Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reborn 386 Discussion / 387 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reborn 386 Discussion / 387 Predictions

You guys gotta remember that the Vindice uses the 8th flame meaning Bermuda is most likely the Arcobaleno of the 8th Flame. He still counts as the "Seven Strongest" except there's apparently 8.

Anyways, this event reminded me a lot of the plot twist from the Future Arc where Shoichi is actually a good guy. Most of us thought that the primary antagonists of the arc was going to be the Vindice, however in truth, it's Checkerface-sama. (Which some people already predicted). Depending on what they plan to do next, I predict Checkerface showing off his "7 Guardians" of the arc to do battle with Tsuna and his crew. I'm excited to read future chapters!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

But as you see in Chapter 376 page 8 that Checker Face expected the Vindice..
    what would you think?
    Could they really defeat Checker face who could erase his whole existence?..
    Or the participants of the war will be cursed by the same fate of the older generations?..

~By the way i'm new here..
    ~Hello everyone..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a very interesting chapter as expected. I really can't wait to hear reborn's answer, I don't know why I feel like the answer will be no. If it is yes, I expect reborn will have conditions because right now I'm more confuse than ever. There's still more to this story, I wish the next chapter was here now.........

“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing
    someone you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
    - Alyson Noel

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momotaros View Post
    You guys gotta remember that the Vindice uses the 8th flame meaning Bermuda is most likely the Arcobaleno of the 8th Flame. He still counts as the "Seven Strongest" except there's apparently 8.

Anyways, this event reminded me a lot of the plot twist from the Future Arc where Shoichi is actually a good guy. Most of us thought that the primary antagonists of the arc was going to be the Vindice, however in truth, it's Checkerface-sama. (Which some people already predicted). Depending on what they plan to do next, I predict Checkerface showing off his "7 Guardians" of the arc to do battle with Tsuna and his crew. I'm excited to read future chapters!
    He seem not a part of 7 strongest (if we consider hime 8th flame representation), you see him in Primo times he seems not switching as the rest of Arcobaleno and it seems that he witness more then single cycle.

Transparent pacifier can be as well representation of all the pacifiers, it's not dark as 8th flame. If you look on light spectrum works (aka rainbow), if you combine whole spectrum it creates white light, glass that not effecting spectrum is transparent, if glass filters the spectrum it shows color, glass that blocks whole spectrum is black. Black is negativity of light it's outside of spectrum and it's seem to be representing 8th flame. If 8th frame is representation of power outside of Arcobaleno system it would actually fit to Bermuda character that going against it, but scientifically it against fact that got he got transparent pacifier which is power of of whole spectrum.... or else it's author miss that out. Also darkness it's usually not symbol of something good in story, so i would not trust Bermuda yet, or else he explains his story and why he got active pacifier ;]
    Last edited by Shadowriver; May 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post

There also Tri-Ne-Satte... what this has to with everything? Is it part of this system, or it's some kind of exploit to gain power made using them, (if Tri-Ni-Satte is nothing now and won't be mentioned anymore i guess 2nd is good explanation). It makes me think even more that future arc was quite pointless move, it introduced new mechanics to story that are useless in present and it only made things problematic to explain why they can still use things from that time. Introducing story to time travel always brings problems ;p

Either way things more interesting, i love mysteries like that
    Well, it's not like this plot was planned out from the beginning. Sure, maybe the idea of the Arcobalenos was, but Amano probably hadn't thought out the past behind them while writing out the future arc. Really the only thing that arc was good for was (some) character developement and new characters...and seeing everyone's TYL versions (which I bet might have been the inspiration for it).

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was a nice chapter .

So in a way my theory that the Vindice are the previous generation of Arcobaleno proved to be right . But still can't believe there were so many before them and the part with human sacrifices is really horrible .
    Another thing that surprised me is that this battle representative is hold in order to find the next strongest 7 . Then if we were to refer to this situation i think it's safe to assume that maybe one of those Vindice might have been from one of the current mafia families. I don't wanna see Tsuna and his guardians as an Arcobaleno .

Though i have a feeling that Bermuda has other plans as well . I mean from his telling he doesn't have anything against neither of the guys participating in the battle but still he fought like crazy and even ordered the Vindice to kill them .

If he really wanted to defeat only Checkerface then he should have told them from the start and maybe a plan would have been made. I have a feeling he's not such a good guy though i might be wrong but i find him fishy . Also i wanna know why is he the only one in that baby form and the others aren't ? And why is his Pacifier the only one that works ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member keng4896's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of it, Bermuda stated that Checkerface actually vanishes and could not be traced even with the Vindice's ability, and I suddenly thought of a possibility:

Checkerface is not a real human, but a form of "energy" made by the person behind all this arcobaleno thing. After all, if all of the 7^3 secrets are revealed so early. It won't be really fun. And i believe that the person behind all this must be even stronger than Checkerface.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been ages since I posted here. It's a shame that Reborn isn't doing too well in the rankings lately because I'm really enjoying this arc. This chapter was so full of win. The twist about the Vindice caught me by complete surprise and I loved it!! I'm eager for the next chapter and I'm wondering how this turn of events will affect the upcoming battles.
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KBraga's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooow I had a feeling it would come to this.

Well they will sure defeat checker face and blah blah blah.

But my vote for what new arcobaleno should be if that would happen:

Tsuna - orange
    Xanxus - red
    Yamamotto - blue Squalo (broken as Lal)
    Mukuro - indigo
    Hibari - purple
    Gamma - Green (I'd prefer 20YL Lambo, but if he's not available Gamma is the second strongest in thunder that I can think of)
    As for the yellow pacifier it carries a heavy duty and I can't think of anyone besides Reborn that could carry it. but if the element doesn't interfere with the pacifier, the simon were participating what if they won? then my vote is for

Byakuran- Green
    Dino - Yellow

Triping a little more the member of a winning team as were said by bermuda:

Tsuna - orange
    Gokudera - red
    Yamamotto - blue
    Mukuro - indigo Chrome (broken)
    Hibari - purple
    Dino- Green (lambo is not participating, so he's not a member)
    Ryohei - Yellow

Oooh don't mind me I'm only daydreaming here.

My prediction Reborn will refuse the offer, he'll justify by saying he want Tsuna to battle the vindice in order to got stronger, and them Tsuna will be the one to defeat Checker face (what sure will happen).

I really missed here.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Ooooh and Checkerfacer is the boss of the Cervello!! hahahaha who knows!
    Last edited by KBraga; May 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    If he really wanted to defeat only Checkerface then he should have told them from the start and maybe a plan would have been made. I have a feeling he's not such a good guy though i might be wrong but i find him fishy . Also i wanna know why is he the only one in that baby form and the others aren't ? And why is his Pacifier the only one that works ?
    Well, Bermuda's plan IS to win the Representative War in order to get close to Checkerface. He wants Reborn (with Tsuna?) to join him when he does, so they have a bigger chance of defeating Checkerface.

I like the fact that Bermuda is still in the grey on whether he is good or a bad guy. It keeps it more interesting.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea,i suspect Reborn will reject the offer,for some reson he always refuses to fight when someone ask him,the reason will be the usual "I want Tsuna to improve blablabla I'm a tutor teacher blabla".
    I hope i'm wrong,because it's time to see something more about Reborn(instead of him saying his line to give Tsuna the motivation...it's too repetitive now) ,the chapter with him being adult was awesome,and i want to see more Reborn fighting.

About who might be the new arcobaleno it's quite easy:the ones that wear the boss watches.
    Tsuna,Mukuro,Xanxus,Hibari,Emma,Byakuran,Tsuna's dad.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiramisu View Post
    Yea,i suspect Reborn will reject the offer,for some reson he always refuses to fight when someone ask him,the reason will be the usual "I want Tsuna to improve blablabla I'm a tutor teacher blabla".
    I hope i'm wrong,because it's time to see something more about Reborn(instead of him saying his line to give Tsuna the motivation...it's too repetitive now) ,the chapter with him being adult was awesome,and i want to see more Reborn fighting.

About who might be the new arcobaleno it's quite easy:the ones that wear the boss watches.
    Tsuna,Mukuro,Xanxus,Hibari,Emma,Byakuran,Tsuna's dad.
    Impossible. Tsuna's dad is strictly a Sky user as far as we know.
    And there is NO Earth Pacifier as we know of so Enma cant be an Arcobaleno.
    Leaving you with
    Tsuna - Sky, Mukuro - Mist(hopefully Chrome interrupts and we get another lovey-dovey situation like Colonello and Lal)
    Hibari - Cloud, Byakuran - Sun (Coz Ghost was a Sun user I think. Cant remember).
    Xanxus - Storm.

No Rain user and Lightning user.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, there is another thread for this. This way we can forcus on the actual plotline instead of just who would be picked. Also, Ghost is a lightning user.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2