Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Pajama na Kanojo. by Hamada Kosuke

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Pajama na Kanojo. by Hamada Kosuke

Pajama na Kanojo.
    By: Hamada Kosuke
    Genre: Romance, Ecchi
    Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha
    Mangaupdates

Keisuke and Makura are childhood friends, who grew up together almost like brother and sister. One day, due to a misunderstanding, Makura angrily ran away from home. Worried, his mother sent Keisuke out to find her.

Keisuke reluctantly went out to find her, ending up in a field of sunflowers they used to visit as children. Fortunately he found her there, asleep on a bench. Joining her, they reminisced about their childhood together.

Upon deciding to return home, Keisuke's mother calls him, telling him that Makura had collapsed and would not wake up. She told him to immediately meet her at the hospital. At that moment he looked at Makura, who was no longer standing but floating in air...

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Pajama na Kanojo. by Hamada Kosuke

So I read all 11 chapters last night, and I wanted to put up my thoughts.

It's a very well written series. Despite the fanservice which really turned me off, the main three characters have been very well scripted. I really like Keisuke, Makura, and Yuki equally, and their emotions are very well done.

I am kind of worried about Makura's characterization though. I just feel that she is more content with dying and freeing Keisuke from the burden of having to take care of her than actually trying to figure out how to stay alive. I know they are teenagers, and teenagers make these kind of decisions all the time, but its a bit difficult for me to swallow. Of course, this could change if Makura interacted with more people or ghosts or whatever. Also, even though the manga is told from Keisuke's perspective, I think it would benefit more from being about Makura than him. IDK

This series is deliciously angsty though. I thought I would hate it because of all the angst, but it's quite a compelling read. Especially that ghost girl that Makura meets -- that was an amazing plot move and I hope to see more of her!

Negative Syndicate

I definitely love the artwork for this series; the author has definetly improved as compared to Dogashi Kaden. I, personally, think it has much better artwork than Nisekoi and Koisome Momiji.

As for the story, well, it is getting better as compared to the early chapters.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; May 16, 2012 at 09:19 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: [Featured] Pajama na Kanojo. by Hamada Kosuke

Great art and great story. When I started reading it I was afraid it was going to be just another romance full of fanservice with almost no storynot that I mind, but I'm glad I was mistaken. This is one of the few romance where I don't dislike one of the romance option for the MC and I hope to see more of their character growth along with the MC.

I'm really hoping this one last.
    please click on them to help them grow.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 12 is out: http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/Paja...nojo12/280510/

I love this series so far, I hope it lasts a while. I wonder what's up with all the Snow White films/references these days though? I also really like Yuki, so seems so innocent sometimes.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys.

I don't read Pajama na Kanojo, but it just occurred to me that the author used to be an assistant for Koji Oishi. Sound familiar? He's the author infamous for such series as Inumarudashi and Maison de Penguin.

I just thought maybe no one else realized yet.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; June 03, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pajama na Kanojo. by Hamada Kosuke

I'm really liking it so far, it's been a while since I read a regular romance manga. I don't know why but the manga feels like there is going to be a tragedy at some point.
    please click on them to help them grow.

New Reply