Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Yukimura Vs Atobe?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yukimura

17 85.00%
  • Atobe

3 15.00%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Atobe is great, he's a king, but Yuki is a Demi-God, almost unbeatable. It would be an etertaining match, Atobe would give a fight, but we all know how it's gonna end.
    Just saying, if the match ends, Atobe's going to end in the hospital after collapsing.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    based on current skills in the manga and not speculating on evolved potential , the winner... is Yukimura.
    theoretically these 2 have unlimited potential. I would probably think atobe woudl evovle, but that
    is personal bias, and not what the writer has written.

Atobe kingdom is good, but atobe cant counter hallucinatory yips. he might be able to play unconsciously, thus blocking out the psychological affects of yips, meaning his body and mind would control his actions, but it may not be enough to beat yuki's skills and that again is speculation and bias.
    I agree with other posters that favor Yukimura. Someone said his stats are better too. I'm not a yukimura fanboy either lol.

And why the HIDDEN POLL! wow when will the results be released?

I don't know how to make it visible, i purposely want it to be shown after you cast your vote. I hope the Admin can help me, cause i don't know how to do it. Thanks for sighting.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The poll's results should be visible when you click on View Poll Results.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Are you saying that even if Atobe activates his Atobe Kingdom where he can see the points where your body is unable to reach or react to? I don't think Yukimura can Dislocate his joints to reach those weak spots a human Physiology has.... But i do respect your comment since It's really rational, what you are saying...
    I would like to give you props sir. Bro to accurately predict the only way for AK to be defeated.
    Nice.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I would like to give you props sir. Bro to accurately predict the only way for AK to be defeated.
    Until the next guy Atobe plays is too strong for it to work, then we get another way to beat it.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Until the next guy Atobe plays is too strong for it to work, then we get another way to beat it.
    The only other way appart from dislocating your shoulder is scoring points against Atobe and draining his stamina hitting very accurate shots so he runs a lot. That would work.

Tezuka Phantom would also work maybe.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    The only other way appart from dislocating your shoulder is scoring points against Atobe and draining his stamina hitting very accurate shots so he runs a lot. That would work.

Tezuka Phantom would also work maybe.
    I dont include Tezuka Zone and Phantom as it isnt a ''way'' to break it, but a way for Tezuka or Niou ONLY to break it lol.
    TZone and Phantom will defeat it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tieuta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL Yukimura will win for sure, the only match up that should be considered at this point would be, Tezuka vs Yukimura for best Middle schooler, Atobe vs Shiraishi vs Fuji vs Sanada

Tezuka and Yukimura vs each other would be EPIC, telling us what happened before when Tezuka was facing Yukimura while Sanada lost, like years ago, did Yukimura went into coma during the matcH? was Tezuka defeated? or was the match stopped? and Tezuka with Teni mihou stands a good chance vs Yukimura and also TEzuka overcomed Yips before the nationals.

Atobe vs Fuji would be So Epic, on par, after Fuji lost to Tezuka he must of improved tremendously, or Atobe vs Sanada finish off the match they started? Shiraishi vs Atobe? would be Epic, Shiraishi vs Sanada would be sick,

cause so far honestly the best match I've seen and kept repeating rewatching rereading was Fuji vs Shiraishi, Best match ever hands down, also liked Tezuka vs Atobe but it was cause Tezuka was like the main character there LOL.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tieuta View Post
    LOL Yukimura will win for sure, the only match up that should be considered at this point would be, Tezuka vs Yukimura for best Middle schooler, Atobe vs Shiraishi vs Fuji vs Sanada

Tezuka and Yukimura vs each other would be EPIC, telling us what happened before when Tezuka was facing Yukimura while Sanada lost, like years ago, did Yukimura went into coma during the matcH? was Tezuka defeated? or was the match stopped? and Tezuka with Teni mihou stands a good chance vs Yukimura and also TEzuka overcomed Yips before the nationals.
    Tezuka now has Teni Muhou no Kiwami. This means it is Yukimura who is in the situation of ''might have a chance''. I would put my money on Tezuka right now for being No.1 Japanese MSer. Well, he is without a doubt now.

Yukimura wasn't necessarily in a coma although his body couldnt really move. This happened I believe at the start of his 3rd Year or it could have been at the end of his 2nd Year. I think its the first one though.

The Yips Tezuka overcame was nothing like the Yips Yukimura produces. Two completely different effects.

And since Shiraishi and Fuji haven't significantly improved since Part I as far as the readers know, then Shiraishi will be comfortably defeated by Atobe and Fuji is likely to be crushed by Sanada.
    Since Sanada and Atobe have been handed loads of improvement by Konomi with Shiraishi only getting the removal of an arm weight lol.

If Yukimura, Shiraishi and Fuji were handed the sort of improvement in SPoT that Sanada and Atobe were, THEN we could get the epic matches we would love to see haha.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tieuta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

its' true that Fuji + Shiraishi hasn't shown improvements as Atobe / Sanada, but same can be said for Sanada because so far all we know is he trained in camps and others showed great improvements, we really can't tell Sanada's Improvement level, still a match between FUJI vs Atobe I still would say EPIC, or ATOBE vs SHiraishi, the reason is because we really do not know SHiraishi's extent yet he hasn't shown his full powers or potential , the match with fuji he didn't take off his golden bracelet, then he did but it only showed a bit of his extent since it was a double, I still say the four, Atobe, Sanada, Shiraishi , Fuji are in the same league, some maybe stronger than other by a bit but not by far and if fuji improves after the match of tezuka which he always DOES he goes beserk after he loses and improves like crazy, then I don't find it impossible for him to fight Atobe / Sanada, might lose but will be a good match. as for the TEzuka Vs Yukimura Match it's a must man, Konomi u hooked me into this anime just cause of that match I watched the whole thing and kept reading for a day TEz vs Yuk match please make it happen thanks me and my friends been waiting for over 3 years or wait 5 to 7 years now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like Shiraishi (obviously) he is no match for Sanada or Atobe ATM. Shiraishi took off his golden gauntlet... no biggie. He has stronger arm strength, so what? It was already high since he broke Higuma Otoshi just like Nationals!Tachibana and he doesn’t have much to show for it other than beating Fuji, who only used the loss as a catalyst. His hard work and persistence*could* lead to Hyaku Ren Jitoku no Kiwami but at this point, that's not even that great. Sadly he has been forgotten for now, I fear soon to be permanent since I don't see him playing in these G10 matches.

Fuji, on the other hand, I can see him appearing in the G10 matches. Defeating Tezuka has always been one of his major motivational factors. His once again defeat to Tezuka at the start of Shin as well as Tezuka unlocking Teni Muhou no Kiwami means that Fuji will have something significant to show for sure. I see his heightened senses unlocking Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami (Injury prerequisite needed or not, he was the first genius player and currently one of if not the top.) An upgrade to his counters, particularly the 5th, could be devastating in a match. He made new counters when he entered the Nationals, nothing indicates the same hasn’t already occurred in the face of the high schoolers. So it depends for him, he could defeat Atobe depending on how much improvement Konomi will give him. Sanada is obviously on another level completely.

This is not to say Shiraishi and Fuji cannot defeat Atobe and Sanada, it is just unlikely given where we currently are in regards to their skills.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Fuji, on the other hand, I can see him appearing in the G10 matches. Defeating Tezuka has always been one of his major motivational factors. His once again defeat to Tezuka at the start of Shin as well as Tezuka unlocking Teni Muhou no Kiwami means that Fuji will have something significant to show for sure.
    He only lost to Tezuka once. The loss before the Nationals is non-canon and doesn't exist in the actual storyline because it is anime-only.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

He made new counters when he entered the Nationals, nothing indicates the same hasn’t already occurred in the face of the high schoolers. So it depends for him, he could defeat Atobe depending on how much improvement Konomi will give him. Sanada is obviously on another level completely.

This is not to say Shiraishi and Fuji cannot defeat Atobe and Sanada, it is just unlikely given where we currently are in regards to their skills.
    I doubt anyone has seen Fuji's supposed new counters. Fuji has never had it that Fuji reveals a new technique and he has already used it on someone before us, or someone else had apparently already seen it. He only has 6 counters. But yeah, an upgrade could change things.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

As much as I like Shiraishi (obviously) he is no match for Sanada or Atobe ATM. Shiraishi took off his golden gauntlet... no biggie. He has stronger arm strength, so what? It was already high since he broke Higuma Otoshi just like Nationals!Tachibana and he doesn’t have much to show for it other than beating Fuji, who only used the loss as a catalyst. His hard work and persistence*could* lead to Hyaku Ren Jitoku no Kiwami but at this point, that's not even that great. Sadly he has been forgotten for now, I fear soon to be permanent since I don't see him playing in these G10 matches.
    Agree with everything here completely and I've said it myself lol. Removing the arm weight isnt much at all lol.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

its' true that Fuji + Shiraishi hasn't shown improvements as Atobe / Sanada, but same can be said for Sanada because so far all we know is he trained in camps and others showed great improvements, we really can't tell Sanada's Improvement level, still a match between FUJI vs Atobe I still would say EPIC, or ATOBE vs SHiraishi, the reason is because we really do not know SHiraishi's extent yet he hasn't shown his full powers or potential , the match with fuji he didn't take off his golden bracelet, then he did but it only showed a bit of his extent since it was a double,
    Thing is, nobody has recieved as much improvement as Sanada and Atobe besides Ryoma.
    In fact... they have had technically more.

Atobe VS Shiraishi may have been awesome in Part I, but in SPoT right now, Fuji and Shiraishi have been left in the shadows and Konomi all in all hasn't done anything with them. I agree they would be epic, but only if Konomi stops neglecting them and gives them as much attention as he has given Atobe and Sanada.

I still say the four, Atobe, Sanada, Shiraishi , Fuji are in the same league, some maybe stronger than other by a bit but not by far and if fuji improves after the match of tezuka which he always DOES he goes beserk after he loses and improves like crazy, then I don't find it impossible for him to fight Atobe / Sanada, might lose but will be a good match.
    Sanada right now, is likely above their league. Can you see any of them returning Rai?
    He is the only guy with 5 ball return, and he has the Black Aura which allowed him to score against Yukimura when before it he was unable to take a point from him.
    Also, Nationals!Sanada beat Tezuka.

Do you see Fuji, Shiraishi or Atobe defeating Nationals!Tezuka? Tezuka has ZSS remember lol. Niou, Tooyama, Atobe, Shiraishi, Akutsu, Fuji all players in the same league I believe.

as for the TEzuka Vs Yukimura Match it's a must man, Konomi u hooked me into this anime just cause of that match I watched the whole thing and kept reading for a day TEz vs Yuk match please make it happen thanks me and my friends been waiting for over 3 years or wait 5 to 7 years now.
    I would love it, but... Tezuka has Teni Muhou no Kiwami. How would Yukimura will be able to challenge that?
    I agree with you it would probably be epic, but Tezuka is so powerful right now, I'm not sure about Tezuka VS anybody being a good match haha.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty clear that Yukimura isn't actually anything special when it comes to regular rally. The #11 was presumably comfortably ahead of him during a rally and there's no reason to believe Yukimura held back since he was already using his eye power during the rally. However there are only two instances of people breaking out of the 'strip senses' move and both cases appear to be unique, or at least unique enough that it doesn't seem like Atobe would be able to learn something similar at this point.

If we go by the explanation given by the book, it'd seem like as long as you're not scared of Yukimura you shouldn't lose your senses and a move like Atobe Kingdom would work fine, but that didn't work for #11 who for whatever reason thought Yukimura was a joke, and still lost all his senses anyway and probably got hit by some other Naruto eye power too.

I have a feeling Yukimura's 'strip senses' is similar to how Data Tennis never works on anyone even half a tier above you but since Yukimura is top tier amongst his age group, this means it will always work on his similar aged opponents unless they possess one of the two abilities that specifically allows you to break out of it.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I would love it, but... Tezuka has Teni Muhou no Kiwami. How would Yukimura will be able to challenge that?
    I agree with you it would probably be epic, but Tezuka is so powerful right now, I'm not sure about Tezuka VS anybody being a good match haha.
    Teni Muhou no Kiwami is probably not going to be a big deal in the world of NPOT (the Japanese coaches sure didn't seem very impressed), though since Teni Muhou no Kiwami specifically counters Yukimura's strip senses move, there's no way Yukimura stands a chance against Tezuka at the moment. As long as you have your sense you only need the first 2 doors of Muga to defeat Yukimura anyway. There's no reason to believe if Ryoma didn't lose all his senses he couldn't have defeated Yukimura by using the first two doors, something Tezuka already mastered even before NPOT. Though Yukimura seem to gain an upgrade to his magic-like power in NPOT, I'm inclined to agree with the theory that Teni Muhou no Kiwami must grant immunity to all magic-like effects so whatever Yukimura did against #11 shouldn't work on Tezuka.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you see Fuji, Shiraishi or Atobe defeating Nationals!Tezuka? Tezuka has ZSS remember lol. Niou, Tooyama, Atobe, Shiraishi, Akutsu, Fuji all players in the same league I believe.
    Scariest thing about Tezuka isn't ZSS. It's Pinnacle of Great Wisdom combined with Hard Work. I think it's actually hint Pinnacle of Great Wisdom can somehow return Rai when Tezuka tried to use it. Unfortunately, Sanada has In. None of these player have In, though.

+Tooyama can return 5 at once. I'll actually put him and Akutsu higher than Niou, Atobe, and Shiraishi for now, since it show so few people can do that.

He won't be able to, strictly score wise, PoP 6-0 Yukimura. +Yukimura return a ball only because Echizen intentionally slow down the ball. He would be completely embarassed if not for that. I'm not sure if his new "dream" would work on PoP. I'm going with no for now.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle of Great Wisdom is way overrated. If it worked like it said, you'd get to cases like "OMG I'm going to lose the next point!" just like how Yanagi's Data Tennis shows he has 0% chance of winning against a superior foe. Of course Pinnacle of Great Wisdom can predict where Rai goes, but it wouldn't matter because we know Tezuka lacks the physical strength to return Rai (even Yukimura can't return Rai head on), so if Great Wisdom is really all seeing, Tezuka should've realized that he cannot return Rai even if he knew exactly where it goes to because it's beyond his strength to return Rai.

Great Wisdom is more like just playing a really good game without making any mistakes. When Senri used it against Tezuka, you see the prediction led to some crazy number of rallies, much bigger than the ones against Tachibana and that's probably the limit of how far Great Wisdom can take you. Although Senri isn't as good as Tezuka, he's at least in the same initial 'national' class and he's one of the 3 guys who supposedly fully mastered Muga, so it's not an out of tier match either.

Because Tezuka has Tezuka zone, just the first door alone is enough to defeat Yukimura since Yukimura won't be able to do his super fast return to get around the doubling effect. Yes he can hit back a double powered shot too but the match against Ryoma suggests that he can't do it forever. You need more base power than Tezuka to damage him (see Kabaji versus Tezuka, returning a double powered shot does damage to Tezuka somehow, otherwise the match would just be an infinite loop) and Yukimura does not appear as a power player, so Tezuka can beat him even with just the first door alone if Yukimura doesn't use the strip senses move (or more accurately, have it neutralized by Teni).

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast