Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Yukimura Vs Atobe?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yukimura

17 85.00%
  • Atobe

3 15.00%
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

A fall isn't shown. That's not a fall. That's just a collapse from being owned. Look at the page before that

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c043/2.html

A fall that we've seen is after Atobe Kingdom is learn.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    A fall isn't shown. That's not a fall. That's just a collapse from being owned. Look at the page before that

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c043/2.html

A fall that we've seen is after Atobe Kingdom is learn.
    I usually call it falling when someone is running one minute, and then mid-sentence is suddenly face down on the ground the next. A collapse is still a fall. Granted, there was emphasis on the feet after AK which would suggest that is when the injury occurs. Either way, Atobe was still the same after both falls.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I usually call it falling when someone is running one minute, and then mid-sentence is suddenly face down on the ground the next. A collapse is still a fall. Granted, there was emphasis on the feet after AK which would suggest that is when the injury occurs. Either way, Atobe was still the same after both falls.
    He's the same? No, before the fall that injured his leg, Atobe who gained Atobe Kingdom is heavily suggest to get 4 straight point from Irie. That's what I would call dominated, if anything.

After the fall, Irie manage to manipulate him by dragging him around the field and make the match into epic tie breaker. From that, I would draw that Atobe > Irie. However, you mention "serious" Irie, so I was wrong on Atobe simply > Irie.

That's why I look into it and put it into equation that can be seen on the last page. So it's only that Atobe> "Normal" Irie, and statement that Serious Irie>Atobe or Atobe> Serious Irie cannot be drawn from the manga by using the information we currently have.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The serious Irie who faced Akiba wasn't the same as the Irie who faced Aobe.

Irie was holding back the whole time, even in the end he faked an arm injury and let 5th court win. He could have easily won the match if he went all out. Even with AK, Atobe doinated trolling Irie, but we don't know if serious Irie is dominated by AK, probably not, as irie could hit very fast balls to the corners and score winners.

Unless Atobe gets a very very strobg power up, he'll never defeat Irie or Yukimura.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    we don't know if serious Irie is dominated by AK
    Point he is trying to make.

Given that both sides have made the same points for a while now, how about we get back to Atobe vs Yukimura.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    The serious Irie who faced Akiba wasn't the same as the Irie who faced Aobe.

Irie was holding back the whole time, even in the end he faked an arm injury and let 5th court win. He could have easily won the match if he went all out. Even with AK, Atobe doinated trolling Irie, but we don't know if serious Irie is dominated by AK, probably not, as irie could hit very fast balls to the corners and score winners.

Unless Atobe gets a very very strobg power up, he'll never defeat Irie or Yukimura.
    Yeah, I'm done. This is exactly the same point I answer before. Look at that equation. I'm sick of repeating same point way too many time already. We don't know if serious Irie would be dominated by Atobe. But we also don't know if Atobe would be beaten by Irie.

The "probably not" is just assumption. Everyone can hit fast ball and score winner. And anyone can answer fast ball too.

I'm saying Irie>Atobe is assumption. And for me, it will be only opinion until anyone can show me evidence from manga that Irie>Atobe. Because from evidence I've seen so far that people show, it point to

"Serious Irie>Atobe or Atobe> Serious Irie cannot be drawn from the manga by using the information we currently have. "

"I think" is pretty much all assumption and opinion. I can say "I think Horio is actually super Irie that is number 0 1st stringer", but that'll be incredibly stupid. Because I don't use any evidence from manga to support that claim.

---

EDIT: Anyways, we're getting really far off topic. So here's also some food for thoughts,

This is pretty much suggest how high of a techniques Mach is. Even Yukimura isn't confident in returning it, it seem.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...08/c072/2.html

Well, lookie.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...8/c071/13.html
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 17, 2012 at 03:07 AM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's weird. Yukimura saying "if you're against that style, then it's impossible to return the ball"

Not sure but I think he's trolling a bit. You're... maybe he refers Atobe? Yukimura won't let Ochi take a game from him, he'll find a way to return Mach. A player who returned practically the strongest techniques in POT like FuuRinKainZanRai isn't suddenly uncapable of returning mach serve.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, it's Ochi. Shiraishi said Ochi's style of tennis, and Yukimura follow with "that style".

I don't think Yukimura is trolling. His face doesn't look like it. He also doesn't have a trolling personality, as far as I remember.

But I don't think this is testament as to how "weak" Yukimura is. It's a testament to how strong the genius ten is.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, it's Ochi. Shiraishi said Ochi's style of tennis, and Yukimura follow with "that style".

I don't think Yukimura is trolling. His face doesn't look like it. He also doesn't have a trolling personality, as far as I remember.

But I don't think this is testament as to how "weak" Yukimura is. It's a testament to how strong the genius ten is.
    Yes, even the weakest members are giving Atobe and Niou a hard time, I don't want to think what top 4 can do. But I'm sure top MS like Sanada, Yukimura and Echizen would breeze through No.10 to 6.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

based on current skills in the manga and not speculating on evolved potential , the winner... is Yukimura.
    theoretically these 2 have unlimited potential. I would probably think atobe woudl evovle, but that
    is personal bias, and not what the writer has written.

Atobe kingdom is good, but atobe cant counter hallucinatory yips. he might be able to play unconsciously, thus blocking out the psychological affects of yips, meaning his body and mind would control his actions, but it may not be enough to beat yuki's skills and that again is speculation and bias.
    I agree with other posters that favor Yukimura. Someone said his stats are better too. I'm not a yukimura fanboy either lol.

And why the HIDDEN POLL! wow when will the results be released?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless we see the actual Japanese raws, we have no clue what this actually meant. Even the guys who scanned the Chinese scanlations into English were confused by what he meant in reference to his "style."

I was curious as to what was originally said in the Japanese edition, as it seemed like a pretty weird thing to say. Ochi doesn't have a particular style of tennis; he just has a serve as fast as lightning.

And, for the record: Yukimura would murk Atobe. Look how Atobe's flailing around the bottom of the G10.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Unless we see the actual Japanese raws, we have no clue what this actually meant. Even the guys who scanned the Chinese scanlations into English were confused by what he meant in reference to his "style."

I was curious as to what was originally said in the Japanese edition, as it seemed like a pretty weird thing to say. Ochi doesn't have a particular style of tennis; he just has a serve as fast as lightning.

And, for the record: Yukimura would murk Atobe. Look how Atobe's flailing around the bottom of the G10.
    6-0 and Atobe gets stomped. And yes, having problems against the weakest members of G10 while Yukimura would crush them.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Yukimura made that kinda statement at the Nationals. He says only he has the capabilities of beating Sanada.
    But Echizen does it minutes after. I know Ryoma is the plot-power exception but I wouldnt even bet on what Konomi makes his characters say.
    Kaoz and I had a discussion of how Konomi makes his characters say stuff that are different to what the storyline suggests.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Also, Atobe cant even CONFIDENTLY return Mach Serve. He didnt actually ''counter'' it, since Mach Serve is so amazing that it still gets past Atobe.
    So he didnt break Mach Serve, he just returns it every now and then.

Im only suggesting Yuki can return it since Konomi gave Yukimura the hack final-boss ability to return ALL special shots. He didnt realize he was gonna continue PoT so Yuki was left with a hack-ability like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Konomi has his characters say things and then contradict those quotes all the time.

Everyone: "They'll never be able to return the ball from that serve."

Atobe: *Returns the ball*

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe is great, he's a king, but Yuki is a Demi-God, almost unbeatable. It would be an etertaining match, Atobe would give a fight, but we all know how it's gonna end.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast