Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 188 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 188 Discussion Thread

I guess Toriko is at a higher level of Food honor than just about everyone there. At the end when he says, even in a situation like this, I still find myself appreciating...I was like wow! I can't wait to see what he can do. Next chapter should be epic!

I'm not sure what's gonna happen in the next chapter, besides Toriko kicking ass, but in the next few chapters I can see Chiyo reporting back to the Bishokukai about how Toriko stopped them and about his growth. Maybe they'll show Staajyun and Grinpatch smiling and Tommyrod getting pissed off.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it would be damn interesting to see what Toriko is capable of now and of course it would be also interesting to see Bishokukai's reaction on Toriko's growth. Also we should see how other Heavingly Kings will react to Toriko's growth. I believe his evolution was the biggest among them. I believe now after all of his upgrades in the last Arcs he can take any of them individually.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal Prediction (regarding the rest of this arc):
    * Toriko takes out the Golem.
    * Chiyo changes her target to Toriko since he's considered a threat and believes that Chin will die.
    * Komatsu and Shuu take Chin to the Bubble Way in hopes that the Bubble Fruit will heal them.
    * However, to save their lives, it will take a "prepared" Bubble Fruit.
    * Komatsu cooks it to the point where it's comparable to Chiyo's, so Shuu and Chin not only recover, but gets a power boost.
    * Toriko who was barely holding his own against both Chiyo and Ootake (since Chiyo is a near Setsuno level monster, and Ootake is sniping at Toriko from behind her), gets reinforcements and a prepared fruit.
    * Chiyo, realizing that Komatsu is a true threat, attempts to kill him, but he's saved.
    * Another possibility is that Chiyo realizes his talent, and kidnaps Komatsu, (which will annoy Ootake) leading to to a Rescue Komatsu arc.
    Personal Prediction (regarding future arcs)
    * The following arcs will have Toriko and Komatsu joining Zebra, Sunny and Coco in their respective training and another featuring the Brain Data Toriko got from Livebearer. In these, (hopefully) Komatsu will get new cooking or survival equipment. I also think we'll encounter the last two chefs that heard the Presidents full course voice.
    * Another arc will be about the Cooking Festival mentioned in the Gourmet Santa chapter.
    * Last two arcs in the Human World includes Toriko getting the 7th ingredient on the list, and fighting the Capture Level 100 beast.
    Last edited by Shadoguardian; May 24, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kato75's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the next chap is obvius
    Toriko will either defeat(withoth any kind of effort,or that''i was just testing my power on you''style[ie taking some beating just to show off]) the golem,or it will be scared of fighting toriko.
    Then,Chiyo will retrat because she will realize she cant hold both toriko and master chin at the same time withouth some effort(a good way to show that shes strong,but toriko growth is amazing.Remember,we havent see him really fighting after food imersion)
    Then Komatsu goes to bubble way,prepare some,and heals everbody(aside from wagon,duh)
    Is the old guy that chiyo was holding dead or just K.O.ed?

Prediction for next chapther:Toriko takes Chiyo attack,but it only hits his hair,causing it to be cut off and ''reverting'' to normal
    ----------------------
    This arc leaves me bugged to the next ones:Toriko stregth is increassing so much that mostly of events that Shadoguardian predicted(and are very likely to happen) simply doesnt looks that excting to me,as it looks
    A)that toriko either clear these events VERY fast(as i said,his strengh is increasing DRASTICLY from this arc)and withoth any effort,which i wouldt like to see
    B)Bubble fruit power up(ie that muscles and hair) is not forever,which would SUCK A LOT.Even if this happens,the problem of A happening is likely,as even withth BF power up he already had a lot of power(that moment when he mountain/temple apart)
    Also,its just me or everything seems to be happening at a very fast pace?
    With 4 heavlyn pets being almost able to go the gourmet world(in the santa mini arc,which was a long time ago),toriko becoming VERY powerfull,and the bishokukai gathering their forces,and knowing that they already are at the GW(could be a translation error),how could toriko stops to do normal-day things if he wants to stop the war that the bishokukai want to cause?
    Last edited by Kato75; May 24, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Excited about Toriko's progress. Cool techniques from Chiyo and the assistant masters. The golem is just a beast. Take is immensely annoying, but Komatsu wasn't particularly on top of things this chapter. Still holding out hope that we'll see Komatsu pull out some moves. Also hoping that we haven't seen the end of the battle with the old folks. It would be disappointing if the battle ended so quickly because of a sneak attack by Chiyo.

Exciting chapter, can't wait for the next.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This Toriko powerup is much like Goku after the snake road (=bubble road). Expect him to beat the golem (=Nappa) quite easily but just a little bit below (max at par) with Chiyo and Chin (=Vegeta). My only question is will Chioyo be redeemed? Don't get me wrong, I love this series and hopefully Toriko's power-up is permanent pissing Sani with his new shiny long hair.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d_ace_shines's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter, and I can't wait to read more. One thing that I don't understand, Ootake said that he don't need food honour. Then how he capture those "shy ingredients" like bubble fruit?
    Moreover, how bishokukai capture food that need "honour" when they don't have honour to food at all?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

They won't, unless they are just evil but with food honour with some.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/38976/t...mata-noboru/17

I was wondering , is the revitalization meat cleaver from the link above related to the revitalizing kitchen knife Ootake used(see link below)?

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/103535/...-mata-noboru/8

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

After a bit of thinking I believe that even though Toriko got extremly stronger than he was before this Arc he can still get stronger by simple eating. As we know Food Immertion alouds you to preserve and storrage more calories in your body than normal human can do. Thus I believe that before going to Gourmet World Toriko might get way stronger by eating tons of simple food. We know about his enormous 36 twin Kugi Punch... well I believe that now it didn't only get stronger due to all his level-ups and mastering Food Honour and Food Immertion, but also by gaining more calories stored in his body he can perform it (or for example stronger verssion of it like 40 or more ren) not 1, 2 or 3 times, but something around 10-12 or even more in a row. That will make him one of the most devastating characters in the manga as we've seen how strong was his casual Flying Knife even before finishing his Food Honour training... So if he gets his weight up to 2-3 tons... then he might become a real gamechanger for the IGO.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    After a bit of thinking I believe that even though Toriko got extremly stronger than he was before this Arc he can still get stronger by simple eating. As we know Food Immertion alouds you to preserve and storrage more calories in your body than normal human can do. Thus I believe that before going to Gourmet World Toriko might get way stronger by eating tons of simple food. We know about his enormous 36 twin Kugi Punch... well I believe that now it didn't only get stronger due to all his level-ups and mastering Food Honour and Food Immertion, but also by gaining more calories stored in his body he can perform it (or for example stronger verssion of it like 40 or more ren) not 1, 2 or 3 times, but something around 10-12 or even more in a row. That will make him one of the most devastating characters in the manga as we've seen how strong was his casual Flying Knife even before finishing his Food Honour training... So if he gets his weight up to 2-3 tons... then he might become a real gamechanger for the IGO.
    Erm... There's only one way for Toriko to get stronger ---> his gourmet cells evolving. Having more calories doesn't mean his Kugi Punch will get stronger or any like that.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't get my point... I stated that his Kugi Punch should have already evolved due to the evolution of his Cells in the last Arcs and due to Food Honour and Food Immerssion. My point was that before this Arc he didn't have enough calories to perform his strogest atacks in consequitive series. Now having way more calories stored in his body he might perform his strongest attack (36 ren twin kugi punch) not 2 times and be tired like hell, but I believe he can make somewhere near 10 in a row or even more with also better effect due to Food Honour training. And he can increase his quantity of calories stored in his body to make a posibility to increase the number of overall atacks he can perform before exausting, thus also making himself stronger.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d_ace_shines View Post
    Good chapter, and I can't wait to read more. One thing that I don't understand, Ootake said that he don't need food honour. Then how he capture those "shy ingredients" like bubble fruit?
    Moreover, how bishokukai capture food that need "honour" when they don't have honour to food at all?
    Maybe there a evil version of food honor like food dominance something like what Chiyo did when she made the cowardly temple show itself.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    * Chiyo, realizing that Komatsu is a true threat, attempts to kill him, but he's saved.
    * Another possibility is that Chiyo realizes his talent, and kidnaps Komatsu, (which will annoy Ootake) leading to to a Rescue Komatsu arc.
    I think its soon to komatsu to be kidnaped because toriko could not go to the rescue in the GW maybe after toriko complete the list and komatsu win the cooking festival the bishokukai wants to kidnap komatsu .

and another featuring the Brain Data Toriko got from Livebearer. In these, (hopefully) Komatsu will get new cooking or survival equipment.
    I like that komatsu have more equipment to survive in GW

I also think we'll encounter the last two chefs that heard the Presidents full course voice.
    Its said in that chpater that many chefs around the world heard the president full course voice i dont think the others are relevant (IMO)

PD Maybe at the end to this arc chiru is going to be kidnaped

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope that this time Toriko power my be a bit better than the rest of the Heavenly Kings. I mean whats the point of the protagonist power up at a rate like everybody?

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast