Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasuke and Itachi run the Gauntlet!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke and Itachi run the Gauntlet!

Both characters have had their respective gauntlet matches already, though they were back before we knew the full (or near full) extent of their powers. Now that we've seen more, aswell as a new dynamic (teamwork), I'm ready to see how far it takes them.

Both are current versions (sans Itachi's immortality). As there's no such thing as a non-illness stricken Itachi to guage his feats he'll have the same speed and stamina he's shown thus far in the manga. Both are going for the kill, though neither are bloodlusted. The fights also take place where Bee and Naruto fought Nagato and Itachi. Meaning we have trees, a beach, and sand. Plenty of terrain for different fighting styles.

Round 1: Pein. This is the 6 realms and crippled Nagato, though Nagato is hidden in the woods. They can either win by destroying all the realms, or killing Nagato. They don't know the powers of his realms either.

Round 2: The Sannin. Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade are fighting as allies with no bad blood amongst themselves. Orochimaru is as knowledgable as Sasuke and Itachi as he is in the manga.

Round 3: 5 current Kage. Gaara, Ee, Mei, Oonoki, and Tsunade. This is a rematch so Sasuke is still aware of what was used against him last time, and the Kage are aware of the techniques Sasuke used last time aswell.

Round 4: Kabuto. No holding back for either. Kabuto has all the techniques he's shown thus far, aswell as his knowledge of Sasuke's weaknesses, but all currently sealed Edo Tensei are all... well, sealed. Meaning yes, he can summon Madara, provided he gets the chance. Though admittedly, I should leave this as two scenarios. One with ET and one without.

Round 5: Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, and Yamato. Kakashi knows as much about Sasuke as he would, with their experience together. Also remembers their last fight so he knows of Susanoo. Took the time to explain beforehand to his team.

Round 6: Bee and Naruto. Chakra Mode and Sage Mode viable, but not Bijuu Mode for Naruto (yet). This is a rematch for Sasuke and Bee, so they're both familiar with eachother's attacks that they revealed during their fight.

Round 7: Kisame, Yagura, and Niidaime Mizukage.

Round 8: Deidara, Roshi, and Muu.

Running out of ideas at the moment, so I'll add more when I can.

EDIT: Got more matches!

Round 9: Hashirama Senju (non edo)

Round 10: Konan, Hidan, and Kakuzu.

Round 11: Sasori and Hanzou

Round 12: Minato and Jiraiya
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 10, 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sasuke and Itachi run the Gauntlet!

Round 1: Pein wins.
    6 Paths can easily counter The MS powers of the uchiha brothers. Infact, CT and ST can do the trick for the brothers to be defeated.

Round 2: If jiraiya can summon ma and pa, and they can activate their ultimate genjutsu then the sannin wins, but if itachi can stab jiraiya with his totsuka before the 2 elders frog can activate their genjutsu then itachi wins.

Round 3: The 5 Kage wins.

Round 4: Itachi and sasuke wins.

Round 5: Itachi wins.

Round 6: Bee and naruto win this with ease.

Round 7 : Kisame, yagura and nidaime mizukage wins.

Round 8: Deidara, roshi and muu wins.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd give Round 4 & 5 to the Uchihas, but the other rounds should probably got to their opponents.

Kabuto has not yet, in my opinion, shown the ability to take on both brothers if their aim is to kill rather than capture. The Konoha Jounin team is just outclassed. These two rounds go to the brothers.

Pein is Pein, ST or CT are nearly impossible to combat. The Sannin together should be able to outmatch the brothers, the fact that they outnumber the brothers is likely the most important factor in the Sannin's win. The Kages shouldn't have any difficulty taking the brothers on whatsoever. Bee & Naruto take the win, we've already seen what they're capable of. With Kisame turning the landscape into a water park, these three Suiton users would likely stomp the Uchihas. Deidara, Roshi & Muu are just pure destructive power that would likely overwhelm the brothers, I think like the match-up against their one-man advantage is integral to their win over the Uchihas.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility
    is Pein, ST or CT are nearly impossible to combat.
    Nearly. I've seen Kakashi tank multiple close range ST, and I've seen Naruto tank a particularly powerful one via holding himself up with a ton of clones. I sincerely doubt his body has the resilience of a Susanoo, fully formed or not. I think it would require an ST stronger than the one used on Naruto at that point to crack it, but I don't think it takes the city buster. As for Chibaku Tensei that would be the gamebreaker, if Nagato felt the need to sacrifice his other bodies to win. He could un-summon them to spare them Sasuke and Itachi's fate, but Itachi knows the key to stopping the jutsu, and it's possible they could take it out early in it's manifestation, meaning they wouldn't need a Bijuudama or FRS to aid in the destruction.

Quote Quote:
    The Sannin together should be able to outmatch the brothers, the fact that they outnumber the brothers is likely the most important factor in the Sannin's win.
    Can't agree with this considering the ease at which Itachi manhandled Orochimaru. It's essentially a handicap match for all of a bout the first minute or two, after which the battle goes to two-on-two.

Quote Quote:
    The Kages shouldn't have any difficulty taking the brothers on whatsoever.
    Seriously? Care to explain? Consider the amount of effort it's taking to damage a version of Susanoo that doesn't have it's full armor up. Now look at them trying to fight two of these behemoths at once, one of whom can blanket the battlefield in Enton. Raikage and Tsunade both become useless immediately, and Oonoki has the same problem Pein has when it comes to useing Dust Release: it can nuke the field and annihilate his partners.

Quote Quote:
    Bee & Naruto take the win, we've already seen what they're capable of.
    That's exactly why they lose. This is the one that was the biggest WTF for me. I don't see how anyone could think Bee could pose a threat against current Sasuke when we saw he can be one-shotted with an Amaterasu. Sasuke's a walking Amaterasu flamethrower now. I'm just gonna assume you guys thought Naruto had access to Bijuu Mode in this fight (which he doesn't btw).

Quote Quote:
    With Kisame turning the landscape into a water park, these three Suiton users would likely stomp the Uchihas.
    Eh... I don't think he can absorb Enton. When Bee cut through a Goukakyuu (c-rank katon) Samehada squealed in agony. Didn't even absorb it. Amaterasu isn't only considered a katon; but according to the databook it's the strongest katon. It's also immune to water. So, there's that. Then there's Niidaime's lack of feats outside of shooting water bullets, secreating oily water, and Jokey Boy. Yagura's tricky though. Though I can't imagine he can take more damage in Bijuu Mode than Bee can. He's also terribly susceptible to Genjutsu. Outrageously so. So there's that too.

Quote Quote:
    Deidara, Roshi & Muu are just pure destructive power that would likely overwhelm the brothers, I think like the match-up against their one-man advantage is integral to their win over the Uchihas.
    I dunno. Maybe. Muu should be traceable by his chakra so aslong as they have line of sight they can find him. And Roshi's lava likely can't get through Susanoo (Mei's couldn't). The biggest problem is that both Muu and Deidara are capable of flight where as Sasuke likely has to give his brother a ride.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 1:
    Good fight but the Uchiha should win. They have the speed and ability to tank ST. CT is the only problem and if its debateble if Sasuke + Itachi could take down the moon themselfs but i see no reason why Itachi/Sasuke would just look at Deva and allow him to use CT... Just add an Amaterasu after the look part and that would stop Deva from chaneling CT. He could repeal it but that would mean he stops CT. Again close fight but i am going with the Uchiha.

Round 2:
    Hhahahahahaah. 3 Amaterasu = win. At best Oro could get away from Amaterasu by INSANE luck, but then just MS genjutsu his ass.

Round 3:
    Tsunade=Amaterasu/MS genjutsu = dead.
    Gaara=Amaterasu/MS genjutsu = dead.
    Mei= same as above
    Oonoki = same as above.
    Ee=Longer fight but he will be alone and the Uchiha are going to get him eventualy as all he can do is run around like a nut.

Round 4:
    Kabuto alone dies in Amaterasu flames. Kabuto WITH Madara wins having Madara soloing the brothers. Kabuto would still probably die but Madara would have 0 problems soloing the 2.

Round 5: This is not even a fight. Its a bloodbath. Uchiha murderstomp.

Round 6:
    Bee would go down to Itachi's MS genjutsu but then Naruto would solo with some 12 Kage level RM clones + some 100 SM clones... Yes i do belive Naruto can solo this 2 as long as no plot no jutsu is used and he is free to use all his power. I don't belive Itachi can even react to RM lvl 2 (the one that blasted away the bijubombs with pure speed), obviously aside from summoning Susano.

Round 7:
    Uchiha. Kisame goes down to MS genjutsu or Amaterasu (it would burn his head off before it can be absorbed.
    Yagura: Probably going to end with Amaterasu but its going to be longer.
    Niidaime Mizukage: Now this dude is going to be a good counter BUT Sasuke is going to Kirin the area and use his Susano flametrower mode to set the entire place on fire. Even this dudes Water Mode would evaporate to Amaterasu.
    This last 1 is probably the hardest fight as they have the ilusion.

Round 8: Deidara, Roshi, and Muu.
    2 of them go down to Amaterasu/MS genjutsu easy. Then its team up on Roshi.
    Last edited by xXan; May 14, 2012 at 02:57 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About Round 6: That's not a RM Mode level 2. It's Bijuu Mode. We just couldn't see Kurama's shape connected to him. You see he has the thicker whiskers and everything before he uses that shunshin. Naruto is restricted to Chakra Mode for the third time. No Bijuu Mode.

Though I can understand the confusion. The name of the chapter is Bijuu Mode, and we don't see Kurama until after Naruto shunshins away. The wiki even calls it "enhanced nine-tails chakra mode", but since he's limited to Chakra Mode in this fight, he's stuck with the original, stupid looking version of his shroud. I mean hell, if I limited Goku to Super Saiyan in a fight, you can't just give him Super Saiyain 2 inorder to give him the win.

That said I will allow Kurama to help Naruto out of Genjutsu, but no Bijuudama deflecting speed. Just his faster than Raikage speed. Which isn't much of a handicap considering it still leaves him as the fastest ninja in the manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@ninjabot

For me that is RM lvl 2:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/571/4

He is tiny. Compare him to the other biju's there. After that in bottom left panels he grows into full size Kurama. He was moving that fast in close to human form, just his new look with the cloak and what not(tails included).

This is full biju mode:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/571/5
    When he is actualy as big as the others. Now only that when big like that he does not have that speed he showed before. When he grows even Gai and Kakashi end up inside of him.
    Gues its a point of view but i only consider his big version BIJU MODE. His RM lvl 2 is like Bee's lvl 2 cloack to me.

Anyway i belive Naruto can take down Itachi and Sasuke with his normal 13 RM clones + 60 or so SM clones. They can spam Amaterasu about to get clones but they are going to miss a lot of them (RM ones for sure) and they are going to drop from exhaustion whey before Naruto even showes a sweat.
    Last edited by xXan; May 14, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately niether the manga nor the wiki claim what you're claiming. He has Chakra Mode, which is the original orange glow. Then he has "Enhanced Nine-Tails Chakra Mode", which is the cloak where he deflects Bijuudama. Then he has Bijuu Mode, which is full giant Kurama formation.

In this fight he is allowed Chakra Mode. It's stated explicitly. Meaning any conversation here on out should be assuming he has access to just that: Chakra Mode. Now then:

Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    Anyway i belive Naruto can take down Itachi and Sasuke with his normal 13 RM clones + 60 or so SM clones. They can spam Amaterasu about to get clones but they are going to miss a lot of them (RM ones for sure) and they are going to drop from exhaustion whey before Naruto even showes a sweat.
    Naruto faces the same problem Raikage does when fighting anyone using Susanoo, and that's figuring out how the hell to hurt them regardless of his speed. I don't care how durable people claim Chakra Mode has made Naruto, it hasn't made him tough enough to survive a 360 degree Chidori Eisou swiping through them all as they close in, nor an Amaterasu wall or Susanoo arrow. As for missing alot of them, that depends on how many he makes. The more clones he makes, the bigger target he becomes because no matter how fast they are, if they're all attempting to dodge an instantaneous attack, instinct will force them to go in individual directions rather than stopping to come up with a plan. It'd be like dropping a grenade in a crowded street. The more people there are, the harder to flee.

Half of them end up tripping over the other, killing them outright. Some of them would attempt to prepare a counter attack, getting caught up in the sea of flame. No matter what they choose, some of them are getting burned away in an instant, and once the giant bonfire of burned away clones provides enough heat, Kirin is viable. The funniest part is this is all Sasuke doing all of this. I haven't even brought up Itachi's exploding bunshin, his crow clones, or the Kagami Shield.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate Susanoo
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So do I, but it's one of Sasuke's most exploitable abilities, and I'd be an idiot not to acknowledge the potential it gives he and Itachi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 1. Uchiha brothers win with slight difficulty mostly due to Itachi's brain power

Round 2. Sasuke can be unpredictable at times and he doesn't always listen to Itachi so the 3 legendary Sannin could find a way to exploit that, however I don't see how they could win. Frog boy has shown he can seal or at least put out Amaterasu, but I've seen nothing from him to suggest he can get past fully armored Susanoo. In all honesty I see Sasuke exhausting his chakra before the fight is over because of his past reckless usage of MS in battles, so that could handicap them. I believe Tsunade can't get past fully armored Susanoo, and I'm not sure how she can deal with Amaterasu even with her immortal regenerative powers. Snake man will be one-shotted by genjutsu for the millionth time unless he finds some way to counter it. Uchiha brothers win.

Round 3. I'm giving this to 5 kage with much difficulty Gaara is the trump card IMO he can use his sand to rip the Uchiha brothers out from inside their Susanoo's leaving them vulnerable(like he did against Madara), and can use his sand to protect himself and the others from Amaterasu.

Round 4. Well, I really don't see how they can kill Kabuto with all of his regenerative powers even if they used Amaterasu, and he's quick enough to dodge Susanoo arrows, so I don't see him getting hit by Amaterasu for that matter either. Kabuto wins with ET(Madara) but without ET the fight is a draw...at least until I give this more thought

Round 5. Not even a fair fight. Uchiha brothers win

Round 6. Bee and Naruto win. Yeah Bee can be one shotted by Amaterasu, but they cant survive being hit by a bijuu dama IMO and Naruto is going to be running around really fast all over the place attacking nonstop causing havoc it'll be too much for the Uchiha bro's lol

Round 7. Uchiha brothers win

Round 8. They all die once Deidara detonates himself so it's a draw.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 14, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Scenario 1: Pein imho without prior knowledge is almost unbeatable.
    Add to the scenario a Nagato that can be revitalized by Susano'o arrows spam, and this is further beyond the Uchiha bros control. Pein wins, albeit with great difficulty

Scenario 2: The Sannins are proved not to be the fodders many seems to believe time and time again, yet all three of them require short range to inflict massive damage, and against an Amaterasu sword and the Sword of Totsuka, well, short range is suicide.
    So Uchiha bros all the way

Scenario 3: Most difficult, while I believe Madara to be way superior to either Sasuke and Itachi, this doesn't change the fact that, countrary to Madara, both Sasuke and Itachi can end Tsunade with a single sword slash by igniting her with Amaterasu or sealing her.
    The Kages best change would be to draw the fight as long as possible to make the Uchihas waste chakra and energy life ( even though it seems that Susano'o is becoming another cheap ability ) by stalling.
    Both Sasuke and Itachi need Susano'o to survive a blitz from A or a Dust release from Oonoki, and Mei showed to be able to deal with a Susano'o user just fine. With Oonoki and Gaara acting as support, I believe even Sasuke's Susano'o arrows wouldn't be an instant kill for the kages.
    50/50

Scenario 4: Without Madara, Kabuto showed time and time again to be superior individually to the Uchihas, even though Kishi is making Sasuke look like a retard so that he can further make Itachi a martyr by sacrificing himself to save his brother time and time again.
    Which is a thing I hate.
    Still Oral rebirth is perfect to deal with Amaterasu and Amaterasu arrows, the vibration/light thing would leave the bros open and, by adding insult to injury, Kabuto could combine it with Tayuya's genjutsu, thus blinding and immobilizing the bros, ending them. Then again, if Itachi can seal him with Totsuka, it is over.
    If Kabuto summons Madara, it will end with Kabuto chilling in the background and Madara lecturing the bros on how ugly they are being weak Uchihas, not being able to dance, how Hashirama was superior etcetera.

Scenario 5: Bros feast on the corpses.
    The only threat is Gai, and Itachi can seal him just fine. After that they can decide on how deal with the situation, by ending them with genjutsus, amaterasu, susano'o or even plain hand-to-hand, seeing as Kakashi, the strongest, is far inferior to Itachi in that regard, as everyone else, and Sasuke being not that far behind his brother.
    They are on a whole different level

Scenario 6: Can a Bijuudama destroy Susano'o?
    That is a question to take into consideration whenever a fight like this is up. If yes, then the Jinchuuriki team wins. If no, then the matter is a lot more complicated. Amaterasu is a powerful weapon against Bee, but again, Naruto can make 1 clone, empower him with Sage Mode and let him buy time while Bee snipes the Uchihas from the distance.
    Ended one of the two, the other is slaughtered by the duo. Considering Naruto's sensing abilities, he will not look into Itachi's eyes and be instant-pwned by Tsukuyomi either.
    Yet Uchihas have a way to win, focus entirely on Naruto, with Itachi trying to trap him with Tsukuyomi while Sasuke attacks him, while a Crow Bushin could buy time against Bee. If they can subdue Naruto quickly, even at the cost of one of the bros dying, then the other can win against Bee.
    It is a close call though.
    So 80/20 for the Jinchuurikis

Scenario 7: It has Niidaime Mizukage, so I am biased.
    He wins

Scenario 8: Roshi going Bijuu mode on their ass while Muu uses Dust Release and Deidara uses C3, or if worse come to worse Deidara self-destruct with C0 killing Itachi and Sasuke, ending in a draw.
    This team has too much raw power even for the bros, me believes.
    Itachi's shield could withstand a Dust release, but it would leave him open to an attack of Deidara and Roshi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper
    Round 6. Bee and Naruto win. Yeah Bee can be one shotted by Amaterasu, but they cant survive being hit by a bijuu dama IMO and Naruto is going to be running around really fast all over the place attacking nonstop causing havoc it'll be too much for the Uchiha bro's lol
    Who's gonna hit them with a Bijuudama though? Naruto can't use it outside of Bijuu Mode, and Bee gets immolated the instant he tries to go into Bijuu Mode.

As for Naruto's speed, NO ninja in the manga can use their shunshin speed for more than a quick blitz. None of them, not even Raikage, run around completely invisible to the naked eye. They can run in a blur, sure. But their speed that makes it look like they're teleporting comes in bursts. Inotherwords targeting him won't be a problem with the Sharingan, and reacting to attacks that are blocked with Susanoo is as easy as it sounds. Even if Susanoo makes them slower, the fact that they don't have to move to defend makes up for it.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    Round 4. Well, I really don't see how they can kill Kabuto with all of his regenerative powers even if they used Amaterasu, and he's quick enough to dodge Susanoo arrows, so I don't see him getting hit by Amaterasu for that matter either.
    I'm curious, you think dodging Susanoo arrows is equal to/the same feat as dodging Amaterasu?
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Amaterasu is much tougher to avoid considering it appears out of thin air, where as a Susanoo arrow requires prep time (form an arrow, pull it back, then fire).

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast