Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 97 of 134 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2003

Thread: The Woods Are Lovely, Dark and Deep

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: " The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass"

Never tried it before. Is it good?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: " The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass"

Well, most people get afraid of how it looks.

It tastes like the ocean, is the best way to describe it. But a lot of people can't stomach the mouthfeel.

What's the grossest thing you ever ate?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Durian?

My mom told me that she ate silkworm as a child and she said it tastes like butter so I want to try it out just to find out if it's true.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I was once inside a sushi restaurant in gothenburg with two friends. One of my friends is a big guy who loves food (he is actually working as an assistant chef now), so we all sit down ordered our sushi, sashimi, etc the full kabang. Its just after lunch and the place has died down and soon enough its only us and the restaurant owner and his wife (a small family place). They are at the till arguing in chinese (it sounded like mandarin but could have been cantonese) and have been for quite a while. So as we finish up my friend who has a queasy look on his face goes to the toilet that is next to the till. The till is close to the front door. So we pay the bill and wait for him. He is in there for 15 minutes. 15.

Finally he comes out he has this look on his face, he looks like buddha. The most content expression you could ever see on a person. We say we paid, he nods and comes up behind as we walk towards the door. Then it hit us. The 5 or so seconds the door was open was enough. The smell. Oh god I can remember it right now. I remember thinking about the poor person who will spray that. We then hear the loud chinese quieten down. I turn, the owner and his wife have smelt it too and they are in shock. I really mean shock. Both mouths are hanging open (and if something smells that bad you are not going to want to leave your mouth open and taste it). My friend has his hand on the door and so like cowards we scampered and never looked back.

We all had minor stomach problems that day, but that was the worst case.
    Certified Mafia Game Shit Talker

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Ewwww, I've only smelled it at a market. Never tried it. Does it really taste like the way garbage smells?

What's the oddest animal-thing you've eaten?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Imp
    Oh man, that must be very awkward.

I bet you haven't been to that place ever since.

@Gary
    I think it tastes like onion and it was really slimy. It has been several years so my memory is kinda fuzzy.

My dad loves it though.

Oh, I tried bitter melons and they're nasty too. My dad grows them in the garden and he's the only family member who eats them.
    Last edited by riki; October 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I was once inside a sushi restaurant in gothenburg with two friends. One of my friends is a big guy who loves food (he is actually working as an assistant chef now), so we all sit down ordered our sushi, sashimi, etc the full kabang. Its just after lunch and the place has died down and soon enough its only us and the restaurant owner and his wife (a small family place). They are at the till arguing in chinese (it sounded like mandarin but could have been cantonese) and have been for quite a while. So as we finish up my friend who has a queasy look on his face goes to the toilet that is next to the till. The till is close to the front door. So we pay the bill and wait for him. He is in there for 15 minutes. 15.

Finally he comes out he has this look on his face, he looks like buddha. The most content expression you could ever see on a person. We say we paid, he nods and comes up behind as we walk towards the door. Then it hit us. The 5 or so seconds the door was open was enough. The smell. Oh god I can remember it right now. I remember thinking about the poor person who will spray that. We then hear the loud chinese quieten down. I turn, the owner and his wife have smelt it too and they are in shock. I really mean shock. Both mouths are hanging open (and if something smells that bad you are not going to want to leave your mouth open and taste it). My friend has his hand on the door and so like cowards we scampered and never looked back.

We all had minor stomach problems that day, but that was the worst case.
    This has never happened to me, and I've had sushi from places you theoretically shouldn't consider buying it from.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Oh man, that must be very awkward.

I bet you haven't been to that place ever since.
    Nope, I dont think I ever will either. >.>

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    This has never happened to me, and I've had sushi from places you theoretically shouldn't consider buying it from.
    No no no, I didnt mean it was all bad. Just sharing that story, I've had it a lot of times before and it was perfectly good.

We talked about it and I think they gave us the leftovers from the lunch menu. There must have been some issues with that.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That still doesn't make it right, it's sushi...ergo fresh

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes because something that is fresh is immune to hygiene issues.

Quote Quote:
    "Sir did you take this sushi out of the dumpster and put it on my plate?"

"Yes sir, but dont worry, its fresh"

"Ah, my mistake, you should have said.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be an ass...

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Ewwww, I've only smelled it at a market. Never tried it. Does it really taste like the way garbage smells?
    Don't listen to what other people said. Durian is sweet.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Don't listen to what other people said. Durian is sweet.
    I saw you replied here and knew why instantly

Okay, then I guess you're one of those that consider it good. What other fruit is is reminiscent of?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw you replied here and knew why instantly

Okay, then I guess you're one of those that consider it good. What other fruit is is reminiscent of?

I'm not really sure.. Durian is just Durian I guess. Is there any fruit contains a small amount of alcohol even though it's not processed? or If you eat it too much, it would give you high blood pressure?

Durian is a Satan's gift for people in Southeast Asia.
    Last edited by Doraku; October 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post

I'm not really sure.. Durian is just Durian I guess. Is there any fruit contains a small amount alcohol even though it's not processed?
    Like...all fruit

I know one of the most noticeable is probably pineapple?

Thread Closed
Page 97 of 134 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast