Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.37%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.37%
  • 3 (Good)

17 11.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

66 45.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

53 36.30%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

6 4.11%
New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 668 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Can someone explain to me, who Joker is, because I don't remember ever hearing his name.
    well if i know who tobi is from naruto. i would know who joker is right now.

a single pirate who beat the 4 emperor will be the king of pirate. i think roger did that as well. he beat every emperor. and thats why they call him king of pirate.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    a single pirate who beat the 4 emperor will be the king of pirate. i think roger did that as well. he beat every emperor. and thats why they call him king of pirate.
    Nonsense! Roger is known as the first human (since the era of the world government) to ever set foot on Raftel. He was known as the PK because he conquered as the only one the grand line. Furthermore he never defeated Whitebeard, so alone by that ur logic fails. And I honestly don't think the Yonko were established back then. Im pretty confident they came after the start of the great pirate age, just as the Shcihubkai did.

The one who finds One Piece and consequently conquers the grandline (Raftel) will be the next PK. You don't necessarily need to defeat the Yonko. While I easily see the balance of the three great powers crumble, because of Luffy, I don't necessarily see each individual Yonko falling (definitely not Shanks).

PS: I think Tobi is some sort of living genjutsu/clone of Madara.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Nonsense! Roger is known as the first human (since the era of the world government) to ever set foot on Raftel. He was known as the PK because he conquered as the only one the grand line. Furthermore he never defeated Whitebeard, so alone by that ur logic fails. And I honestly don't think the Yonko were established back then. Im pretty confident they came after the start of the great pirate age, just as the Shcihubkai did.

The one who finds One Piece and consequently conquers the grandline (Raftel) will be the next PK. You don't necessarily need to defeat the Yonko. While I easily see the balance of the three great powers crumble, because of Luffy, I don't necessarily see each individual Yonko falling (definitely not Shanks).

PS: I think Tobi is some sort of living genjutsu/clone of Madara.
    but now it a different generation of pirate. now who ever want to be king of the pirate. need to defeat the yonko, luffy already has plans on beating shanks to proof who got the best team. he will start a war with big mom for fishman island and he want revenge on blackbeard. soo in the new world he will have a reason for fighting kaido.
    unless kaido is the 1 law want to be and they do it. after that luffy will beat the other 1 for reasons we already know.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand where ur thoughts are coming from, but I don't think Luffy will defeat all four. He wil only need to defeat those who are standing in his way.

• BB is fated, foreshadowed and for sure given. I believe everyone agrees on that.
    • Shanks might be, but definitely not a must. I could see a friendly/rivalry fight, but I tend to believe they will just talk and do party. Either way, he will most likely end up helping Luffy in the great war against the WG, after Luffy became PK.
    • Kaido is a question mark, since we have to less knowledge about his character. He could turn out to be a enemy, neutral or even a friend. I tend to believe its the second. I don't think they will fight, he might get defeated by someone else, if at all.
    • BM is foreshadowed and at this point most certainly the first Yonko Luffy will face. If by any off chance (which I don't see happen at all) Law wants to fight Kaido, then Im almost sure BM will get defeated by someone else (Kidd?!). However at this point Im fairly certain Luffy will defeat her.
    Even though there is almost no chance at all, I would love to see BM getting defeated offpanel. I would rly love the twist of Law and Luffy fighting Kaido. Of all the emperors Im the most interesting in him. Because there are some events tied to hm, which needs to be more explained. Starting with Moria vs Kaido, Drake X reasons for targeting him and most importantly his reasons to intervene WB vs MHQ. Consequently Im also interested in his talk/skirmish with Shanks.

Anyway, Luffy will definitely fight two of the four Yonko. But not necessarily all four.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Friendly fight with Shanks? God that will be boring! Luffy is a pirate now not some kid anymore.Shanks looks at Luffy as his rival and a seed that will grow to become the next pirate king. That's why he made that promise to Luffy that if ever they meet again, they should both stand at the top. Luffy must take down Shanks in a serious battle to prove that he's the strongest and have the right to be called the pirate king. Well, they might just party after a serious fight that's just how they are. Come on people, hadn't you understand even a bit what the promise Oda made is about? Am I the only one thinking like this? Geez.. in my pants.

RED HAWK!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Can someone explain to me, who Joker is, because I don't remember ever hearing his name.
    Actually i was about to give you wiki url about joker, but i found they are pretty wrong on their explanation. Because, what CC says on chp 664 doesn't imply Joker is the boss from whom CC got permission to kill SHs. His lines are perfectly consistent with someone else being the big fish behind CC and Joker.

But dont worry, despite previous discussion on this forum, which I also recomend you to read, everybody is asking at some degree who the hell is that joker.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner robtheyonko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 668 Spoiler Discussion

This was a great chapter. Loved Law's reaction to Chopper being tied to his head. He was like OMFG what have i gotten myself into.

As for the yonko my guess is that they are going after Kaido. Oda never makes things that easy for the Straw Hats so that would put Big Mom out of the question. I highly doubt that it would be Shanks considering the promise Luffy and Shanks made and I know Luffy wants to fight him with his own strength. And obviously not Blackbeard because Luffy's facial expression would've shown anger. So that leaves Kaido, and if that is the case then I am guessing that Law will try to get Drake in on it as well since Drake has shown to have something against Kaido.

---------- Post added May 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was May 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

I have been thinking and I might know who Big Mam is. It might be Nami's friend from Thriller Bark, Lola's mother. idk its just a hunch but Lola said that her mom is a great pirate, that is really the only thing I got as a hint but it would make for an interesting plot twist.
    Last edited by robtheyonko; May 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

IF they were to fight, I don't think it'll be anything but an epic, full throttle fight.

But in my opinion, they will not fight. There are other ways to prove you're above Shanks. The most obvious one being that Blackbeard takes down Shanks (as he has foreshadowed at the end of the war), so if Luffy beats Blackbeard, naturally, he is above Shanks. I absolutely agree with Blackhair on this topic though.

Related to this week's discussion, what I have just said means that I think now is not the time to pit Blackbeard or Shanks against Luffy or Law- again, in my opinion, unless the alliance were to go horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by VegetarianWolf View Post
    Friendly fight with Shanks? God that will be boring! Luffy is a pirate now not some kid anymore.Shanks looks at Luffy as his rival and a seed that will grow to become the next pirate king. That's why he made that promise to Luffy that if ever they meet again, they should both stand at the top. Luffy must take down Shanks in a serious battle to prove that he's the strongest and have the right to be called the pirate king. Well, they might just party after a serious fight that's just how they are. Come on people, hadn't you understand even a bit what the promise Oda made is about? Am I the only one thinking like this? Geez.. in my pants.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Qatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard will be the last one who will fight luffy for One Piece, about Shanks is way too early for luffy to fight him since blackbeard himself said it's too early for him to face someone like shanks in the end of the last era. I think Kaido is the potential 1 to fight. Chapter is awesome but still a lot of "?" marks that need to be clear. about the new monster "slime" I think he's heading for smoker & again luffy will be the one who saves smoker's life like he did in Arabasta and that's Smoker won't report Law and luffy involvements in the disaster but he'll mention that the straw-hats are the ones who solved the problem the same way in arabasta.

1 more predection blackbeard will fight shanks and beat him. that's when luffy rage will go crazy against blackbeard
    Last edited by luffy-qatar; May 29, 2012 at 05:08 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

indeed,shanks is off-limits since luffy would have to give him the straw hat back. btw,I think some time will pass before this fight,maybe law and luffy will meet again after some arcs,while law will prepare his plan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i doubt shanks and luffy will fight. i believe luffy's mission to be greater thank shank's crew does not entail having them to fight against each other

luffy only needs to return the straw hat shanks entrusted to him. then again after that happens, shanks will tell luffy to keep it

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, where in the world is Law's crew? I havenot seen them anywhere. Concerning about the topic Shank vs Luffy, that most likely wont happen due to the relationship between them.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i also don't think we'll see a fight between Luffy and Shanks but still that doesn't make me not wish we could see him soon

Maybe that's why i have a feeling Law must have mentioned Shanks while explaining to Luffy about who the Yonkou is and that would explain Luffy's reaction.

As for the rest of Law's crew i also hope in the next chapters we'll have an answer to that . This mystery surrounding them makes me think of numerous possibilities as to what happened to them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the reason for the Heart Pirates only being mentioned in this chapter might be pretty simple: I think Law's crew isn't on PH because they wouldn't serve any purpose in this plot at the moment, and readers might become annoyed by Bepo and his "Aiaiaiaiaiai" battle cry as they were with Sanji's nosebleed. And SaboShachi and SaboPenguin were kinda useless so far.

But them appearing in Usopp's outcry on the alliance between Mugiwara and Heart Pirates should be some sort of hint that they actually are well and alive.

About Shanks being the target... I don't think so. Shanks seems to me to be predestined to fight (and lose?) against Blackbeard ever since Oda made Teach the one being responsible for the eye scar. Teach retreating in Marineford while saying that it's not the time to fight Shanks and the Akagami Pirates amplified the impression to me.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    Also, where in the world is Law's crew? I havenot seen them anywhere.
    before meeting with luffy,law told him that both of them had things they wanted to give back...I think he was actually talkin' about his crew,which is obviously unable to gather with law any longer. he should ask for luffy's help,though,but he was even reluctant to help luffy's crewmates now... that's weird!

New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast