Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.37%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.37%
  • 3 (Good)

17 11.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

66 45.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

53 36.30%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

6 4.11%
New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 668 Discussion

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I still can't imagine Luffy smiling and saying yes if Law suggested Shanks, not after the serious face he made when he asked which Yonkou Law had in mind. Loyalty is a big part of Luffy's character, had Law even suggested Shanks he would have immediately frowned, said that Shanks was his friend, gave him his straw hat, and an enemy of Shanks was an enemy of his. I still think Big Mom is the most logical Yonkou to fight. By fighting Mom there is something in it for Luffy, a reason to fight, and a reason to form an alliance. Defeating Mom liberates Fishman Island and allows Jinbe to join the Strawhats. Fighting Kaido, or Blackbeard, does not benefit the Strawhats in the short run.

The look on Luffy's face when he agrees to the alliance suggests to me that he heard what he wanted to hear from Law. Whichever Yonkou Law said, Luffy was all smiles when he heard it, and all to happy to join forces with Law. That is one big smile. I kind of feel trolled Oda did not tell the audience, I have a bad feeling he will not until after CC is defeated.
    I understand your point and yeah i know Luffy isn't the type to betray or go against someone who he respects and thinks very highly but i think there could still be a possibility if something else were involved as well
    You said that he would frown if he heard Law mentioning Shanks and yeah you are right , i can definitely see him doing that but as we saw on that page, Luffy listened Law's proposal very seriously and only after Law explained he showed us that smiling face . He could have added something else on his proposition, i don't know but i seriously can't think Luffy would smile like that if Law mentioned either of the other 3 Yonkou or even if he said what Uriel said , "you pick it" . I mean, it wouldn't make sense considering his character.

And now with my theory : I'm thinking that maybe Law's plan involves meting Shanks along their way and their final catch would be other Yonkou , in this case being Big Mom IMO . Maybe this final key Law's talking about could be some lead in contacting Shanks or something. Yeah my idea is kinda complicated but damn all it took was Luffy showing that radiant face and it messed up my entire ideas from the previous chapter

Quote Quote:
    I can't speak for everyone, but the connection between Sabo and Dragon intrigued me. Luffy's childhood friend and mysterious father crossing paths seems like something that would be important.
    Yeah but Dragon helped them at the terminal and then he left . His connecting ended there IMO . Besides i don't see why he didn't show up till now if he were indeed alive . I mean come on it was a once in a life time chance for him to appear right before Ace died . I'm sure he would have wanted to meet with him at least once before that .......and Luffy could have also died back then at MF.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't imagine Luffy smiling and saying yes if Law suggested Shanks, not after the serious face he made when he asked which Yonkou Law had in mind.
    The facial expression also made me think it is Big Mam. I also can't imagine that expression for Shanks. If it would have been Blackbeard, i doubt Luffy would be able to smile afterwards, I mean he has gotten over Ace's death but he shouldn't have completely forgotten it. And if it would have been Kaido, the first thing Luffy would do is asking "Who's Kaido?".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

1- oda i know you love handcock but, stop drawing robin like her.
    2- sabo is like ace to whitebeard, but to dragon. he will show up later on. how didnt ace or luffy know about him. cause revolutionary dont show thenself or let anyone get info of then. or dragon let him go and now hes a captain in the new world.
    3- yeah i always want zoro to have haki. hes now super badass.
    4- haki can be unlock by getting a shock to death or hard training. usopp hes the only one who always get scare to death and hes the one who got the hardest training cause he went from very fat, to become very muscular and strong.(but for what, so he can hit hardest and be able to hit devil fruit eater) just saying.
    5- the key to beat the emperor is. aokiji is sleeping cause after the fight he was very weak and someone came to him and gas gas gas hes sleep. but someone need to wake him up. and law want to do it.
    6- for sure the emperor is not shank cause everyone would start saying stuff to luffy. like, hey luffy inst he your god or you own him something.

thats all. if someone can reply like my comment to all my six path of pain will be good
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    Great chapter.....

About the cups, I think its a good hint Sabo is alive. The databook link asnt in english, unless it confirms that sabo wouldnt be involved in the storyline, I think he would be there.

The trio can use Haki, my guess is zoro can use observation and sanji can use armament.

I am surprised Luffy agreed to the alliance too. What Uriel mentioned about Luffy selecting Yonkou does soundfits the best, but Nami-franky's expression doesnt fit in,she seems shocked and totally surprised when luffy accepts it. I think it is Shanks, no other character would get such a reaction.

Afterall Luffy wants to meet him, and probably thinks he is strong enough to fight him. Trying to find shanks will itself be a gerat challenge. Shanks would respond with an attack, or in some other manner, and this to and fro will happen as they pass through the new world.
    Not really, it's pretty much confirmed that they have both colours. Observation was heavily implied at the Ryuuga Palace, and Armament was confirmed in this chapter since any other form of haki wouldn't help against a logia.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter!!

To be honest, I am not one bit surprised about Zoro and Sanji being haki users since I knew they were all along ever since the middle of the fishman island arc. I mean there were so many signs of it that I am surprised that most people didn't take the time to notice them which I find laughable.

What I find even more hilarious are the countless idiotic debates surrounding the subject even though it was clearly obvious and a lot of people kept denying it. lol
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 8/24/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    Robin: The Rokushiki Demon (first two pages are up!)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    The trio can use Haki, my guess is zoro can use observation and sanji can use armament.
    Both can use armament. Zoro reinforces his sword with armament, Sanji his legs. Observational haki can't be used to strengthen attacks, both use haki to strengthen attacks, therefore both have armament haki. It would make sense that both have observational haki too. Training them to use one but not the other would be moronic.

Quote Quote:
    I am surprised Luffy agreed to the alliance too. What Uriel mentioned about Luffy selecting Yonkou does soundfits the best, but Nami-franky's expression doesnt fit in,she seems shocked and totally surprised when luffy accepts it. I think it is Shanks, no other character would get such a reaction.
    Why are people so surprised by this? It was a chapter ending cliffhanger, it was obvious he was going to say yes. Why would Oda build suspense, leave the audience hanging for a week, only to have Luffy say no? 99% of his fan base would have felt trolled. If Luffy was going to say no Law would have asked mid-chapter and Luffy would have said no immediately. Oda would not have left it as an epic cliffhanger only to have Luffy reject Law's offer. That would have been horrible writing.

Quote Quote:
    Afterall Luffy wants to meet him, and probably thinks he is strong enough to fight him. Trying to find shanks will itself be a gerat challenge. Shanks would respond with an attack, or in some other manner, and this to and fro will happen as they pass through the new world.
    Why would he want to fight him though? Shanks is a critical figure to Luffy, someone who shaped his life. His prized possession, one that absolutely, positively can not be lost or harmed, is a token of his friendship with the man. Not only that, Usopp's father is a member of Shanks crew. Why would Luffy want any part of a plan that aims to depose Shanks? Why would he want to challenge him in any way? More importantly, how exactly would it further the story?

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I understand your point and yeah i know Luffy isn't the type to betray or go against someone who he respects and thinks very highly but i think there could still be a possibility if something else were involved as well
    You said that he would frown if he heard Law mentioning Shanks and yeah you are right , i can definitely see him doing that but as we saw on that page, Luffy listened Law's proposal very seriously and only after Law explained he showed us that smiling face . He could have added something else on his proposition, i don't know but i seriously can't think Luffy would smile like that if Law mentioned either of the other 3 Yonkou or even if he said what Uriel said , "you pick it" . I mean, it wouldn't make sense considering his character.

And now with my theory : I'm thinking that maybe Law's plan involves meting Shanks along their way and their final catch would be other Yonkou , in this case being Big Mom IMO . Maybe this final key Law's talking about could be some lead in contacting Shanks or something. Yeah my idea is kinda complicated but damn all it took was Luffy showing that radiant face and it messed up my entire ideas from the previous chapter
    I think involving Shanks this early in the New World would be problematic plot wise. Shanks was effectively Luffy's father figure, the adult he most admired and modeled himself after. Dragon obviously has had no role in Luffy's life, Garp acts like a big kid around Luffy, and Shanks was introduced long before either. Help from Shanks is effectively help from dad, a parent intervening in his sons life. That is why he told Luffy to come find him once he is a great pirate, Luffy and Shanks need to be able to act as equals when they meet again, if Luffy is pass him and become Pirate King. Shanks even declined to see Luffy at Marineford after thinking back on their promise. My guess is that Luffy and Shanks will not meet again until near the end of the series. Oda has positioned Blackbeard as an enemy of Shanks, it would make sense if Shanks aided Luffy when the time comes to confront the Blackbeard Pirates. Until then I have a feeling they will not meet. Not until Luffy can fight alongside Shanks as an equal, and not until Shanks can put aside his own ambition and support Luffy's bid to become Pirate King.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah but Dragon helped them at the terminal and then he left . His connecting ended there IMO . Besides i don't see why he didn't show up till now if he were indeed alive . I mean come on it was a once in a life time chance for him to appear right before Ace died . I'm sure he would have wanted to meet with him at least once before that .......and Luffy could have also died back then at MF.
    Personally, I'm indifferent to Sabo being alive. If he is I do not expect him to be a Strawhat, but a Revolutionary.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    The facial expression also made me think it is Big Mam. I also can't imagine that expression for Shanks. If it would have been Blackbeard, i doubt Luffy would be able to smile afterwards, I mean he has gotten over Ace's death but he shouldn't have completely forgotten it. And if it would have been Kaido, the first thing Luffy would do is asking "Who's Kaido?".
    The only problem with Blackbeard is it seems to soon. Before Marineford it appeared he was being established as a rival. Defeating him now (now in One Piece time :P) would remove Luffy's greatest rival to soon. Big Mom or Kaido would be perfect enemies, neither have had much of a role, no established role. Defeating them early in the New World will not leave much of a void. Mom makes the most sense because Oda has already established her as an enemy of the Strawhats whereas Kaido has not been shown at all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Both can use armament. Zoro reinforces his sword with armament, Sanji his legs. Observational haki can't be used to strengthen attacks, both use haki to strengthen attacks, therefore both have armament haki. It would make sense that both have observational haki too. Training them to use one but not the other would be moronic.
    Well, I meant their natural or stronger haki..... those would be the first haki forms they discovered, and of course they would train to make both as strong as possible.

Quote Quote:
    Why are people so surprised by this? It was a chapter ending cliffhanger, it was obvious he was going to say yes. Why would Oda build suspense, leave the audience hanging for a week, only to have Luffy say no? 99% of his fan base would have felt trolled. If Luffy was going to say no Law would have asked mid-chapter and Luffy would have said no immediately. Oda would not have left it as an epic cliffhanger only to have Luffy reject Law's offer. That would have been horrible writing.
    Luffy just doesnt seem to be a person who would want to be a part of an alliance. Alliance would mean a planned attack, focus everything on the yonkou and building your team, luffy is simple minded and i thought would just care for an adventure.
    Regarding why I think it is Shanks....
    1) Big Mama - I wouldnt expect Nami's reaction to be surprised
    2) Kaidou - Luffy wouldnt know who he is
    3) Blackbeard - I thought Luffy would have a different reaction

That leaves us with Shanks. Luffy does idolize shanks, but he also trusts his strength. Defeating Shanks would mean he has gotten stronger than him and makes him closer to becoming the pirate king. And with this plan being a long-term, it would happen as parts of the arc with one dedicated arc for the end. This could all be a trick by Law too, who knows about their relationship and would use Luffy in this arc and return to being rivals later......
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a great chapter with a lot of revelation like Sanji and Zoro being able to use haki(although i would have loved Ussop and Robin to be also able to use it).
    The fact that Law and Luffy teamed up will definetly set the new world on fire big time and i just love .Also Law's face expressions was priceless,especially when Chopper was tied up on top of his head lol... that was too much for me
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Epicness. I was initially disappointed not to have the emperor targeted named, but the reactions seems to make Big Mam almost certainly the choice although Kaidou may remain an option. But back to the awesomeness. Luffy and Law are allied, I was expecting it and I still was unable to handle the pure ecstasy of it all. Luffy & Franky's apology to Chopper was hilarious. Chopper on Law's head was ridiculous, Chopper hanging off Law's hilt had me in stitches. The confirmation of Zoro and Sanji's ability to use haki was much appreciated. The slime seems random, but with the recent chapters I would be looking forward to anything presented as an opponent.

Did I mention that Law is now allied with Luffy? OMFG.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro also get the Haki of the king (can't remember the actual japanese name for it).
    Remember how he could 'hear' the steel, before he cut it?

This could fit perfectly with how Gold Roger and Luffy could hear stuff that no one could either...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

a very good chapter! so many funny scenes like chopper going on top of law's head and law's expression was all like weirded out and that slime enemy, oda sure has to think up something good to give us all a good fight scene. this is one unique enemy

law's df power on shambles looks to not have any effect on this one

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro also get the Haki of the king (can't remember the actual japanese name for it).
    Remember how he could 'hear' the steel, before he cut it?

This could fit perfectly with how Gold Roger and Luffy could hear stuff that no one could either...
    King's disposition, or color of supreme king if I recollect. It is highly unlikely Zoro would have that.

The hearing part is similar to Mantra or color of observation.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamic View Post
    Nice chapter. A lot happened unlike last chapter. I have a feeling Usopp has haki too; he just doesn't want anyone to know so that he doesn't have to fight any strong opponents
    IMO Luffy's, Zoro's, Sanji's and Usopp's islands were the harshest of the islands. To me it makes sense that they would naturally develop some kind of haki.
    Am sorry but this sounds ridiculous...Luffy, Zoro and Sanji did not naturally develop haki because they were on harsh islands, they were taught to use it by their trainers. Ussop has always been billed as the weakest and most cowardly of the crew so his expression is just that, fear. I would love for Ussop to learn haki as a sniper but i think we are still a long way from that.Franky and Brook will probably need to get there first

About the chapter i feel like its gonna be big mam and i can't wait to see how they deal with the slime
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What an epic chapter, things are developing at a dramatic pace now, and I can only imagine that pace increasing. It's highly debated on what was left unspoken between Luffy and Law while forming their alliance, but Nami was there. So eventually we should get more explanation on how it all went down.. Luffy will have to explain his choice to ally with the Heart Pirates once more (Zoro and crew..)
    Totally love the mismatch in personality between Law and the SH, totally hilarious...

Caesar is gonna be pissed when he realizes he has no chance of victory, and that Luffy and Law are going to take him out.

The Slime sure looks like a big mess, and a serious danger just based on his size and poison.. I wonder if the slime is CC's final "minion" at his disposal???
    Sure seems like things are going to pick up in pace.

The Marines are making their play to blow CC's cover. Which could draw unwanted attention, and even add complexity to Law's plan.
    Though I'd hope Smoker would be one of the contingencies that law has planned for...
    Maybe Smoker is to take a captured CC and in the transfer Smoker is returned to his body in exchange for his allowance of free passage for Law and Luffy.
    Hmmm.

I'm also wondering about Zoro, Brook and Sanji.. Oda keeping them out of the action for 2 chapters now, must mean they will have some meaningful role to play from their location... Im still hoping they find Kinemon, the Samurai guy and head for the Lab...

Man when things finally culminate like they did in this arc, it's clear why so many of us love OP!

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I really thought Robin had haki as well, I'm kinda shocked with her training that she can't use it.

Great chapter this week, now all I need to know is which Yonkou they will attack.

New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast