Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Yukimura Vs Atobe?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yukimura

17 85.00%
  • Atobe

3 15.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

Quote Quote:
    Well, Atobe actually completely dominated Irie as far as we see until his leg injury.
    Irie let him win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Stop it. If your gonna suggest Atobe > Irie if it weren't for his leg injury then we can't go anywhere.
    Otherwise Atobe > A lot of Top 10 players.
    And guess what? He's struggling against No.s 9 and 10 even with Nationals!Tezuka by his side in the form of Niou.
    Show me a page before leg injury that Irie score a point pass Atobe Kingdom Atobe, please, then. If not. My point count as fact.

I also might be confusing this with some discussion or fanfic, but isn't it mention Atobe still feeling his leg injury and so he can only challenge no 9-10?

@Fayte. Correction: Irie let injured Atobe win after torturing him for a freakin long tie break. He also try to finish the game multiple times, and only let Atobe win after seeing his determination. It look Irie is at least serious for the tie break. I don't call dragging around injure people going easy on them. Any other normal people would pose the point, and it would be game Irie 7-6.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 15, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Show me a page before leg injury that Irie score a point pass Atobe Kingdom Atobe, please, then. If not. My point count as fact.

I also might be confusing this with some discussion or fanfic, but isn't it mention Atobe still feeling his leg injury and so he can only challenge no 9-10?
    Not mentioned. Just a theory.

You must have forgotten the discussion Irie and Tanegashima had after Irie walked all over Atobe.
    He said you sure you wanna play around? To Irie. They seemed to be close friends as they were on first name basis, and so Im guessing Tanegashima is the one who is well aware of his true abilities.

After all the madness, he knew Irie's arm was fine, although its perfectly plausible to have an exhausted shoulder after a 6-6 170+ match.
    I honestly dont believe that even if his leg was fine that Atobe would have one against Irie.
    Irie pushed Atobe just to see how he could improve and he was pleased with AK. Then he got kinda serious.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; May 15, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I add second part to my post as what Irie seem to try to do as response to that already.

And fact from manga right now until proven otherwise, Uninjure Atobe Kingdom>Irie. Support hy multiple pages in manga. Your is a theory, for now
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Uninjure Atobe Kingdom>Irie
    Correction:

Uninjure Atobe Kingdom > Non-serious troll mode Irie

We did NOT see a serious Irie until Akiba.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didnt he use AK right throughout is 170+ point tie-break with Irie?
    Either AK just wasnt working meaning it isnt as absolute as we thought it was, or there was a limit.
    Atobe has to be able to focus his Insight on the opponent's absolute blind spots, just like with KnS. So if he's pressured enough or has to use his Insight for something else, he likely can't use it.

Letal however was implying that there was a stamina like limit which we haven't seen anything of.

You dont have to be dominated actually.
    Fuwa wasnt necessarily dominated I dont think. He and his CE must make him a powerful player as he must definetely be above Hakamada Izou at least who was pretty good.
    It wasnt shown that in rallies Fuwa was getting dominated and BAM!! He suffered Yukimura's brand new Yips which completely destroys the opponent.
    If Atobe doesn't get dominated, there should be an opening for AK. If there's an opening for that, he will score, and in that case the requirements for Yips aren't met anymore.

I'll accept its not a given that Yukimura will defeat Atobe, but its just that it showed that technique survives AK when Irie faced Atobe, and in this series out of the MSers, Its kinda fair to say Yukimura has perhaps the best technique out all of them with a few in contention with him.

My example of great technique is the fact that he can easily return FuuRinKaZanRai which would rape all MSers minus Ryoma and Tezuka. (Atobe cant return it).
    The thing is that Yukimura uses his technique almost exclusively for defensive purposes. We don't really see him hit shots that are directly into the corner, like say Nakagauchi.

We dont know how good Yuki's technique stat is, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest it is significantly above Atobe's.
    Sanada as amongst those at the top of the MS tier is the medium. Atobe couldnt cope against Sanada til WoI arrived. Yukimura can cope.
    Atobe struggled and lost to Muga!Ryoma. Yukimura shut it down.
    Atobe was said to have had a significantly higher growth during the camp. Sure, for the national level I would agree that Yukimura's stats were far above Atobe's. Now, I'm not so sure about that anymore. I do think they are higher, but the question is by how much.

Also Atobe didn't struggle against Muga!Ryoma (Echizen snapped out of Muga during Samurai Zone).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Correction:

Uninjure Atobe Kingdom > Non-serious troll mode Irie

We did NOT see a serious Irie until Akiba.
    Yeah. Here

Atobe kingdom> normal Irie

Serious Irie> normal Irie

And unless you fail hard at math, you'll know you can't know from this equation that Irie or Atobe at full power can beat reach other for now. Let's leave it at that. We're actually getting way off topic.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I add second part to my post as what Irie seem to try to do as response to that already.

And fact from manga right now until proven otherwise, Uninjure Atobe Kingdom>Irie. Support hy multiple pages in manga. Your is a theory, for now
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/47/3

Tanegashima is telling him to be careful. No mention of a good friend of his almost losing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Atobe was said to have had a significantly higher growth during the camp. Sure, for the national level I would agree that Yukimura's stats were far above Atobe's. Now, I'm not so sure about that anymore. I do think they are higher, but the question is by how much.

Also Atobe didn't struggle against Muga!Ryoma (Echizen snapped out of Muga during Samurai Zone).
    So after a new Yips we are confirming Yukimura's technique didnt lift?
    I think Technique-wise Yuki is above signficantly above still. The whole thing where he was the only MSer initially chosen and all.

Yeah. Here

Atobe kingdom> normal Irie

Serious Irie> normal Irie

And unless you fail hard at math, you'll know you can't know from this equation that Irie or Atobe at full power can beat reach other for now. Let's leave it at that. We're actually getting way off topic.
    Tell us how you can confirm Irie was serious like against Akiba when Akiba taunted his acting.
    You cant. Irie's serious mode has only been shown to us coz his acting was dissed which completely made him flip.

Atobe was just getting teased and laughed at during the match by Irie. He was different with Akiba. Im not saying it means Akiba > Atobe at all but I think Irie was much more serious against Akiba than Irie.

Remember this shot? We never saw it with Atobe. Irie wasnt taking him seriously enough.

Remember this face? We never saw it with Atobe. Irie wasnt taking him seriously enough.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Read equation again. I'm not teaching middle school math.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So after a new Yips we are confirming Yukimura's technique didnt lift?
    I think Technique-wise Yuki is above signficantly above still. The whole thing where he was the only MSer initially chosen and all.
    1. Getting a power up to Yips doesn't imply anything about his stats getting boosted.
    2. However, I never said his stats didn't improve, I just said Atobe's improved by more.
    3. You didn't adress Yukimura using his abilities for defensive purposes and we don't know how he would do offensively at this point.

Or in conclusion:

So yeah, Atobe unless his stats are significantly weaker than Yukimura's.
    What exactly constitutes significant in this case and whether they are or not, is something we cannot determine.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Getting a power up to Yips doesn't imply anything about his stats getting boosted.
    Then what does it imply? An ability of his has greatly improved so that now once a guy is yipped there will be no more ''Aura saved my life'' moments.
    An ability of his greatly improved but it doesnt imply he got better?? Oh right. It just decided to change? Doubt it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An aura or state of being does not effect a stat sheet, as shown with Kirihara. However, a new technique should at least raise the technique stat. The stat sheet is more referring to physical abilities like running speed, mentality, power, etc. When a character gets a new technique, it is usually the technique stat that will be effected.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Read equation again. I'm not teaching middle school math.
    Can you please read what I showed you. Since you CANNOT confirm Irie was fully serious with Irie.
    After Akiba, I now definetely feel Irie > Atobe regardless of injuries haha.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaoz, I don't believe that you said that even Atobe improved, he is at Yukimura level.

Yukimura's yips improved, and his stats are also stronger.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_...04/c027/4.html

There's no way Yukimura's stats didn't improve, also, he was the ONLY MS CHOSEN to face against No.11-20, that shows some skill. And about Atobe Kingdom, it can't work if Yukimura makes him run around the court, if Yukimura gets serious, he can score winners to him. Also, there's no time on how yips comes in. Kintarou got stomped by yips and only played one point, so Yukimura isn't limited to how fast can yips kick in unless the oponent is skilled enough to score points against him.

How can Atobe stand a chance against him? Seriously... that's too much. Yukimura's above pretty much everyone except Tezuka, Sanada (probably) and Echizen. Yukimura can't be beaten unless you have a powerful aura (only Tenimuhou and BA), Atobe's insight isn't enough.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you please read what I showed you. Since you CANNOT confirm Irie was fully serious with Irie.
    After Akiba, I now definetely feel Irie > Atobe regardless of injuries haha.
    Are you serious? In my equation, I state normal Irie. Not serious Irie. Serious Irie is ONLY in second equation. What that equation say is that you can't draw that Irie is stronger than Atobe and vice versa. If you dont understand, ask your math teacher. To say one is stronger right now between those two is just a matter of fanboyism, not fact from the manga. And I like debating about fact from manga, not debating on fanboyism.

EDIT: I'll try my best. Here,

Let's say

Pre Atobe Kingdom Atobe is 6
    Normal (or non serious) Irie is 9

Atobe Kingdom Atobe (uninjured) is X
    Serious Irie is Y

And we are given
    X>9
    Y>9

You can't draw any conclusion of whether or not X or Y (Atobe and Irie) is better in this case. You just can't.

If
    X=11
    Y=12

or

X=12
    Y=11

It will still satisfy the equation. This means that we can't know right know if Atobe and Irie is stronger than one another.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 15, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast