Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.37%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.37%
  • 3 (Good)

17 11.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

66 45.21%
  • 5 (Epic)

53 36.30%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

6 4.11%
New Reply
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 668 Discussion

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 668 Discussion/ 669 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Epicness. I was initially disappointed not to have the emperor targeted named, but the reactions seems to make Big Mam almost certainly the choice although Kaidou may remain an option. But back to the awesomeness. Luffy and Law are allied, I was expecting it and I still was unable to handle the pure ecstasy of it all. Luffy & Franky's apology to Chopper was hilarious. Chopper on Law's head was ridiculous, Chopper hanging off Law's hilt had me in stitches. The confirmation of Zoro and Sanji's ability to use haki was much appreciated. The slime seems random, but with the recent chapters I would be looking forward to anything presented as an opponent.
    Luffy, Franky, and Nami-Sanji laughing at Law when Usopp tied Chopper to his head was priceless. So was Robin warning Franky never to switch bodies with Chopper again. The slime thing does fit with CC's ability. I guess it is this arc's equivalent of Oars, but I doubt it will take that much effort to stop. I wonder if the slime is headed towards the marines or if it will be something the Strawhats have to deal with.

Quote Quote:
    Did I mention that Law is now allied with Luffy? OMFG.
    Punk Hazard is an all around epic arc. Obviously not to be compared to the War or Enes Lobby, yet still excellent in it's own right. The Heart and Strawhat alliance is a real treat, not what I expected when Law first appeared. The best part is this should last a long time. Whichever Yonkou they really do attack, I expect a year long saga or more, with a chapter count comparable to Baroque Works.

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro also get the Haki of the king (can't remember the actual japanese name for it).
    Remember how he could 'hear' the steel, before he cut it?

This could fit perfectly with how Gold Roger and Luffy could hear stuff that no one could either...
    I would not be surprised either if someday Zoro demonstrates conqueror's haki. His fellow swordsman and fellow first mate Silvers Rayliegh can use conqueror's haki, at some point maybe Zoro will too. He has not demonstrated it yet, but it would fit his character and position in the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    What an epic chapter, things are developing at a dramatic pace now, and I can only imagine that pace increasing. It's highly debated on what was left unspoken between Luffy and Law while forming their alliance, but Nami was there. So eventually we should get more explanation on how it all went down.. Luffy will have to explain his choice to ally with the Heart Pirates once more (Zoro and crew..)
    Totally love the mismatch in personality between Law and the SH, totally hilarious...
    My best guess would be when everything is explained to Zoro, Brooke, and Sanji or after Caesar is defeated, when Law explains his plan.

Caesar is gonna be pissed when he realizes he has no chance of victory, and that Luffy and Law are going to take him out.

Quote Quote:
    I'm also wondering about Zoro, Brook and Sanji.. Oda keeping them out of the action for 2 chapters now, must mean they will have some meaningful role to play from their location... Im still hoping they find Kinemon, the Samurai guy and head for the Lab...
    I'm curious what is doing with them as well, and what has happened to the samurai. I also think they will have some meaningful role, even if I haven't a clue what that will be.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DaoneLuffy View Post
    I really thought Robin had haki as well, I'm kinda shocked with her training that she can't use it.

Great chapter this week, now all I need to know is which Yonkou they will attack.
    While I am hardly surprised Chopper, Nami, and Franky can not, it is a little shocking Robin is not a haki user. No big loss but learning haki from the Revolutionary's would have made sense.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Law gels with the crew really nicely. On Saboady the most he saw was their reaction to the extreme situation of a tenryuubito getting attacked. Now he's seeing that Straw Hat crazy is always crazy. For a weird reason everyone is okay with Brownbeard being dead

FuS

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    Am sorry but this sounds ridiculous...Luffy, Zoro and Sanji did not naturally develop haki because they were on harsh islands, they were taught to use it by their trainers.
    We have 0% evidence that either Mihawk or Iva specially trained eiither form of Haki with them. While it's likely/possible that they helped to develop it to some degree, you have nothing to support that assertion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    For a weird reason everyone is okay with Brownbeard being dead
    People die in OP[on- or off-screen doesn't matter], he wasn't their friend, so what reason would they have to grieve for more than a minute? Some of the Strawhats are easily affected by sad stories or cool technology, but mourning for the enemy? That's not high on their to do list. Just because Brownbeard felt sympathy towards somebody didn't make him any more good character than he was when he raided a peacful village in the NW. P.S.: I'm not rejecting the idea of redemption, but he didn't do anything to have to absolve himself as far as we know.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 24, 2012 at 04:02 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    We have 0% evidence that either Mihawk or Iva specially trained eiither form of Haki with them. While it's likely/possible that they helped to develop it to some degree, you have nothing to support that assertion.
    Mate I know technically that you're correct, but you're just being argumentative for argumentative's sake..... It is VERY likely that Mihawk taught Zoro Haki, and Iva (if not the other 99 masters) taught Sanji Haki. It seems pretty clear from what Ray said, that you need to be taught the basics of Haki initially and then you'll grow and gain more power. But I don't really think people can harness their Haki without instruction. Coby is a good example of that, he has Haki but the medic even said to go get Garp to teach him how to use it.....

People die in OP[on- or off-screen doesn't matter], he wasn't their friend, so what reason would they have to grieve for more than a minute? Some of the Strawhats are easily affected by sad stories or cool technology, but mourning for the enemy? That's not high on their to do list. Just because Brownbeard felt sympathy towards somebody didn't make him any more good character than he was when he raided a peacful village in the NW. P.S.: I'm not rejecting the idea of redemption, but he didn't do anything to have to absolve himself as far as we know.
    I think its pretty cool how deaths are becoming far more common nowadays. II know that it was technically "offscreen" but we saw the gun and blood fly everywhere, tome thats pretty onscreen. And I wouldn't have been too srprised had the SH's showed emotion, Luffy can get attached to his pets

OMFG at Law and his faces. I generally hope that him and chopper become epic mates, its priceless. Also HA to anyone who thought that Law was going to be a bad guy :P (though I suppose I shouldn't be too cocky this is OP after all, maybe this is all just an elaborate plan to turn chopper into his new hat :P)

I guess we'll find out the name of the Yonkou after CC is dealt with. Also I fucking burst out laughing at Luffy asking Law "Hey are you going to betray me" and Law just simply replying "No", if anything that just confirmed to me that this alliance will probably last till the end of OP, well at least their friendship will

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Miracleomatic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Law's reactions this chapter. Those wtf faces priceless. Chopper looks like an oversized keychain accessory hanging on law's sword. Pretty Cute.

Anyhow Correct me me if I'm wrong. So they want to kidnap CC to incite confusion while they look for meds to help the kids? -.-? I don't understand the need to kidnap... Just defeating the guy seems alright already. Or perhaps Law plans on acquiring a weapon or research that CC developed. Is this part of his strategy to defeat a yonkou? I am mystified.

As for the yonkou, My money's on Big Mom. Everything seems to be leading to her. I speculate that they will run into Eustass Kid aswell. I seem to remember reading him sinking 2 of big moms ships so it seems he is currently engaged vs big Mom. More of commerce raiding than direct assault that is. And perhaps throw in the sun pirates in there. Jimbe for backup. That would be a nice alliance already, assuming Kid joins them.
    My Top 5 Manwa
    1.) Witch Hunter (Badass and greedy. Tasha Godspell is an asshole, a good type of asshole)
    2.) Veritas (Badass evil and cool. Gangryong will fuck up anyone, even kittens.)
    3.) The Breaker series (I just love martial arts.)
    4.) Immortal Regis + Chavelier of the Abyss (Good story and art style. Damn! I want his sword, Depore.)
    5.) Legend of Maian (So-So in story and art.)

http://jinrikagero.deviantart.com/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vespa View Post
    I don't think sabo is dead, I don't know I'm pretty sure Dragon rescued him, i don't have a single proof, it's just my extrasensory perception XD
    As much guesswork it is, it's actually a good idea for story writing, so why not
    I mean, even when we know Dragon and Ivan, Sabo would be a great way to introduce the army of the Revolutionary, imho.
    That gives him plot reason, and a good one imho. But if he's not with Dragon, then I can't see any reason for him to be alive.

All in all, I too doubt Dragon went off that island empty handed, he should have achieved something, and imho that's likely a new loyal subordinate that we all know.

Proof you ask?
    Well while it's not proof, Sabo didn't have any plot reason to die, he has a plot reason to be alive, exactly because Dragon was present there.
    If Dragon wasn't then this would not make sense, neither would give a plot reason in that case.
    Oda doesn't kill off characters without it has some sorts of impact, Soda been shown to die right after Ace in such a manner is all the more pointless to me, it would make much greater sense if he's still alive.
    All the pain of death and sorrow was given to Ace, and then we didn't even see Soda die after all the details Ace was given? I can hardy think it's the end for him.

Each of them probably takes a different path, all starting as pirates, though Soda's time as pirate was short.

Either way, I don't think thinking Soda is alive is wishful thinking, it actually makes sense, and it would not make sense if he's dead.
    If you think about it with this paradigm, it makes sense

Sorry if this is seen as off-topic, but Id like to think it isn't due to the image of Ace grave Oda gave us in this chapter, these pictures don't seem pointless, there could be hidden messages in them

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Proof you ask?
    Well while it's not proof, Sabo didn't have any plot reason to die,
    Wrong. What flashbacks have you been reading? Sabo's death had the same plot reason as Belle-mère's, Kuina's, Hiruluk's, Bakina's, Yorki's, Tom's, and Jaguar's death, and the death of all Oharans. To show an important person of a Strawhat's past whose life and death had great influence on the Strawhat. That's the pattern, and it's actually some fanfiction wish for him to be alive.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

People die in OP[on- or off-screen doesn't matter], he wasn't their friend, so what reason would they have to grieve for more than a minute? Some of the Strawhats are easily affected by sad stories or cool technology, but mourning for the enemy? That's not high on their to do list.
    Point taken Brownbeards not a good guy. But the humanity! At least cover-up the giant hunk of dead body, move it somewhere. Then when the kids wake up they're not gonna freak. Its okay that people die, but its not cool to hang with dead bodies.

I kinda think he's not dead might wake up and be a leader to his centaurs....Just before the marines re-arrest them

FuS

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andonan View Post
    Mate I know technically that you're correct, but you're just being argumentative for argumentative's sake...
    Truth be told, no. I would for once [like to] see someone get some ability by themself instead of being thought in detail by some master. That's how Zoro trained most of his life, why shouldn't he or Sanji have been able to obtain it that way? Luffy is an idiot, a natural fighter, but his training was "haki training", it was the center of the whole two years, while Zoro had mainly a swordmanship training and Sanji trained his legs to perfection. That's why we see Luffy use CoA all the time, while the two others are not.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 24, 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: grammar
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

First, as Andonan already said everything we know about haki suggest both Zoro and Sanji had to have a trainer. Secondly, there is evidence they were taught, namely their sole knowledge about the names.
    Furtheremore just because Mihawk taught him something doesn't mean it was the same direct teaching Luffy got from Rayleigh, although it is very likely.
    edit:
    Truth be told, no. I would for once see someone get some ability by themself instead of being thought in detail by some master. That's how Zoro trained most of his life, why shouldn't he or Sanji have been able to obtain it that way?
    Zoro trained half of his life under a master and not on his own - Sanji as well.

Luffy is an idiot, a natural fighter, but his training was "haki training", it was the center of the whole two years, while Zoro had mainly a swordmanship training and Sanji trained his legs to perfection. That's why we see Luffy use CoA all the time, while the two others are not.
    How do you know it was swordsmanship training only?
    Last edited by yieps; May 24, 2012 at 07:10 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    Zoro trained half of his life under a master not on his own.
    And yet, Zoro was able to pull Ashura on his very own. So did Sanji with his Diable Jambe.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Wrong. What flashbacks have you been reading? Sabo's death had the same plot reason as Belle-mère's, Kuina's, Hiruluk's, Bakina's, Yorki's, Tom's, and Jaguar's death, and the death of all Oharans. To show an important person of a Strawhat's past whose life and death had great influence on the Strawhat. That's the pattern, and it's actually some fanfiction wish for him to be alive.
    It's an interesting point you put, but in conjunction in the way Sabo died, it just wasn't emotional at all.
    I fail to see any plot reason for that, we only saw a ship blow up, that isn't very emotional to me, nor did it have a huge impact on Luffy as it had when Ace died.
    I wouldn't just say I'm wrong, we could both be right you know.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Post OP 668: training w/o a master, Brownbeard, Sabo

yieps
    Don't try to be pedantic with me, to me he got the most out of his training after he left the dojo[where you learn kendo and style, a style that nobody but Zoro trained] and became a bounty hunter[he was already famous by the time Luffy met him] and later a mugiwara crew member[seeing him lift weights or sleep 100% of his time on the ship]. And even at the dojo it was him alone, that trained weight lifting and etc. IMHO I doubt that Koshiro ordered him to train that way, not that he was a bad sensei, but you can't teach a style you don't know yourself.Therefore most of his moves are self thought and his own, not something taught. One could say that Luffy got a trainer to in form of Ace/Sabo and Garp, but that was mostly him trying out, experimenting with his powers, on his own. If you like just add "adult" before "life", if that solves your problem with my statement.

How do I know it was swordmanship? Because Zoro lacked the swordmanship skills and begged the best swordmans of the world to train him. See how I wrote "mainly" and mentioned it's "probable" that it could be haki too? I'm not talking about exclusively swordmanship, but I personally hope it to be that way, that's why I made some arguments to support my opinion.

Rosebullet Teacher
    They surely should do that somewhere after this chapter or that's an indicator that he's still alive. Would be weird if they rolled on the floor laughing right beside a corpse. XD

To add to the Sabo discussion[heavy off-topic guys. :P, this is the place to go [Character] Sabo Thread]:
    Sabo was an example of how much freedom one could have in this time, why pirates and revolutionaries are needed in this world, to showcase the corruption and give us and the characters a rationale why we should support those groups that threaten the supposedly peaceful reign of the World Government.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 24, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys this is my last post in this matter,i'm curios why the hell Oda put a page explicitly in chapter 589 that in the same day when Sabo accident happened Dragon came back with someone in the night of the same day http://www.batoto.net/read/_/13913/o...by_mangarule/8 and in this cover there are 3 sake cups in front of Ace grave,now guys tell me do you realy belive that Oda who i'm sure he didn't write the databook page by page and some editors did he put such a big spoiler in a databook? for me ofcourse he wants do be some confusion if he is alive or not but he already put hints in the manga that he is alive.

19. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzu View Post
    Ok guys this is my last post in this matter,i'm curios why the hell Oda put a page explicitly in chapter 589 that in the same day when Sabo accident happened Dragon came back with someone in the night of the same day http://www.batoto.net/read/_/13913/o...by_mangarule/8 and in this cover there are 3 sake cups in front of Ace grave,now guys tell me do you realy belive that Oda who i'm sure he didn't write the databook page by page and some editors did he put such a big spoiler in a databook? for me ofcourse he wants do be some confusion if he is alive or not but he already put hints in the manga that he is alive.
    I totally missed that frame on that page!
    Cheers for linking, this is proof enough for me that Soda isn't dead unless confirmed othervice, I really can't get my head around why some say he's certain dead with that page, there is neither proof for his death nor him being alive, however there are strong indications of both, but mostly that he's alive, due to that page.
    If he's with Dragon, it would make One Piece all the more interesting, I got good hopes for Oda's story telling

Say all you want though, I'm aware my post sounds like wishful thinking, but I really cba to make it sound objective, the points of logic in it self is objective enough to me.

As it is, Soda is neither confirmed alive, nor dead.

New Reply
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast