Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

11 21.57%
  • Good

27 52.94%
  • Average

11 21.57%
  • Bad

2 3.92%
New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Bleach 493 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 493 Discussion / 494 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by union98 View Post
    Goku had waaaaaaaay more than that. Besides his various super saiyan levels, he was a fighting genius. He was good at discovering other character's weaknesses and figuring out a way to win even when he wasn't stronger than the person he was fighting (yes yes the dragonballs plotkai-balls helped). Goku could also blast, was super fast, super strong, teleportation, telepathy, that dragon uppercut thing...etc. Hell, even pikachu has a new attack (don't ask me how I know). I would have to say it's about time for Ichigo to get some new attacks because I agree with everyone else here, it's difficult to picture Ichigo fighting stronger opponents the same way he does now. The reason the ulquiorra fight was so epic was because we saw not only different attacks, but actual strategy. He threw a giant boulder to distract Ulquiorra, then he sneaked in behind it in order to get into striking range. He'd vanish from site only to reappear kicking Ulquiorra in the head. These are the types of attacks and strategy I'd like to see from Ichigo. Not just charging in head on hoping that one of his Getsuga's will break through and hurt the opponent. Because as it stands now, Ichigo with his lack of skill seems like one of the weakest characters to me. Shunsui would absolutely WTFPWN him even though strenghthwise, he's probably weaker.
    he mostly just relayed on kamehemeha and spirit gun for got about this the speed and power boost are usually not consider new attacks if so ichigos various hollow forms and other forms would be counted and telapy and genius are not attacks. most of the time he relayed on kamehameha especially when fighting a powerful opponent. even vegeta had more big signature moves. every one else had basic ki blast those were never counted in signature attacks. we saw ichigo use a slashed that looked like a reitsu attack but was useless what is the point ginjou blocked it. also the dragon punch was filler only used in a movie and in GT. ichigo wont get new attacks he will rely in his huge spiritual energy and power. he is skillful when he wants to. i just think people want new things to much when they are usually just a waste of time. right now ichigo is probably the strongest shinigami even with his dangai form. so who cares about new attacks when they are never gone happen just a waste of time. what i have trying to say is the side character usually have more attacks then the main character don ask me why. but we have seen this all the time goku had his attacks but vegeta had more and even piccolo and gohas. like with ichigo compared to to others yes it sucks. creator usually want to limit the main characters cause they are usually the under dogs. dont worry about that MC make up for this with strong will and usually something special about them. but whatever i know people will still want more. so at the end there is no point arguing cause people will never be happy.
    Last edited by NAM61; May 29, 2012 at 03:05 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, lets get back on topic as far as predictions go. No more DBZ comparisons. DBZ is DBZ and Bleach is bleach. If you want DBZ, go read DBZ. :P

I think we are going to know who the 5 specials are by the next two chapters. And I was thinking: Who is the only one with a ranged bankai? Byakuya. So he can fight these dudes somewhat. Ukitake can return blasts, so he must be one of the specials {unless he gets sick in which its FML for him}. Ichigo, and then the CC. WHo is the last one? Mayuri for studying the Quincy? Either him or Aizen. Maybe Aizen has nothing to do with the specials as well. I honestly believe they will beat SS, and Aizen will hurt them, make them retreat, only to be a threat to SS afterwards. And so they will fight on two ends: The Quincy and Aizen. A possibility? Yes. Probably going to happen? No. LOL. Just a thought though. But I do think those 5 I mentioned above are the "Specials" that they are talking about.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Also, how accurate is the wikipedia page?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...h#cite_note-43

It says Ishin is wearing a 0 squad captain uniform.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member unusualangel's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by union98 View Post
    Goku had waaaaaaaay more than that. Besides his various super saiyan levels, he was a fighting genius. He was good at discovering other character's weaknesses and figuring out a way to win even when he wasn't stronger than the person he was fighting (yes yes the dragonballs plotkai-balls helped). Goku could also blast, was super fast, super strong, teleportation, telepathy, that dragon uppercut thing...etc. Hell, even pikachu has a new attack (don't ask me how I know). I would have to say it's about time for Ichigo to get some new attacks because I agree with everyone else here, it's difficult to picture Ichigo fighting stronger opponents the same way he does now. The reason the ulquiorra fight was so epic was because we saw not only different attacks, but actual strategy. He threw a giant boulder to distract Ulquiorra, then he sneaked in behind it in order to get into striking range. He'd vanish from site only to reappear kicking Ulquiorra in the head. These are the types of attacks and strategy I'd like to see from Ichigo. Not just charging in head on hoping that one of his Getsuga's will break through and hurt the opponent. Because as it stands now, Ichigo with his lack of skill seems like one of the weakest characters to me. Shunsui would absolutely WTFPWN him even though strenghthwise, he's probably weaker.
    he jus did when he getsuga tenshou'd the star shaped halo thing of Quilge.. which is actually a sneak attack.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The number of Isshin's haori was never shown.
    All we saw was a ripped haori rolled around his shoulder. We can only say it's a haori cause we can see the bottom pattern.

I am betting on Yuriuichi as one of the specials. It's taking too long to show her again and her clan has special weapons/things.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Oh, but i don't remember if there was anything about it on databooks. Gotta re-read things...

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

LOL
    Quote Quote:
    Bleach manga; chapter 188, page 2.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-642-3/...apter-188.html

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also feel ichigo needs something new. While I kind of like how ichigo is t as powerful as he was against aizen I felt kind of ripped off seeing ichigo gain new moves and forms that he can never use again. Why can't he fire a cero at least? Why not make a smaller or incomplete version of mugetsu? Ichig is always going to be stuck in sticky situations because everyone knows his moves. I wish he could do isshins finger flick thing. You could Toss aizen types around all day with that. Isshin probably could have broke this Quincy's helmet thing with it. Now on another note wouldnt the Quincy's weakness in this ultimate form be the tool they use to release this form? Break that then what'll happen?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haarisa View Post
    Guys, lets get back on topic as far as predictions go. No more DBZ comparisons. DBZ is DBZ and Bleach is bleach. If you want DBZ, go read DBZ. :P

I think we are going to know who the 5 specials are by the next two chapters. And I was thinking: Who is the only one with a ranged bankai? Byakuya. So he can fight these dudes somewhat. Ukitake can return blasts, so he must be one of the specials {unless he gets sick in which its FML for him}. Ichigo, and then the CC. WHo is the last one? Mayuri for studying the Quincy? Either him or Aizen. Maybe Aizen has nothing to do with the specials as well. I honestly believe they will beat SS, and Aizen will hurt them, make them retreat, only to be a threat to SS afterwards. And so they will fight on two ends: The Quincy and Aizen. A possibility? Yes. Probably going to happen? No. LOL. Just a thought though. But I do think those 5 I mentioned above are the "Specials" that they are talking about.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Also, how accurate is the wikipedia page?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...h#cite_note-43

It says Ishin is wearing a 0 squad captain uniform.
    1. I agree totally. Any comparisons between any manga and another should be left well away from chapter review boards
    2. If you remember her fight against Barragan, Soi Fon also possesses a ranged bankai. Granted her's would be practically useless against the Quincy, but the point still stands

Anyway, in regards to the 'specials' I would say that Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin would have to appear as they are no longer affiliated with Soul Society, but incredibly powerful in their own right.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    he mostly just relayed on kamehemeha and spirit gun for got about this the speed and power boost are usually not consider new attacks if so ichigos various hollow forms and other forms would be counted and telapy and genius are not attacks. most of the time he relayed on kamehameha especially when fighting a powerful opponent. even vegeta had more big signature moves. every one else had basic ki blast those were never counted in signature attacks. we saw ichigo use a slashed that looked like a reitsu attack but was useless what is the point ginjou blocked it. also the dragon punch was filler only used in a movie and in GT. ichigo wont get new attacks he will rely in his huge spiritual energy and power. he is skillful when he wants to. i just think people want new things to much when they are usually just a waste of time. right now ichigo is probably the strongest shinigami even with his dangai form. so who cares about new attacks when they are never gone happen just a waste of time. what i have trying to say is the side character usually have more attacks then the main character don ask me why. but we have seen this all the time goku had his attacks but vegeta had more and even piccolo and gohas. like with ichigo compared to to others yes it sucks. creator usually want to limit the main characters cause they are usually the under dogs. dont worry about that MC make up for this with strong will and usually something special about them. but whatever i know people will still want more. so at the end there is no point arguing cause people will never be happy.
    ok this is the last i'lll bring up of dbz, and as pointed out earlier this is not to compare mangas, as they are different in many many ways, however they all do have one thing in common, they are shonen and many if not most shonen mangas have fairly generic main characters, thus was born the comparisons, for all those who are annoyed, there's no need to be rude and tell ppl off and to go read Dbz if thats what they want

thhx, much appreciated

as for this quote Nam61....u really could have avoided it by simply loookin up goku, if u havent seen dbz like most of us its understandable however its well known fact that despite his kamehameha spamming Goku was capable and displayed MANY atacks but here's some help cuz i dont remeber them all

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Lis...s_Used_by_Goku

this is a far cry from 'he only used the kamehhameha'

------------------------------------

if anything with his many power basis' (Shinigami, Hollow and FB) Ichigo can always take from ppl he's fought since he should be able to use many types of attacks it was often talked about during his training with ginjo how quickly he adapts and how quick he was to 'create' attacks based on the need of the situation....which brings me back to his many power sources, it seemed like during the FB arc we were teased into thinking he was starting to find ways to create new abilities, that this would translate when he got his shinigami powers back....and yet we go right back to GT in the end...of course its still early so who knows

meh, cant wait for tommorow's chapter, in terms of the 5 specials...im very interested but yet believe its too early imo to make guesses, i dont really feel like these ppl will be revealed anytime soon, im not sure i see any indication as to why they should be since there's still ALOT left to explain in this whole situation,, i think we may even get a TBTP arc before we get to the 5 specials since they are clearly pppl who will affect the current situation...however we still dont even kno why exactly this is all happening so imho it may be a while before we get more info on those 5, at first i had speculated Orihime might be one too, but now im not so sure if the other 4 arent completely new ppl...i jus wonder if Ichigo being known as one early isnt to keep us guessing/interested for a long time

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

shit then again they tried to attack ichigo first so maybe those 5 are the first ppl they'll go after
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; May 30, 2012 at 01:03 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11