Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 188 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 188 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    I just hope that this time Toriko power my be a bit better than the rest of the Heavenly Kings. I mean whats the point of the protagonist power up at a rate like everybody?
    I wouldn't get your hopes up too soon. Usually whenever Toriko powers up, someone else ends up coming in and upstaging him. Though, I do wonder about the rest of the gang. How in the world will they catch to up to Toriko now? Food honor is kind of a big power-up that puts him above a lot of people now. Will they learn an equivalent? Then again, I'm assuming that not all of the strong characters, like Guemon, Jiro, and even Mirdora have food honor, so maybe the other three Kings don't need it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Through Food Honor Toriko was be able to use less useless movement in order to not get fatigue. This is just like Sani's Intuition. Lets just hope that this time, he will become a bit useful than one of the Four Heavenly Kings.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually the thing is that Toriko also learned that intuition thing. It was during Shining Gurami Arc. Of course it was not to Sani's extent and of course not to Guemon's extent (if remember correctly the name of that swordsman guy who guards the road from Gourmet World to the Human World.).
    I hope Toriko will now become the strongest among Heavingly Kings. The thing is that other three have their own sets of special abilities like poison, sound and Sani's negation, where Toriko only relies on his physical power. So now he won't be as handicapped as he was before when compared to other Heavingly Kings.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that makes Toriko different from the other heavenly kings is that the other use their specialty as their attack. Sani's touch, Zebra's sound, Coco's vision (find weakness etc) but Toriko's smell doesnt do much in battle. I cant think how its possible to develop smell to use in battle tho

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    The thing that makes Toriko different from the other heavenly kings is that the other use their specialty as their attack. Sani's touch, Zebra's sound, Coco's vision (find weakness etc) but Toriko's smell doesnt do much in battle. I cant think how its possible to develop smell to use in battle tho
    I always though that he would be able to produce odor or smell/ gas that can affect an animal, but I guess that's asking too much.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3