though, it should be really good. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Also, don't know why you guys are using spoilers, it's a discussion for this chapter so I think we're good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL is one of the titans on the last page wearing sunglasses?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah this indeed confirm Hanji's theory about how the titans get energy, they are like plants on this aspect.

About traveling during night i see two problems:
    First the time for them(titans) to get inactive after dark falls varies. One of the Hanji's test subjects became dormant quickly but the other titan last for several hours in a active state.
    The second problem is the fact the people living inside the walls are dependent of fire based ilumination, like torchs and oil lamps. The small field of view would severely reduce the Legion's travel speed at night.
    So they could find some still active titans and being forced to fight with very few light or worse, they may not reach their destiny during the night and end up in the middle of enemy's territory when all titans begin to "wake up".
    Shingeki no Kyojin

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

On page 28, Armin asked a very interesting question that has been bothering me for a while now. If the threat of the titans is an ongoing one when would they have time to have built the walls in the first place? I am sure that building just one of those walls should have taken years or at least months with only human capacity. However the incident with the titans in the wall presented a possible theory that perhaps these titans were initially used to help to physically build the walls. However I'm thinking that at some point of limited sunshine humans were given enough time to encase them in the walls.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing we should be wondering is why the fixation with the main city,
    what kind of dark secrets could the city itself underground have.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter. Lots more questions, and the intrigue within the city continues. There are so many more questions that now need to be answered. I've always wondered about the walls themselves, since they hardly seem like the type of construction that could finish quickly especially while under siege. This just adds to the questions about the role of the governing forces within the city.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DassJennir View Post
    Yeah this indeed confirm Hanji's theory about how the titans get energy, they are like plants on this aspect.

About traveling during night i see two problems:
    First the time for them(titans) to get inactive after dark falls varies. One of the Hanji's test subjects became dormant quickly but the other titan last for several hours in a active state.
    The second problem is the fact the people living inside the walls are dependent of fire based ilumination, like torchs and oil lamps. The small field of view would severely reduce the Legion's travel speed at night.
    So they could find some still active titans and being forced to fight with very few light or worse, they may not reach their destiny during the night and end up in the middle of enemy's territory when all titans begin to "wake up".
    Unless they use Sasha. I'm liking that girl even more. anyways, I think that if they ever want to mount a night attack, Sasha could very well be the key considering she has something along the lines of super senses. If she was anywhere near as good as Eren, she would've easily been the third strongest or even better than Mikasa.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... nice chapter! The titans are quite possibly in a hibernation state and use something akin to high-speed photosynthesis for energy. Since the walls were supposedly built 100 years ago, I wonder who built them? The titans? The Great Wall of China took I believe more than 100+ years to complete.

Hopefully, humanity can get another titan ally besides Eren on their side. The mystery behind the titans get darker each chapter.
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

could have spent more time ordering my thoughts/phrasing thigns nicely but a bit in a rush atm, anyways, wanna share my thoughts on the greater scope of things after this chapter:

I'm thinking the predecessors of the current government and church at first worked together with the faction of human/titans aka Annie's bunch but betrayed them at some point and covered it all up? if those folks looking fishy at the meeting, namely the priest shitting his pants and the superior questioning irvine's judgement were titan faction themselves it would be unlikely they would have allowed to use Eren in the first place, so while they seem in the know my feel is they are only folks guarding/keeping on burrying the secrets of the past rather than still being actively involved.

My current theory is that whatever betrayal/sin they commited in the past, it completely cost them the support of the 'good'(?) human-titans. Obviously at some point, human gov and humantitans worked together to protect the city area from the wild titans outside. I wonder how this could ever have been covered up as it's of such magnitude? If the wall is really 100% titan made it could actually have been errected pretty fast. Maybe that is where the founding of the church comes in: to sell the "seeming miracle". Maybe the original wall appeared "over night" to cover it from the majority of the human's views? Maybe they tried selling that as a divine miracle instead of revealing they worked together with experimental human/titan hybrids to save humanity from titans?

I like the notion that in order to make the walls, hundreds of those guys sacrificed themselves, shifting into collossal shape and then encasing themselves somehow to form up the wall. Once the majority of these had done so, possibly the human gov and church doublecrossed them, trying to exterminate the rest of them thinking now that there is the wall they are no longer needed. Some escaped however, forming the group annie and her dad are with who have presumably knowledge of the past, are not 'evil' per se but at the same time work against the current establishment.

Eren's dad might have been with those, but possibly felt pity and wanted to help the humans regardless of the leadership's callousness? Maybe the attack five years ago was lead by those humantitans who did not want him to lend his support to the humans? Maybe he left Eren behind ready to become Titan in case something happened to him?

totally flying blind here but oh well XD

edit: flaw in reaosning here: they couldn't possible have changed and shifted in the dark could they? HMMM. how about, how about the underground city then?. Maybe at some point in the past when things were really really grim the humans fled underground? cause it presumably is a lot safer there? in the meantime, experiments were conducted to make humans use titan powers in a controlled way. Once that was done, during daylight above the humans under the earth, the walls were erected. Once that was done, all remaining surviving human titans were doubelcrossed, exterminated, all humans invovled were sworn to secrecy/killed, humanity cralled back outa their dark hole, leading to the current society we have and so on and so forth? might work like so?
    Last edited by haegar; June 12, 2012 at 04:07 AM.

18. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast