Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

My bad i typed "here" instead of "her".I was talking about Alluka,but i think you underestimate the butler,even Kurapika who learned Nen in 6 months is able to capture Chrollo with his long chain in split seconds.I don't see why 4 trained butlers could not kill Alluka or even Killua at this distance.

He values Alluka and it's why he wanted to use her like a tool.It's easy to say that he will say Nanika do stuff again and again but for someone who loves his sister so much and who didn't want to do it before.To give her orders consecutively must be very trying for him.

Killua is a killer but he is also very sensible,when Illumi treated Alluka like a tool he even cried.I don't think he could have do that.

By the way,all this made me wonder.Can Alluka resuscitate people?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only person who can possibly kill Killua before he can finish saying a wish would be Meryem, but that's not even relevent because originally he was making a wish inside the room where Alluka is locked up. He had enough time to make that convoluted 'if then else' wish so he certainly has enough time to say 'teleport us a few thousand miles away'. That'd be instant game over for the rest of the family. They'd have absolutely no recourse and Killua can take his time to figure out the next sequence of wishes to get the job done and clean things up.

We know Killua must have abused Nanika in the past, because otherwise it's impossible for him to know exactly what wishes are possible. Ilumi didn't even think teleportation was possible, but Killua knew it was. The only way he can know is if he tried teleporting something with Nanika before, and he could not have paid the price for that because that'd be way too risky (what's the price to teleport something? Should be way higher than being a millionaire). Even if he made a wish like 'tell me what you're capable of doing' that'd still require a freebie, because again something like this is too dangerous to attempt. You can't place a value on what is the price 'to know Alluka's full powers' and looking at what Alluka charges for even a millionaire wish, if Killua actually attempted these wishes the normal way before then the Z family would've already been wiped out.

He's going to abuse Nanika anyway, because he has no possible way to pay back the price for curing Gon. It's clear his plan all along was to use a free wish on Gon, probably because nobody in HXH can possibly pay back the price you need for such a wish. Even his final wish was for Nanika to not listen to OTHER people's wish. He is still keeping the option for himself.

Killua isn't some lame hypocritical guy who is freaking out about how to handle the power of infinity. He is clearly aware that Nanika's power is crucial to being able to protect her and he's not afraid to use it. He's also selfish enough that he's willing to sacrifice Nanika for his personal happiness as he did when he told Nanika to never come back (and that wish sure looks premediated as opposed to something he randomly thought of). But here's the problem: if you are willing to abuse your wishes and you ultimately don't even care what Nanika thinks, why on earth would you take any chances on whether Alluka gets hurt? Because Killua is not a hypocrite, he should come to the conclusion of something like "I'm going to have to ask for a wish I cannot possibly ever repay, and I'm going to banish Nanika into the void after I'm done anyway, so since I clearly don't care about Nanika's feelings at all, maybe I should ask for a utility teleport and memory erasure to make sure Alluka doesn't needlessly get put into life and death situation."

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

By the way you can surmise Killua's priority is something like:

1. Cure Gon.
    2. Protect Alluka.
    3. ????
    4. Candy
    5. Nanika's feelings.

Now let's go back to the Ant arc. Pitou, who is stronger than all the assault team present put together, and who is quite sure he can take out Gon in one hit, still did not wanted to fight him while Komugi is around because he fears any stray hit could kill her.

This means even if you're unfathomably stronger than your opposition you might not be able to keep a random, completely normal person alive in the middle of a serious battle.

It goes without saying Killua expects significant opposition from Ilumi to get Alluka to where Gon is. There's no reason for him to assume Alluka wouldn't die to any stray attack even against say a random guy controlled by Ilumi.

And because Killua isn't some kind of hypocrite that pretends he's holier than thou, and he places Alluka's safety way above anything related to Nanika, he should've used Nanika's teleportation power to get out of this mess. Indeed, even if he did make a wish like 'make me strongest person in HXH', it's not certain Alluka would get out alive. Meryem, after all, failed to protect Komugi against a trivial attack (relative to him) and he was definitely the strongest being in HXH.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think it makes sense that he didnt want illumi and the rest to know about her abilities.

For all he knows they could be screening the whole conversation, also some butlers know about it.

He cannot be sure whether the 'erase memory' trick would work, since he would have to make a very concrete wish for that one.

It is very dangerous to wish for anything without being very precise.

Even 'teleport us away' could result in death.

His family is not dumb, i think they are well aware of the fact that he could wish for their memeories to be erased, and now that illumi knows about allukas full abilities, he most certainly will have filed it, or saved it into a needle in his brain or whatever he can do.

The situation is dangerous for killuah, he can wish for anything, but he wont wish for the death of his family.

If he wished for s th like 'alluka, do that our parents wont find us' that could easily result in their death.
    Even if he said 'without hurting them' that could be very dangerous or not what he wanted.

I am also certain that allukas abilities will be explained later and i bet they are connected to the dark continent.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post
    I still think it makes sense that he didnt want illumi and the rest to know about her abilities.

For all he knows they could be screening the whole conversation, also some butlers know about it.

He cannot be sure whether the 'erase memory' trick would work, since he would have to make a very concrete wish for that one.

It is very dangerous to wish for anything without being very precise.

Even 'teleport us away' could result in death.

His family is not dumb, i think they are well aware of the fact that he could wish for their memeories to be erased, and now that illumi knows about allukas full abilities, he most certainly will have filed it, or saved it into a needle in his brain or whatever he can do.

The situation is dangerous for killuah, he can wish for anything, but he wont wish for the death of his family.

If he wished for s th like 'alluka, do that our parents wont find us' that could easily result in their death.
    Even if he said 'without hurting them' that could be very dangerous or not what he wanted.

I am also certain that allukas abilities will be explained later and i bet they are connected to the dark continent.
    Nanika isn't a malicious GM of a Dungeon & Dragons game who tries to screw up your 'wish' casts. In fact Nanika is heavily biased God in favor of Killua, so why would she purposely try to screw up his wishes? It's not like you say "Nanika erase everyone but my memory about your powers" then she just crushes the brain of everyone who knows about her. Nanika's power exceeds the combined human potential (no human in HXH is believed to be able to save Gon) so it implies any human-usable power, she can use them trivially. Ilumi can erase Nanika's existence from Killua, so why would an all-powerful God fail to do the same? You can't have backup plans against God. If Nanika erases your memory it's just flat out gone. Likewise Novu can sort of quasi-teleport stuff across large distances, so of course Nanika can do that too. You don't have a character who is supposed to be deathly afraid of Ilumi that just randomly came up with a 'teleport Ilumi home' without knowing this would work because it'd be way too risky if it did not. Of course Killua knew it was going to work and it'll work safely. Nanika teleported an airship full of cash and people to grant the millionaire wish. Why would she have any problem transporting object across arbitary distances?

Actually the 'free wish' could make sense if Nanika was a malicious GM of a D&D, i.e. you teleport somebody and you end up having them combust because Nanika just hurled something from point A to point B at supersonic speed. You wish to erase someone's memory and it just ends up crushing the brains of all the guys involved. In that case Killua can be reasonably handicapped even armed with infinite wishes, but we know Nanika is anything but a malicious GM.

To use a quote I saw elsewhere, Killua with infinite wishes is equivalent of God, and in HXH you can't fight God, unlike most shonens.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

As an aside, all the contingency plan the Z family had assumes Killua gets ONE wish and would need to at least deal with the 3 pesterings. Since most of the convenient wishes like teleport/mass memory erasure/etc are clearly extremely powerful wishes, this means even if Killua is totally selfish and have no concern for lives of others, just the scope of the number of deaths would greatly limit his options. His ideal wish is most likely still 'teleport a few thousand miles away', but as this is considered an incredible power (Ilumi was thrilled when he found out Alluka had a power like that), one would expect the price to pay of being at least hundreds of deaths (there are a lot of millionaires in HXH, but no one can truly teleport). Even if Killua is totally ruthless and just kidnaps a random guy to eat the 3 pesterings, he really has no way of being sure that what if the guy he kidnapped has so few contacts that he ends up being one of the guy killed. There's a very high probability Killua ends up dead as well and while that'd suck, at least the family would definitely survive in this case.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend that you re-read that arc, Phan. There are some few assumptions you're making that are not quite it.
    And yes, Nanika IS that evil genius, that malicious GM of D&D.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was implied that nanika can grant ur wish but it maybe in a screwed way. Like the story of the the butler who wanted to be a billionaire and ended up having raining with money but a plane crashed, I interpreted it as the money could be related to the plain quite directly.

And @phan hunters are selfish. Most characters in the story are selfish doing their own stuff, pursuing own interests, while taking advantage of certain privellages, some of them eventually contribute to the society but that comes after,in fact there wil probably be only few hunters that aren't like that hakoware guy and shoot,

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When the butler wished to be a millionaire he got the standard zenny unit of currency, not say the money from the country Meryem took over (which trades something like 40000 to 1 to zenny). The airship did not crash. It just dropped the money and then went on its way.

The whole point is that Nanika is benevalent and people are cursed by their own greed. She's not trying to screw you up by misinterpreting your wishes. Teleportation doesn't end up with the charred remains of somebody that's been hurled across space at light speed. Talking about the drawbacks of the wishes is literally reading stuff that isn't there. Even in the wish/pestering model, the drawback always goes to the next person unfortunate enough to have to do pesterings and the only drawback would be if you're related to the next guy in some way due to the chain effect on failing.

Ilumi flat out says Alluka is invinicible (and it never occurred to him that Killua can turn this invinicibility around against him). Whatever theoractical weakness is irrelevent when you can just reuse wishes to come up with a set of conditions that renders any attempt to harm ineffective.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

I think people drink the Ilumi cool-aid as in since Ilumi apparently looks like he has everything under control it clearly isn't very hard to deal with Alluka. Ilumi is basically insane when it comes to Killua. He for some reason believes Killua loves him the most and won't harm him, and even if he dies he sees this as a way to cement his influence on Killua. So he is both fearless and insane to the point even Hisoka thinks he's kind of messed up, so he has no fear while scheming against the equivalent of an all-powerful God.

Note that Silva canceled the lookout order after finding out Alluka's power here:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/336/19

He doesn't know Killua made a wish to seal Alluka's power at this point (Killua made all the butlers leave). He did this before he is a normal (relatively) person who quickly came to the conclusion that because Alluka is completely unstoppable, Killua must be trustworthy because he can circumvent any effort made by the family to contain Alluka once he reached her. In fact, this highlights how ridiculous this whole conflict was. Had Killua told the truth while he was inside the room, Silva would've let him go because he knows you cannot fight God. This wouldn't stop Ilumi, who is insane, but Silva would probably tell Killua that his brother is insane enough to challenge a God so he shouldn't be so wishy-washy with Alluka and just wish for something that can definitely stop an insane man who wanted to fight God.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This page is important to understand Killua motifs.
    This page is also important to understand Killua actions
    And this is the evil genie thingie. Although now I understand what you say, and yes, Nanika doesn't turn your wishes against you.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 'commands' Killua needed to use for this arc regardless of how it happened:

1. Cure Gon. (we know he can't possibly pay back the pestering cost for such a wish)
    2. Prevent Nanika from coming back again. (by definition you wouldn't need to pay anything back after that so might as well be a command)

Killua firmly believes Alluka will only be safe if Nanika is gone. So after asking for a ridiculous free wish his next wish basically is 'thanks for coming but goodbye forever'. And then he argue about not wanting to use Nanika like a tool? Does having a minor wish like teleport somehow makes Nanika feel better when Killua tells her to never come back? If you say it matters then Killua must be one of the biggest hypocrite I've seen, and he's not supposed to be such a character. All along he's been someone who is definitely willing to accept sacrifices to get things done. If he was planning to dump Nanika at the end anyway (since this is the only way he thinks his family will leave him alone) then he's already accepting the fact that Nanika is a neat tool for him to get free wishes that he's going to drop as soon as the last big wish is done (cure Gon). There's no point to go through all the needless danger (Ilumi was trying to kill Alluka, which is clearly something that could've worked) just to score 5 more affection points with Nanika before banishing her to the void.

I just noticed one of the really crazy things in this arc. After curing Gon, Killua went ahead and told him everything about Alluka, including the fact that he has unlimited wishes, because clearly Gon is trustworthy even though Gon is a guy who randomly blew off Killua whenever he feels like it. On the other hand, Killua is unable to share this secret with his father, Silva, who is a role model father not only in HXH but possibly across all manga. This is despite the fact that Silva called off the lookout order after knowing Alluka's power. Killua also notes that Silva also still thought of Alluka as a daughter by the toys, and Silva tipped off the fact that Ilumi was willing to kill Alluka. Had he simply tell the truth to his father, Silva would've said something like, "Son, your brother isn't someone to be reasoned with so you better make a command powerful enoguh to make sure he can't attempt to kill Alluka or brainwash you", and there are any number of possible commands that can do this rather easily with Alluka's power. So all this is self-inflicted because Killua cannot trust his father, who has done everything possible to help his son. Contrast this to Gon, who admires and trusts Ging unconditoinally even though Ging abandoned him when he was a baby, and had a deathtrap waiting for him in Greed Island with Razor.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

respond for togashi's bad drawing laziness and hiatsu
    i didn't understand the lyrics but i laughed

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The muscular guy is supposed to be an editor from Jump.

The picture with Gon crying had a caption that was something along the lines of "I was a fool to believe HXH would be a weekly"

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The muscular guy is supposed to be an editor from Jump.

The picture with Gon crying had a caption that was something along the lines of "I was a fool to believe HXH would be a weekly"
    lol I wonder what Togashi thinks about his own Hiatus. I know that he doesnt have any reason to feel guilty, but a year-long cliffhanger is really annoying xD

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but at least he managed to finish an arc and then give a "preview" for the next one, it seems.

I've managed to get into Magi and after catching up on the anime it's time for me to marathon the manga in the meantime.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i found something interesting
    here he is for real XD

19. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by souhail View Post
    respond for togashi's bad drawing laziness and hiatsu
    i didn't understand the lyrics but i laughed
    Togashi:Just as planned.(death note reference) XD
    Even though I don't understand japanese,I actually found it funny.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast