Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Soil by Kaneko Atsushi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Soil by Kaneko Atsushi

Summary(from Bakaupdate)
    Quote Quote:
    Something strange is going on in "Soil New Town." The sudden disappearance of a seemingly normal family leads the two detectives Yokoi and Onoda to the idyllic town in the middle of nowhere. What looks like a routine case at first quickly turns into a complex and deadly riddle where nothing is what it seems to be. Will the two disparate investigators manage to solve the mystery before it's too late?
    Genre: Drama Horror Mature Mystery Psychological Seinen Supernatural

The whole setup is different from the regular cliche mystery mangas(due to the paranormal occurrence), the series has seinen written all over it. the artwork could have been more 'beautiful' but cest 'la vie.
    Two detectives try to find the realistic explanation and try to solve the case of events that looks paranormal from every aspect as the story unfolds
    Thus there s a different feel to it

The mystery element in it is a real deal(at least i feel it that way).
    Last edited by shaheer; May 12, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soil by Kaneko Atsushi

Oh someone started a thread for this serie. It is really a great one. The author knows how to end a volume which makes you say 'what the fuck is happening in this crazy city'
    And personally I really enjoy the art. It really reminds me more of western comics. With the square layout and the thick traits.
    Ankama publishes it in French and I'm really looking forward the 3 last volumes, I hope the end does not disappoint me.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply