Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Mam

94 51.65%
  • Blackbeard

10 5.49%
  • Kaido

55 30.22%
  • Shanks

23 12.64%
New Reply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Yonkou Hunting

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdapenao View Post
    I think it would be Kaido because when X-drake arrives to his favorite island in the NW (http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v61/c595/3.html), the one let to guard it seems kind of a cyborg, which would be related to Vegapunk and CC, well it just a hunch.
    good job i totally forgot about that...i think you are right. And i think kid will take out big mam since he has already sunk two of her ships. And we still havent seen kaido so this is a good way to introduce. I think Law will be a yonkou and not luffy because luffy has already said he doesnt care about conquering...he justs wants the one piece

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BlackSword's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kidd's Alliance taking out Big Mom at the same time that Luffy and Law take out Kaido. O_O That would just be epic! And the chaos that would ensue would be amazing. The WG would be having reindeer left, right and sideways! I think everyone kinda wrote off/forgot about the Kidd, Hawkins & Apoo Alliance in light of all the events going on in PH. (Or at least I kinda did.)

Gah! I wanna see it go down like that! It might even lead to a face off of the original Supernovas which should be pretty epic too! All the chaos... All the fighting...

"The black blade that cuts your troubles away."
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions ~ 09/06/2012  show

Supporter of Usopp: Cleavage diving extraordinaire! - 09/29/2010
    My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleh I don't see the point of making Luffy/Law target Kaidou, considering BM is pissed at Luffy, and considering more that once Pekoms/Tamago will be back to meet BM and that she'd probably open the Tamatebako, the bomb will explode on her face (God I hope for that so badly), and she'd go on a rampage probably targeting even FI

And if Law/Luffy begin attacking Kaidou, having two Yonko's at your back would simply mean instant death for both of them

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats why Kidd/Hawkins & Apoo would have to attack Big Mom first... The Strawhats don't know about the bomb and Kidd has proclaimed on a number of occasional that he won't let Luffy do whatever he likes. My previous post on this thread states why I think it will be Kaido first instead of Big Mom.

My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSword View Post
    Thats why Kidd/Hawkins & Apoo would have to attack Big Mom first... The Strawhats don't know about the bomb and Kidd has proclaimed on a number of occasional that he won't let Luffy do whatever he likes. My previous post on this thread states why I think it will be Kaido first instead of Big Mom.
    But what would be the point of making Luffy state that he'd beat her ass in the DenDen Mushi ?
    And then again, what would be the point of Luffy making FI his turf if Kidd's alliance would be the one to take down BM ?

Then all that build up about Luffy defying BM would be useless, and just a waste of panels

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaido would be better since there is no way they take out big mam imo. Someone who can kill blackbeard who has two super strong devil fruit powers.

Anyways, I dont think as they are now they can fight any1 lol two supernovas vs a yonkou that probably has tons of pirates like whitebeard....

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    But what would be the point of making Luffy state that he'd beat her ass in the DenDen Mushi ?
    And then again, what would be the point of Luffy making FI his turf if Kidd's alliance would be the one to take down BM ?

Then all that build up about Luffy defying BM would be useless, and just a waste of panels
    Wouldn't be a waste of panels! Luffy's declaration of 'war' stops Big Mom from immediately vaporizing FI. Kidd's Alliance takes out Big Mom... Kidd tries to Claim FI only to end up fighting Luffy for it.

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Kaido would be better since there is no way they take out big mam imo. Someone who can kill blackbeard who has two super strong devil fruit powers.

Anyways, I dont think as they are now they can fight any1 lol two supernovas vs a yonkou that probably has tons of pirates like whitebeard....
    I know your arguing on my side but I honestly don't know what your talking about/where you got this information.
    Last edited by BlackSword; September 09, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSword View Post
    Wouldn't be a waste of panels! Luffy's declaration of 'war' stops Big Mom from immediately vaporizing FI. Kidd's Alliance takes out Big Mom... Kidd tries to Claim FI only to end up fighting Luffy for it.

I know your arguing on my side but I honestly don't know what your talking about/where you got this information.
    gorosei said that big mam is one of the few who can kill blackbeard( the dudes who has two insane powers at the same time!)

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

meaning that she is strong as hell and i dont think luffy's and law's crew combined are enough for someone who is on par with whitebeard the man who destroyed like over half the marines and almost killed akainu andddd she probably has an alliance with many strong pirates like whitebeard

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

gorosei said that big mam is one of the few who can kill blackbeard( the dudes who has two insane powers at the same time!)

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

meaning that she is strong as hell and i dont think luffy's and law's crew combined are enough for someone who is on par with whitebeard the man who destroyed like over half the marines and almost killed akainu
    Interesting... I honestly don't remember that part (goes to look) xD

Edit:
    Found it! And that's definitely food for thought... Probably doesn't mean she is 'stronger' than the other Yonkou it probably just means she has a power that could work as a direct counter to Blackbeard.
    Last edited by BlackSword; September 09, 2012 at 10:41 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

That was just a figure of speech. They said that the only ones who could stop Blackbeard after the war were Marco + the remnants of WB crew and the other Yonkou. It was meant to show how strong Blackbeard now is since he is the first one to ever "eat" 2 DFs, not the showcase how strong the other Yonkou are (who at that point should still be stronger than BB since his usage of the fruits was not that good 2 years ago). Now 2 years after BB is probably really adapt at using both DFs + his crew keeps getting strong DFs.
    Concerning BM, to me it seems like she is supposed to be the Crocodile of the NW, someone who is actually really strong but has not fought a serious fight for a long time. She just seems to use her power and influence to get as much food as she can and live a leisured life. I still agree though that Law + the SHs + Sun Pirates would still not be enough but there is still the "key" Law was talking about (presuming his target is BM). Also, like many of you mentioned, the Alliance of Kidd, Hawkins and Apoo targeting BM is not that unlikely, so we can look forward to a nice arc. In my opinion Zehahaha is right though, Luffy declaring war on BM at FI in order to make FI his turf would not make sense at all if Kidd was the one who to take BM down. The Alliance KHA would just help to fight the crew, we´ve seen at Marineford what kind of amazing people are under one of the Yonkou, so them fighting the crew would make sense.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

meaning that she is strong as hell and i dont think luffy's and law's crew combined are enough for someone who is on par with whitebeard the man who destroyed like over half the marines and almost killed akainu andddd she probably has an alliance with many strong pirates like whitebeard
    What Gorosei said is that the only forces that can stop BB are the Yonko/Remanants of the WB pirates

Quote Quote:
    Ofc it is, if she wanted to annhilate FI, she'd have probably asked Pekoms and Tamago to do that, and since the SH's were there, it would've mean a direct clash with her

And also, if Kidd would the one to do that, it would render the whole bomb thing inside the Tamatebako useless

Also, Kaidou wasn't even introduced, didn't do NOTHING to Luffy, had no interaction with him...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Junaid_Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read through this entire thread, so forgive me if I'm just repeating what's already been said. I just came here to voice my opinion.

1. I don't believe Luffy would've agreed to join up with Law against Shanks.

2. I think it's too early in the story to be going up against Kurohige, and Luffy wouldn't have smiled at the time if they'd been talking about him. Also, Nami and Usopp wouldn't have behaved the way they did - they know about Luffy's trauma and how it pertains to/stems directly from Kurohige's actions, and they wouldn't have just been obsessing about how dumb it is to pick a fight with a Yonkou, they'd have been more tense and serious.

3. Luffy is the type to settle his own fights himself, without asking others for help or relying on others. That doesn't mean that he always tries to do everything himself - he knows better than that by now (I hope), and can rely on his nakama. So, if he'd already started a fight with someone, he wouldn't agree to team up with someone midway unless it was absolutely necessary. Therefore, I don't believe the target is Big Mam, since the fight hasn't even truly started yet, war has only been declared.

Thus, by means of deduction we arrive at our conclusion: Kaidou.

TL/DR: KAIDOU
    Stand back, I'm going to try science

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleh I don't see the point of making Luffy/Law target Kaidou, considering BM is pissed at Luffy, and considering more that once Pekoms/Tamago will be back to meet BM and that she'd probably open the Tamatebako, the bomb will explode on her face (God I hope for that so badly), and she'd go on a rampage probably targeting even FI

And if Law/Luffy begin attacking Kaidou, having two Yonko's at your back would simply mean instant death for both of them
    Do you remember the Vivre Card Lola gave to Nami, I dont know why but maybe it ciuld be related to Big Mom and this will make a new kind of unfolding of what we expect, from a certain enemy to a an ally, It could be an interesting twist of what we expect!!!

The other thing is that we know for certain that at least Kid is also on the bad side of Big Mom, with the alliance of the Super Nova going against Big Mom, well I don't see the point of all going together against her, but it can also happen, well, its mostly speculation on our side.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

They are not useless, more than the direct threat, what was important was for Fishman Island to escape the repercussions of Bog Mom anger, so he did achieve that, It was on the spur of the moment and Luffy itself says that it was the only way to avoid that, I even saw that Big Mom was pleased to Luffy's words of challenge rather than angry. Also Big Mom seems not to be so interested on treasure as she is on food, so is not necessarily for her to open the bomb in the treasure, it would be quite funny if it stolen by one of the supernovas in the alliance and end up in a great explosion in one of their hideouts.
    Chapter 329, page 18..................

Just EPIC

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jdapenao View Post
    Do you remember the Vivre Card Lola gave to Nami, I dont know why but maybe it ciuld be related to Big Mom and this will make a new kind of unfolding of what we expect, from a certain enemy to a an ally, It could be an interesting twist of what we expect!!!

The other thing is that we know for certain that at least Kid is also on the bad side of Big Mom, with the alliance of the Super Nova going against Big Mom, well I don't see the point of all going together against her, but it can also happen, well, its mostly speculation on our side.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

They are not useless, more than the direct threat, what was important was for Fishman Island to escape the repercussions of Bog Mom anger, so he did achieve that, It was on the spur of the moment and Luffy itself says that it was the only way to avoid that, I even saw that Big Mom was pleased to Luffy's words of challenge rather than angry. Also Big Mom seems not to be so interested on treasure as she is on food, so is not necessarily for her to open the bomb in the treasure, it would be quite funny if it stolen by one of the supernovas in the alliance and end up in a great explosion in one of their hideouts.
    Yes they are useless if Kidd would take BM instead, that's like let's say Pell and Chaka beating Crocodile in Alabasta, instead of Luffy after he discovered his identity as being the boss of BW and the guy who needs to be taken care of in order to stop the rebellion

In the same fashion of that little clash between Luffy and Lucci back at Water 7 if let's say it was Zoro who beat Lucci instead

You disregard the OBVIOUS build up, so that you can justify Luffy/Law going after Kaidou, while the guy has yet to be introduced to begin with, it's nonsensical

Yes Luffy eating all the candy didn't seem to piss off BM that much, hence the bomb thing in the Tamatebako, that would definitely push her to hunt Luffy
    Last edited by Zehahaha; September 10, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are useless if Kidd would take BM instead, that's like let's say Pell and Chaka beating Crocodile in Alabasta, instead of Luffy after he discovered his identity as being the boss of BW and the guy who needs to be taken care of in order to stop the rebellion

In the same fashion of that little clash between Luffy and Lucci back at Water 7 if let's say it was Zoro who beat Lucci instead

You disregard the OBVIOUS build up, so that you can justify Luffy/Law going after Kaidou, while the guy has yet to be introduced to begin with, it's nonsensical

Yes Luffy eating all the candy didn't seem to piss off BM that much, hence the bomb thing in the Tamatebako, that would definitely push her to hunt Luffy
    Seeing that BM didn't go and destroyed FI its not really as useless as you want to portrait it, specially because they in fact destroyed a country because it couldn't comply with the promised candies. The bomb in the Tamatebako is another mater, from the few information we have from BM she is after food rather than treasure, I don't see her interested in opening treasure brought to her.

Kaido and Big Mom are the the options we have because Luffy will not fight against Shanks and his reaction against Blackbeard would be different. On regards to the statement of Luffy kicking BM ass, it lead to think that the fighting would be against her, but Luffy is not the one proposing which Yonkou to attack, is Law who said that he has a plan to take down "one" of the Yonkou's, so the plan is specifically to attack one of them and that doesn't require to be Big Mom or be related to the past incident in FI, even if Luffy said what he said.
    Chapter 329, page 18..................

Just EPIC

New Reply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast