Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Mam

94 51.65%
  • Blackbeard

10 5.49%
  • Kaido

55 30.22%
  • Shanks

23 12.64%
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yonkou Hunting

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Hidden Resulsts, very nasty

I personally wont believe that they would go afte Shanks, because that doesnt make any sense.

I voted for Big Mom because Ruffy already declared War on her.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GiantAlienHamster's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mom would probably be the most obvious answer.

Too obvious, if you ask me. Why would Oda make it a secret, if Trafalgar and Luffy were plotting to take her down, after Luffy has allready declared war on her?

Shanks? Total nonsense.

BB would come too early, I think he will be the last one whom Luffy will meet (at Raftel). But who knows... Trafalgar's plan might be far fetched.

So I'll go for Kaido. He seems to be evil, so I guess Luffy might take him down anyway sooner or later.
    Some completely random predictions
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Shanks just because I trust that Oda will want to surprise everyone with that kind of twist.
    I really don't see how Luffy would want to defeat Shanks with an alliance (I could see him wanting to defeat Shanks with his own team, but not in an alliance).

Big Mom is too obvious, and since Oda wanted it to be mysterious, it can't be her.

No one cares about Kaido, so it can't be him. Luffy wouldn't have had that reaction about someone he doesn't even know, and it's totally not like him to go against someone that he never met before.

As for Blackbeard, I'd say it's possible, but I don't think Luffy would have had that kind of reaction, since he must be resentful about Blackbeard...
    He wouldn't have had that big of a smile.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Luffy might one day challenge Shanks to a friendly match. But to think he's gonna team up with Law and use a trick to defeat him, is ridiculous. So, I'm sure it's not Shanks.

It can't be Kaidou either because Luffy doesn't know him and cares only about opponents who stand in his way.

Those opponents are Big Mom and Blackbeard. If it's BigMom it makes sense plot-wise to make it a mystery, because it keeps people guessing. If it's BB, their plan will probably get delayed, because BB is one of the last opponents for Luffy, if not THE last one. There are people saying Luffy would get angry hearing BB's name, but he had some surprising reactions in the past, so it's hard to judge by his expression.

Personally, I vote for BB
    Last edited by natli; May 24, 2012 at 07:58 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone here thought of two yonkou? Law said that he wanted to create some confusion so how about make two yonkou fight each other then take out the weakened victor.

RED HAWK!

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    I agree Luffy might one day challenge Shanks to a friendly match. But to think he's gonna team up with Law and use a trick to defeat him, is ridiculous. So, I'm sure it's not Shanks.

It can't be Kaidou either because Luffy doesn't know him and cares only about opponents who stand in his way.

Those opponents are Big Mom and Blackbeard. If it's BigMom it makes sense plot-wise to make it a mystery, because it keeps people guessing. If it's BB, their plan will probably get delayed, because BB is one of the last opponents for Luffy, if not THE last one. There are people saying Luffy would get angry hearing BB's name, but he had some surprising reactions in the past, so it's hard to judge by his expression.

Personally, I vote for BB
    The problem with BB is that he has long been established as Luffy's greatest rival, the character Luffy is judged against. By challenging Big Mom at Fishman Island, Oda opened up the possibility that this rivalry could play out between two Yonkou from the start, rather than forcing Luffy to "power up" to BB's level later in the series. If Luffy defeats Mom or Kaido the rest of the New World would be about Luffy and Blackbeard's rise as powers and emerging rivalry, with each fending off challengers, maneuvering to break the balance of power, and position themselves to become Pirate King.

In case anyone forgot, Oda established Blackbeard as a rival of Luffy even before he was identified. His name is first mentioned by Ace, but he was not identified during his first appearance here. From the first he and Luffy were competing, who could eat the most, how did Luffy have such a high bounty, etc.

Kaido obviously makes less sense because he holds little resonance with the characters and none for the audience. Shanks is obviously out of the question. Luffy's most precious keep sake and symbol as a Pirate was a gift from Shanks. Shanks was established in chapter 1 (and the first Romance Dawn pilot) as Luffy's surrogate father figure, the adult he most admired. The thought of him even challenging Shanks is completely ridiculous, adds nothing to the story, and rewrites Shanks (extremely important ) role in the manga.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Saying it's not Big Mom with "Oh, Oda still kept it as a mystery" as an excuse does not work. There are plenty of reasons for Oda to want to keep it a mystery. Maybe he didn't tell us because we'd think "if it was Big Mom, he'd have revealed it by now!" It can still just as likely be Big Mom, but Oda is keeping us in suspense.

I still think Shanks is the least likely considering what Luffy thinks about him. It could be possible Luffy's pretendin to team up with Law to protect Shanks, but his reaction wouldn't be that calm or happy. Could be, probably because he gets to meet Shanks again.

I just don't think Big Mom should be dismissed just because we weren't told who the target is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, how would everyone react if Blackbeard was Law's target?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think its Shanks because Luffy made a promise to him saying he will be the strongest pirate in the world and how he will be the King of the pirates. Not to mention how he will defeat him. It WON'T be Big Ma because he wants to defeat her on his own.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a theory but maybe law wants to kidnap CC in order to make some candies and let mom be dipendent, if she wants more she has to show herself, also the fact that in this arc there are "sweet" and "giant " kid (big mom is really "big" but she isn't a giant, if she is, should have a giant crew, so the fact that she is enourmous is related with something else) makes me think that probably the Emperor will be Big Mom.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner karamm's Avatar
    Country
    Palestine
    Post Thanks / Like

When Law told Luffy which Yonkou he wanted to take down, Luffy had this weird smile on his face. So, im guessing it cant be Shanks, because Luffy wouldnt be happy about anyone wanting to take him down. There seems to be a connection between Punk Hazard and one of the Yonkou. As someone had already stated that Big Mom is huge, so maybe she's taken one of Caesar Clown's medicines (as stated by someone earlier); however, the person Caesar is taking orders from is referred to as "Joker", and Big Mom isnt much of a joker.
    The only "jokers" that come to mind are Doflamingo and that Lafitte (flying guy) from Blackbeard's crew. Both of them are known to be able to either hypnotize or control people (to be able to make people believe rumors).
    So my vote goes to Shanks. Just kidding. I really like to think Doflamingo is associated with a Yonkou, so im voting for Kaido.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What connection is there between Punk Hazard and a Yonkou? Before the accident Punk Hazard was Vegapunk's weapon and drug development facility. Caesar was a former colleague of Vegapunk, and chemical weapons expert at Punk Hazard. Law did not go to Punk Hazard because it is a Yonkou's territory, or has some connection to a Yonkou. The island is abandoned, a wasteland cordoned off by the government. Caesar returned to continue his experiments, complete a human gigantism serum, and prove he is a greater scientist than Vegapunk. Joker is a marine at G-5 covering for Caesar, hiding kidnapped children reports from the public. There is no reason to believe he has a connection to the Yonkou. In the manga he has only been referenced in connection to the Marines. Vegapunk's research notes were left behind at Punk Hazard, the reason behind Law's presence. He is not there to challenge a Yonkou, he is there to find a weapon, the "sleeping power" he can use to challenge a Yonkou. There is NO CONNECTION between Punk Hazard, Caesar, Joker,and a Yonkou. None.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It being Kaido would be a excellent way to link him to current events and fully reveal him, so I think he's the target. But I also wouldn't discount Big Mom.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    It being Kaido would be a excellent way to link him to current events and fully reveal him, so I think he's the target. But I also wouldn't discount Big Mom.
    that's exactly what I support. it would be a good way to show kaido. especially since I still think that the fight against big mam won't be fought because of Lola,whose favour still has to be seen and her mam was said to be an incredible pirate in the NW.

@Kaiten,I share your points of view in a lot of things you pointed out,but (forgive me) I've good reasons to believe what I said...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What are those reasons? If Law and Luffy do fight Kaido, what becomes of the unfinished business from Fishman Island? They still owe her candy, the treasure they sent her still contains a bomb, Luffy is still her enemy, and Jinbe is still bound to her service. None of this changes if they fight Kaido, Big Mom is still an imminent threat to Luffy and his friends at Fishman Island. Luffy will have to do the impossible twice, defeating two Yonkou in consecutive, or near consecutive arcs.

More importantly: it would be incompetent storytelling for Oda to introduce a Yonkou as an imminent enemy of Luffy, have Luffy and Law form an alliance to defeat a Yonkou, and then have them attack a Yonkou who has yet to be introduced, ignoring the Big Mom plot lines just introduced a few months ago.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast