Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Mam

94 51.65%
  • Blackbeard

10 5.49%
  • Kaido

55 30.22%
  • Shanks

23 12.64%
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yonkou Hunting

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yonkou Hunting

Okay we know Law has a plan to take down a Yonkou, but which one do you believe?

I believe it will be Shanks. Shanks is the only one of the four that I believe that can be tricked. Law may want to use what small history he has and the obvious history that Luffy has in order to get close and find an opening to exploit against Shanks. Also I think it would provide the neccessary plot device to make Luffy and Law enemies.

I don't think it would be Blackbeard because he's much too end game.

Kaido is an option but due to the limited info we have on him I would doubt him being a likely selection.

Big Mam is probably the second best option as Luffy already wants to take her down and Kidd is already wrecking her ships. It's not like Kidd, Law and Luffy haven't joined forces before eh?

Anyway post your ideas and shit

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Anyone but blackbeard is possible.

Shanks: For the scenario, it would be much interesting to see an alliance than to see an angry luffy fighting law.
    Big Mum: It would be too much of a coincidence & too easy if the enemy is already on the Luffy's target list. But it's still highly possible. Grand line started with a really big multi-arc story to confront a shishibukai. It would make sense for Oda to do the same with Big Mum.
    Blackbeard: Too early for a confrontation with him.
    Kaidou: He is an enigma.

So, by probablity order:
    1) Big Mum
    2) Kaidou
    3) shanks
    4) BB

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i like two possibilities.

law proposing shanks so luffy smokes him right there.....or big mam so we can finally see her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i reckon kaidou

big mam seems to be quite reasonably pleasant from her conversation with luffy (considering the circumstances and the rude stuff he said them in)

she doesn't seem to be unreasonable to the point of garnering law's hate

kaidou, on the other hand, we know is a person who would kick a man when he's down. his attempt at attacking whitebeard is obvious enough.

Law seems to be a reasonable person thus far, so I belive he wouldn't randomly hate people for no good reason. It's probably kaidou who would do something to irritate him that much

descending probability imho
    1) kaidou
    2) big mam
    3) shanks
    4) blackbeard (waaaay too early liike someone else above said)

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

why are the poll results hidden?
    Last edited by hyper_megaman; May 18, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks seems to be the least likely of the Yonkou to be targeted. Law exploiting Luffy to get to Shanks seems very unlikely to me.

I can actually see a scenario in which Blackbeard is the intended target. The alliance doesn't have to be a short-term arrangement. It's feasible that the alliance between the two could last an extended period of time, provided that the alliance itself is rather loose and allows for extensive freedom. A long term alliance would allow for BB to remain an endgame or near endgame challenger to Luffy.

Too little is known of Kaidou to be certain of his chances of being the target, Although, this alliance could provide an introduction to the last of the emperors.

Big Mam seems the most obvious of choices, but it could be for that very reason that she is not the target. I'd say there is about a fifty-percent chance that the target is her. The setup is already there for a conflict between Luffy & Big Mam, it would just be a matter of moving forward on it.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will be Big Mam vs. Luffy and Law. Or L+L vs. Kaidou. Blackbeard doesn't seem likely, esp if he hasn't increased his crew by a lot. Shanks, I highly doubt, not at this point anyway as I don't see Luffy and Law becoming enemies this early. Unless Shanks is to be the Aizen of OP.

No idea how big Big Mam or Kaidou's crew is, though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see. Luffy wants to save Fishman Island from Big Mam so I'm sure he'll do that by himself. He has a promise with Shanks, which means he's out. As for Blackbeard, well, it's pretty well stated that he could be one of Luffy's last enemies. By method of elimination, that leaves Kaido as the obvious. Besides, he's the last Yonko to be introduced.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaidou has been shown at the end of Enies Lobby arc and named in Thriller Bark arc. So technically we know now as much as we know about Bigmam. Both are cruel Yonkou, have subordinates and territory to protect. With Bigmam being "hyped" in the Fishman Island arc as she's preparing some kind of feast, and Luffy having declared war on her, Oda sure seems to have favored her lately as the coming first grand enemy of the New World Saga.

But: Knowing that Kaidou is someone who does kill a pirate's comrades to lecture him on being utterly weak due to Moriah's tellings, and Oda still hasn't shown the whereabouts of Law's pirates, Law could target Kaidou.

A third option might be, that Law doesn't want to go up against a specific Yonkou at all - therefore he might be picking up Luffy's target Bigmam.

I don't think Law is that boldinsane to attack either Shanks or Blackbeard.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't mean to hide the results...not sure how to change that

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    Didn't mean to hide the results...not sure how to change that
    Really? I thought you were doing it as a sort of way to see which of us were right about which Yonko. Anyway, why don't you talk to the moderators?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Kaidou has been shown at the end of Enies Lobby arc and named in Thriller Bark arc. So technically we know now as much as we know about Bigmam. Both are cruel Yonkou, have subordinates and territory to protect. With Bigmam being "hyped" in the Fishman Island arc as she's preparing some kind of feast, and Luffy having declared war on her, Oda sure seems to have favored her lately as the coming first grand enemy of the New World Saga.

But: Knowing that Kaidou is someone who does kill a pirate's comrades to lecture him on being utterly weak due to Moriah's tellings, and Oda still hasn't shown the whereabouts of Law's pirates, Law could target Kaidou.

A third option might be, that Law doesn't want to go up against a specific Yonkou at all - therefore he might be picking up Luffy's target Bigmam.

I don't think Law is that boldinsane to attack either Shanks or Blackbeard.
    nice. now it makes sense why law said "weak shits dont pick their way of death".....maybe an experience from kaidou?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mom will be the most realistic Yonko which Law refers to. Blackbeard and Shanks are just too crazy for a plot twist, while Kaido's background is not clear yet. We already knew Linlin since Fisherman Island arc, Luffy already declared war on her, and If she is not defeated, Jinbe wouldn't join Straw Hat Pirates.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm think will be Big Mom... all the reasons that dismiss Shanks and Blackbeard sound pretty valid and one could remember that One Piece progress slowly, so jump from the start to Kaido's crew seems a little rushed to me.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mam is the big enemy of this entire saga. Use common sense, people. Why would Oda jump from Yonkou to Yonkou? Luffy wouldn't be able to beat a Yonkou in just two or three arcs, the battle is about to happen in three days. An alliance between Luffy and Law (and Kid who will join in, he was mentioned for a reason) is what needed to take Big Mam down, together with the plan Law has in mind and the weapon they're going to use.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if I'm the odd one out in believing that Law doesn't have a preference on which Yonkou to take down. I believe Luffy will join against Big Mam because Luffy wants to, not because Law cares which one fall, so longs as it creates an opening for a new Yonkou.
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast