Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.37%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.37%
  • 3 (Good)

17 11.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

66 45.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

53 36.30%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

6 4.11%
New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: One Piece 668 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    before meeting with luffy,law told him that both of them had things they wanted to give back...I think he was actually talkin' about his crew,which is obviously unable to gather with law any longer. he should ask for luffy's help,though,but he was even reluctant to help luffy's crewmates now... that's weird!
    Could you post the page/chapter with the passage you mentioned?

His lone appearance can be explained easily as mentioned somewhere in this thread: There's no need strays on a forbidden island, where Law can achieve his goal just as fast as with his crew[him being the brain of his crew]. What is obvious about him not being able to gather his crew? The shichibukai title shouldn't be a hindrance as seen with Boa, Moriah or Blackbeard. Maybe it's not weird and there's no problem at all with his crew. Just like the Mugiwaras could seperate for two years to achieve a common goal, Laws should be capable of doing so in a smaller scale, especially when he's a potential candidate for the PK title too.
    Firm but Fair

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnet 663
    Law: You'll find what you're looking for there. I'm sure we'll meet again. We both have things... we need to reclaim
    Quote Originally Posted by MS 667
    Law: There are only two ways to survive in the new world..!! Go under the umbrella of one of the emperors or continually challenge them
    Quote Originally Posted by cnet 662
    Law: Remember this, lady Marine...The weak...don't get to choose how they die
    Connecting all of Laws harsh statement of reality, I immediately remembered Moria, who lost his whole crew to Kaido or Crocodile, who was crushed by WB. Both spoke of true words based on personal experience facing a Yonko.

Considering their similar character based on the NW and now seeing a crew less Law on PH, I think he tasted defeat against a emperor. I further believe his crew was taken from him. Thus his current agenda must be to have revenge and to get back what he lost.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Law taking his sweet time[months] to search for some important key on a abandoned[excluding his "partner" and henchman] island doesn't hint to him being in a hurry, deductively no crew being missed/lost. In consideration of his portrayal from right before the Time-Skip and him mentioning that he will stay at the Paradise side for as long as he sees fit until things have cleared up, an early encounter with a Younkou seems very unlikely. Could have happened though, but it's nowhere near my ideal plot line.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 29, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Firm but Fair

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Law spoke like he had a crew in the last chapter ? I agree with Schabrack on that, the revenge theory does not make really much sense.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

People who enjoyed the body swap should give a try to this :-)
    There's a supernatural phenomenon between my legs... ok I move on !

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The mangastream version doesn't have Luffy mention a plural when he adresses Law, while the Panda one does.

MS page 1 - MP page 1
    MS page 13 - MP page 13
    Firm but Fair

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Law wanted to be a Shichi, not necessarily stay on paradise. We know for sure he appeared just month before current events on PH. So basically we have no information on his life for more than a year. God knows what might have happened. Even if Law wanted to avoid direct conflicts with a Yonko, he might have faced bad luck. Remember the strongest swordsman hunting down some fodder pirates back in east blue? Mihawk handled purely on his whim. We also know BM can be moody as she destroys country's because of candy. So a battle with a Yonko isn't rly out of question.

Regardless the only weakpoint I see in my theory is Laws crew. I can't imagine a Yonko taking his crew captive. But on the other hand I can't seem to find a better explanation for his missing crew. Maybe he was forced to abandon them as he became a Warlord or Joker had sth to do with them.. Anyway, I will side with the Yonko theory for now.

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Didn't Law spoke like he had a crew in the last chapter ?
    I don't rly remember anything which might hint to his crews whereabouts.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Smoker ins't dead(yet),i wonder what part he will play in this plot. Since i am pretty sure both Smoker and Tashigi will get there body back,and in order to do so i think they will probably join the new alliance from Luffy and Traffy at least for time to defite Slime.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

And about Traffy and his crew,i don't personally think that anything have happened to them. Imo Law thought to come in Punk hazard just to investigate and that it would be much easier for him to go alone in Island. I think that we will probably see them as soon as they take off Punk hazard.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think most members here think, that the yonkou they will face, will be Big Mam because of some hints through the chapters:

1.) Blackbeard: Luffy`s expression didn`t show the grudge he bears for that bastard

2.) Shanks: Come on.... no way Luffy would agree taking down Shanks ... They will meet at their summit of power

3.) Kaido: That`s a thought, but as we all know Luffy doesn`t care about the facts going on in the world and as far as I know, Luffy was never introduced to Kaido as a Yonkou, so I think he would have acted like: "?? Who the hell is that ??"

4.) Big Mam: She was a target for Luffy since FI, and his smile after mentioning the name would just fit perfectly.

for me the biggest twist would be if Luffy would be amused to just go and take down Shanks just for fun...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see that Law is going to the first crew alliance Luffy gains. WhiteBeard had dozens of them. If Luffy wants to be pirate king then it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some strong captains on your side. We might see a mini war.

I think it will be Shanks they go after. If it were Big Mom then the author would have just let it be known publicly to the readers instead of building suspense.

A little scuffle between Luffy and Shanks would be nice.

New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19