Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    Good chapter. Whether Hongou is alive or not is debatable. I do believe, however, that even if he is alive his fight against Jenezad is over. He has already done the sneak attack while the egomaniac gloats, and he lost that round. There doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason for Hongou's second battle revival. He's totally outclassed, he's supposed to lose. I'm totally fine with that.

    Curious to see what's in store for Sakaki though.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    I moved the posts about the OVA's to the latest thread on them, please don't clutter up this thread with posts about it, thanks.

  4. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    I'll concede to the notion that Akira maybe still alive, but his fight is done it would be completely foolish for him to try and sneak attack Jenezad again knowing the consequence for doing such a thing this time around will be certain death. If he is alive he better continue to lay on the ground and pretend not to breathe that's his best option if he wishes to live.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  5. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    Top four things peoples want to happen:
    1)Jenezad kills Akira ()
    2)Elder to pop up from nowhere to stop the fight
    3)OS comin to fight Jenezad
    4) Sakaki kills Jenezad


    Wish neither of those will happen


    So about an actual chapter:
    Well the next one i gues gonna be pretty much the conclusion...there is totaly a meaning for Sakaki to stand still...but what that could mean?...have no idea (hardly tryin to pin down the wishfull thinking)

    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy
    I also believe that Hongou is still alive but unlikely to stage another comeback, cause this was his secret move and it wouldn't make much sense.
    Well...Sakaki and Jenezad knew about this move...so i gues it was no that secret after all...and in terms of Yami, i belive "secret move" mean there is no one alive to tell about it after its used


    p.s.
    and once again i want to praise the mangaka(doubt he will read it,but still)...case most of the fight-chpaters designed in the way whers its impossible to predict what will happen next, this is surely keeps us entertained,gj in there.
    Last edited by Shader; May 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #20
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    I'm more partial to the idea that the elder is going to arrive and save the day, but if he doesn't show, Sakaki may have to give up on being a katsujkin in order to keep kenichi and miu alive. We may get to see his killer move he wouldn't use on hongou. This probably won't happen, but it would be great for ken to watch one of his masters fight a superior opponent. If the elder does show up, ken may get to see and learn a new technique.

  8. #21
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by shinomuri View Post
    We may get to see his killer move he wouldn't use on hongou. This probably won't happen, but it would be great for ken to watch one of his masters fight a superior opponent. If the elder does show up, ken may get to see and learn a new technique.
    Well, happy to know your opinion. I don't think kenichi may be able to learn a new technique that easily. He didn't even see what's happened with the last Hongou's blow, so I guess efficient moves agains jenazad are of a too high level for ken. I don't think he may be able to learn them.

    Second, I think katsujinken is not something you can put away, even if you are directly threatened by a killing fist opponent. It would make sense if sakaki keep his katsujinken "life giving fist". All the masters in Ryuzanpakou use katsujinken, no matter if it is an opponent with killing intent whether or not he is on the same level.

    From the end of the last chapter, it makes me think the following : just because Akira and Sakaki are on the same level it does not mean than their two fights will be the identical. From what we saw until now, the pencak silat user is very accurate, but I assume an excess of self-confidence may become a problem for him. Furthermore, I am not sure he was so much strong regarding Akira's level. The last blow was really dangerous for jenazad, so I guess he is not unbeatable.

    Last but not least, if we look at the previous fight, Akira was very offensive. Sakaki keeps calm, so I guess he is going to make it differently. Maybe a demonstration of what karate is really. I think the difference in his spirit will make the fight different (« in the spirit of karate, karate is only made for defense » ).

    So I guess the fight with sakaki will be really interesting if it is.

    About anybody mentionning the elder, well, it would run too easy if he is just going to make an appearance and break jenazad Nevertheless, if someone is coming, I hope that it would be a great fight.

    Sakaki said that the jenazad's throws are on level with akisame, so I guess this is an ennemy of the same level that akisame at least.

    Plus, I want to see sakaki in some epic fight, like this one is likely to be. I can't remember seeing himself in such a dangerous fight.

  9. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wnin View Post
    Well, happy to know your opinion. I don't think kenichi may be able to learn a new technique that easily. He didn't even see what's happened with the last Hongou's blow, so I guess efficient moves agains jenazad are of a too high level for ken. I don't think he may be able to learn them.

    Second, I think katsujinken is not something you can put away, even if you are directly threatened by a killing fist opponent. It would make sense if sakaki keep his katsujinken "life giving fist". All the masters in Ryuzanpakou use katsujinken, no matter if it is an opponent with killing intent whether or not he is on the same level.

    From the end of the last chapter, it makes me think the following : just because Akira and Sakaki are on the same level it does not mean than their two fights will be the identical. From what we saw until now, the pencak silat user is very accurate, but I assume an excess of self-confidence may become a problem for him. Furthermore, I am not sure he was so much strong regarding Akira's level. The last blow was really dangerous for jenazad, so I guess he is not unbeatable.

    Last but not least, if we look at the previous fight, Akira was very offensive. Sakaki keeps calm, so I guess he is going to make it differently. Maybe a demonstration of what karate is really. I think the difference in his spirit will make the fight different (« in the spirit of karate, karate is only made for defense » ).

    So I guess the fight with sakaki will be really interesting if it is.

    About anybody mentionning the elder, well, it would run too easy if he is just going to make an appearance and break jenazad Nevertheless, if someone is coming, I hope that it would be a great fight.

    Sakaki said that the jenazad's throws are on level with akisame, so I guess this is an ennemy of the same level that akisame at least.

    Plus, I want to see sakaki in some epic fight, like this one is likely to be. I can't remember seeing himself in such a dangerous fight.
    Why would you want to see Sakaki get his ass handed to him? Akira stood no chance once Jenezad started fighting seriously it's been made clear he's on an completely different level. Indeed, Akira was on the offensive a lot, but his goal was to kill his opponent; you cant expect him to take defensive poses most of the fight and counter attack meagerly. That's not his style at all. Also, have you forgotten Sakaki is an Dou fighter? it is impossible for him to be calm during battles because he fights with anger and a lot of emotion. Jenezad is the type to taunt and get inside your head during the fight, so Sakaki inevitably is an even worse matchup. I don't see where you get the idea that the fight would be different if Sakaki steps up to plate. If Sakaki couldn't defeat his equal in battle then there's no reason to suggest he can even come close to beating Jenezad when that monster just gave one of worlds strongest Karate masters the fodder treatment.

    Also, I find it hilarious that you think Akisame is on the same level as Jenezad...I'm not even going to elaborate on that topic
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  10. #23
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    I don't think sakaki would be in such a great disadvantage due to being a dou fighter. Its not like dou fighters are unable to control their emotions and fall into blind rage at the slightest taunt. Even if they did, it would not be because they were dou fighters but rather because they were weak minded from the start. Dou and sei fighters certainly do take different approaches to fighting however that does not mean sei fighters are incapable of getting pissed off or dou fighters are incapable of being calm. We saw miu was the one that came up with how to defeat that pengulu guy, sakaki was the one who explain to shinpaku how to fight when wounded (regardless of him actually being an example or not does not change that he was able to calmly explain everything) and in turn we saw how hongo basically went berserk when taunted with the kano thing (he was only saved because plot induced nonsense was applied and he became even more coolheaded when angry).

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Andorra
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    It is hard to predict what will happen now but I think the fighting is over for now. Sakaki is well aware that he is not on Jenazad's level right now and shows no intent to fight. Jenazad said himself that he could have died from Hongou's last attack, which means he could be defeated by Sakaki as well but I think that's highly unlikely to happen both considering hypothetical fight and plot-wise.

    However, it was clearly stated that Jenazad had taken great interest into Sakaki and considering his character it would be extremely unlikely to stop wishing to fight him now or in the future. My prediction - Sakaki shows no fighting intent and Jenazad leaves because it wouldn't be fun for him to fight someone like that, with farewell "we will meet again" or something like that.

  13. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    the reason sakaki hasn't reacted yet is because he's waiting for saiga to make his move, i bet he knew all along who it was under the disguise or at least he knew it was someone connected to demon fist or investigating him and someone not weak as he was portraying himself.

    he'll appear next chapt i bet

  14. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think sakaki would be in such a great disadvantage due to being a dou fighter. Its not like dou fighters are unable to control their emotions and fall into blind rage at the slightest taunt. Even if they did, it would not be because they were dou fighters but rather because they were weak minded from the start. Dou and sei fighters certainly do take different approaches to fighting however that does not mean sei fighters are incapable of getting pissed off or dou fighters are incapable of being calm. We saw miu was the one that came up with how to defeat that pengulu guy, sakaki was the one who explain to shinpaku how to fight when wounded (regardless of him actually being an example or not does not change that he was able to calmly explain everything) and in turn we saw how hongo basically went berserk when taunted with the kano thing (he was only saved because plot induced nonsense was applied and he became even more coolheaded when angry).
    I'm not saying it would be a great disadvantage it's only slight IMO lets assume Akira has died, Sakaki begins his fight, Jenezad starts to make a mockery of Sakaki's fallen rival, Sakaki loses cool a little because Jenezad is being disrespectful...you see where I'm going with this..he's already fighting with angry and Jenezad does nothing but add fuel to fire..Sakaki starts to lose his ability to rationalize properly because his emotions at that point would start to become unstable. That's all what I meant when I said a worse matchup in this particular situation

    ---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

    I wonder what's going to happen after this arc between ONSF and Ryozanpaku. They are enemies by nature, but during this entire arc Sakaki and Akira have been working together as a team which is unprecedented even considering the circumstances. This has to be addressed by the higher ups and if Akira survives this arc what will his relationship with Sakaki be like going forward?
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 15, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  15. #27
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    Well, there is the consideration of whether junazard is still an actual member of the one shadow nine fists. As it stands, junazard interfered in a fight between one of the nine fists and ryozampaku and messed with a disciple both of which are rather things which are not looked too kindly upon by yami. More so, junazard picked a fight with akira in doing all of this and we do know that the main reason the one shadow nine fists are together is to avoid conflict between them. As akira said, what junazard did was an indiscretion of a member of the nine fists and based on what we have seen his actions have been sanction by the one shadow (akira went to see him directly and later both of them showed up in tidat).

    ---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

    Still, even in a extreme scenario I can't really imagine sakaki being at a disadvantage due to sheer anger or being taunted. To many degrees that would be a rookie mistake on part of a very well seasoned fighter.

  16. #28
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wnin View Post
    From the end of the last chapter, it makes me think the following : just because Akira and Sakaki are on the same level it does not mean than their two fights will be the identical. From what we saw until now, the pencak silat user is very accurate, but I assume an excess of self-confidence may become a problem for him. Furthermore, I am not sure he was so much strong regarding Akira's level. The last blow was really dangerous for jenazad, so I guess he is not unbeatable.
    Every hit that Akira tried was lethal, it was a body or head piercer. The problem is that Silcardo never let those hits get through.

    Sakaki pretty much gave away the fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wnin View Post
    Sakaki said that the jenazad's throws are on level with akisame, so I guess this is an ennemy of the same level that akisame at least.
    Worse, Sakaki stated that Silcardo's throws are on Akisame's level. Silcardo does not specialise in throws while Akisame does, showing that he is quite ahead of who I think is the strongest Ryozanpaku master before the Elder.

    Personality wise, Akira was the proper match-up against Silcardo.

    Masters are not immune to fits of anger, if not for Akisame, Sakaki would have broken the "no intervention rule of masters in a disciple fight" twice and beaten Tanimoto senseless in his rage. Sakaki is the most emotional member in Ryozanpaku.

    I think Junazard has betrayed the OSNF. He stated he does not care if they are his enemies.

    The only thing that deserves a R.I.P. are Akira's glasses, you will be missed!
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; May 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

  17. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    I think Sakaki will fight and be killed. Akira though injured will survive and become Kenichi's new master.

  18. #30
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 473 Discussion/474 Predictions

    That is probably about as likely as kenichi turning to the satsujinken and killing miu after raping her lol.

    Anyways, sakaki would actually have a slight advantage hongo did not have. Sakaki just witnessed a bunch of junazad's techniques and has been seeing pencat silat in action for a while. In this regard, perhaps he was able to find a weakness in it? Pretty much every fighting style has a weakness or something that counters it to a large degree. Silat so far has been shown to have every sort of technique imaginable however if sakaki found something he could use it against junazad. Of course, it does seem like junazad knows a lot of karate too....

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts