Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ophelia

18 85.71%
  • Audrey

2 9.52%
  • Too close to tell

1 4.76%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ophelia vs Audrey

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ophelia vs Audrey

Many people see warriors of new generation as inferior to old ones but is it true? How would Audrey, #3 of new generation, fare against Ophelia, #4 of Clare's generation? Can Ophelia overcome Audrey's "Gentle Sword" using her trademark "Rippling Sword" technique?

- Neither claymore is allowed to release their yoki other than amount necessary to use their techniques

- They both know what kind of ability the other side has

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ophelia vs Audrey

Ophelia because she was a psychopath and didn't care much about anything. She was really strong too.

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ophelia for sure, shes ruthless and fears nothing, high yoki, very resilient, while the only thing i have seen Audrey do is pissing herself...
    So yeah Ophelia

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yomaslayer 95 View Post
    Ophelia for sure, shes ruthless and fears nothing, high yoki, very resilient, while the only thing i have seen Audrey do is pissing herself...
    So yeah Ophelia
    Come on I like Audrey. But I also like Ophelia, she is my first favorite character in the manga. However, pissing aside, we cannot forget that Audrey is #3 and that Miria herself, who had seven years of self training and is half awakened, mentions that if Audrey had truly fought her, it would have been tough. That being said, I don't know how well the Gentle Sword will fair against the Ripple Sword. I doubt it will, but if it repels it like the quick sword, Audrey could take it, but I'm thinking it'll come to to strength, in which I think either could win, but I'm leaning towards Ophelia. If it can't stand the Ripple's vibrations, then Ophelia takes it. So yeah, as much as I like Audrey, Ophelia probably takes it.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rippling Sword is something Audrey might not be able to handle (seeing as she got torn to pieces by the Dust Eater), Therefore I doubt she'd be able to deflect/reflect the Rippling Sword (via Gentle Sword) if she can't keep up with it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ophelia with enough training could rival Irene IMO (seeing how she has better combat stats than Irene), Audrey on the other hand would be obliterated by Irene even if she would train for 100 years. Ophelia was a real monster and a diamond in the rough and I'm pretty sure that Galatea would lose to her (so Audrey would be destroyed by her).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kregy's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Ophelia was a real monster and a diamond in the rough and I'm pretty sure that Galatea would lose to her.
    If Galatea used her ability to manipulate yoki Ophelia simply couldn't perform the Rippling Sword.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

No. It was clearly shown that youki manipulation wouldn't have worked. Since Clare couldn't predict the movements of a sword based on the flow of youki Galatea wouldn't be able to manipulate it in a way it would change the trajectory significantly. Ophelia's technique was mostly illusion obtained thanks to high frequency of a sword movement. And high frequency was possible thanks to Ophelia's monstrous youki. So it was the worst possible combination for Galatea maybe besides the QS (where even more youki was used). As Riful has said in chapter 45 (page 8 or 166 in volume 8) Galatea's manipulation technique is nothing great really. Even after 7 years the things she can manage with it are very limited. And Ophelia immediately realized what Clare was doing so if someone was messing with her youki she would surely notice it even quicker.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to change the trajectory of a blow. I thougth that Galatea might to prevent these frequent movements, which seem to require a level of precision, blurring them.
    And I believe the high frequency was possible not only thanks to Ophelia's monstrous youki, but her resiliency as well.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

These movements are unpredictable even to Ophelia, that is why they were perfect for PYS (pre-emptive youki sensing which Galatea also uses to a degree). Youki manipulation would be worthless here. Clare with her weaker version of a QS could easily brush off manipulation much stronger than Galatea's (turtle AB in Pieta). I'm pretty sure Ophelia could do the same with her Rippling Sword (at worst case scenario she would awaken but that's not something Galatea would want and I'm not sure she was even capable of doing). And I really recommend re-reading chapter 45, you will see that Galatea's manipulation is nothing great. She couldn't stop movements of a Claymore which Miata has shown.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather say "unconscious". Unpredictable movements were performed by Clare before she combined QS with PYS to clear a way for Jean.)) And when it comes to unintended movements Galatea, even with her hummble abilities, can do as much as to close Dauf's mouth, for example, so she may somehow tamper Ophelia's RS.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Could she stop Miata from attacking? No. 'Nuff said.

*sigh* Galatea can't manipulate an illusion and she can't stop an attack, only slightly change it. But that wouldn't give her anything since instead of cutting Galatea's arm Ophelia would cut her head if Galatea would mess with her or at best she would cut a different part of Galatea's body. But that could last only for one attack at most, once Ophelia would notice someone was messing with her youki she would do what Miata did and it would become worthless. You can deny it all you want but all the info is in the manga. All I see is your opinion without presenting actual arguments whereas I've given examples which have shown that manipulation is worthless on the long run and that Ophelia has good youki reading abilities (and it's not that hard to see the trick behind it unless someone's a retard like Duff, Riful immediately saw through it and even Clarice).
    Last edited by Goral; January 30, 2013 at 02:56 AM.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't say that Galatea can manipulate an illusion or stop Ophelia's attack at all, it would be ridiculous. I've just assumed that Galatea may tamper the rippling minuscule movements of the hand and IF she manages Ophelia will have to deliver powerful, but simple blows for some attacks.
    Yes, it's my speculations, I don't insist that it must be so.

Quote Quote:
    once Ophelia would notice someone was messing with her youki she would do what Miata did and it would become worthless.
    Releasing yoki? Of course, it'll make problems but Ophelia's yoki even after awakening is less than Dauf's one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Audrey would easily lose to Ophelia, we've seen that even with a Sword preparing to defend from the attack in the right spot is unable to halt the RS and with Audrey her Gentle Sword calls for her to keep her blade motionless so that she can redirect it

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The moment I saw Audrey's move I immediately related it to Aikido, which is basically redirecting your opponent's forces as well as exploiting limits in human joints. But going against Ophelia's Rippling Sword would be like trying to hyperextend (hence break) somebody's arm when they have no bones in them in the first place Gentle Sword is totally useless when Ophelia's sword would just slip past her defense like it isn't there.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast