Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    2 1.37%
  • 2 (Average)

    2 1.37%
  • 3 (Good)

    17 11.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

    66 45.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

    53 36.30%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    6 4.11%
New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 279

Thread: One Piece 668 Discussion

  1. #241
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Can someone explain to me, who Joker is, because I don't remember ever hearing his name.

  2. #242
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    I don't think Luffy can handle both the slime and CC at the same time.
    Anyway big enemies like that are always a way for Oda to demonstrate the crew team combo attacks and I think this one won't make exception. The slime can be a good way to see the long range attacks from Nami, Usopp and Franky.

    ---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Can someone explain to me, who Joker is, because I don't remember ever hearing his name.
    read the posts from previous page and above, their are plenty of discussion and links about Joker

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #243
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Can someone explain to me, who Joker is, because I don't remember ever hearing his name.
    Why don't you read the chapters then? o_O Joker has been mentionned first in chapter 664, in the same chapter in which Caesar was shown first in his human form.

  5. #244
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jet Piston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    I don't see luffy one shotting anything in the new world at this point. I think everyone one/ thing in the new world takes effort to defeat. Unless you are Law.

  6. #245
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Piston View Post
    I don't see luffy one shotting anything in the new world at this point. I think everyone one/ thing in the new world takes effort to defeat. Unless you are Law.
    what makes law stronger than luffy? the bounty?? well,if it's that,luff's bounty is wrong comparing to his current strength,since he has been improving for 2 years. you say so just because law has already one-shotted someone,but this doesn't imply that luffy can't: remember how he defeated those fishmen (I know they aren't actually in the NW),or how he one-shotted franky in chopper's yeti body.

  7. #246
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Whats the point of training for 2 years and your power stay the same lv as those who did not train?

  8. #247
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    with ya mom!..
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what makes law stronger than luffy? the bounty?? well,if it's that,luff's bounty is wrong comparing to his current strength,since he has been improving for 2 years. you say so just because law has already one-shotted someone,but this doesn't imply that luffy can't: remember how he defeated those fishmen (I know they aren't actually in the NW),or how he one-shotted franky in chopper's yeti body.
    He didn't even mention the bounty.. Geez, with Law's DF it's easier for him to defeat enimies because he can control anything within the Room. It was wrong to imply that Law 'one shot' a lot in The New World, but it's easier for him than it is for Luffy.
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

  9. #248
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jet Piston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what makes law stronger than luffy? the bounty?? well,if it's that,luff's bounty is wrong comparing to his current strength,since he has been improving for 2 years. you say so just because law has already one-shotted someone,but this doesn't imply that luffy can't: remember how he defeated those fishmen (I know they aren't actually in the NW),or how he one-shotted franky in chopper's yeti body.
    1) The fishmen weren't in the NW and he never one shotted the strongest of fishmen (Hodi and Jinbei)

    2) Law has be shown to in the manga to have easily defeated two people that luffy couldn't even touch (yeti bros).

    3) One shotting chopper? Next.

    4) Law has been in the New world for a while and has reached the level of shishibukai. He has experience that luffy does not. Everyone in the new world has at least experience fighting haki users. Luffy is not just going to haki punch people in the new world. It doesn't work like that.


    5) I make my statements on fact not opinion.

  10. #249
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    P.Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Country
    Kenya
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Piston View Post
    2) Law has be shown to in the manga to have easily defeated two people that luffy couldn't even touch (yeti bros).
    5) I make my statements on fact not opinion.
    luffy was jerking around with franky in chopper and was generally not taking the fight as seriously as he should have...he injured rock with his own bullets and franky in chopper finished the job...law only dealt with the second yeti bro scotch, first bifurcating him then using a shock attack on his torso...the point you are trying to drive across is clear but saying he couldn't touch them is a bit much

    finally, strength comparison aside...law's df makes it much easier for him to deal with opponents in one neat attack unlike luffy's brute force attacks...this is a fact and i believe the point unknown mugiwara and matiaildivino are trying to make
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo


  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #250
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Piston View Post
    1) The fishmen weren't in the NW and he never one shotted the strongest of fishmen (Hodi and Jinbei)

    2) Law has be shown to in the manga to have easily defeated two people that luffy couldn't even touch (yeti bros).

    3) One shotting chopper? Next.

    4) Law has been in the New world for a while and has reached the level of shishibukai. He has experience that luffy does not. Everyone in the new world has at least experience fighting haki users. Luffy is not just going to haki punch people in the new world. It doesn't work like that.


    5) I make my statements on fact not opinion.


    Oh wow.

    1- Luffy pwned Hody, but he was lucky that he went to the sea
    2- Implying Luffy was serious and trying hard to beat them...
    4- How does it work ?
    5- No, they aren't based on facts, you can't say Law is more stronger than Luffy because of what happened against the two bros, they aren't facts, they are nothing, we can't judge their strenght based on that little skirmish.
    Last edited by matzik1212; May 28, 2012 at 03:38 PM.

  13. #251
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jet Piston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post

    Oh wow.

    1- Luffy pwned Hody, but he was lucky that he went to the sea
    2- Implying Luffy was serious and trying hard to beat them...
    4- How does it work ?
    5- No, they aren't based on facts, you can't say Law is more stronger than Luffy because of what happened against the two bros, they aren't facts, they are nothing, we can't judge their strenght based on that little skirmish.
    I never said Law was stronger than Luffy. I said luffy wasn't going to haki punch everything in the new world partly because of the experience everyone has. I don't see why people don't get that. People were saying a few pages back that luffy was going to haki punch the slime monster as if that would work. The only person we have seen so far in this arc take out strong opponents with ease was Law. So maybe Law is stronger than luffy. It took luffy a long time to beat Hodi. In fact I could make an argument that Zoro faired better than luffy but I wont go there. My point is lets get off this bandwagon of luffy is going to beat everything up when he is not. I'm not even sure if he could beat big moms subordinates with ease.
    Last edited by matzik1212; May 28, 2012 at 03:39 PM.

  14. #252
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    It took Luffy a long time, who is a DF user, to defeat a Fishman under drugs in the water, even WB would have some trouble in the water.
    Why wouldn't he Haki punch Slime ? He will do it, and he won't do it, it's up to him anyway, and I fail to see what's this have to do with what you said.

    Never said Luffy could pwn anyone, but as I said some long time ago (and I will still say it), Luffy is in between mid-tier/top-tier (yeah I'm bringing that whole Rayleigh training argument again), I can see him defeating BM just like how he did against Crocodile. As I said, it would make no sense for Luffy to struggle THAT much against freaking subordinates of BM, or else he might just go back to train a little bit more.

  15. #253
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jet Piston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It took Luffy a long time, who is a DF user, to defeat a Fishman under drugs in the water, even WB would have some trouble in the water.
    Why wouldn't he Haki punch Slime ? He will do it, and he won't do it, it's up to him anyway, and I fail to see what's this have to do with what you said.

    Never said Luffy could pwn anyone, but as I said some long time ago (and I will still say it), Luffy is in between mid-tier/top-tier (yeah I'm bringing that whole Rayleigh training argument again), I can see him defeating BM just like how he did against Crocodile. As I said, it would make no sense for Luffy to struggle THAT much against freaking subordinates of BM, or else he might just go back to train a little bit more.
    Training doesn't make you stronger than everyone. Rayleigh only taught him that basics so he could survive. He didn't make him invincible. There is no way he could fight big mom or any yonkou at this point. The new world is a completely different animal. Everyone is strong, everyone has experienced haki or knows haki, everyone has fought df, everyone is looking to be at the top. This is the new world. For example did Ace ever beat WB? Just saying.

  16. #254
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    Spoiler: A strong pirate from the New World show


    Seriously, not all pirates in the New World are strong and know Haki and stuff, which is why many of them either try to become a Yonkou's subordinate or flee to the first half of the Grand Line. There's no doubt about that Luffy needs to defeat some Yonkou to prove his claim to be the coming King of Pirates. There's also no doubt about that Luffy can't defeat them right away nor the experienced combattants and commanders of a Yonkou crew. Those will be exhaustive fights.

    Therefore Law already warned them in this chapter that they would need an opportunity and a plan. But that never meant that "everyone" in the New World would be strong nor that Law with his surprise attack was stronger than Luffy who wasn't only fighting the Yeti Cool Bros. but also Monster Chopper...

  17. #255
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

    NewWorld - BM
    The NW is over-hyped. If the SN survived in the new world, you can be damn sure the SHs would have survived and gained battle strength if they entered in two years ago. The real point in training and Rayleighs proposal was to stand up against last tier calibre. So while I mostly agree with all of ur opinion, Im more with Zehahaha on this, Im pretty sure Luffy could beat BM right now in a one-o-one, just as he did with Crocodile by a lot of struggle and plot flavour.

    Yonko in question

    Ppl are putting way too much thoughts into the blank speech bubble. Remember Kumas discussion with Rayleigh or Hodis true motive? In both cases blank lines were used, which turned out to be predictable. Same case here, the emperor in question is most likely Big Mom.

    In my opinion those blank lines are just a marketing strategy of Oda/Shueisha. Its just to stir up a tension among the OP fanbase. Its all about sales and money. After all the manga industry is a huge business.

New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts