Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Agatha (if she didn't awaken and was alive)
Cassandra (if she wasn't an AB)
Girls that were hugging Raki
Hysteria (if she was alive and not an AB)
Irene (if she was alive)
Luciella (if she didn't awaken and was alive)
Miata (her grown up version)
Ophelia (if she was alive and Priscilla was dead)
Priscilla (current one)
Priscilla (if she didn't awaken and Organization would be gone)
Rafaela (if she was alive and her sister dead or they both would be alive and not AB)
Renee (if she was alive)
Riful (if she didn't awaken, was alive and mature)
Roxanne (if she was alive and not AB)
Teresa (if she was alive)
I've created this topic so we would have a place to discuss Claymore pairings and could talk about romantic relationships as well as to list characters most/least likely to settle down and find their second halves. I think that it's a bit more universal topic than the usual character x character ones.
So without further ado which Claymores do you think are most likely to become wives and which are most likely to become nuns? And do you have any pairing you would like to become true?
Oh, and if someone has and idea for a better entry post feel free to post it and I'll edit this one quoting yours.
Potential wife material:
1) Deneve - I would feel sorry for her husband though since she would definitely try and henpeck him
2) Clare - it seems inevitable she will end up with Raki but personally I think Cid/Sid would be a better match for her since he's not a retard at least
3) Helen - she's a party girl with a big mouth, if not for the fact she is a Claymore she would have 11 kids by now
4) Cynthia - she's the sweet type, possibly the best wife candidate of the bunch since she's most normal and doesn't have even a bit of craziness in her
5) Yuma - a shy type
0) Galatea (she basically is one so I'm marking her as number 0)
1) Miria - miss "I-know-everything-and-you-do-not-ha-ha-ha" - a terrible wife candidate
2) Tabitha - she doesn't see the world besides Miria so she would go where Miria would go
3) Rachel - she wouldn't find anyone even if she wanted to ;P
Pairings with Goral's seal of approval:
1) Cid x Clare - they both seemed to enjoy each other's company and their kiss was more natural than pedo-creepy Clare x Raki moment
2) Galatea x Galk - in case Galatea would prefer to abandon her celibacy I think she and Galk would be a good pair since both of them are quite similar to each other and are basically nice to everyone (yeah, I know there's a saying that opposites attract but it doesn't apply more often to humans than similar people being attracted to each other)
Pairings that I do not approve:
1) Clare x Raki - it seems forced to me and I don't really see a reason why Clare would want to end up with that retard
2) Riful x Duff - it's loli x fat old guy, need I say more?
I've run out of ideas. Maybe someone has his own pairings in mind.
---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------
I've added a poll. Because there were only 30 options feel free to add your own in your post.
Last edited by Goral; June 04, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
Does wife material mean mother material? Because while I can't see many Claymore actually married, some of them definitely have practice dealing with children.
Mother material :
Galatea : look at how the orphans in Rabona love her - and the line for father candidates would be very long!
Clarice : already has practice with Miata
Miria : dealt with six children (oops, sorry, comrades) for seven years; besides she's overly protective of her charges
Potential nuns :
Tabitha : girl needs to grow a freaking personality!
Pairings I can see (not counting Raki's 'cuz I can imagine him with about any girl; special mention to Raki x Renee though, I would have loved to see that one) :
Sid x Helen : they're just so alike
Sid x Yuma : confident guy x insecure girl. Yuma would look so cute as she gets flutered when he tries to woo her
Sid x Clarice : see above
Galk x Deneve : stoic meets stoic
Galk x Cynthia : the big serious guy meeting the sweet, cheerful girl
Galk x Dietrich : another stoic meets stoic crossed with huge guy/tiny girl
Isley x Miria : I know they're enemies but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if they had met in friendly circumstances. They're both charismatic born leaders; I can see them growing some real respect and admiration for each other - or trying to get the other under their thrall
Rubel x Rachel : just for the hell of it! I love to see the smug bastard suffer *evil laugh* It's become a running gag for me to saddle the skinny baldie with the overly muscular manly warrior in my fics - guess who's the man in the relationship
Pairings I don't like :
Dauf x Riful : Okay I'll admit they did love each other but it became creepy when we learned he got a crush on her when she was a kid - at least Raki was a teen when he got his for Clare
And while Yuri pairings would be too numerous to list, does anyone wonder what would have happened if Roxanne and Ophelia had met?
Its probably going to happen. So don't let your hatred for Raki ruin it for you. Because that would be RetardedQuote:
Now that I call interesting. It is also enjoying to see, that ClarexRaki does not get your approval, Goral.
Here I go, then:
Canon-Pairings I can see happening
ClarexRaki (sadly enough) - Main heroine and main unimportant character. Opposites attract.
HelenxDeneve (until Deneve tears Helen apart) - they have great potential due to their differences in personalities. Also they have known each other for a while and seem to get along well. I'd also like to see them fighting over the smallest things. Good potential for comedy.
People likely to stay alone
Clare - yep, she's in here, too. All she tends to do is to "shoo" away the bad guys, mostly close to her own death. Everyone who has a brain and closely knows her will avoid ending up with her, because having to replace her would be a likely scenario.
Tabitha - she has an endless devotion to her belved captain. However, Miria has some similarities to Clare - being a bit suicidal, that is. I can see Tabitha end up staying at Miria's grave forever, if she ever was to die. On the other hand, even if she was to tell Miria about her affections, Miria would most likely not give a f*ck, because her beloved one is already dead. Oh, and Tabitha should punch her already.
So, to lazy to write more. Maybe later.
Potential Wife Material
1. Galatea -emotionally mature, stable; practical personality; caring towards children; kind and courageous
2. Miria -responsible, tactful, sensitive to others' feelings, great sense of duty, emotionally mature and stable, forgiving, tolerant of others' faults, very thoughtful
3. Cynthia -cheerful, kind, good at taking care of others (when they are injured), emotionally mature and stable, very sweet
4. Anastasia -a pleasant person to spend time with, very generous and friendly, a cheerful and mature person
Potential girlfriend material
1. Helen -fun to hang out with, not sure if she is the type to want to settle down and have kids....
2. Clare -caring, loyal, and calm. However, she seems to be only living for revenge. It may take a few years and some soul searching (after she kills Priscilla) for her to realize that she needs to live life for herself and her happiness instead of living for Teresa's memory
3. Clarice -she is kind and caring, also courageous and loyal, but I feel she still needs more experience in life. She is still very very fresh.
1. Miria - yes, I have her down for both wife and nun material because despite all the virtues I listed above, she is also very bossy, sometimes impulsive, and emotionally distant and secretive, and over-confident.
2. Tabitha -I agree with Goral in that Tabitha is probably gay for Miria...
3. Devene -she would be very difficult to get along with in real life
4. Teresa -she can be a good mother, but I can't imagine her in a romantic relationship with a man......
5. Irene -she is so...stiff. Can't see her in a relationship.
My favorite pairing: Riful x Dauf. This one is unpopular, but I feel that Riful is much more emotionally mature and wiser than Dauf. Despite her childish appearance, she is anything but a child. Oddly enough, in the entire series so far, only Riful and Dauf's deaths have made me cry.....I shed no tears in the Teresa arc, no tears for Jean or Flora, and no tears even for Miria's "death" (even though she's my favorite character), but I was very moved by Riful and Dauf.
I dont like: Raki x Clare. I like their platonic relationship and wish it will stay that way. I've always had a soft spot for Raki becuase he is like a little brother I never had. Seeing him grow up in recent chapters made me happy, but I want Clare to always be his big sister; I believe that in Clare's eyes, he will always be the cute but bratty little brother who needs her protection.
I approve of Clare x Raki, they're made for each other. I have a similar personality to Clare's and I'm attracted to him too.
Even before the time skip they weren't 'pedo-creepy' because he'd got older by the time they visited Rabona, and the pairing doesn't feel forced because it was actually quite natural they would fall for one another if you think about it... they're two teenagers at the time they kissed, they were both close and who else did they have contact with? (Clare x Rubel? Raki x Rubel? Yea right...) Plus Raki is the first person since Teresa who protected Clare, an abused and neglected girl does feel swept off her feet by a boy like that.
The same combination of personality traits - nonthreatening and soothing, but protective and brave - is actually hot to girls anyway because it makes a man daddy material, its the same reason girls go 'squee' for other 2D boys like Allen Walker. As for Clare she has a vulnerable side men want to protect, especially if they have a protective streak to begin with.
Some people's dislike of Raki leads them to deny things that are obvious IMO...
Last edited by faintsmile1992; October 19, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
Most of you guys' ideas are really agreeable lol so I'm just gonna comment subjectively :P
Personally Cynthia, she's too damn cute. Calm and sensible but sarcastic at times.
But when I've been wandering about in the sea of Internet forums it seems that Anastasia is one of the most popular claimed waifus lol. As well as Irene, for some reason.
1) Helen is a definite wife character IMO but I am quite surprised (and glad) that she comes out top in your poll. It ain't just me who feels that way then.
2) I feel Galatea is too strong of a woman to end up as a wife though, she's perfect as a warm-hearted nun as she is now.
3) Tabitha is 120% nun-to-be. But I guess everyone knows that.
4) Riful x Dauf has actually quite a sweet relationship (despite the obvious controversies,) but I guess what we see is more or less the most developed stage of their particular bond, I mean they have been together for at least 50 years, right?
5) Poor Rachel lol. But I think I'll just ruin everyone's imagination by saying Rachel x Audrey.
is it me or i find Miria cute sometimes? xD
I am not fan of Miria but she just cute with scar or not lolol
is not that Miria does not care for Tabitha's love interest it is because we can't blame these girls yet they are still innocence about love, all they live until now was fighting and sparring and they have no time for peace yet.
Last edited by lkhlkh; December 04, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
despite someone's obvious hate for claki, clare and raki is nearly set in stone that it will happen, though, even i as a claki fan am disappointed in how yagi bridged their gap in the whole "blob" scenario.
ophelia i simply marked because i think you could find something if she stopped trying to kill you. a very big if.
helen seems to have something for that idiot cid, so there could be something.
and while miria is not a first choice, if she could settle down, she'd probably be a thought ful caring person.
ones like cynthia, yuma and tabitha are obvious
and even ones like irene could make wife material if they let themselves do so.
really as "who" could, in all reality real women with claymore traits in them, i.e. someone who has teresa, irene or even ophelia's traits have married and live among us, so in a way "who could" marry is kinda' silly cuz it's based on their choice, if they want to as in galatea's case where she seems to have withdrawn from the idea, and who would they want to settle down with.
canon wise, i think the only ones settled despite peope's whining are rakixclare and rifulxdauf with a possible priscillaxisely and some subtext to cidxhelen. at least those are the only canon ones i can think of.
this Dietrich is still vacant. I take it! from now on - she's my Wifu.
Why is Jean not on the list? If she were alive, perhaps the most obvious pairing from the series was/is Jean x Clare.
I also like to pair Ophelia x Clare. It's obvious that she only wanted to kill Raki because he was her love rival, and wanted Clare all to herself! ^^
I voted for Miria because pretty much all the Claymores want some alone time with her. Obviously Tabitha, but Galatea x Miria is my favorite pairing for her. Poor Tabitha...
Definitely Yuma x Cynthia. They love each other!
And Riful was already wifed, but she wore the pants in the relationship.
LOL if Ophelia x Clare and Miria x Galatea happen, maybe Tabitha and Raki could comfort each other after the heartbreak.
Or maybe Raki x Galatea... I mean, if the trainees look up to him as a big brother of sorts, he's going to need help raising them, and Galatea had plenty of experience with children (just kidding - mostly)
Potential wife material:
1) Cassy - A little arkward at times, but has a caring heart.
2) Tabitha - At least if she could finally accept that her affection for Miria is not just admiration. And if they are allowed to marry people of the same sex.
3) Miria - As calm and collected as she is on battlefields and as much as she knows what to do and when, I can think of her as a great wife, because I think that characters like her have a warm, charming, cute and probably even clumsy side to them, which woukld make them a wife everybody would want to return to.
1) Rachel - Rachel.
2) Deneve - I just can't see her like someone who'd even want to find a man.
3) Undine - Unless she'd stop bulking herself up. She's cute, but afraid to be herself. As longs as that's the case she'll never find anyone.
Pairings I'd approve of:
1) MiriaxTabitha - If the both of them would realize that they aren't just good friends, both of them'd be way happier - and work way better with each other. Oh, and I see Tabitha at the top.
2) LarsxChronos - I think there's no need to explain that.
3) OctaviaxRaki - We all know that all Raki would ever want is Clare, but to me he looks way better next to Octavia.
Just my few cents