Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Yukimura Vs Atobe?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yukimura

    17 85.00%
  • Atobe

    3 15.00%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78

Thread: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

  1. #31
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    I will go we this.
    Yukimura has been show to completely dominate and shrug off any non Pinnacle of perfection. And In fact he started to fight back vs pinnacle of perfection.

    To me this is a clear yukimura win. There is people claiming that Sanada could beat yukimura, yet Sanada was destroyed by yukimura.
    Yes now sanada has great training. You still have to accept yukimura has been shown to be too good, and really It doesn't seem logic that Atobe and sanada improved that much to beat Yukimura, much less considering that it seems yukimura improved too.

    Yukimura is still probably the best MS below Tezuka. I would say echizen too, but Echizen is broken by an ability that for some reason doesn't use? The power of echizen is mostly plot power, we don't even know if echizen can beat yuki without Pinnacle of perfection.

    We also assume 1st stringers are stronger than yuki with no evidence. Yuki is undefeated so far in the camp, and yes 1st stringers bested non perfection echizen, but so did yukimura.

    Of course the only true answer is in Konomi head, and there are 2 realities in regard to NPOT one is what the logic dictates according to the information given, and other what Konomi really thinks (it's called word of God for a reason).

    Is true that the information given thus far is inconclusive, but overall there is nothing that would really tell us that Atobe could beat yuki. Atobe kingdom hasn't been shown to be so amazing after all, it didn't really win Atobe any game yet.

  2. #32
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Yukimura's well improved YIPS technique may be terrifying but if we think about it, usually it works with people with probably a low mental capacity. But Atobe has a high insight prowess and posses a tough mental upholding that can even hold long drawn matches.. But to think about it, it's not a hundred percent that Atobe can be affected by YIPS but it's a hundred percent that ATOBE will be able to use his "Atobe Kingdom" against Yukimura since there's no way to stop someone from looking at you. Even Irie knew that, but couldn't stop it... Just sayin.....

  3. #33
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Yukimura proved that he is so strong regardless of yips, in fact yips only appear to be the icing of the cake. And all mental strength we supposed Atobe have seems to be worth nothing now, since oichi completely got him. If it would have been another player instead of atobe in this match, we all were gonna think Atobe wouldn't fall under oichi dominance, yet is atobe there is, Atobe now is officialy not invencible mentally, as far as we know, not even strong.

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fosprey View Post
    Atobe now is officialy not invencible mentally, as far as we know, not even strong.
    Or, you know, Ochi is techniques is VERY powerful since he's one of the top ten players in Japan.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #35
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Are you serious? In my equation, I state normal Irie. Not serious Irie. Serious Irie is ONLY in second equation. What that equation say is that you can't draw that Irie is stronger than Atobe and vice versa. If you dont understand, ask your math teacher. To say one is stronger right now between those two is just a matter of fanboyism, not fact from the manga. And I like debating about fact from manga, not debating on fanboyism.
    It doesnt make you more respected here or ''cooler'' for copying Fayte.
    Im saying its unlikely Atobe can defeat Yuki. Your saying Atobe > Irie?
    No fanboyism when I give evidence to show Irie has two levels of seriousness. Why wont you accept Irie has showed us two levels of seriousness?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    EDIT: I'll try my best. Here,

    Let's say

    Pre Atobe Kingdom Atobe is 6
    Normal (or non serious) Irie is 9

    Atobe Kingdom Atobe (uninjured) is X
    Serious Irie is Y

    And we are given
    X>9
    Y>9

    You can't draw any conclusion of whether or not X or Y (Atobe and Irie) is better in this case. You just can't.

    If
    X=11
    Y=12

    or

    X=12
    Y=11

    It will still satisfy the equation. This means that we can't know right know if Atobe and Irie is stronger than one another.
    Cool story bro. Pointless equation.
    I see what your saying, but why are you ignoring the fact that Konomi showed Irie with an angry expression and what I expect to be fully serious when against Akiba, yet he was laughing and teasing Atobe the whole way through?
    Can you reply to that?

    ---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Yukimura's well improved YIPS technique may be terrifying but if we think about it, usually it works with people with probably a low mental capacity. But Atobe has a high insight prowess and posses a tough mental upholding that can even hold long drawn matches.. But to think about it, it's not a hundred percent that Atobe can be affected by YIPS but it's a hundred percent that ATOBE will be able to use his "Atobe Kingdom" against Yukimura since there's no way to stop someone from looking at you. Even Irie knew that, but couldn't stop it... Just sayin.....
    What? Not true at all. In fact, very much wrong.
    Yes, it destroyed Fuwa and Tooyama who maybe had weak mental's, but Ryoma and Sanada were yipped. Are you telling they had weak mentals?
    Yukimura's Yips is extremely powerful as he has yipped Ryoma and Sanada.

    Oh? He can DEFINETELY use it? We dont know. As far as Im concerned, Atobe is yet to use AK for MANY games consecutively. So I dont see how we can suggest he cant get yipped. If Ryoma, Tooyama and Sanada did, Atobe most certainly can get yipped.

    For Mental-wise he isnt too amazing. Irie screwed him over and Ochi also screwed him over. They arent the best in the camp.

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Actually? Yeah. Irie was piss because his playstyle was diss heavily by his opponent. I thought of it more as mad than serious, to be honest. Atobe word doesn't piss him off.

    And even if you were to argue that Irie would have dpne it nonetheless, before he had a chance to go into that mode, Atobe injured himself by accident, making Atobe ability drop and Irie simply doesn't have to go serious like that anymore. So that's a possible explanation. Why would someone like Irie go serious when he don't have to? He could have been like "I guess I don't have to go serious anymore". Irie isn't the type to be all serious if he dont have to. He won't show ability unless he's push enough. And Atobe was injured before he had another chance, most likely.

    You evidence doesn't negate my point. I've SEEN the serious Irie. And that is already include into the equation. It doesn't change it. It's just like, here's a 10 (Serious Irie). Did you include 2 in there? (Serious). It's already include. Your point would have make sense to me if I consider Irie and Serious Irie the same. I didn't. So, another evidence, please.

    Also, that equation is hardly pointless. It show that base on fact fom manga, you can't say one is better than other. And that is my point. Not that one of them at 100% is more powerful than each other.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 16, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Quote Quote:
    Yes, it destroyed Fuwa and Tooyama who maybe had weak mental's, but Ryoma and Sanada were yipped. Are you telling they had weak mentals?
    I'm not sure that Sanada and Ryoma have high mentality. Sanada's stubbornness in his match with both Ryoma and Tezuka shows that he lets emotion get in the way of what needs to be done. As for Ryoma, he was stubborn from episode 1. I would say both of them have a weak mental game in their own way.

    As for the Irie discussion, I don't see why there is an issue. Irie was "acting" the entire time with Atobe. His anger was also an act. Konomi stapled this theory as fact when he showed us what a serious Irie looks like (Akiba). That Irie was not shown a single time against Atobe. The fact of the matter is, whether we like it or not, (non-serious) Irie let Atobe win.

  8. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    I'd say that Atobe would still be playing some decent tennis after he's lost his hearing and even his sight, but once he loses his touch it's over.

  9. #39
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I'd say that Atobe would still be playing some decent tennis after he's lost his hearing and even his sight, but once he loses his touch it's over.
    He relies on his sight.
    Closed Eyes isnt for everyone. Sanada, Tooyama couldnt cope being blind.
    Closed Eyes is used by Nanjiroh, Ryoma, Fuji and Fuwa.

    ---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Actually? Yeah. Irie was piss because his playstyle was diss heavily by his opponent. I thought of it more as mad than serious, to be honest. Atobe word doesn't piss him off.

    And even if you were to argue that Irie would have dpne it nonetheless, before he had a chance to go into that mode, Atobe injured himself by accident, making Atobe ability drop and Irie simply doesn't have to go serious like that anymore. So that's a possible explanation. Why would someone like Irie go serious when he don't have to? He could have been like "I guess I don't have to go serious anymore". Irie isn't the type to be all serious if he dont have to. He won't show ability unless he's push enough. And Atobe was injured before he had another chance, most likely.

    You evidence doesn't negate my point. I've SEEN the serious Irie. And that is already include into the equation. It doesn't change it. It's just like, here's a 10 (Serious Irie). Did you include 2 in there? (Serious). It's already include. Your point would have make sense to me if I consider Irie and Serious Irie the same. I didn't. So, another evidence, please.

    Also, that equation is hardly pointless. It show that base on fact fom manga, you can't say one is better than other. And that is my point. Not that one of them at 100% is more powerful than each other.
    Im not getting your point. Do you or do you not consider Irie and Serious Irie the same.
    Do you or do you not acknowledge he has different level of seriousness.

    I honestly dont think he was fully serious with Atobe as Tanegashima said to him if your not careful they'll pull the rug from under you. Basically saying stop messing around.

  10. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Your point would have make sense to me if I consider Irie and Serious Irie the same. I didn't

    And my point is that it DOESN"T matter if Irie was in his full 100% serious with Atobe. BECAUSE Atobe got injured. And from what we've seen, his non-100% serious self got dominated by Atobe with Atobe Kingdom who is not injured. It is only when Atobe get injured that the non-100% serious Irie started getting points.

    And for the reason for why that is, look at my seemingly "useless" equation. I'm not explaining that again.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #41
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I'm not sure that Sanada and Ryoma have high mentality. Sanada's stubbornness in his match with both Ryoma and Tezuka shows that he lets emotion get in the way of what needs to be done. As for Ryoma, he was stubborn from episode 1. I would say both of them have a weak mental game in their own way.

    As for the Irie discussion, I don't see why there is an issue. Irie was "acting" the entire time with Atobe. His anger was also an act. Konomi stapled this theory as fact when he showed us what a serious Irie looks like (Akiba). That Irie was not shown a single time against Atobe. The fact of the matter is, whether we like it or not, (non-serious) Irie let Atobe win.
    Are you saying they have weak ones is what I asked. Ryoma definetely didnt. To play a tie-break with Atobe into 119-117 or something definetely suggests a good mental.
    And the point you made I told to Ken. He just doesnt want to acknowledge it.

    ---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Your point would have make sense to me if I consider Irie and Serious Irie the same. I didn't

    And my point is that it DOESN"T matter if Irie was in his full 100% serious with Atobe. BECAUSE Atobe got injured. And from what we've seen, his non-100% serious self got dominated by Atobe with Atobe Kingdom who is not injured. It is only when Atobe get injured that the non-100% serious Irie started getting points.

    And for the reason for why that is, look at my seemingly "useless" equation. I'm not explaining that again.
    It DOES matter since Atobe is struggling here and to our knowledge he is uninjured, against No.s 9 and 10 who havent shown to be able to compete with Irie yet.
    Let's face it, Ochi and Mouri are owning here and Mouri doesnt even look menacing.
    So we do know uninjured Atobe going all-out.
    We know Irie going all out. He absolutely destroyed someone and left them in a medical attention state.

    With Atobe, Irie was not like that.

    We dont need your Math for PoT bro. Your no genius so relax. Everybody is High School age or above so of course Middle School maths doesnt doesnt need to be taught or explained.

  12. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    You're putting down no 9 and 10 when they had only 1 match against two of the strongest MS. There's no telling if Irie would have been own the same way or not. It doesn't matter.

    Here's what happen, from what I've seen.

    In your mind
    -Atobe aren't that strong.
    -no 9 and 10 are winning against Atobe, so they could be strong. But They still aren't strong compare to Irie.

    I don't get it. It's because you're already putting down Atobe that no 9 and 10 doesn't look strong. If you view Atobe like he's strong. Then you will view no 9 and 10 as cannidates who is possibly stronger than Irie.

    This isn't fact of manga. It's you setting opinion onto the manga and then draw that as a fact.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  13. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Quote Quote:
    And my point is that it DOESN"T matter if Irie was in his full 100% serious with Atobe. BECAUSE Atobe got injured.
    What are you talking about? Atobe was injured BEFORE he even got Atobe Kingdom. That is hardly an excuse. He was playing absolutely fine even with his injury, so it was not a handicap. That injury was no "Tezuka-elbow" by any means.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    What are you talking about? Atobe was injured BEFORE he even got Atobe Kingdom. That is hardly an excuse. He was playing absolutely fine even with his injury, so it was not a handicap. That injury was no "Tezuka-elbow" by any means.
    No, Fayte. He wasn't.

    Atobe Kingdom Learn
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...4/c043/14.html

    Fall
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c044/2.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...nnis/v04/c045/
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  16. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?


New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts