Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2003

Thread: The Woods Are Lovely, Dark and Deep

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I see, I think I read all those manga too, except I read Naruto and FT sporadically. Noblesse is in progress, I'm gonna try at least 50 chapters. I read the Breaker part 1, I liked it, but for part 2.... I guess I will wait until it's ended.
    Good good Breaker part 2 just lacks that comedic delivery for me that part 1 had; especially in the first few chapters with GMR; those were fun to read . And yes, it just lacks GMR in general, though it has advanced a few characters backgrounds and storylines.

What is your current reading list? or since you're a shonen mod, I should ask what AREN'T you reading right now?

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Yeah just found out the results a while ago, I've been out all day. I'm so gutted, how can we lose to a team of mugs like them? bloody hell
    It's one thing to lose. It's a whole different story when Fernandon't Scorres dumps one against you...

But damn, Munich sucked ass yesterday. Not only had they underestimated BATE's strength but virtually nothing went together. We were completely out of luck. (Kroos hammers the ball against the post in front of the empty goal, Ribéry hits it against the crossbar, referee choused us out of a penalty and whatnot...)

I see some positive aspects in the defeat though. Some players were getting cocky and needed a nice setback. Plus it's more important to keep the winning streak up in the league rather than in that peculiar group of the Champions League.

Man, Zachary Levi's portrayal of Chuck is so amazing... he is the most charming nerd EVER. You totally root for him with the very first episode, IMO.
    And Casey is just pure win!

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    It's one thing to lose. It's a whole different story when Fernandon't Scorres dumps one against you...

But damn, Munich sucked ass yesterday. Not only had they underestimated BATE's strength but virtually nothing went together. We were completely out of luck. (Kroos hammers the ball against the post in front of the empty goal, Ribéry hits it against the crossbar, referee choused us out of a penalty and whatnot...)

I see some positive aspects in the defeat though. Some players were getting cocky and needed a nice setback. Plus it's more important to keep the winning streak up in the league rather than in that peculiar group of the Champions League.
    Yes HIM

You know those kinds of results tend to happen more often in Europe than previously, as big teams continuously underestimate first timers, forgetting that those teams have nothing to lose so they play with their hearts on their sleeves. But like you said, it'll be good for Munich to get their arses back to earth and refocus. I just couldn't believe the scoreline though; must've been a rather annoying game to watch/follow.

Quote Quote:
    Man, Zachary Levi's portrayal of Chuck is so amazing... he is the most charming nerd EVER. You totally root for him with the very first episode, IMO.
    I know I miss the show so much....despite the teeny closure of series ending we got. General Casey

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Good good Breaker part 2 just lacks that comedic delivery for me that part 1 had; especially in the first few chapters with GMR; those were fun to read . And yes, it just lacks GMR in general, though it has advanced a few characters backgrounds and storylines.

What is your current reading list? or since you're a shonen mod, I should ask what AREN'T you reading right now?
    I haz read em all.
    /jk

I think I have almost read every manga in Shounen section subforums, with the exception of Prince of Tennis, but some of them I dropped it or read it in random interval. Besides that, my Shounen references still stick to the big three of Shounen magazines (WSJ,WSM,WSS). Also, a lot of Seinen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Chuck is the first American TV series that I watched.. such a nostalgic feeling. I hope Yvonne, Zachary, and the rest of the cast would appear in another picture again soon.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zachery Levi is going to be in Thor 2

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Sell it to me
    Brah, its is damn good. You have to read it. I got addicted to it from the very first chapter.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

That's tough, hang in there yuki

How many assignments did you have to do?
    Not many assignments actually, but they take lots and lots of time and energy; mostly writing summary and stories and making film. Combine that with my work as lecturer's assistant and functionary of the student organization.

Anyway... you watch Chuck?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a Chuck fan, yuki?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chuck is the first American TV series that I watched.. such a nostalgic feeling. I hope Yvonne, Zachary, and the rest of the cast would appear in another picture again soon.
    I feel you man, right here
    Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Zachery Levi is going to be in Thor 2
    Did I not already make that announcement a few months ago? I know he was also supposed to be in the first one but due to scheduling for another project, he had to drop out last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Not many assignments actually, but they take lots and lots of time and energy; mostly writing summary and stories and making film. Combine that with my work as lecturer's assistant and functionary of the student organization.

Anyway... you watch Chuck?
    Woiiii, dunno if you can spread your student organisation work out to others( knowing they also have things to do) but don't melt*

Yeah I've seen every episode of Chuck, miss it so much; it was a really fun show to watch, particularly season 1-3 and 5.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I not already make that announcement a few months ago? I know he was also supposed to be in the first one but due to scheduling for another project, he had to drop out last minute.
    LOL I didn't notice it was your thread.

Yeah, he had a scheduling conflict because of Chuck and well, since the show ended, he's free unlike the guy who is doing Once Upon a Time. ^^

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes HIM

You know those kinds of results tend to happen more often in Europe than previously, as big teams continuously underestimate first timers, forgetting that those teams have nothing to lose so they play with their hearts on their sleeves. But like you said, it'll be good for Munich to get their arses back to earth and refocus. I just couldn't believe the scoreline though; must've been a rather annoying game to watch/follow.
    I really, REALLY don't like that guy. Back when he was still with Madrid and in his first few months at Pool I thought he was a great and very talented player. But now he's just become some kinda laughing stock...

That's definitely true. Another aspect one should not underestimate is the huge difference in general conditions and facility standards. I mean, I can only imagine how motivated the players can be about playing in the cold of Belarusian fall on a field that bears strong resemblance to a potato field.
    And yeah, it was one hell of a weird game. The whole game's dynamic completely changed after Kroos failed big time and some Belarusian player fired this super weird ricochet shot into our box where a BATE striker was left completely unmarked... after that BATE parked the bus in front of their goal, played destructive and we got caught on the break.

Congrats to yesterday's victory! Lukas the loo scored yet again, huh!? Who would have thought... I heard he's been harmonizing splendidly with Gervinho so far?

Quote Quote:
    I know I miss the show so much....despite the teeny closure of series ending we got. General Casey
    Ugh, spare me with that ending.

But speaking of Chuck, your post reminded me just how great the music was on that show! I can't recall any other series - with the only exception being Scrubs maybe - that featured music as awesome and fitting!
    Especially the range of musical styles was impressive. We had the cool and funky stuff (like Teddybear's "Cobrastyle" or The Deekompressors' "Rock the House" to name just two examples), there were funny and dorky songs (e.g. JEFFSTER!!! or that "Foux du Fafa" from Flight of the Conchords) and of course loooaaaads of other great and touching tracks (I for one fell in love with Bon Iver through this show)!

Yeah, that would be nice!
    Yvonne will play a supporting role in this season of Dexter, I'm really looking forward to that.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Woiiii, dunno if you can spread your student organisation work out to others( knowing they also have things to do) but don't melt*

Yeah I've seen every episode of Chuck, miss it so much; it was a really fun show to watch, particularly season 1-3 and 5.
    The problem is there isn't many people in the organization. Each of us are drowned with equally exhausting work.

I only watched season 1..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remembered seeing Adam Baldwin (John Casey) in Castle and he's in three episodes of Law & Order: SVU.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Where have you been, bitish? ò.ó

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How was work today?