Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Mam

94 51.65%
  • Blackbeard

10 5.49%
  • Kaido

55 30.22%
  • Shanks

23 12.64%
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Yonkou Hunting

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrixal View Post
    I personally think its Kaidou. I mean, from what we've seen, Kaidou is a violent and cruel person who, as quoted earlier on, 'would kick a man when he's down'. I'm certain whoever the yonko they seek is, it is undoubtedly the one Doflamingo has a partnership with. When you look at the facts, its obvious Shanks has no interest in an army of monsters nor does such a thing interest Big Mam. Blackbeard already has his crew and probably wouldn't want a large army under his control, leaving only Kaidou behind.
    Big Mom's crew member has a weirdass Zoan, which seems strangely connected to the army of monsters. And why would BM, the sweets-addicted lunatic, not be interested in an army of monsters?
    The main argument against Kaidou is that there's no argument for Kaidou, since we know practically nothing about him (except being another ass). On the other hand, BM is the hot candidate because of her involvement in the story so far.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but we have also seen what Big Mam is like. Sweets are the only thing that seem to interest her. Something like domination of the seas serve to only give her more candy. Even then, she can get more goods without the need of an army and she knows that. Someone like her has no desire in any of that stuff.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrixal View Post
    Yes, but we have also seen what Big Mam is like. Sweets are the only thing that seem to interest her. Something like domination of the seas serve to only give her more candy. Even then, she can get more goods without the need of an army and she knows that. Someone like her has no desire in any of that stuff.
    Come on. The most important thing maybe, but the only? There isn't a single person like that...
    And she has a good reason to build up a stronger army. If she doesn't, then someone else will instead, take over her territory, kick her out of the seat and that wouldn't be good.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy's Yonkou Hunting

loooooool indeed case closed KAIDOU IS THE ONE - the first to go down but i still think BIg Mama will come down before Kaidou goes down

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy's Yonkou Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    loooooool indeed case closed KAIDOU IS THE ONE - the first to go down but i still think BIg Mama will come down before Kaidou goes down
    Could be that Kaidou will be defeated with a plan first, so that Luffy does not have to fight him 1vs1 or only has to fight him in a weakened state and then Luffy fights BM in 1vs1 in a "fair" fight, depends on whether Oda would go down that road or not

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 700 Discussion/ 701 Prediction

@Kaiten, since you said that a business alliance won't take down an emperor,and that only friendship will do that,you are hinting that Kidd,Hawkins and apoo will fail,aren't you? This is contradictory to what you said some days ago about Kidd 's victory succeeding in defeating bm is a priority to let jinbe join the SHs. Imo,it'd be better if they failed,as out of 2 pirate alliances,one has to fail,whereas the other one must succeed.
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; March 03, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    @Kaiten, since you said that a business alliance won't take down an emperor,and that only friendship will do that,you are hinting that Kidd,Hawkins and apoo will fail,aren't you? This is contradictory to what you said some days ago about Kidd 's victory succeeding in defeating bm is a priority to let jinbe join the SHs. Imo,it'd be better if they failed,as out of 2 pirate alliances,one has to fail,whereas the other one must succeed.
    What makes you think that Kid, Hawkins, and Apoo won't come to respect each other, eventually becoming friends, in their own belligerent way? Just because their alliance is stormy now does not mean relationships can not grow and evolve. They are more rambunctious people than Law and Luffy, respect and friendship might not be as obvious, but it is possible. Many, many things can happen between now, and then. We don't even yet know when then is. The possibility exists for their alliance evolving into something more stable, and strong, over time.

My belief is that Law's speech foreshadowed what was to come in the New World. The new generation will sweep away the old, and the world they built. Someone will defeat Mam, and soon. I don't think it will be Luffy. No matter what he said, I think defeating three Yonkou (I include Teach) is overkill. If it is Kid, that creates a good rivalry for Luffy. Kid could also be targeting Kaido, not Big Mam. I won't deny that possibility. I think it adds more to the story though if Kid is targeting Mam. Maybe his plan is more straightforward, and less successful, than Law's, triggering an all out war, dragging Luffy into the confrontation.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What makes you think that Kid, Hawkins, and Apoo won't come to respect each other, eventually becoming friends, in their own belligerent way? Just because their alliance is stormy now does not mean relationships can not grow and evolve. They are more rambunctious people than Law and Luffy, respect and friendship might not be as obvious, but it is possible. Many, many things can happen between now, and then. We don't even yet know when then is. The possibility exists for their alliance evolving into something more stable, and strong, over time.

My belief is that Law's speech foreshadowed what was to come in the New World. The new generation will sweep away the old, and the world they built. Someone will defeat Mam, and soon. I don't think it will be Luffy. No matter what he said, I think defeating three Yonkou (I include Teach) is overkill. If it is Kid, that creates a good rivalry for Luffy. Kid could also be targeting Kaido, not Big Mam. I won't deny that possibility. I think it adds more to the story though if Kid is targeting Mam. Maybe his plan is more straightforward, and less successful, than Law's, triggering an all out war, dragging Luffy into the confrontation.
    uhm,I don't think they will end up becoming friends,they wouldn't even have made the alliance if it hadn't been for killer who stopped them. about the overkill thing,it's also true that the 4 emperors don't have to fall either: what if luffy became as strong as one of them,forcing the world to acknowledge a fifth one,who becomes the pirate king? . well,I know that at least one of them will be defeated,and it will likely be kaido. big mam won't fight luffy,imo,because of Laura. but I like your idea of kidd becoming luffy's rival,that is an emperor. (but this would make luffy fight another emperor,isn't it overkill as well?)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yonkou Hunting

Who's Laura

If Kid replaces Mam, then Law's speech becomes important foreshadowing, not just bragging. Three of the Yonkou will be from the Worst Generation. Only Shanks will be left from the old generation. My guess he is that he never will have to be defeated. He told Luffy that they would meet again once he was a "great pirate". I don't think that will be until near the end of the manga, during the final saga, before sailing for Raftel. At that point Shanks steps aside, forsaking his status, and agreeing to help Luffy defeat the Blackbeard Pirates. There might be a short fight, to allow Shanks to test Luffy's strength. Shanks too has a grudge against Teach. If near the end of the series he judges Luffy a worthy successor to Roger, I can imagine him willingly bowing to Luffy. That, to me, really would bring the manga full circle.

My thinking is that Luffy and Kid become the next Roger and Whitebeard. They will become rivals, and sometimes fight, but Kid will never become a full blown enemy. There may be an arc where Kid is the enemy, but another where they fight side by side, like they did at Sabaody. Luffy never will defeat Kid, at least in the sense that he defeated Crocodile or Enel. By manga's end, Kid will be reckoned second only to Luffy, the next Pirate King.

Becoming Pirate King does not really factor into this discussion. That is the end of the journey. To get there, the Strawhats must successfully navigate the New World. The Yonkou are an essential part of the New World. Dealing with them will be a necessary part of becoming Pirate King. At this point in the story, if one is defeated, a new one probably will be proclaimed. It also would make sense if the old Yonkou are swept away. Whitebeard already fell, replaced by Teach. Kaido is the target of Law and Luffy. Kid too is targeting a Yonkou. That was not just empty talk. It will eventually be an important factor in the story. Sooner, rather than later, in my opinion. I think Mam and Kaido will be defeated early, allowing the New World to be about the rise of Luffy's generation.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 03, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of people are taking the yonkou lightly lol I think luffy's alliance and kids alliance will both be defeated easily, in order to force them to join each other to knock out the yonkou individually.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner karamm's Avatar
    Country
    Palestine
    Post Thanks / Like

What connection is there between Punk Hazard and a Yonkou? Before the accident Punk Hazard was Vegapunk's weapon and drug development facility. Caesar was a former colleague of Vegapunk, and chemical weapons expert at Punk Hazard. Law did not go to Punk Hazard because it is a Yonkou's territory, or has some connection to a Yonkou. The island is abandoned, a wasteland cordoned off by the government. Caesar returned to continue his experiments, complete a human gigantism serum, and prove he is a greater scientist than Vegapunk. Joker is a marine at G-5 covering for Caesar, hiding kidnapped children reports from the public. There is no reason to believe he has a connection to the Yonkou. In the manga he has only been referenced in connection to the Marines. Vegapunk's research notes were left behind at Punk Hazard, the reason behind Law's presence. He is not there to challenge a Yonkou, he is there to find a weapon, the "sleeping power" he can use to challenge a Yonkou. There is NO CONNECTION between Punk Hazard, Caesar, Joker,and a Yonkou. None.
    Looking back at this, I really am amazed by how spot on my guess/analysis was.

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My thinking is that Luffy and Kid become the next Roger and Whitebeard. They will become rivals
    IIRC Golden Lion Shiki is Roger's original rival, not Whitebeard.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    IIRC Golden Lion Shiki is Roger's original rival, not Whitebeard.
    But that is added canon to sell movie tickets, because the story was made by Oda now. Whitebeard is still the main rival of Gol D. Roger from my perspective.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10