Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.37%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.37%
  • 3 (Good)

17 11.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

66 45.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

53 36.30%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

6 4.11%
New Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 668 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    It's an interesting point you put, but in conjunction in the way Sabo died, it just wasn't emotional at all.
    Did you read chapter 589 ? If that's not emotional, nothing will ever be. :/ Why did you switch to Soda in the last post?XD

Lutzu
    I'm not declined for a reappearence of Sabo, but it was Oda, that drew a fictional cover with all three alive, with Ace not having a messed up tattoo. I'm sure he didn't write it all on his own, as there are quiet a few mistakes in them, but when it's confirmed twice, facts speak against him being alive. And is there a HQ raw with the 668 cover? One showing three cups? Three cups could be for WB/Ace/mourner. Sake isn't exclusive to ASL. That page in 589 is the sole reason, why hope for Sabo still exists, that can't be denied.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    I really can't get my head around why some say he's certain dead with that page, there is neither proof for his death nor him being alive:
    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    It has been whitnessed by Dogura, pointed out in the recap in One Piece Green and repeated in Sabo's character description One Piece Blue Deep that Sabo was "shot dead by a Tenryuubito". And then Oda created that "what if" scenario on the cover of chapter 596 showing that if Sabo was still alive Ace's Tattoo would have looked different.

Sabo being alive is as possible as Luffy having been in the New World placing those goods there. It is more plausible that one of the former Spade or Whitebeard Pirates knew his captain that well enough to put them there. Seeing that box, it could have been Dadan or Garp, too.

BTW... That part of the image was covered by Shanks in chapter 596.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 24, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Schabrak:for me how the flashback was and that page in ch 589 and this cover i belive 100% that he is alive,we don't have HQ raw yet but i'm sure there are 3 cups and if it was for Ace/WB/mourner i don't think Oda would put them just in front of Ace grave,i think it was for Ace alone and that Sabo put them there and the article from newspaper.About the databook for me there are the"facts" that the people in manga belive that he is dead(Dogura confirmed in the databook what he sawin the manga that his ship got blown just that and that "he was dead shot" and i find hard to belive that Oda would say in a databook something else from what he put in the manga for a character that he has future plans,like i sad in the databook those "facts" are confirmed for characters in the manga not for us),belive me but for us readears Oda put that page to think about it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a long time since i last posted here, but... here's my take. Certain keywords that points that the alliance target is Big Mom.

Candies, children growing BIG, children getting addicted to the candy/sweets that CC gave them.

It might be possible that BIG MOM's enormous size and her being addicted to candies/sweets can be linked to CC.

But yeah. Whatever. A prediction on a prediction page.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzu View Post
    About the databook for me there are the"facts" that the people in manga belive that he is dead(Dogura confirmed in the databook what he sawin the manga that his ship got blown just that and that "he was dead shot"
    So, you don't shoot with a cannon? Jalmack had one.

BTW... Next week should have some fake spoilers about "Sabo being seen alive on the cover." Even though this week's one is the last part of the "From the Decks of the World" secret episode.
    Last edited by hoeru; May 24, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzu View Post
    belive me but for us readears Oda put that page to think about it.
    As I mentioned it's undeniable that the comments on the page are worded like this to make us think about the current state of affairs and the previous events. I believe there are many that would like to see him as part of the RA, but for what purpose should he be? To make them more sympathic to us, because he was part of Luffy's childhood? That's not enough for me.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 24, 2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: what is going on with my writing today :/
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It's most probably just a gesture of warning, so that his actual abilities aren't shown till CC's real fight against the Mugiwaras/Law.

He got so many subordinates so they could help him with his work. It's hard to observe and guard as whole island with dozens of children and doing some experiments on top of that too.
    yeah,about that... some chapters ago CC started killing/experimenting on his subordinates with gas,and he ordered to get rid of Brownbeard as well. but what's happened that,out of the blue,CC is disposing of his men? is it because of Smoker? or because of luffy?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    yeah,about that... some chapters ago CC started killing/experimenting on his subordinates with gas,and he ordered to get rid of Brownbeard as well. but what's happened that,out of the blue,CC is disposing of his men? is it because of Smoker? or because of luffy?
    Sorry, if this is again sarcastic. But what about CC is just a gigantic and selfish asshole who decides to get rid of people no longer being of any other use to him? Not responding to that distress call of those being attacked by Slime was pretty clear on that, wasn't it?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Sorry, if this is again sarcastic. But what about CC is just a gigantic and selfish asshole who decides to get rid of people no longer being of any other use to him? Not responding to that distress call of those being attacked by Slime was pretty clear on that, wasn't it?
    Clearly he has little regard for his large army of anonymous subordinates. Now that the marines and Strawhats have arrived it does not really matter if they get killed in the cross fire. He's the type of guy who gives children addictive drugs while performing experiments to turn them into giants. I guess this would be a surprise if you judge power levels based on pulling a gun for a single frame. For everyone else it is hardly a surprise that Caesar has no regard for the lives of his henchman.

I don't mind being sarcastic. Passing judgment on Caesar based on his pulling a gun on Law is silly. He's a logia, weapons and drug expert, with a 300million beri bounty. That should have been enough of a basis to rate him, without dwelling on a single, meaningless frame. Is he going to be the strongest character in the series? Obviously not. But he will not be weak, which should have been obvious from the moment he was introduced.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

about what Law stated,which not even robin knew about,isn't that giant experimented by the world government oars? in fact,the warlord was talking about hundreds of years,that's why that picture reminds us of ozu.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hoeru
    He did, so? He learned the basics from his first teacher, created his own style and discovered new things. Asura is just a variation of his spirit which he surely trained directly or indirectly. The same applies to his third sword. In real life it is the same, you learn the basics and then you apply them in your own way no matter whether you are a martial artist or a mathematician.

Schabrak
    First, see above.
    It is a very difficult task to master haki and it takes a lot of time. In my opinion the power balance would be disrupted if Luffy had to be taught while his crew mates were able to find and master this power on their own in just two years.
    Other characters, who are not part of the SH, are a different story.
    Anyway, I do not share your opinion and I hope you are not right with this one.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone was hoping to read the name of Yonkou Law has in mind, and then Oda troll us with that silent dialogue . That was the most hilarious feuture of the chap... Then i read Uriel's nice "you pick it" comment :-). It maked me laught and also wonder if followers could get trolled again by Mr Oda on this issue...

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Punk Hazard is an all around epic arc. Obviously not to be compared to the War or Enes Lobby, yet still excellent in it's own right. The Heart and Strawhat alliance is a real treat, not what I expected when Law first appeared. The best part is this should last a long time. Whichever Yonkou they really do attack, I expect a year long saga or more, with a chapter count comparable to Baroque Works.
    Quality evaluation of a fictional story is always a subjective matter. There is no possible objectivy to judge. So, every comment about it is personal. But IMO your comment suppose certain facts to be happen in PH: Law and Luffy defeat CC and that is all. And, I couldnt be that sure about PH... When CC realize he has no chances agains Law/Luffy alliance, what is he going to do? Personal hipothesis: He is going to pick up denden bushi and call his boss, that one that Law doesnt want to know about him on PH. So, as asked before in previous comment: what if CC's boss land in PH? Couldnt him demand of alliance even till their last drop of power? How could we be possible sure about it?

... PH could still be a superepic arc, better than the previous ones. Who knows!

Ey, we could have Sanji's body spanging Namy's body for being so lustful with her. Also, who knows...
    Last edited by ukimix; May 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Law once again was the  most interesting/intriguing part of the chapter for me. Him realizing more and more what an alliance with a strawhat means : lot's of problems :-) 
    Also we learned a bit more about the shichibukai character. He seems to share a lot with Robin, the intelectual and cold type. He has no problem with pirates being the bad guy. In the end, he didn't really cared about the kids being drugged and seems to treat his crew more like subordonates than friends. I guess living with the strawhats for a while will be surprising. 

I'm really looking forward his duo with Chopper. I hope our little doctor skill will make Law realize he as not made an error in this alliance and that the Strawhats are not just a bunch of weirdo. 

I also wonder what was his real aim when he came on the island, last chapter he was talking about a WG secret, now about kidnapping CC. It also seems like he didn't tell much to Luffy and Nami about his plan, so I wonder what Luffy's decision was based upon. The good tving is that it seems the rest of the heart pirates will appear soon again. I wonder if half of Luffy decision is not just meeting Bepo again :-)

And the slime looks like the big enemy that was needed so that everyone has his part of action. 

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned it's undeniable that the comments on the page are worded like this to make us think about the current state of affairs and the previous events. I believe there are many that would like to see him as part of the RA, but for what purpose should he be? To make them more sympathic to us, because he was part of Luffy's childhood? That's not enough for me.
    oh well so why sabo was introduced only after Ace's death, only to make Luffy and Ace's bond stronger? that's not enough for me XD No seriously i mean why Oda let Dragon met Sabo? Only for making Sabo's death more sensational? It should be but imho it is more possible that Oda has other plans for him, and the fact that Dragon rescued him it's not impossible, I mean you remember rouge town right? XD he is the worst criminal in the world he could be able to do that

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaoneLuffy View Post
    I really thought Robin had haki as well, I'm kinda shocked with her training that she can't use it.

Great chapter this week, now all I need to know is which Yonkou they will attack.
    Well maybe she has . I mean just 'cause Luffy didn't mention her doesn't mean she doesn't have haki and besides knowing Robin she might keep quiet about that 'cause as we saw she was the one that warned Luffy about a possible betrayal of Law . She could keep it as a surprise

And i can't imagine Robin just plainly telling Luffy "hey i also can use haki you know " It's not in her character . She didn't even tell the crew she was alongside Dragon these past 2y after all .

Quote Originally Posted by Andonan View Post

I think its pretty cool how deaths are becoming far more common nowadays. II know that it was technically "offscreen" but we saw the gun and blood fly everywhere, tome thats pretty onscreen. And I wouldn't have been too srprised had the SH's showed emotion, Luffy can get attached to his pets
    I think after all he went through at MF , seeing all those prisoners and marines dying left and right Luffy is immune already to seeing people dying . As for the other SH's well they are pirates and yeah it can be hard to see something like that since they are "good" guys but it's not like they would suffer for a guy they just meet forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you read chapter 589 ? If that's not emotional, nothing will ever be. :/ Why did you switch to Soda in the last post?XD
    That wasn't any emotional towards Sabo, but Ace and Luffy. I never said the whole thing wasn't emotional, just that Sabo wasn't, due to the fact when you find it obvious for him to be alive. If you think he's alive, how can you be emotional over his death?
    In fact, that chapter was very emotionally for me, it just wasn't because of Sabo weird off screen death, cause I didn't see him die from it.
    Any slim chance, is a chance of survival after all.

The very fact that it looked so obvious that such an important, young and loved character was killed off screen was too suspicious.
    To boot, Dragon did carry an extremely hard wounded onto his ship moments after? Isn't that suspicious to you?

Try look with it from an investigators angle, police eyes or detectives judgement rather than outside sources, it seems too suspicious to me.

In the end, if there is doubt to his death, and it's written for children/teenagers, do you really think he would on purpose make someone look dead and make the reader stay in doubt on his final death? That's bad story writing even for a grown ups story telling, at least to me.
    I don't buy the "he's a kid, so I'll kill him off screen in an explosion to avoid drama for the reader" reason, and to boot make it look like Dragon saved him.
    Last edited by Quantized; May 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast