Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Mam

    94 51.65%
  • Blackbeard

    10 5.49%
  • Kaido

    55 30.22%
  • Shanks

    23 12.64%
New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 148

Thread: Yonkou Hunting

  1. #91
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdapenao View Post
    Seeing that BM didn't go and destroyed FI its not really as useless as you want to portrait it, specially because they in fact destroyed a country because it couldn't comply with the promised candies. The bomb in the Tamatebako is another mater, from the few information we have from BM she is after food rather than treasure, I don't see her interested in opening treasure brought to her.

    Kaido and Big Mom are the the options we have because Luffy will not fight against Shanks and his reaction against Blackbeard would be different. On regards to the statement of Luffy kicking BM ass, it lead to think that the fighting would be against her, but Luffy is not the one proposing which Yonkou to attack, is Law who said that he has a plan to take down "one" of the Yonkou's, so the plan is specifically to attack one of them and that doesn't require to be Big Mom or be related to the past incident in FI, even if Luffy said what he said.
    She didn't destroy it because she said she'd target Luffy ffs
    She said it herself

    And I said even if she decided to destroy FI back then, Luffy would've fought against Pekoms/Tamago and it would've mean war with her either way
    Why the bomb is another matter ? It is the freakin matter, why did Oda made such a thing only for BM not to open it and some minion doing it at her place ? What would be the purpose ?

    Yeah she loves food more than treasure, what makes you think when Tamago and Pekoms will show up in front of her with the treasures, she won't open the Tamatebako ?

    Fact is, Oda put an extreme emphasis on that whole bomb thing, it would be plain retarded if it doesn't explode on her face
    Another thing is, the " voyage " between BM HQ and FI is a matter of days, there's a huge possibility that right after PH, a clash with BM will ensue or at least she may begin hunting Luffy and ordering her minions or even going herself to beat him

  2. #92
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Colombia
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    She didn't destroy it because she said she'd target Luffy ffs
    She said it herself

    And I said even if she decided to destroy FI back then, Luffy would've fought against Pekoms/Tamago and it would've mean war with her either way
    Why the bomb is another matter ? It is the freakin matter, why did Oda made such a thing only for BM not to open it and some minion doing it at her place ? What would be the purpose ?

    Yeah she loves food more than treasure, what makes you think when Tamago and Pekoms will show up in front of her with the treasures, she won't open the Tamatebako ?

    Fact is, Oda put an extreme emphasis on that whole bomb thing, it would be plain retarded if it doesn't explode on her face
    Another thing is, the " voyage " between BM HQ and FI is a matter of days, there's a huge possibility that right after PH, a clash with BM will ensue or at least she may begin hunting Luffy and ordering her minions or even going herself to beat him
    But all that you said does not mean that Big Mom HAS to be Law's target, you disregard all that I said about Law being the one that proposed the targeted Yonkou, knowing that Law is completely oblivious to what happened in Fishman Island.

    The bomb could explode in BM face or could also hit on of his subordinate and could have the same effect, that could prompt her to go against the SH and eliminate Luffy, but that also does not mean that Laws targeted Yonkou is BM, it could be but it also could be Kaido.

    The only thing I'm saying against your point is that you are making a close relation on regards to fishman island events with the proposal of Law when they are different, I agree that by chance it could BM but it also could be Kaido, also remember that Luffy doesn't know about the bomb so he isn't aware of the problems he could have with BM if it goes off.

    It would be very funny if it happened as the King Neptune and his minister expected and the bomb does not explode LOL :P
    Chapter 329, page 18..................

    Just EPIC

  3. #93
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    It's Kaido NOT big mam ( I believe big mam won't fight luffy, because I predict that her daughter is Lola from thriller bark arc) so, she will let luffy have Fisherman island.

    Kaido has a connection to dr.vegapunk who is connected to CC and joker.v


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  4. #94
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdapenao View Post
    But all that you said does not mean that Big Mom HAS to be Law's target, you disregard all that I said about Law being the one that proposed the targeted Yonkou, knowing that Law is completely oblivious to what happened in Fishman Island.

    The bomb could explode in BM face or could also hit on of his subordinate and could have the same effect, that could prompt her to go against the SH and eliminate Luffy, but that also does not mean that Laws targeted Yonkou is BM, it could be but it also could be Kaido.

    The only thing I'm saying against your point is that you are making a close relation on regards to fishman island events with the proposal of Law when they are different, I agree that by chance it could BM but it also could be Kaido, also remember that Luffy doesn't know about the bomb so he isn't aware of the problems he could have with BM if it goes off.

    It would be very funny if it happened as the King Neptune and his minister expected and the bomb does not explode LOL :P
    You are right to the point that the one Law targets does not have to be BM but can also be Kaidou, at least judging from the reactions of Luffy and his relation with the other two of the Yonkou (Shanks and BB). I have one problem with that though, namely that Luffy probably does not know the name Kaidou and thus would not be that happy if he had heard his name.

  5. #95
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    It's Kaido NOT big mam ( I believe big mam won't fight luffy, because I predict that her daughter is Lola from thriller bark arc) so, she will let luffy have Fisherman island.

    Kaido has a connection to dr.vegapunk who is connected to CC and joker.v
    Doesn't explain Luffy's reaction though when Law told him who he was after. Luffy would have almost certainly been confused had it been Kaidou, he doesn't exactly keep up with who is in power unless if he has had a direct exchange with them. I thought Lola was her daughter before seeing BM too, but now she just seems way too different to be Lola's mum, it's possible that if she is being drugged by CC's candies then that could be changing her too but otherwise I just don't see it. Then again Luffy has made friends with people who were shown in a bad light initially in the past so who knows.

  6. #96
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Did i said will love if it's Shanks the chosen by Law?

  7. #97
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    i dont think its shanks because luffy promise shanks that he will get/create stronger team then shank so when luffy go fight with shanks he will go with zoro & others and will not ask/get someone else help

  8. #98
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    I believe the Yonkou that Law wanted to target was either Kaidou or Big Mom. The thing is that Big Mom was too obvious of a choice, especially since most of us expected it to be her at that point as she became Luffy's opponent, when he proclaimed Fishman Island his territory and showed disrespect to her in front of her crew and also if the bomb inside Tamatebako explodes, then there will be another reason for her to fight Luffy, but I doubt Oda will go this way. Of course he can, but mostly he tries to surprise us and give something different from what readers expect from him, so my bet is on Kaidou for now.
    Anyways, I doubt it would end after just one or two battles, since Kaidou or any other Yonkou should be a beast himself, not even talking about their respective crews and allied pirates.
    As he is now Luffy can't take on Yonkou. He will need to take down Doflamingo and his crew first to grow up powerwise and experiense wise.

  9. #99
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Big Mom is the most obvious choice, but who knows. I'd say in order of likelihood:

    1. Big Mom
    2. Black Beard
    3. Kaidou
    4. Shanks

    I don't see Luffy fighting Shanks. And unless Law said something to Luffy to convince him that Kaidou's a really bad guy, I don't think Luffy would be at all interested in randomly picking a fight with Kaidou - that just doesn't fit Luffy's character at all.

    The only two people I see Luffy agreeing to fight are Big Mom and Blackbeard. I don't think Law would be too keen on starting a fight with the infamous Blackbeard, and it seems a little soon for Luffy to face off against Blackbeard anyway. And since Luffy already wants to take out Big Mom, he would agree to fight her right away.

    But One Piece is notoriously unpredictable, so who knows?

    (I think the most likely "surprise" would be them targeting Blackbeard. Not full-on, but just messing up his plans or something.)
    Last edited by Cyrs; October 19, 2012 at 02:18 AM.

  10. #100
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Everything seemed to point towards Luffy fighting big mam, and suddenly Law appears to propose an alliance to take down a yonko, which Luffy gladly accepts. It's almost a given to be big mam. I think Kid, Scratchmen and Hawkins will team up to take down the one and only Kaido at around the same time. Shanks will be defeated eventually by Blackbeard, and that's how I guess the New World will be divided towards the end.

  11. #101
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    We can only judge based on Luffy´s reaction and Law´s intentions.

    Blackbeard is out of question! He is gonna be taken out as last villain.

    Luffy smiled! It could mean the target is Shanks! Luffy would want to show him how much has he grown up since they parted ways in Fuusha (Windmill) Village (whatever was the name) as well as to show him his crew.

    Big Mam is already on Luffy´s "to do list" and I think if Law mentioned her then Luffy would show us some kind of SERIOUS expression.

    Kaido comes in consideration only because I have not seen Law´s crew around, he even frowns when Luffy asks "where is that bear which was with you" or whatever. Thus, Law wants to get his vengeance on him. And Oda would show us the fourth and last one of the Yonkou´s group.

    I don´t dare to guess which Yonkou is it going to be, however I would love to see Big Mam taken out because there is connection between StrawHats and her which is called LOLA. Her beating would also bring Luffy and the others amongst the strongest people in the New World (IMO). Yet, Luffy and his crew has not shown us much since the TimeSkip, they´re saving their best for some big shots in New World. Currently it might be Doflamingo´s crew, but who knows.. Anyway their 100% will be shown at Yonkou´s crew (IMO)!!!

    Care to write your opinions! Thanks.

  12. #102
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Whoa, didn't notice this topic. LOL
    In any case I think that Law is trying to take down Shanks.
    I know that Luffy's reaction, if that's the case, hasn't been exagerated, but I don't see any other ways.
    Yonkou hasn't been introduced properly, Big Mam just appeared, thus is not an option and I see BB like some kind of final boss.

  13. #103
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    My guess is this, which Yonkou has the most to lose or is the current strongest. Since, Blackbeard was merely "labeled" by others as Yonkou, I'd have to put him out of Law's direction.

    Most likely, it's Big Mam, because Luffy already knows about her and made declaration of war against her. Plus, I imagine, she's the oldest of all the Yonkou, and Law would want to take her out of the picture first. Especially since, Captain Kidd already made moves against her to the point where, she and her crew have lost money. And that's made them financially weak.

    Kaidou or Red Shanks, I don't think, Law would wage a fight against them. After all, Law just wants to break the balance of the New World set up by the Yonkou. Plus, I imagine since he's Shichibukai, he has learned a great deal about "all" the Yonkou and this is why, he's making an alliance with Luffy.

  14. #104
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    Law is not dumb. Currently Big Mom seems to be the weakest of Yonkou. Kid already dared to challenged her, destroyed a couple of allied ships. Law is probably aware of that and wants to take advantage of it.
    And it also makes sense in the plot progression. Why introduce a good part of the Yonkou crew and a bad captain just to make the plot take SH to another Yonkou? It would be like if SH went to Skypiea after Drum island and then came back to fight Crocodile.

    And I'm sorry if this comes insulting to those that think it's Shanks, but -
    Come on, Luffy likes to act dumb and carefree, but he's not that dumb. Nor is he a liar or a two-faced backstabber. He wouldn't go into alliance with Law, knowing that he'll betray him in the end because Shanks is his FRIEND.
    Last edited by Razh; November 03, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  15. #105
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

    I forgot details from the Fishmen Arc so I voted for Blackbeard when Big Mom was also an option. I don't think the choice is Kaidou for the reason that we don't know much about him yet. (Although one could argue it's because Luffy doesn't know about him that he would be willing to go along with Law.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    And I'm sorry if this comes insulting to those that think it's Shanks, but -
    Come on, Luffy likes to act dumb and carefree, but he's not that dumb. Nor is he a liar or a two-faced backstabber. He wouldn't go into alliance with Law, knowing that he'll betray him in the end because Shanks is his FRIEND.
    I doubt it's Shanks either. When Law says that he wants to defeat a yonkou, I'm sure he implies killing one. No matter how much Luffy wants to surpass Shanks, I doubt he'd go that far.

New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts