Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [01]

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    And
    Best Ending Theme : Hunting For Your Dreams
    Best Action : Hunter X Hunter (2011)
    Best Villain : Hisoka (Hunter X Hunter)
    Best Episode : Hunter X Hunter - Episode 51
    Best WTF Moment : Hisoka - Hunter X Hunter
    It's time to celebrate!

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay!

*pops the champagne*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers!

*Drinks the champagne*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you guys think killing in the HxH world is so uhhhhh...........underrated?

I mean even when Killua's butler was killed, we saw no strong grief from Killua or anything like that. Hisoka and Illumi go around killing others but nobody cares. Really the only character who seems to have proper emotional reaction is Gon I think. Other than that everyone else seems to be semi-sociopath or apathetic.

Sorry if I didn't describe this well enough. It's just something I always found weird in HxH.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    Why do you guys think killing in the HxH world is so uhhhhh...........underrated?

I mean even when Killua's butler was killed, we saw no strong grief from Killua or anything like that. Hisoka and Illumi go around killing others but nobody cares. Really the only character who seems to have proper emotional reaction is Gon I think. Other than that everyone else seems to be semi-sociopath or apathetic.

Sorry if I didn't describe this well enough. It's just something I always found weird in HxH.
    No one knew who Hisoka and Illumi killed. And Killua and Alluka don't even know Gotoh is dead... O.o

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

As was said, Killua doesn't know about it.

And secondly, I think there is a lot of grief about it. Case 1: Meryem and Komugi. Case 2: Kuruta Tribe. Case 3: Uvogin. Anyway, we're reading the world trough Hunters eye, people who are used to the notion of having their lives on the risk all the time.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm forgetting bits of the manga because it has been a while since I read it. What I meant to say is how death isn't taken as seriously as it is in our world. Like even in the Hunter Exam you can die. I know you see things like this in other manga but since Togashi tends to have a reason behind the most smallest of things, I was just wondering why the world of Hunter X Hunter was like that? What is Togashi trying to say?

IMO Togashi is portraying the inner reality of humans. IIRC characters in HxH only show grief or alarm over the dead when the deceased is someone they know. Like the Hunter Association were sad when Netero was killed however they didn't seem to care much about the deaths of the candidates of the Hunter Exam. In our world whenever death is announced on the news we go about saying 'Oh that's terrible' and stuff like that but are we really being honest with ourselves? We don't even know these people so how genuine is our grief?

I think what Togashi is trying to portray is that the characters in Hunter X Hunter are true to themselves. They don't try to 'force' grief out of themselves for someone they're not acquainted with. They just go 'yeah I don't care because I don't know you'. That's one thing I've noticed about the series is that within the world of HxH there isn't really any social norm. Everyone bes themselves and nobody just follows something because other people follow it. Even Hunters are very diverse Though in a way I guess this could mean the characters are less empathetic then people in our world since they're too true to themselves. I don't really remember but didn't Killua have some sort of having trouble to understand Gon problems in the Chimera Ant and Election Arc?
    Last edited by DraMas26; February 07, 2013 at 04:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm forgetting bits of the manga because it has been a while since I read it. What I meant to say is how death isn't taken as seriously as it is in our world. Like even in the Hunter Exam you can die. I know you see things like this in other manga but since Togashi tends to have a reason behind the most smallest of things, I was just wondering why the world of Hunter X Hunter was like that? What is Togashi trying to say?

IMO Togashi is portraying the inner reality of humans. IIRC characters in HxH only show grief or alarm over the dead when the deceased is someone they know. Like the Hunter Association were sad when Netero was killed however they didn't seem to care much about the deaths of the candidates of the Hunter Exam. In our world whenever death is announced on the news we go about saying 'Oh that's terrible' and stuff like that but are we really being honest with ourselves? We don't even know these people so how genuine is our grief?

I think what Togashi is trying to portray is that the characters in Hunter X Hunter are true to themselves. They don't try to 'force' grief out of themselves for someone they're not acquainted with. They just go 'yeah I don't care because I don't know you'. That's one thing I've noticed about the series is that within the world of HxH there isn't really any social norm. Everyone bes themselves and nobody just follows something because other people follow it. Even Hunters are very diverse Though in a way I guess this could mean the characters are less empathetic then people in our world since they're too true to themselves. I don't really remember but didn't Killua have some sort of having trouble to understand Gon problems in the Chimera Ant and Election Arc?
    This is common throughout HxH.

The Troupe mourns Uvo and Paku deaths but dont care to kill or the lives of others.
    The Bombers do not care of the lives of others but care immensely for one another.
    Gon mourns the death of Kite but doesnt care when people dying in Hunter Exam or G.I.

There is many other times. What I believe Togashi is saying is that humans accept death as every day occurence but when it is family or friends they hurt.
    Family and friends are important to us and what essentially make us 'human' is our love for them. Togashi highlights humanity other side through not caring of deaths and even the characters that kill without caring.

Netero says 'do not underestimate the limitless malice within the human soul', he is right.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG
    Spoiler show

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keirin's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

It was in the back of an older volume.

MH Senpai 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Cupid's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I AM FLYING AROUND MH LOOKING FOR LOVE PLEASE JOIN HERE

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! YOU'RE LOOKING FOR LOVE!? YOU'RE LOOKING FOR TROUBLE!? ROFL! I'm just kidding. I love love, and it loves me back.
    It's cool to see that MH has a cupid.
    So Cupid, can you really guarantee me that I'll definitely be loved by the one I have my eyes on? How does that work? Do you simply shoot us with your deadly...uh... I mean... your lovely arrows, to ignite the fiery feeling of love in us? Lol, isn't that dangerous? Don't you know that arrows are deadly weapons? Do you wanna kill us with your arrows, Cupid, huh? That's not nice, Cupid.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You can send a letter to Togashi?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I acctually like it this way

It gives a stench that anyone can die and if they do thenTOUGH SHIT because you're not important enough for life to stop for you!

ugh...love...think I'll pass....

..yeah, definetly passing...
    ..I MEAN IT...
    ..DAMMIT!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like