Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 188 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko 188 Discussion Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; May 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 188 Spoiler Thread

Kewl's English Translation

Expect him to release the chapter on HWMN shortly.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG this seems to be beyond epic ! Can't wait for the release

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the chapter seems fucking amazing!! ( but why juinjutsuteam dont post pics anymore )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter is out: http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2012/05/23/toriko-188

EPIC.
    When this arc began with a midget wrestler making a giant sushi, nobody would have thought that things would become so intense. Since Century Soup that this wasn't so exciting.

But I suspect that Shima will solve everything too quickly.
    Even with the power up, Toriko probably can't beat Chiyo (and the golem is there too). Most likely the enemies will conveniently have to leave after a brief fight.

I hope Shima will do something better than that.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko should be limited in this powerup. If he's able to defeat Chiyo it would mean he's on the 4 National Treasure level. We've had steady small leaps of strength progression, but this would mean he could be one of the most powerful characters revealed thus far.

I was kinda disappointed with Chin's powerup, I figured it would be more than just him getting muscular. Being a bit hypocritical here I actually didn't completely mind Toriko's new appearance. Sure he got a bit more muscular, and got long hair like Sunny and Midora, but I didn't mind for some reason. Like I said, hypocritical.

Since Komatsu and Take are sort of parallel competing chefs it wouldn't surprise me if Take is partnered up with Midora himself. Since it's someone from the Bishokukai who's widely regarded as being stronger than Toriko. Plus it would be fitting for a final confrontation, Toriko vs Midora and Komatsu vs Take.

Also, I could certainly see that flying barrage of knives attack used being part of Toriko's repertoire but them each be significantly stronger. That revitalizing technique is kinda out of the blue, and sort of a cop-out if you will in my opinion. So it's dangerous because not many people at all can use it, but for some reason Take who was barely top 100 chefs can now use it? Seems like he got overpowered way too quickly. I also bet Joa the dark chef can use it.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont have words to describe how awesome this chapter was!!

All that Techniques are amazing , ootake knife seems pretty interesting as a requirement for GW ingredients and chinchin looks serius men the only thing i dont like was toriko new hairstyle.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 188 Discussion Thread

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c188/ here you can read the current chapter online also.

The chapter was beyond awesome.
    Seriously, I absolutely didn't expect Take not harming Komatsu, but trying to show of. It was really amusing. I also didn't expect Master Chin to low his guard and to get injured that badly by Chiyo in no time, though I did expect Toriko to come and help I didn't expect him to be the one to save everyone and potentially decide the outcome of the battle. Of course he hadn't decided it yet, but stil... we understand that he is going if not to dominate, but at least make them leave with the help of other good guys, but still.
    I absolutely didn't expect Toriko's new hairstyle. Hope he won't have it later. Still I hope he won't get something like Sunny's abilities, though it might be interesting in some way, but to overpowerful.

Also Take - chan seems to be given some importance. No matter who is he partnered with it seems that that person is high in the ranks of Bishokukai. It might be Midora or any of other strong members, but still he is in Gourmet World now and it seems that he is also powered up with the help of Gourmet Cells and might be that his high level skills have also gotten better with the help of other Bishokukai Chefs. We didn't expect the guy to be strong, but he might be somewhere around the level of Chiyo... Hope not, but still there is a posibility of it happening.
    P.S. Hope noone on the good side will die.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda torn on this chapter. Overall I liked it but there were parts I really liked and parts where I was like, yeah...ok.

I liked:
    Chin's power up. I never woulda guessed he could bring out that 1 ton of muscle appearance wise. And I haven't counted him out yet, his and Chiyo's fight is just starting. He's just been stabbed once...that's it. We've seen other fights in Toriko where people have been shot through the throat, have had arms cut off, etc and kept fighting.

The techniques the Chiyo and the assistant masters were showing. Gives me ideas of what other character's can do in the future.

I did NOT like:
    The idea of the revitalizing knife. The knife itself is fine, but I'm with LoS...it sorta seems like a cop out to get Komatsu out of being injured. And the fact that Take can use it. Well, if technically him and Komatsu are supposed to be on the same level. If Take had someone train him to use the knife, then I think he could learn it as fast as Komatsu probably would.

The saga of the crybaby Komatsu continues... I know this arc isn't over and there's still some time before they go to the Gourmet World, but I'm not far from changing my opinion about him getting stronger. It's almost like he's going backwards. What happened to the Komatsu that was willing to die before he let Staajyun take his knife? He was crying then too but he still stood up to him. At end of this chapter he just seemed like a whiny little kid.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its appropriate that komatsu whines in this chapter seeing most of the temple gets destroyed and temple masters getting sliced like sashimi. No matter how enlighten someone gets i think they would still be shocked. CHapter is still awesome but it confuses me a bit when master chin gets stab like that without any retaliation. He should be on par with Chiyo right?

And toriko wow beef up and instant long hair. probably happens when he eats food thats compatible with his cell and break that gourmet cells barrier to the next level. I hope he'll come and kick ass around with his enlightened skills. He manage to unlock the secret of food honor which Chiyo came to get rid off. He might be able to scare off Chiyo since he is an unknown factor. We know his true power surpasses all the assistant temple masters. Now he got their skills i think he can scare away bishoku kai.

Moreover i hope they will give some backstory on how Take manage to form a combo with xxxx. I dont like it when characters are introduce like this with sudden power. We know komatsu and toriko went to hell and back for their training so i want to see some explanation and suffering for the sudden increase in power for Take. A pill and some scar marks wont justify.

And can someone explain the significant of that knife? I dont understand it at all lol

ps: i wonder if we would be able to see another chapter like 187. The moment when Wagon realise he's been...slice? is probably the most omgwtfbbq moment in my entire manga reading.

pss forgot to mention. This manga is becoming creepy since chiyo came. Even master chin (page 13) looks..creeeeeppppy
    We should probably make a thread on top creepy and omg moments in toriko. The first one was when stajyuun came out from the sea when they're capturing puffer whale. that gt robo and the reaction from toriko and coco gave me chills
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; May 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems quite surprising that Toriko was be able to make it in time. Lets examine a few points in previous chapters.
    1. Toriko and Master Chin was walking on the buble road for days.
    2. The use of spoons allow Master Chin to travel great distance with little time.
    3. The moment that Master Chin left, Toriko was still eating.
    From these 3 evidences, I think Toriko speed and his use in fork and knife have evolved in variety as well as power. Also Toriko was able to defeat the assistant chief after he learned Food Honor. After absorbing the Food Immersion technique it can be said that he is now way beyond the power of an assistant chief.
    And please keep that hair for the love of god. It looks awesome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Another great chapter. Though I hope the Chinchin vs. Chiyo fight isn't over just like that. That would be a bit anticlimactic. Though it would serve the purpose of not overshadowing Toriko's fight. And if Chinchin loses, I doubt Toriko can take on both Chiyo and the Golem, so it might be that the enemy has to conveniently leave when things get really bad. Either way, I'm sure we will get to see Toriko in action, and though I'm not crazy about his Super Saiyan 3/Fabio hair, I'm looking forward to seeing just how powerful he is now. He must have eaten a ton of bubble fruits.

One thing I am confused about is what exactly Otake did to Komatsu with that "revitalization knife" technique? Did he hurt him, or what? Was that a malicious attack?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Most epic chapter in a long time. So many stuff to point on. Otake's technique, he's improved greatly and his partner, first one that came to mind - Staajyun! Considering his history with Toriko I think that could be great to further solidify their rivalry making it combo rivalry.

Fight between the masters - Chin seems to have lowered his guard but I believe the fight is far from over. Chin has to win to preserve food honor, otherwise they are doomed. There is a possibility that master Chin can't win and must sacrifice himself but I wouldn't like that, I want to see him in the GW along with other heavyweights. Those Chyo and Chin faces were some of the craziest and creepiest since Livebearer.

And lastly - lone beacon that shines in the darkness - Super Toriko! It's his turn to beat Golem and then maybe help master Chin. Bishokukai are bashing food honor heavily and he's here to prove them wrong.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko's entrance was simply epic, the way it was built up made it freakin awesome.
    Well... Chiyo sure is strong, but what the Bishokukai did to her ? I doubt she became like that just out of a whim, something must be wrong here... I doubt it's those pheromones thing from the Nitro because it was said to not work against strong people.

And I'm hating how Take became so arrogant, the guy sucks, but now he sucks even more.

Next chapters are gonna be good for sure.
    Also, seeing how Chin talked about Food Immersion being passed on, it seems that it may be possible that Toriko will just pwn that Lye Beast and actually fight Chiyo himself, the way Chin talked, it's as if he already acknowledged his defeat already.
    Last edited by Zehahaha; May 24, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing with Toriko's hair started me thinking on him being the son of Midora.
    Just think about their physical similarities:
    1. The hair
    2. The scars under their eyes.
    Btw: we already know that Toriko was alone/abandoned in his childhood when Ichy picked him up.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast