Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134
Results 1,996 to 2,003 of 2003

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Memes anyone?!

[/SPOILER]

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; May 31, 2014 at 03:27 AM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Hisoka and Chrollo are strong. Hisoka even measured Illumi's strength to be higher than some of the Zodiacs. Chrollo was able to play around Zeno and Silva
    I think Hisokas measurement wasnt for strength but for his desire to fight this person. Since we know he is always looking fo people with huge potential to fight agains in the future. And we do know that he would like to fight Illumi very much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chrollo? Who the heck is--- Oh. Kuroro.

I caught up. I think I would've been pretty satisfied if the series ended before the current arc start, but honestly there are still tooo many unanswered questions and the Kurapika extras were just rubbing salt in the wound. Which is interesting, because it still seems that the current arc is going in a whole different direction and not circling back to continue with Chrollo/Ryodan/Kurapika.

Was there any explanation for the hiatuses? Because to me in seemed Togashi took them right before major plot developments or arcs. Which i think is understandable given how well designed the events/world and characters are.

Alluka and Nanika are absolutely adorbs, and so are Killua and Gon. Though I noticed that the Zoldycks said something like "We don't know where she came from" a couple of times in regards to Alluka, and i think her OP-ness might have something to do with the new world. Given how hung up Illumi is on her, I don't think her story is finished yet.

On to the anime!
    Last edited by MSofAofCOCA; May 31, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Chrollo? Who the heck is--- Oh. Kuroro.

I caught up. I think I would've been pretty satisfied if the series ended before the current arc start, but honestly there are still tooo many unanswered questions and the Kurapika extras were just rubbing salt in the wound. Which is interesting, because it still seems that the current arc is going in a whole different direction and not circling back to continue with Chrollo/Ryodan/Kurapika.

Was there any explanation for the hiatuses? Because to me in seemed Togashi took them right before major plot developments or arcs. Which i think is understandable given how well designed the events/world and characters are.

Alluka and Nanika are absolutely adorbs, and so are Killua and Gon. Though I noticed that the Zoldycks said something like "We don't know where she came from" a couple of times in regards to Alluka, and i think her OP-ness might have something to do with the new world. Given how hung up Illumi is on her, I don't think her story is finished yet.

On to the anime!
    There were cases where he had taken hiatuses out of illness reasons. And we know that he uses hiatusses to redraw all the scribbled chapters for the volume releases.
    And then we know that he was kind of lazy and just used his hiatusses to play dragon quest or something like that.
    Last edited by BurnSchulz; May 31, 2014 at 10:16 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always forget to mention this...but as I've mentioned a long while back, for work, I sometimes have to go to Shinjo. Since Togashi is from there, of course some HxH stuff will be acknowledged. They still keep the movie 1 poster up at Shinjo station....

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

That's pretty cool

And I sure hope Togashi won't go into hiatus soon.. Because I really don't want the anime to end and I want them to continute onto the dark continent because I refuse to read the manga
    Last edited by Zoro Zoldyck; May 31, 2014 at 04:23 PM.

Magi, Naruto, One piece , Hunter x Hunter , Fate/Zero, YuGiOh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, comparing two different series can lead to conflict. But as a writer I like to see why something works in one series but not so much in another. I know it's easy to say "my favorite author is the best writer so that's why" but that's just an opinion and it doesn't
    explain WHY you have that opinion. The interesting thing about stories is they're just
    as much about the audience as they are about the characters. Hence why some stories
    get "outdated" and others which weren't originally notable become cult classics.

Anyhow, once again the comparison is of course Hunter x Hunter and yep...Naruto.
    More specifically I like to look at two characters from each series:

Gon Freecss

vs

Sasuke Uchiha.

Oh brother. Here we go again. But seriously there's something I've been thinking about.
    And that is why does it seem that Gon is the more sympathetic character particularly
    in the Chimera Ant Arc while arguably Sasuke has gone through far worse than Gon has?

I mean let's consider...

Gon was abandoned by his father, doesn't know his biological mom and his mentor
    Kite was killed right before his eyes by a Chimera Ant humanoid monster.

Sasuke is one of the few survivors of the Uchiha massacre. Because the Uchiha
    practically lived in isolation this would mean most of the people Sasuke knew then--died.
    Sasuke not only watched his own brother kill his parents but was forced to visual
    relive the scene several times over.

Now I will say that the hate for Pitou and the hate for Itachi was probably about the same.
    A lot of us wanted to see Pitou get crushed and a lot of us wanted to see Itachi get toast.

Of course things get more complicated in Naruto when we find out that Konoha had
    ordered Itachi to wipe out the Uchiha clan as to avoid war.

And yet perhaps it's just me but it seems that while Gon gets a lot of support
    even when he puts a third party like Komugi in danger (I don't think Gon supporters
    approve of Gon's actions there but they still LIKE Gon.)...

Sasuke gets hate for wanting to destroy Konoha despite them being responsible
    for the death of practically his entire clan.

Now yes you can argue that the Uchiha massacre was a necessary evil
    but could you not also argue that Chimera Ants need to eat?
    If we say Chimera Ants are not allowed to eat humans because
    it's wrong to eat humans than why can't cows say humans
    are not allowed to eat them because they think it's wrong to eat cows?

But going back to Gon and Sasuke.
    It seems to me that we should feel more empathic towards Sasuke and yet we don't.
    Now I'm not saying that I do because I don't. But I was wondering WHY that is.

Why in spite of all the times Sasuke has been used and discarded like a dirty tissue
    while much of Gon's problems are the direct result of his own impulse and selfishness
    that we are more driven to cheer for Gon?

Why is that the "worse" Sasuke's life gets the less we care about his story?

Post your thoughts!

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134