Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Quote Originally Posted by cipher View Post
    Does JoJo's Bizarre Adventure gets any better after part 2? I'm currently reading it but I take breaks all the time because there's something that just doesn't ring with me when I read it, and I really want to continue reading it because it is interesting.
    Depends who you ask but I say each part is consistently good. I don't think it gets worse.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cipher View Post
    Does JoJo's Bizarre Adventure gets any better after part 2? I'm currently reading it but I take breaks all the time because there's something that just doesn't ring with me when I read it, and I really want to continue reading it because it is interesting.
    Well... I REALLY like parts 1 and 2, so yeah... it varies with each person though. My top 3 favorite parts are 2, 5 and 4. I'm about to start part 6 but I'm re-reading HxH

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some more news on the HxH movie
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...igns-previewed

Kurapika's childhood friend.
    Spoiler show

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post

Spoiler show
    Shalnark?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post

Spoiler show
    During the manga in the YS arc Kurapika remembers his dead clan members and there is an image of a boy who looks a lot like that. I think this is a character togashi has had in mind for a while. I don't remember what chapter that was though...
    Last edited by Hazezon; October 10, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hazezon View Post
    During the manga in the YS arc Kurapika remembers his dead clan members and there is an image of a boy who looks a lot like that. I think this is a character togashi has had in mind for a while. I don't reeber what chapter that was though...
    This character spawned the Shalnark is actually a Kurta/Kurapika's brother theory.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    This character spawned the Shalnark is actually a Kurta/Kurapika's brother theory.
    Humm you mean Shalnark betrayed his own clan and sold them to the spiders? And that's how they found the Kurta and killed them? Idk why this seems so believable D:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Humm you mean Shalnark betrayed his own clan and sold them to the spiders? And that's how they found the Kurta and killed them? Idk why this seems so believable D:
    That's the theory. Been going around in HxH fandom for years now. But there is also points against it. Some say that Shalnark is too good with technology to be a Kurta but we don't know that they didn't use technology. Also look at Pairo's clothing and hair, almost identical to Shalnark. One other thing, Shalnark NEVER encounters Kurapika or is ever seen by Kurapika in any way. Go look back and even the fake corpses, Shalnarks not one of them. Never do they cross paths. I think that Shalnark needs to meet with Kurapika. Also the reason Shalnark has never been seen to have Scarlet eyes is that he is always happy. Just some things to ponder for this theory.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Ok, so now you've actually got me somewhat believing in this theory

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Well, my oldest memory of HxH was the 1999 anime (back in 2003-04 on TV). It's too bad I only remember the first two OPs of the series...

I don't know why, but years passed by without me reading the manga/watching the 1999 series. It was probably a good thing because of the hiatuses. Then again, I wasn't really interested in anime and manga until 2011.

On the summer of 2011 (around that time), I found myself watching "Ohayou" on YT (due to nostalgia). This made me want to watch the 1999 series until I learned of a certain reboot. I ended up watching the 2011 series... and I really enjoyed it. I started reading the manga when the 2011 series had its first recap. Not surprisingly, I enjoyed it too.

Wow... it's weird how I got into HxH. Also, I didn't even know that YYH (one of my favourite series as a kid) and HxH were created by Togashi until last year.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading the manga in 2010, and when I reached the weekly chapter, the hiatus started. So I liked it, but I didn't really became a fan of the series.

But when it started again in 2011, along with the new anime, I got caught by the series.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Yeah right? Idk too why this theory fits to well D:

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My HxH story, huh?

I'm really new to the HxH scene. Like really, I only got into HxH this very year. Well, I watched a lot of anime shows when I was a kid because our local channels were airing them. Detective Conan, DBZ, Shaman King, Flame of Recca, etc. I honestly don't remember the stories of most of them now because I was really young back then, but if I remember the show or the songs, then I'm pretty sure I really liked watching it. That was the case with YYH. I hardly remember what the story is, but I remember the OP and I remember pointing my finger at people like it was Yusuke's Rei Gun. They aired HxH too, but I never got into it. In fact, I don't even remember the 99 anime at all, but when I tried watching it this year I was surprised because the OP was very very familiar, even the one in the GI OVA. I think I never watched it because of the time slot. I was usually setting the table or probably eating dinner already, so I never followed the 99 series.

I got into HxH when I was at a relative's house. I was flipping through the channels, and I saw Animax showing the 2011 series. I stopped because the characters looked very familiar, and I doubted myself if I really knew the show because the drawings look new and shiny, but my memory of the characters was old. It bugged me for the whole day. Then I found out it was HxH, and since I had a lot of free time then, I decided to check the series out. I tried watching the 99 series first, but our internet was slow. While the video was loading, I decided to check out the manga. I fell in love right away. By the time I finished the first arc, it was only then I remembered that I was only reading because I was waiting the video to load. I couldn't handle the pacing though, so I decided to just leave the anime and finish the manga.

Then I remembered the reboot, and I decided to give that a shot too. And wow wow wow the anime is gorgeous.

And that's pretty much it. I was really just hit by faint nostalgia for a show I never even followed when I was a kid.

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

And then Kurapika gets angry when he finds out Shalnark sold the clan out. Hence why Shalnark's one of the predicted people to die. XD

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So fun to hear everyone's 'how I got into HxH' story.
    Sounds like I'm probably the oldest fan here, as I followed HxH since the very beginning -- when the manga first started serialized in Jump back in the 90s. I was a big fan of YYH so of course I would read everything Togashi wrote. I love Level-E and was initially let down a little when I found Togashi's new series turn out to be a classic shounen with younger appeal (come on, the first few chapters of HxH are very children's literature-esque), not that I mind that but after the wonderful anti-shounen Level-E I was expecting him going for more realistic art and seinen genre. I sticked with it because it IS still enjoyable and cleverly written as always, but I didn't become true fan until we get to Gon stealing Hisoka's tag. Hisoka really confirmed that the childlike vibe is not what it seemed.

Then came the 99 anime, which I had to keep up with the latest episodes from VHS tapes from Japanese video stores (they taped the TV broadcast and shipped the tapes over). I was let down because of the many reasons I complained before (corny hammy direction, cheesy fillers, bad characterizations, etc). I got annoyed and deemed it not worthy to put in the effort to watch this in the middle of Heaven's Arena. (only to watch the rest years later when the Internet video streaming age came, man kids nowadays have no idea how much easier it is for them).

Anyway I've outgrew most anime/manga over the years but HxH stays all these years. I'm fine with waiting for the hiatus as it's the only series i keep up with anyway. Seems like a lot of you also only read HxH (as oppose to a general anime/manga fan). The 2011 reboot helped me join the online community as I don't have any friends who read the series.
    Last edited by chei; October 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

22. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast