Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread - Part 1

I sorta forgot to write this, but I'm done with my 24 volume collection. The Chimera Ant arc is amazing! I guess my favorite part is Killua's little adventure when he kills everything in-sight in volume 23.

Some characters I still don't understand their motives yet. Like Meleoron. I'm still not sure if he's really a good guy or faking it. And the King Meryem of course. I still can't get if he's gonna have a change of heart while playing with Komugi or he's just sucking it up till the end! Kalluto's motives are still a mystery. Why did he join the Phantom Troupe? And how would Killua and the rest of the family feel about it?

I can't wait to get the next volumes.

BTW, this is my favorite one liner from the whole arc so far:
    Morelf: "Dude, what's the point of having a weapon slower than your own legs?"
    Cheetu: "Oh...!! 'o_o "

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you liked. But wait until you read the whole palace invasion part of the arc. It will answer some of the questions you asked above, and show the best parts of the arc. For me, at last ^^
    Though Morau testing Gon's resolve before the invasion of Peijing is quite the moment =]

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I do believe also that the palace invasion had really one of the best chapters ever drawn in the entire series! Those almost non-existent texts, the paneling, the way the story was told, and the ART! OMG the ART! Sometimes when he chooses, Togashi really does kick ass.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest ,I never did really care about Genthru . He has such an average look and his character wasn't actually memorable.Togashi didn't really bother to develop his character much in Greed Island.He was the villain of the arc,that's all there is to it.We didn't even know what happen to the bomber trio.Did someone come and kill them? There was even a joke that Togashi forgotten about them. Though I do find the post by futurefrog about Genthru to be intriguing.But I won't really think much about this character as the next time he appeared , he will end up like the other character who appeared after so long and get killed off immediately.

I do admit that the fight between genthru and gon show how crazy gon can get.But I think Gon has always been crazy.The second chapter of the manga,he jump into a raging sea to save someone without even thinking about his safety.He followed hisoka and still wanted to fight back after having his tag stolen.He got beaten up,had his arm broken ,didn't mind losing both his leg to Hanzo ,just because he don't want to surrender. He got beaten the crap out of by Canary and still won't budge.He followed the spiders and still want to fight back even when he was at the disadvantage. Doubt any sane person would do such a thing.Gon is one heck of a crazy 12-years-old.

The palace invasion was really one of the best part in the chimera ant arc.And killua mass killing was awesome too.I may consider rereading the redrawn version of it again.Because the bad art and the hiatus did make the arc hardly enjoyable at some point.

Also,came across some fanart.
    Phinks.Which is pretty awesome.

And a rare fanart of Kurapika and melody.
    Last edited by Akia999; May 22, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

that's wishful thinking though, the fanart. changing melody's looks... I feel it's a bit judgmental. :/

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    that's wishful thinking though, the fanart. changing melody's looks... I feel it's a bit judgmental. :/
    Quite a lot. Although I'm dying to see her look previous to the curse.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Judgemental? How? The fan art is just drawing her pre-curse.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I hope she never gets rid of the curse personally. I think her design is so interesting. I mean if she does remove it, maybe at the very end of the series. I saw her backstory about the spell cast on her as more of a good way for Kurapika and Melody to connect, and also show that each of the body guards probably have a deep history we may never fully know about. I have almost no interest in seeing it explored further I guess because I think her ailment is part of what I like about her.

Akia999
    While I found Genthru vs Bomber fascinating and awesome, I never got the feeling Togashi had a grand scheme for the Bomber team (or the feeling that Togashi cared about them at all). Maybe that's just the feeling I got with how much about him is in mystery compared to every other HxH villain. I'd be surprised if we saw him again and he was developed more honestly. But that brings up an interesting discussion we could have.

What does the future hold for HxH characters?
    What are the side characters people want to see most in the next coming arcs and who do you want to see development from? This isn't including out main cast, Zodiacs or Beyond Netero (since they seem to be the focus currently) There's a huge laundry list of characters and hanging plot threads in HxH, but thats one of my favorite things about the series, it leaves it open to endless debate and theorizing (much like say tv's LOST). But there are certain plot threads/characters we'd all want to see wrapped up or fleshed out more then others.

I'm sure I speak for several people when I say I want more Spiders, but what exactly? I actually don't think I need more Spiders vs Kurapika, I'd be more interested in seeing whether or not Chrollo reunites with the other members and what his real intentions/goals are. I honestly don't really know beyond stealing, the scene where Gon asks what allows Chrollo to kill freely and why was always so fascinating to me. Obviously Kurapika's involvement with the Spiders is the curse on Chrollo but beyond that I wouldn't mind if they never really interacted again.

Anyone else still holding out any hope for Battle Olympia? I'd honestly love to see that.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Hm, I hope she never gets rid of the curse personally. I think her design is so interesting. I mean if she does remove it, maybe at the very end of the series. I saw her backstory about the spell cast on her as more of a good way for Kurapika and Melody to connect, and also show that each of the body guards probably have a deep history we may never fully know about. I have almost no interest in seeing it explored further I guess because I think her ailment is part of what I like about her.

Akia999
    While I found Genthru vs Bomber fascinating and awesome, I never got the feeling Togashi had a grand scheme for the Bomber team (or the feeling that Togashi cared about them at all). Maybe that's just the feeling I got with how much about him is in mystery compared to every other HxH villain. I'd be surprised if we saw him again and he was developed more honestly. But that brings up an interesting discussion we could have.

What does the future hold for HxH characters?
    What are the side characters people want to see most in the next coming arcs and who do you want to see development from? This isn't including out main cast, Zodiacs or Beyond Netero (since they seem to be the focus currently) There's a huge laundry list of characters and hanging plot threads in HxH, but thats one of my favorite things about the series, it leaves it open to endless debate and theorizing (much like say tv's LOST). But there are certain plot threads/characters we'd all want to see wrapped up or fleshed out more then others.

I'm sure I speak for several people when I say I want more Spiders, but what exactly? I actually don't think I need more Spiders vs Kurapika, I'd be more interested in seeing whether or not Chrollo reunites with the other members and what his real intentions/goals are. I honestly don't really know beyond stealing, the scene where Gon asks what allows Chrollo to kill freely and why was always so fascinating to me. Obviously Kurapika's involvement with the Spiders is the curse on Chrollo but beyond that I wouldn't mind if they never really interacted again.

Anyone else still holding out any hope for Battle Olympia? I'd honestly love to see that.
    I want to see the following side characters return/given more focus:
    - Genthru
    - Hanzo
    - Zepile
    - Kite and Koala
    - Wing and Zushi
    - Biscuit

I'd like to see these side characters again in a greater capacity.

As for your question regarding Battle Olympia, I actually mentioned in a thread a while ago that I want the final battle of Gon and Hisoka to occur at Battle Olympia as I feel that the place of their first battle should also be the place of their last battle. Heaven's Arena is a grand stage and a place where people go for the thrill of fighting, the perfect stage or Hisoka and Gon's final showdown.

To be entirely honest, I am not at all interested in seeing the Spiders in the manga again any time soon. I feel that other characters are more deserving of time. The Spiders have been in every arc since their appearance, I think the next arc should take a break from them and focus on lesser developed characters.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well to be fair I placed my emphasis on Chrollo, but I actually agree with you, when a series has such a large cast it can become difficult to balance them all (Naruto Bleach).

Hisoka hints that him and Gon should fight again outside the ring, so I don't know if we'll see them go at it again like in Heaven's Arena, but I'd enjoy it.

I love Zepile, I think he was a really neat minor character, he's very modest but determined in his craft. And although its mostly unrelated to the main plot I felt it showed us the non combat skills Hunters could learn, I totally get his desire to help Gon and Killua after having his work complimented even though he didn't think much of it himself. I hope he isn't killed off or totally forgotten, I'd like to see his expertise be of use in the future.

I'd like to see what Zushi's goals are, we really don't know much about him, or how he even came to Heaven's Arena.

I think everyone wants more Hanzo, he was just a likeable guy. This new arc was quite the spectacle for me since I could only imagine the types of adventures we could see with all these old faces returning.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With all this talk of Genthru I thought I should try coloring him.

Also here's my Kite coloring if you haven't seen it before

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Hisoka is a pedo!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember finding that scene very disturbing. Wonder if they'll actually show it in the new anime?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I remember finding that scene very disturbing. Wonder if they'll actually show it in the new anime?
    It's possible since little kids just might not get the inneundeo to be affected by it.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The scene was disturbing,but quite funny at the same time.Not something you see in your everyday shonen.
    I think they will show it.I know they did in the old anime.

New Reply
Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast