Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Mam

94 51.65%
  • Blackbeard

10 5.49%
  • Kaido

55 30.22%
  • Shanks

23 12.64%
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Yonkou Hunting

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Yonkou does Law want to take down?

Im guessing Big Mam.Cause if Luffy is already planning to take down Big Mam.And IF Law were to target another Yonkou.Then we would see 2 Yonkous within a very short period.Which would be a kill sport for me...I would rather see the Yonkou one by one like how Oda had been doing for the past 10years.Showing us the shadows of the Yonkous,throwing pieces of info of the Yonkous everywhere,leaving us guessing here and there.Instead of just revealing 2 Yonkous almost together.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner poncho1's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Big Mum. Luffy already hold a grudge against Mum. Kaidou is also a possibility but we just don't know enoguh about him and I think it's too early for him to appear and it would be really awkward if Luffy have 2 Yonkou as enemies.
    Shanks is quite unlikely I don't think that Luffy would fight against him and for Blackbeard ... well I have a feeling that it's not him. It's also too soon to fight against him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of letting Luffy choose, it's seems more like Law just to need a Yonkou to be taken down and it won't seem like a planned if it's Big mam as if Law had already picked her out. (Jinbei, Law amd the SH's vs BM crew seems legit (; )
    If it's Shanks or BB I think they are going to lose..
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    I like the idea of letting Luffy choose, it's seems more like Law just to need a Yonkou to be taken down and it won't seem like a planned if it's Big mam as if Law had already picked her out. (Jinbei, Law amd the SH's vs BM crew seems legit (; )
    Don't forget the fact that Kidd is also has a conflict with BM. It will be more epic.
    I'm guessing that Kaidou is stronger than BB or Shanks, so I don't think it is possible too.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    Okay we know Law has a plan to take down a Yonkou, but which one do you believe?

I believe it will be Shanks. Shanks is the only one of the four that I believe that can be tricked. Law may want to use what small history he has and the obvious history that Luffy has in order to get close and find an opening to exploit against Shanks. Also I think it would provide the neccessary plot device to make Luffy and Law enemies.

I don't think it would be Blackbeard because he's much too end game.

Kaido is an option but due to the limited info we have on him I would doubt him being a likely selection.

Big Mam is probably the second best option as Luffy already wants to take her down and Kidd is already wrecking her ships. It's not like Kidd, Law and Luffy haven't joined forces before eh?

Anyway post your ideas and shit
    I doubt law is so bastard,shanks is off limits to him as well. shanks is honest,proud and a good pirate,that's why law mustn't attack him. BB may be sensed as too dangerous,although I think he is weaker than the other 3 emperors. kaido and big mam...it would be a goot way to introduce them,especially kaido,imo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I doubt law is so bastard,shanks is off limits to him as well. shanks is honest,proud and a good pirate,that's why law mustn't attack him. BB may be sensed as too dangerous,although I think he is weaker than the other 3 emperors. kaido and big mam...it would be a goot way to introduce them,especially kaido,imo.
    Blackbeard, the weakest of the Yonko? Uh, are you talking about the guy who Shanks was worried about (and also gave him his scars), who defeated Ace, killed Whitebeard, and posses two of the most powerful DF abilities in the world and who knows how many more?
    Last edited by EddyBob15; May 25, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is this even a debate

The last arc ended with Luffy declaring war on Big Mam, she accepting his challenge, a bomb inadvertently being sent to her, and Jinbe acknowledging that he can not join the Strawhat's until his obligation to her has ended. Now Law, whom Luffy and Jinbe owe their lives to, says he has a plan to defeat a Yonkou. Why, after all that, would Luffy and Law suddenly fight Kaido, a character that has not yet been introduced. How would that make any sense? Oda is a better writer than that, thankfully. He would not have gone to so much trouble to establish Mam as an imminent adversary of Luffy's, only for him to at random fight another Yonkou.

Anyone who even suggests Shanks should be kicked out of the fandom. What motivation would Law even have to take down a benevolent presence like Shanks when the clearly more antagonistic Big Mam is around? Power levels don't mean anything, defeating Shanks would be unsound strategy. Never defeat a potential ally rather than a clear threat.

Kaido does not factor in because we know virtually nothing about him. He may not even be a bad guy.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

How exactly do you figure Blackbeard to be the weakest Yonkou? He is the only character with two devil fruit powers, both among the strongest known so far. Had Shanks not intervened, Blackbeard would have used his then newly acquired gura gura no mi power to sink Marineford. He was well on his way when Shank's arrived. Everything we know about him implies he is one of the strongest characters in the manga. Shanks, Sengoku, and Rayleigh may be the only established characters stronger than Blackbeard.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone come up with the theory of Big Mom possibly beating and taking Law's crew in a fight? If that's so, that explains why Law's crew hasn't been seen yet and why Law wants to go after a Yonkou, most likely Big Mom.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Law is going to suggest, Shanks (and too people saying that shanks is too good of a guy, for Law to want to take down, Law was said to be a cruel person, and he states he is a pirate, so he does whatever is in the best interests for him, so don't think he is above taking Shanks/Luffy down.)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mom will be the Yonkou Law will suggest IMO . She was already presented by Oda and she seems to be Kidd's target as well . Maybe in the end we'll see an alliance of Luffy-Law-Kid like back in SA just like someone already suggested.

I don't see Shanks being Law's target at all . Law already knows that Luffy and Shanks are in good terms so there's no way he's gonna propose an alliance to take him down . Kaidou is still an unknown character but i have a feeling we'll meet him later on , not now .

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Blackbeard, the weakest of the Yonko? Uh, are you talking about the guy who Shanks was worried about (and also gave him his scars), who defeated Ace, killed Whitebeard, and posses two of the most powerful DF abilities and the world and who knows how many more?
    yes,I'm talking about that jerk.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    How exactly do you figure Blackbeard to be the weakest Yonkou? He is the only character with two devil fruit powers, both among the strongest known so far. Had Shanks not intervened, Blackbeard would have used his then newly acquired gura gura no mi power to sink Marineford. He was well on his way when Shank's arrived. Everything we know about him implies he is one of the strongest characters in the manga. Shanks, Sengoku, and Rayleigh may be the only established characters stronger than Blackbeard.
    to be honest,BB wanted to sink marineford,which is far away from being about to sink it. WB and luffy wanted to save ace too,but they failed. BB would have been stopped by sengoku and garp(remember that sengoku alone was beating all BB's crew with that shockwaves).
    and let me teach you an interesting trivial: as already pointed out,it can't be that shanks is much stronger than the other emperors,otherwise it would be Sankou rather than yonkou. the only ones who could keep up with WB were those 3,and according to the Gorosei,those 3 are the only pirates(and maybe marco too) who can defeat BB. rayleigh has been surpassed now,and sengoku may be weaker than Kong.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I think that Law is going to suggest, Shanks (and too people saying that shanks is too good of a guy, for Law to want to take down, Law was said to be a cruel person, and he states he is a pirate, so he does whatever is in the best interests for him, so don't think he is above taking Shanks/Luffy down.)
    Do you actually read One Piece? I assume not, otherwise you would not have made that comment. Law's actions during the war clearly illustrate that he is a friend and ally of Luffy. Cruel characters do not put themselves in danger to save someone whom they are under no obligation to help. One Piece does not work that way. You are welcome to depict Law however you want when you write fan fiction. In the actual manga Oda has firmly established Law's character as a good guy, it is not a subject left open to interpretation. Here, here, here, and here. This are not the words and actions of a One Piece antagonist, never has been, never will be. So can everyone STFU about Law being cruel and evil. He's not, get over it. This arc is clearly setting the Heart Pirates up as the Strawhats first allied fleet.

yes,I'm talking about that jerk.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

to be honest,BB wanted to sink marineford,which is far away from being about to sink it. WB and luffy wanted to save ace too,but they failed. BB would have been stopped by sengoku and garp(remember that sengoku alone was beating all BB's crew with that shockwaves).
    and let me teach you an interesting trivial: as already pointed out,it can't be that shanks is much stronger than the other emperors,otherwise it would be Sankou rather than yonkou. the only ones who could keep up with WB were those 3,and according to the Gorosei,those 3 are the only pirates(and maybe marco too) who can defeat BB. rayleigh has been surpassed now,and sengoku may be weaker than Kong.
    In the future please check old chapters before posting, having to explain the story to you gets tiresome. And never talk down to me again, I know how the yonkou work. If you do it again it will piss me off.

Individual Yonkou can be stronger than the other. Before the war Whitebeard was called the strongest man alive and pirate closest to One Piece. Yet he was still only one of four Yonkou because individual power is only a part of what makes an Emperor. Emperor's are proclaimed based on individual power, the strength of their crew, allied crews, and allied islands. The key is what Law said last week, all other pirates must either become allies or continuously challenge a Yonkou. The Yonkou themselves are lucked in a stalemate, even if one could defeat the other in an individual fight, the resultant battle between crews would leave the winner to weakened to defend their title as Yonkou. The Balance of Power worked in the same manner, with the individual Yonkou checked by the power of the institutions of the Marine and Shichibukai. You are very, very wrong: there are differences between the individual power of each Yonkou. But individual power is only one factor, that is why the Yonkou balance each other out.

Individually, Shanks is clearly a monster. His Haki is strong enough to knock out all of the Whitebeard Pirates except for the Commanders. When he and Whitebeard crossed blades they split the sky. He easily blocked Akainu's lava with nothing more than a haki infused sword.

The Sengoku fight lasted a few panels, neither he nor Blackbead were shown to be winning, nor was there any hint of who would win. Make up whatever you would like, it was only shown briefly. By engaging him, Sengoku did stop Blackbeard from sinking the island. My point still remains valid: the motherfucker is strong enough to sink a fucking island. The capability to destroy a land mass must rate pretty high on the shounen power meter. Please do not insult my intelligence by saying something as stupid as Blackbeard is the weakest Yonkou. It's obviously not true.

What the fuck makes you think that Rayleigh has been "surpassed". Like Shanks, he stopped a Marine Admiral's logia ability with nothing but a haki infused sword. He stopped a column of marines by asking nicely. That column included Sentomaru and the Pacifista, according to Sentomaru himself. Maybe Rayleigh has declined from his days with Roger, he is still stronger than an admiral, and he alone is strong enough to oppose an entire squadron of marines along with Sentomaru and the Pacifista.

I forgot about Kong. Yes, he and the Gorosei are likely among the strongest characters. Talking about them is kind of worthless though, considering they have not actually done anything to talk about.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People seem to immediately dismiss Kaido simply because we don't know his background. The same can be said for Shanks and Blackbeard but that excuse isn't being used. We only know a bit of Big Mom's background from the Fishman arc, we don't exactly know everything about her. Actually, we know little about her crew and what she does.

Breaking it down -

1. Big Mam: Likely because Luffy recently accepted a war declaration.
    2. Kaido: Possible since it seems too coincidental that Law would happen to have a thing against Big Mam, wouldn't make sense to have beef with Shanks, and Blackbeard seems out of reach in terms of power.
    3. Shanks: Unlikely because Shanks is too much of a friendly guy who can justify pretty much all of his actions and Law is also a pretty nice guy.
    4. Blackbeard: Unlikely because Blackbeard is foreshadowed as a) final villain and b) incredibly strong, though I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mom - Clearly she is the most popular and obvious choice. Simply because she is foreshadowed to be the first Yonko to face the SHs. However Im not even slightly interested in her. She had one disappointing first introduction. But on the other hand, the first Yonko to face the SHs must be according to simple shounen logic, the weakest one. So deep down I want it to be her, since she is disappointing, hence I want her to be the weakest.

Kaido - Of all the emperors Im the most interesting in him. Because there are some events tied to hm, which needs to be more explained. Starting with Moria vs Kaido, Drake X reasons for targeting him and most importantly his reasons to intervene WB (prior to the Marineford battle). Consequently Im also interesting in his talk/skirmish with Shanks. After BM he is the best choice.

Shanks - Having Law choosing him might be interesting. Just to see Luffy's reaction. As for now, I don't think Law knows about their connection. Will he decline in anger or rather in cool? I believe the latter will be the case. Simply because Luffy always fights for the weak, Shanks isn't one of them. He doesn't need to protect someone of Shanks calibre. Then again he might get angry, because he is emotionally bonded to Shanks. Im interesting in how Luffy will react. But I don't think Law will chose him.

BB - Of all 4, I think he will be the unlikeliest choice. BB is forshadowed to be the last foe to face the SHs. As such I simply don't see Oda chosing him. However if Law proposes him, I see Luffy declining, just like he would in case of Shanks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it may be Big Mom or Kaido
    big mom - luffy already declare war against her.
    Kaido - after time skip we see law alone so where is his crew maybe they dead and we know from Moria that kaido kill his crew so there is chance law's crew get same fate by same person.
    i dont think luffy will ask help from anyone to defeat shanks because luffy made promise him that he will creat more stronger crew then his

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast