Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

It is being said that a special announcement will appear after the credits of Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge film.
    Could it be the announcement of manga return!?

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    It is being said that a special announcement will appear after the credits of Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge film.
    Could it be the announcement of manga return!?
    In my mind,THIS IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    In my mind,THIS IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT!
    I think that HxH manga will return in March (15 year since HxH began)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that HxH manga will return in March (15 year since HxH began)
    Don't try and steal my stuff FutureFrog! I called this like in November xD J/k >.<

Damn.. March is way too far. That's like.. 60+ days

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

In my dreams, that's the announcement as well. :emo
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Don't try and steal my stuff FutureFrog! I called this like in November xD J/k >.<

Damn.. March is way too far. That's like.. 60+ days
    credit to GingFuriksu for that idea!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

March?!
    Man, Togashi is really lazy; hope that he will come back with excellent chapters...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

togashi aint lazy, he takes the time he needs imo.

If he'd be forced to publish at the pace of other mangaka the quality would drop immensely and so would his motivation.

He could still deliver an awesome manga, but he would not be able to get character developement the way we are used to it from HxH, he would not be able to think of beautiful side stories like those in the chimera ant arc, he would not be able to get into all the details and since i firmly believe that HxH will be his last manga, i think Togashi wants to do it right or not do it at all.
    Remember his age, too, manga industry is no joke, it takes a toll.

I think he deeply cares about his work and thus he wont diminish the quality just to please his publisher or his fans.
    Because we all now there is no such thing as 'enough content' for fanboys anyway.

If he returns at march with 20 chapters in his bag then i am more than happy.
    (ofc, if he got 30......then i will be even more than more than happy <.< )

I still cannot figure out how much time HxH has left.
    I mean, it could go on for a looong time, we have all those new characters introduced, we finally got to see gin, we have the zodiac, we have kurapica+spiders back, we got alluka, we got pariston and his temp hunters and a whole new world to discover.

It could as well end pretty soon in like 50 chapters for the case that the new world will be an epilogue of some kind and togashi deals with all the unfinished business and ends with gon gin and others departing to the new world.

What has to be dealt with tho is the whole alluka business and where she got the powers from, the spiders issues of kurapica, jairo storyline and paristons day x.
    Also, i am rather sure about Hisoka fighting a big character in the near future, may it be gon, killuah or illumi and probably dying before the end of HxH

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post

If he'd be forced to publish at the pace of other mangaka the quality would drop immensely and so would his motivation.

He could still deliver an awesome manga, but he would not be able to get character developement the way we are used to it from HxH, he would not be able to think of beautiful side stories like those in the chimera ant arc, he would not be able to get into all the details and since i firmly believe that HxH will be his last manga, i think Togashi wants to do it right or not do it at all.

I think he deeply cares about his work and thus he wont diminish the quality just to please his publisher or his fans.
    Because we all now there is no such thing as 'enough content' for fanboys anyway.

I kinda both agree and disagree. For the setup he is using (working without assistants, sending drafts then redrawing things, etc.), he does need more time. And yes, I do believe that the HxH we have right now will be immensely different had he gone the ordinary route (put himself on deadlines, get assistants, push himself to send mind-blowing art each chapter instead of drafts, etc.) I do, however, also think that he's rather fortunate to be given as much leeway as he gets. It seems unfair for other mangaka, and truth be told I think it really is grossly unfair, but I also kinda admire how he is valued so much that he literally gets to call the shots in the contract.

What I'm trying to say is that his work ethics suck, and I don't want to condone it. But the payoff for that is quality manga that many fans adore. Togashi has built his reputation up so much that he is valued (for the money it reels in the magazine), and though his work ethics are really awful, I really can't help but be awed with how he gets to get away with that in the manga industry.

Anyway, I've seen this topic being discussed to death already. Come on guys, we all know Togashi's work ethics isn't exactly the best. Let's not even pretend that it is. The thing is that some are willing to let it pass because, hey, the manga is really good. And some don't like it because it's unfair/it brings a lot of hiatus/the manga sucks anyway (in their opinion?)/etc.

You can't please everybody, and that's that.

Quote Quote:
    What has to be dealt with tho is the whole alluka business and where she got the powers from, the spiders issues of kurapica, jairo storyline and paristons day x.
    Also, i am rather sure about Hisoka fighting a big character in the near future, may it be gon, killuah or illumi and probably dying before the end of HxH
    I will not stand for Alluka and Gyro to remain a mystery, and for Pariston's cocoon farm be forgotten. I need to know more about them.

Especially Alluka, because she really tips the power balance in the series for me. It bugs me a lot.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Alluka's power fits within the limits of nen capabilities. It has a restriction applied which makes it much more powerful for starters. She has restricted it to only one person being able to get wishes with no side effects (Killua). Everyone else that try use this ability has bad side effect. Alluka herself cannot make a wish or just wish something she wants to happen, only others can use her ability. Its not very powerful in that regard as she is at the will of other people.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post

I still cannot figure out how much time HxH has left.
    I mean, it could go on for a looong time, we have all those new characters introduced, we finally got to see gin, we have the zodiac, we have kurapica+spiders back, we got alluka, we got pariston and his temp hunters and a whole new world to discover.

It could as well end pretty soon in like 50 chapters for the case that the new world will be an epilogue of some kind and togashi deals with all the unfinished business and ends with gon gin and others departing to the new world.

NO. He's LAZY ! He had 9 months to re draw only about 4 chapters and he didn't do anything...

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Alluka's power fits within the limits of nen capabilities. It has a restriction applied which makes it much more powerful for starters. She has restricted it to only one person being able to get wishes with no side effects (Killua). Everyone else that try use this ability has bad side effect. Alluka herself cannot make a wish or just wish something she wants to happen, only others can use her ability. Its not very powerful in that regard as she is at the will of other people.
    I know it is still within the limits of the Nen system. It just bugs me that Gon gets healed so easily because of her. Well, it's more like I can accept it regardless, but it still rubs me off the wrong way for some reason.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I know it is still within the limits of the Nen system. It just bugs me that Gon gets healed so easily because of her. Well, it's more like I can accept it regardless, but it still rubs me off the wrong way for some reason.
    Because it was somewhat a free pass.

In the same time, due the logic of the world used by Togashi, there wasn't anything else that could achieve such a feat. In the same way there is not any human that surpasses Meryem and the only way was with something nuclear.

Togashi uses this a bit grossly, but I think He's very conscious about the limits of powers and who are able to surpass it and how. He has been consistent about it and instead of the typical "I raise up a level and kick your ass and suddenly Gon is the strongest one on earth" He found a way to do it with consequences that were avoided by a weird new element with its own set of rules.

For me, Togashi just tried to keep the story consistent in the levels of the main cast, adding some other characters with unique abilities (Also, Alluka Nen is impressive and the set of rules are somewhat coherent and the explanation of her abilities were amazingly done. Togashi also tried to not just introduce her and leave it so easy, He managed to wrap the arc with getting her and the election.)

That whole arc is my favorite, even if it's the shorter one.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon doesn't exactly get a free pass. Killua uses Alluka to save Gon but this means that he can no longer be with Gon, and as you can see in their separation at the end of Election arc, Gon is crushed by this (look at his face as he says goodbye). In order for Gon to be saved he has to part ways with his best friend in the world.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

btw everyone i watched today dbz and i noticed then something about hxh
    Gon and Killua are a bit like Son Goten and Trunks
    what you guys think about it sounds a bit carried away but
    could togashi have the idea from dbz?
    doesnt matters really i know that Gon and Killua are 1000 times better chars then them but still interesting
    Last edited by Kiba; January 07, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast