Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Theories about this last arc

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Theories about this last arc

After reading this last arc over, I noticed some things, maybe some of them already popped in your mind!

1) It's about Ickshonpay, we are now sure that he's one of GI's makers. But when I read this page http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/331/12 I started to wonder if it was actually the only game of its kind in existence. The glorious white spear and the holy gold flag aren't items from GI, maybe there's another game out there. But then it could be just Ging who won in a card game and Ickshonpay is asking for revenge!

Another thing about this character, does anybody have an idea about the "Pe" initials on his mask? Is it supposed to mean "physical education", emphasizing his nerdy side?

2) Could it be possible that some of Beyond's companions are originated from cocoons that Pariston provided? I mean we didn't hear anything about those cocoons since that Day X bubble bursted, this could be part of an explanation.

So what do you thing of this? Did you notice anything else during these last chapters?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Theories about this last arc

Two theories merged in one thread, lol. You could have divided since they're very different topics.

I think there is more games made of Nen. Sure, GI is the biggest scale one so far (At least as far as we know, it was pretty secretive and exclusively for Hunters) And since fulfilling tasks reinforces Nen to make wonderful items, I've no doubt there is many of these games out there.

And isn't PE written in HxH language?

For the second...I hope not. They wont be interesting and even If I did not disliked the chimeras, seeing them everywhere annoys me. Also more when we think that we will see them again whe Gyro appears.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nevaeh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    After reading this last arc over, I noticed some things, maybe some of them already popped in your mind!

1) It's about Ickshonpay, we are now sure that he's one of GI's makers. But when I read this page http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/331/12 I started to wonder if it was actually the only game of its kind in existence. The glorious white spear and the holy gold flag aren't items from GI, maybe there's another game out there. But then it could be just Ging who won in a card game and Ickshonpay is asking for revenge!

Another thing about this character, does anybody have an idea about the "Pe" initials on his mask? Is it supposed to mean "physical education", emphasizing his nerdy side?

2) Could it be possible that some of Beyond's companions are originated from cocoons that Pariston provided? I mean we didn't hear anything about those cocoons since that Day X bubble bursted, this could be part of an explanation.

So what do you thing of this? Did you notice anything else during these last chapters?
    1) It's definitely Greed Island. The spell shop in Masadora looks just like Ickshonpay. P.E. is just a reference to summer wars, the final enemy looks just like Ickshonpay, and is an Artificial Intelligence that hacked the cyberworld.

Spoiler show

There must be a game only Gamemasters of Greed Island can play. I think all of the unique rare treasures are actually ancient treasures found by Ging while he was exploring ancient ruins & relics, such as the Luluka Ruins. Rather than selling them off, Ging must've thought it'd be more interesting to get a group of talented nen-users to protect them, and let them be prizes of a game. Either that, or there's a group of really powerful materialization/specialization nen users.

2) I also thought about this possibility, but Kakin seems to be a country based on China. Even Beyond Netero himself is based on the famous chinese general Guan Yu, so his underling's clothing looks chinese. Hoicoro, the king of Kakin also has the appearance of a chinese person. Therefore Beyond's companions are most likely not hybrid chimera ants, there's no indication that they're ants unlike Palm who has scales on her arms & legs.
    Last edited by Nevaeh; May 13, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    For the second...I hope not. They wont be interesting and even If I did not disliked the chimeras, seeing them everywhere annoys me. Also more when we think that we will see them again whe Gyro appears.
    Yeah it's the same with me, but I just wanted to talk about that possibility. Still I'd like to know what happened to those cocoons.

Quote Quote:
    P.E. is just a reference to summer wars, the final enemy looks just like Ickshonpay, and is an Artificial Intelligence that hacked the cyberworld.
    I'll go watch it right away!

Quote Quote:
    Therefore Beyond's companions are most likely not hybrid chimera ants, there's no indication that they're ants unlike Palm who has scales on her arms & legs.
    It's just some of them that gave me that impression, for example the one with a mushroom head, or the other one that looks like a puppet. Another is that fishmonger guy who looks like popeye, in the image below he looks like he has a tentacle instead of his left arm, maybe it's more likely that Togashi wanted to finish fast, yet the coincidence is a bit intriguing.

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/340/18
    Last edited by Raad; May 14, 2012 at 03:22 PM.

New Reply