Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: need a replacement manga artist

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner antony87's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

need a replacement manga artist

I have a completed manga story that has been in the early stages of production for almost a year. The aim is to produce the manga in comic book format and self publish for sale and distribution. My main aim is not for profit, I earn a good enough living and this is more of a hobby, I'm fully aware manga is not a realistic field for someone to make money especially a westerner, although as an artist their are more prospects especially after undertaking paid work which is what I am offering.

My previous artist has finished almost all character designs but has failed to complete the final design and has not been in contact, also the fact after almost a year the characer designs have not been completed, I have been in need for a slightly more commited artist for a while.

anyone who is interested please contact me and I will review any drawings you have and we can discuss your rate of pay. I have not detailed the plot to my story as I think that would be slightly premature in such an early stage of production and is of no real concern to an artist seeking pay and experience, you will receive this regardless of my storys plot and reception, of course should the comic be successful, then I suppose the exposure is beneficial but as I say the priority of the artist should be experience and pay.

looking forward to all positive responses and hope someone can help me advance my project.

Kind Regards
    Antony Wagstaff

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: need a replacement manga artist

So what would you like to see from the artists? would you like samples of panels or pages? or would any type of artwork satisfy?
    Also, manga, want it to be traditionally made or digitally? Colored or black and white ?

Furthermore I would like to know a bit about the manga because if it's not a subject I'm into even if it's paid which for me is most important , I guess one could say experience too but for me experience comes last at this stage, I might end up not being interested.

Could have sent this through a PM but I think that others would like to see the replies to the questions I've asked.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner antony87's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sakura-aneki,

Thank you for the interest, in answer to the questions you have asked, all I would like to see is a character design to begin with from that I will be able to tell if I like the artists style and can offer them the work. I would prefer to have it traditionally made as thats how we have been working up to now but if I saw a digital design I liked then I would consider doing it digitally, also I want the comic to be in black and white.

The genre of the manga is action fantasty, even if this is not a genre that usually interests you, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised to find that the plot is both original and well thought out, I dont want to give the details of the plot away but I can promise you it is not another version of bleach/naruto with different characters and an unimaginative storyline, the least I can say about my story is that is original, which I hope you will at least find refreshing.

I hope that answers all the questions, I apologise I didn't cover these details in my original post. If you do think you will be interested please let me know and if you have anymore questions I will private message you with the answers and hopefully I can have the chance to see one of your designs.

Kind Regards
    Antony Wagstaff

---------- Post added May 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was May 21, 2012 at 12:16 AM ----------

still no one interested? anyone looking for paid work please message me
    Last edited by antony87; May 20, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

ok if it's fantasy I like it.
    I was asking because I once got a job offer for which I had to make a character design but the person wanted a dark theme and what I did wasn't dark enough so yea I might not have been too good at that.
    I don't really have any new character designs but if you want I could show you some.
    I also work better digitally [plus I don't have all the necessary tools to work traditionally @_@]
    Also sorry for my late reply IDK how I missed it

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will like to apply to the Manga Artist position, here is a link to some of my art, let me know if this something you like.

http://photobucket.com/Ivan_manga_art

Thanks

Tsubasa

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would help if you put up some character designs so everyone could get to know the style you are looking for

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MangaDude View Post
    It would help if you put up some character designs so everyone could get to know the style you are looking for
    It's okay, he managed to find an artist without that.

New Reply